Summer Mercato 2019
(05-09-2019, 01:10 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Hot take:  Bonaventura would've been our best mid had he not been injured

I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t, taking into account how lacklustre he was in that role last season. I’d have preferred to deploy him on the left wing like he was under Mihajlovic, he was much more effective in that role.
(05-09-2019, 01:04 AM)porcho Wrote: Publicly starts crap with Acerbi. Shows up late to training. Tells the coach to get f$%*ed.

He didn't lash out after being terrible week in week out for the first 5-6 games for Milan... Hardly a good example.

He has been our best midfielder... But that's not that hard. look at the competition.
He started off poorly... had a solid mid season... been average last 6-7 games.

Depends what coach comes in. "Better" is subjective. it's all about getting the right players for the style we're going to play.

And at this stage, we need players who will lift the team when we're not playing well, not drop their head along with the rest of the team.

35m is a decent amount of money for a team that has to watch who they buy because of FFP.
To put it into perspective... that 35m could likely get us Tonali(20m) and Sensi(Locatelli plus 10m).
I guess your bar for what constitutes a shitty attitude is quite low then. 
Taking into account that the situation from the Bologna game is still unresolved and very unclear as to how it started, with Gattuso yet to deny Bakayoko’s claim that he said those words to him first (which would correspond with Cutrone’s facial expression), all you are basing this harsh opinion on, is how he was late for one training session and the Acerbi stir (which Acerbi started, and Bakayoko took it upon himself to defend the team). I’m wondering how you rank Bakayoko’s attitude compared to Kessie who was just as involved in the Acerbi shirt "scandal" and even got into a physical fight with a teammate. Even our Captain Romagnoli got into trouble for some childish antics against a referee, none of the players are perfect, but there is not profound proof that Bakayoko some kind of trouble maker.

I don’t think he started out that bad, he got to play a half hour against Napoli, which wasn’t a good outing but the whole team collapsed, then over the next 4 Serie A matches he only got to play 58 minutes in total, hardly enough to judge any player. Then Biglia got injured and Bakayoko got his first Serie A start against Genoa, and he played the entire match in every of our following 19 matches. Over those 19 matches he got the highest score of any of our players on average.

I personally think that you and others are unfair to him, as it seems like he isn’t staying. For many matches until Paqueta and Piatek arrived he was the only player in the team, bar Romagnoli, playing at a high level over several games, and I remember plenty matches where he was the structure that kept our midfield working.

Sure €35M is a decent amount, but we are talking about a player that is a lot more proven in Serie A than Tonali, who is still just a talent from a lower league, and Sensi has very different characteristics. I’d surely sell Kessie, buy out Bakayoko and see if he won’t have a more fruitful relationship with our next manager.
30-35 for sensi? 30-35 for Tonali?

Report after report has both around the 20m mark.
For all the talks of everyone after Tonali, only we look genuinely interested. And no one is properly interested in Sensi so not sure how Sassuolo would think they would get that figure for him.
(05-09-2019, 07:10 AM)Nicolas Wrote: I’m wondering how you rank Bakayoko’s attitude compared to Kessie

I don’t think he started out that bad, he got to play a half hour against Napoli, which wasn’t a good outing but the whole team collapsed, then over the next 4 Serie A matches he only got to play 58 minutes in total, hardly enough to judge any player. Then Biglia got injured and Bakayoko got his first Serie A start against Genoa, and he played the entire match in every of our following 19 matches. Over those 19 matches he got the highest score of any of our players on average.

Sure €35M is a decent amount... I’d surely sell Kessie, buy out Bakayoko...
For me it's simple... If I was coach, at that moment, you deal with the situation. end of season... they're both gone. You can't have players treating teammates that way.

Similarly how you're saying myself and others are being too harsh, i think you're being too soft. he was average at the start. Taking out this comment, I've not seen anyone else disagree.
And I did say, middle of the season, bakayoko was our best midfielder... by miles... but the bar is low... very low...

But this is just it... we're faced with spending 35m in the hope we can sell kessie... What if kessie doesn't get sold(not sure anyone would buy him) then we've got two similar players sitting on the team where we could have better spent it on a different midfielder like sensi and tonali. I'm looking at it more along the lines of... Does spending 35m on this player improve the team more than spending it on others...
Now, If Kessie is definitely sold, along with Suso, Hakan, etc. then sure... Great, Bakayoko would be a good pickup. But at the moment we need to send 23m over to Atalanta to make Kessie Permanent PLUS 35m to Chelsea to keep Bakayoko...
58m minus the 12m from Locatelli before we've even started our transfer window...

That's why I'm saying... we could see if we could do a deal for Sensi... with reports saying he's worth 20-25... abd they owe us 12m for Locatelli... Tell them... keep locatelli for "free" in exchange for sensi for 10m.
(05-09-2019, 07:13 AM)porcho Wrote: 30-35 for sensi? 30-35 for Tonali?

Report after report has both around the 20m mark.
For all the talks of everyone after Tonali, only we look genuinely interested. And no one is properly interested in Sensi so not sure how Sassuolo would think they would get that figure for him.

I don’t know where you see those reports, but I am absolutely certain that they will both go for more than €20M, and we are not the only clubs after them. Sensi has made his debut for the NT and he did well during those stints, prices for young italian players are always inflated. We’ll see who ends up signing them, but from the way I see prices moving upwards, your estimates are fancyful.
(05-09-2019, 07:20 AM)porcho Wrote: Similarly how you're saying myself and others are being too harsh, i think you're being too soft. he was average at the start. Taking out this comment, I've not seen anyone else disagree.
And I did say, middle of the season, bakayoko was our best midfielder... by miles... but the bar is low... very low...

That's why I'm saying... we could see if we could do a deal  for Sensi... with reports saying he's worth 20-25... abd they owe us 12m for Locatelli... Tell them... keep locatelli for "free" in exchange for sensi for 10m.

I am not just relying on my own opinion, but on the scores Bakayoko received from italian sports reporters throughout the season, and if you go by those he has been one of the best midfielders in the league this season, not just in our team. 

It makes no difference if you let them keep Locatelli for "free" and we pay them €XXM for Sensi. In terms of FFP it is the exact same deal, as if we got the €12M in hand first and then gave that + the difference back to them afterwards. 

There have been multiple rumours of teams being interested in Kessie, and I grant you that we cannot be sure that any of those deals would come to fruition, but I’d say that it is likely that he would be attractive to several suitors given his age, position and raw talent. I’d still bet on being able to sell him and keep Bakayoko, he is a much more complete player, and personally I’d love to see a trident of Bakayoko with Sensi/Tonali and Paqueta in front of him. But I’d hate it if Kessie would remain at the club and we let this season’s best midfielder strengthen Inter further.
Talks are ongoing between AC Milan and Nice over a possible summer deal for winger Allan Saint-Maximin
we wont excercise our option on Baka, instead spending on different type of midfielder acc to report
(05-09-2019, 11:26 AM)AC_Troy Wrote: Talks are ongoing between AC Milan and Nice over a possible summer deal for winger Allan Saint-Maximin

I approve.  Hope we get him. Okmilan

Concerned about coach rumors. My top 2 would be Sarri & Pochettino.
(05-09-2019, 03:03 PM)Hitman Wrote: Concerned about coach rumors. My top 2 would be Sarri & Pochettino.

All depends on CL qualification