Poll: Select your prefered coach for milan. All are rumored to be
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Allegri
26.47%
9 26.47%
Tassotti
14.71%
5 14.71%
Sheva
14.71%
5 14.71%
Spaletti
5.88%
2 5.88%
Ranieri
5.88%
2 5.88%
Wenger
8.82%
3 8.82%
Gattuso
11.76%
4 11.76%
Capello
2.94%
1 2.94%
Bielsa!!!
8.82%
3 8.82%
Total 34 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Milan Head Coach discussion
Daniele Longo - Giampaolo closer and closer to farewell
Milan News

Milan made an inevitable decision to sack Giampaolo, but the reason for the delay is to look for the right alternative
(10-06-2019, 07:42 PM)ACM2019 Wrote: Giampaolo may be a genius tactician, but he has to be able to deliver results in this modern world of football with so much money and so much pressure involved.

He is really stubborn. I don't like that, but I can sort of understand. I think he probably is extremely good at one formation 4-3-1-2, so in a sense, it is not all his fault. But then he shows he can't adapt, or at least he can't effectively adapt.

I think the pressure gets to him. He is scared. You don't see the determination from his eyes. I know that we are probably not supposed to judge a person that way, but when your team is losing and players look to the sideline and see their coach just as dejected as they were, it is not good for the team morale.

Giampaolo also makes some minor change every game, which looks like he is still testing formations, ideas or players, or he just gives in to outer pressure. Either way, that doesn't shed good light on him. But I am still looking for justifications why he sticks to Suso and Calhanoglu, as well as a few others. Maybe soon, he will stop starting them every game.

At the end of the day, you have to win. All he has got so far was either loss or unconvinced win. Not good.

Agree. These last 2 months just haven't been good enough. I could stick by him if we are at least dominating but just being unlucky. However, we look like utter shit. And the players that have been the worst on the field (Suso/Hakan and to an extent Kessie and Piatek), keep playing from the start.

The first step to maturity in life (whether its coaching or anything else), is self-criticism. It is the ability to stand up lile a man and admit what you are doing is wrong. Admit mistakes and learn from them. He has not done that. At least his actions don't show that, as he insists on the same formation and same players....who by the way, keep disappointing game after game. 

It also seems he has lost the locker room. The players on the bench look half dead. No "togetherness"! No passion when we score or when we concede. It's just like a bunch of paid actors who just sit on the bench and wait to be told to go home. 

The way benched players act when the team scores/concedes tells a lot about the locker room dynamics. Our bench....it says the locker room is in shambles. 

(10-06-2019, 08:38 PM)mazen111 Wrote: TopCalcio24:

The sacking of Giampaolo has been taken .. just lacking Official announcement which may arrive tonight or tomorrow

I am surprised to hear this. I really thought that Maldini and Boban were going to do the "expected" thing.....which is, win=coach stays. But if they are indeed doing this, then I'm glad and happy.
I've said this before about other coaches. 1 win or 1 loss shouldn't decide a coach's future. Meaning, the coach is either right for the club/players or not. If they are, don't fire them after a loss. If they are not, don't just keep them for another week just because they won this week. That's a very short term vision and a scared vision to be honest. It shows that you don't know what you are doing and you have no answers/options....so you hope that things will just sort themselves out.

So IF thet are indeed sacking him, then good for them. It means they've thought about this and made up their mind without letting a simple win cloud their judgement on the future of the club. 

I hate when I hear news that "this game is the deciding one for the future of xxx". Makes ZERO sense.
It's sensible to sack him at this point too. As the commentators said during the match last night, now there's an international break which will give the new coach some time to work with the squad before the Serie A resumes.
And really, all I can say beyond that is "thank God!" Giampaolo is the worst coach I've seen at Milan in the 21 years I've been following the club.
(10-06-2019, 09:06 PM)devoted_dm Wrote: It's sensible to sack him at this point too. As the commentators said during the match last night, now there's an international break which will give the new coach some time to work with the squad before the Serie A resumes.
And really, all I can say beyond that is "thank God!" Giampaolo is the worst coach I've seen at Milan in the 21 years I've been following the club.

Let's not go that far. There was a ceetain Christian Brocchi on our bench for a little bit. Big Grin

Also, Inzaghi was a disaster. We looked like an amateur team back then. Big Grin
(10-06-2019, 09:12 PM)nefremo Wrote: Let's not go that far. There was a ceetain Christian Brocchi on our bench for a little bit. Big Grin

Also, Inzaghi was a disaster. We looked like an amateur team back then. Big Grin

Oh I am well aware they were terrible too Big Grin It's just that I have never seen such a lack of leadership as under Giampaolo, not to mention the complete inability of the team to win without needing a penalty to decide the match. I think I said after the opener against Udinese that he's out of his depth at Milan, and I have seen nothing to convince me otherwise since then.
He is not the worst and btw I would say the chances of *any* next coach giving many chances to Suso is high, actually very high. It has already happened coach after coach.
Our best coach post-Allegri probably was Sinisa Mihajlovic. He promoted Donnarumma and brought us Romagnoli (the only two that we truly can count on), and more importantly, he sent Suso away to Genoa. Icon_lol2
Our problems go way beyond just the coach. Replacing Giampaolo with one of the names we've been linked with recently probably won't help us much. It's just a bunch that will represent more of the same and who have been sacked at least three times before at other smaller clubs.
From Maldini's and Boban's expressions during the match, and the fact Maldini left at half-time didn't actually spoke words about Giampaolo's future.

I also read somewhere that both including Massara seriously considered sacking him at half-time, reason they didn't wasn't mentioned.

The total humiliation against Genoa, who barely managed to stay in Serie A last season, and who are also 19th in the table should have been an enough reason to sack him right after the match and then start looking for a new manager. Waiting to sign a new manager before sacking him actually doesn't make me feel comfortable(Yeah, I know I contradicted my first point, but that's Milan's situation ATM).