05-24-2021, 07:01 PM
Just get rid of donarumma. He's a big headache
AC MILAN
|
Summer mercato 2021
|
|
05-24-2021, 07:02 PM
(05-24-2021, 06:50 PM)Inas Wrote: Re Donnarumma - why I will blame management is for the simple fact that you just don't allow your most valuable players run down their contracts. No matter what. You cajole, you plead, you bargain, you threaten. Simply put, you do whatever is damn necessary to avoid that. Especially when dealing with a devil agent like Raiola. Because the moment they enter the last months of their contracts, they have you where they want you, the initiative is out of your hands. We've seen how Mirabelli arm-twisted Raiola in the last Donnarumma saga. That's what you do. Heck, you can even threaten to freeze the players out of the squad, it's well within your right. We've seen it done by clubs countless times. Agree. He should have signed extension last summer or Milan should have sold him. All this boring endless contract negotiations in public is unedifying and gives the advantage to agents. If he goes its no big loss as Maignan looks impressive and you cannot have a situation where the GK is the highest paid player/position.
Something inside me will be really sad if Donna leaves, but i think its mostly that i had a small hope that football as it was before will triumph pure money. If he would, he could be the most capped player in the history of Milan if he stayed for life. To get that record for one of the biggest clubs in the world ust be something, but not for money hungry young player these days. And why walk away now? We have one of the most exiting young teams in Europe, we got in to CL, the whole clubs is in the right direction for future glory. I just cant understand that 1 million more each year is worth more than this? And who can afford his 10 mill wages? Not Barcelona, and they have Ter Stegen, maybe Juve but they are declining, i truly believe we have a brighter future than them. PSG maybe, but they have Navas. Liverpool have Allison, Real have Courtois. Inter is in a financial crisis so can they afford him, and will he be such an asshole? I dont think so.
So maybe he will have an 15 mill offer from Qatar or other oligark states, and play his proffesional career in a Serie C level. Who knows, money obviously talks...
05-24-2021, 07:13 PM
I will also say that Maignan looks really good. I dont think it will be that a big fall inn level if he is the replacement.
05-24-2021, 07:17 PM
Well... I don't know about Donnarumma tbh. Fabrizio Romano, who is by far the most trust-worthy of all the sources to have talked about Gigio and Calha today, says that contract talks are on-going. And I mean, when Kessie took the second penalty last night, in the background you could see Donnarumma getting on his knees with his face in the ground because he was too nervous to watch. He then ran across the field within seconds to celebrate with the others. That doesn't look like a player who doesn't care or is on his way out. Then there was his "andiamo" post on Instagram after the match. There is something really weird going on here. I have seen top players leave Milan before, but usually you'll get some kind of sign of what's about to happen, like when Shevchenko was subbed off in one of his last matches and threw the captain's armband to the ground, etc.
I also think that if he and Calha were really going to leave, they would have said so now. Instead Calha (who celebrated like crazy last night) said today that Milan is very special to him and that he hasn't decided yet, while Donnarumma has said nothing. I kind of have a feeling that their agents are playing a game with Milan, but the players would ideally like to stay. It's all about getting as much money as possible. I could be wrong, of course...
05-24-2021, 07:23 PM
If Donnarumma leaves it will be sad though. Not so much for losing the player, as I agree that Maignan will be a solid replacement, but because it would have been beautiful to see Gigio play in the CL for us after having stuck it out through the most difficult years in the club's history.
05-24-2021, 07:28 PM
The main problem in contract talks with Donnarumma is probably Raiola demanding a €20m commission. I think Donnarumma himself would take a salary of €8m if it was only up to him. Too bad it has come to this...
05-24-2021, 08:04 PM
Bit it IS only up to him!!!
05-24-2021, 08:10 PM
(05-24-2021, 08:04 PM)nefremo Wrote: Bit it IS only up to him!!! It is, but if the issue is that Milan won't pay Raiola's insane commission, then I would think that to stay at the club Donnarumma might have to drop him as his agent. I mean, we would all love for that to happen, of course, but Donnarumma has been with Raiola for longer than he's been at Milan. I think he's even a family friend.
05-24-2021, 08:14 PM
Big deal... Giving up on his agent shouldnt be an issue if he really loves Milan.
|
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|