Summer Mercato 2019
(08-28-2019, 12:01 AM)hwmook Wrote: I got depressed not by the mercado but the fact that Giampalo sent out that starting 11. It show that our faith in him must be misplaced.

It's not going to last man. You can't really believe that Giampalo thinks that's the starting 11 we'll move forward with. Give it a couple games. You'll see.
What's so special about week 3? Tongue Seriously though, if they were in bad shape to not be on the bench I would understand but if you have them on the bench the season starts week 1 not week 3.
(08-28-2019, 01:10 AM)reza Wrote: What's so special about week 3? Tongue Seriously though, if they were in bad shape to not be on the bench I would understand but if you have them on the bench the season starts week 1 not week 3.

I get that, and completely agree.

there are things I would have definitely done differently. But I'm not willing to crucify management and coach just yet.

There's still plenty of time. Plus, I was expecting a slow start to the season. With the change in coach, so many new potential starters, and the late introduction of so many of our players into to training, it's oinly expected to take us a few weeks to catch up.
(08-27-2019, 11:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: Yup. Agree.

The negativity and sheer panic is incredible. After 1 game people are calling for Maldini's head, Boban's head, Giampaolo's head! I mean, holy shit!!! Let's give everything some time and not run around with our pants on fire.

I'm not sitting here drinking a beer while the house is on fire. I know there is a lot of work to be done....but as it's been said....we more or less played without 4 starters (Bennacer, Theo, Kessie, SS/Leao). You could even put Bonaventura there if things with Suso keep going south the way they have been.

Everything takes time. What we saw the other day wasn't pretty. But no way in hell is it a reason to just abandon everything and start calling for people's heads. Time is needed to judge Maldini's/Boban's and Giampaolo's work.

So I generally agree with you. The loss sucked but it was reasonable considering his choice of lineup/those available. I agree that sometimes the best players don't always play and it is easy to look at this in retrospect. However the coach talking about using a new formation after one game where he did not purchase wingers during this window or even try it out in preseason has got me really worried. If he starts freaking out because the pressure, then we are screwed. Don't forget this is a young team without any older locker room leaders. He needs to keep control.

I think Boban/Maldini can see after one game what this team really needs. We added some starters and depth. Now time to fill it out with older leaders and an attacking mid.
(08-28-2019, 02:09 AM)honsano Wrote: So I generally agree with you. The loss sucked but it was reasonable considering his choice of lineup/those available. I agree that sometimes the best players don't always play and it is easy to look at this in retrospect. However the coach talking about using a new formation after one game where he did not purchase wingers during this window or even try it out in preseason has got me really worried. If he starts freaking out because the pressure, then we are screwed. 

I think Boban/Maldini can see after one game what this team really needs. We added some starters and depth. Now time to fill it out with older leaders and an attacking mid.

What we need is Suso gone and replaced with either a top CAM or a top CM so we can push Paqueta to CAM.

I still think that so much as hinged on Suso not being sold. They really needed him gone and the fact he's still here has screwed up so much. Noit only do we need the 35-40mm to spend elsewhere. But we need him gone so that we can use others in CAM.
(08-28-2019, 02:15 AM)porcho Wrote: What we need is Suso gone and replaced with either a top CAM or a top CM so we can push Paqueta to CAM.

I still think that so much as hinged on Suso not being sold. They really needed him gone and the fact he's still here has screwed up so much. Noit only do we need the 35-40mm to spend elsewhere. But we need him gone so that we can use others in CAM.

agree 100% on this, suso need to gone, yes he have given milan euro cup places in the league for a couple of years now, but euro cup is not our target and suso isnt capable of playing more higher than this.
(08-27-2019, 11:44 PM)nefremo Wrote: Yup. Agree.

The negativity and sheer panic is incredible. After 1 game people are calling for Maldini's head, Boban's head, Giampaolo's head! I mean, holy shit!!! Let's give everything some time and not run around with our pants on fire.

I'm not sitting here drinking a beer while the house is on fire. I know there is a lot of work to be done....but as it's been said....we more or less played without 4 starters (Bennacer, Theo, Kessie, SS/Leao). You could even put Bonaventura there if things with Suso keep going south the way they have been.

Everything takes time. What we saw the other day wasn't pretty. But no way in hell is it a reason to just abandon everything and start calling for people's heads. Time is needed to judge Maldini's/Boban's and Giampaolo's work.

I was calling for their heads well before our first game. As a matter of fact, Leonardo leaving, Maldini stepping forward and picking fricking Giampaolo did it for me. Our non existent mercato with Boban came just right after that. I'm looking for a reason to be positive about this but can't. Sorry.
(08-28-2019, 08:21 AM)millinarios Wrote: I was calling for their heads well before our first game. As a matter of fact, Leonardo leaving, Maldini stepping forward and picking fricking Giampaolo did it for me. Our non existent mercato with Boban came just right after that. I'm looking for a reason to be positive about this but can't. Sorry.

A positive notice : Montolivo and Bertolacci weren't renewed and are finally (!) gone ... Sleepy
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(08-28-2019, 08:31 AM)GeoTav Wrote: A positive notice : Montolivo and Bertolacci weren't renewed and are finally (!) gone ... Sleepy

I think their successors are going to arise soon within the squad, so... Smile
This gonna be a long ass season watching the same old shit repeating with new actors.. just like the drama Days Of Our Lives