Summer mercato 2021
(07-12-2021, 05:32 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: This is what the hype of a tournament do with people. What's the point of having Chiesa if the other starters were Tatarusanu, Krunic, Castillejo, Hauge, Kalulu and Gabbia?

Of course I would have wanted to have Chiesa if it was possible, but not at the cost of the rest of the team we're building. It wouldn't help us at all.

Did I mention which half of the team? Icon_lol2  
What if I was referring to the half of the team that includes Tatarusano, runic castillejo hauge and kalulu? 

In all seriousness, the question which sparked my response was whether we'd give up Tomori + Tonali to have had the funds for Chiesa and I absolutely 1000% would and I'd even add on top of them two. 

Chiesa didn't just show this quality in this one tournament, he has always had it & he had a big stage to shine & he certainly did. He was menacing every single time he touched the ball & I think people forget how he plays against Milan every time too totally out classing us. He plays for a team that I bitterly dislike but the reality is he is (in my opinion) top 3 attacking talents in the world under 25.

Anyhow, no use to go too far with this conversation but it was rather a point of discussion following this Euro relevant to transfer market and what we missed. On we go now let's find our own version of Chiesa now  Okmilan
(07-13-2021, 12:17 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Did I mention which half of the team? Icon_lol2  
What if I was referring to the half of the team that includes Tatarusano, runic castillejo hauge and kalulu? 

In all seriousness, the question which sparked my response was whether we'd give up Tomori + Tonali to have had the funds for Chiesa and I absolutely 1000% would and I'd even add on top of them two. 

Chiesa didn't just show this quality in this one tournament, he has always had it & he had a big stage to shine & he certainly did. He was menacing every single time he touched the ball & I think people forget how he plays against Milan every time too totally out classing us. He plays for a team that I bitterly dislike but the reality is he is (in my opinion) top 3 attacking talents in the world under 25.

Anyhow, no use to go too far with this conversation but it was rather a point of discussion following this Euro relevant to transfer market and what we missed. On we go now let's find our own version of Chiesa now  Okmilan

We've got one... Samu  Grinundwech
(07-12-2021, 09:10 PM)Inas Wrote: But is the "debate" about Chiesa vs Half of our team? I thought it was sparked on by someone mentioning saying it's either Chiesa or Tomori + Tonali. And I won't hesitate to exchange Tomori+Tonali for Chiesa. And again, it's not about judging a player based on one tournament. Chiesa has been a consistently talented player even before the EURO. One of the best out there in the league. Certainly top 3 forwards. The EURO just stamped his immense talent.

 This x1000 

Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan Okmilan
(07-13-2021, 12:26 AM)porcho Wrote: We've got one... Samu  Grinundwech

hahaha  Sagrin we can always use our imagination

I think the best thing we can do this mercato is getting money for Samu


Personally... We need to look more @ Italian young, Portuguese & even Belgium. They all have immensely talented youngsters. Jao Felix, Renato Sanches was super impressive, Belgium has that DOKU who was a total tank, Italy we know more or less from the league.

It's been forever since we've had our lucky break on a young player. Our next 'kaka' per say, we keep investing in young players (Paqueta for recent example) and they keep flopping on us.
Belotti
Bernadeschi Berardi Castilejo

The stuff of nightmares...
(07-13-2021, 12:27 AM)ac.michael Wrote: hahaha  Sagrin we can always use our imagination

I think the best thing we can do this mercato is getting money for Samu


Personally... We need to look more @ Italian young, Portuguese & even Belgium. They all have immensely talented youngsters. Jao Felix, Renato Sanches was super impressive, Belgium has that DOKU who was a total tank, Italy we know more or less from the league.

It's been forever since we've had our lucky break on a young player. Our next 'kaka' per say, we keep investing in young players (Paqueta for recent example) and they keep flopping on us.

If we can get money for Samu then that would be another Maldini Masterstroke. That guy's literally worth nothing. haha

The problem with Italian youngsters is hype causing overinflated pricing. Portuguese is fine but these days we need to get in earlier. Eg. Pedro Goncalves. Get him before he went to Sporting and exploded. It's the difference between 6.5m and 60m. By the time they're at Sporting/Benfica/Porto it's too late. 
Belgium is still a great Market as the players stil lcome at a good price regardless of what team they play for. Doku looked amazing so could be a good option. 

Brazilians are always a huge risk. More flop than explode. We were just lucky Pato and Kaka worked out, even if Pato ended up having issues). 

(07-13-2021, 12:33 AM)Zio Fester Wrote: Belotti
Bernadeschi  Berardi  Castilejo

The stuff of nightmares...

I still think Belotti could be good for us. And I do still like Berardi. 

Berna is a weird one. some times I watch him and think he's got the talent to be able to become a great player. but then the next game he looks to be a less skinny Samu.
The three players that got their new professional contracts from our primavera are attacking midfielder Andrea Capone (19), midfielder Giovanni Robotti (19) and central defender Nosa Edward Obaretin (18).
(07-13-2021, 01:12 AM)porcho Wrote: If we can get money for Samu then that would be another Maldini Masterstroke. That guy's literally worth nothing. haha

The problem with Italian youngsters is hype causing overinflated pricing. Portuguese is fine but these days we need to get in earlier. Eg. Pedro Goncalves. Get him before he went to Sporting and exploded. It's the difference between 6.5m and 60m. By the time they're at Sporting/Benfica/Porto it's too late. 
Belgium is still a great Market as the players stil lcome at a good price regardless of what team they play for. Doku looked amazing so could be a good option. 

Brazilians are always a huge risk. More flop than explode. We were just lucky Pato and Kaka worked out, even if Pato ended up having issues). 


I still think Belotti could be good for us. And I do still like Berardi. 

Berna is a weird one. some times I watch him and think he's got the talent to be able to become a great player. but then the next game he looks to be a less skinny Samu.

I have similar thoughts. I can't work out of it's just the system or depth at Juve but he has struggled most times. Is he this decades  Alessio Cerci ? 
Other times he does have a bit of skill and flair that makes you think he could be a good player.
(07-13-2021, 12:17 AM)ac.michael Wrote: Did I mention which half of the team? Icon_lol2  
What if I was referring to the half of the team that includes Tatarusano, runic castillejo hauge and kalulu? 

In all seriousness, the question which sparked my response was whether we'd give up Tomori + Tonali to have had the funds for Chiesa and I absolutely 1000% would and I'd even add on top of them two. 

Chiesa didn't just show this quality in this one tournament, he has always had it & he had a big stage to shine & he certainly did. He was menacing every single time he touched the ball & I think people forget how he plays against Milan every time too totally out classing us. He plays for a team that I bitterly dislike but the reality is he is (in my opinion) top 3 attacking talents in the world under 25.

Anyhow, no use to go too far with this conversation but it was rather a point of discussion following this Euro relevant to transfer market and what we missed. On we go now let's find our own version of Chiesa now  Okmilan

Give up Tomori and Tonali for Chiesa and by Jan we will be fighting against relegation with Krunic and Kalulu as the centre midfield pairing.  Icon_lol2

By the way I remember 10 May 2021, Milan beat Juventus 3-0. Tomori score a goal and was one of the best player on the field. Chiesa was one of the worst player on the field, out-classing us? Chiesa can't even get past Tomori.  Icon_lol2
Chiesa is not a regret for me. Fixing RW is a must and a smart management won't need to spend 60 million for it. teams like Atalanta and Dortmund paid less than what we paid for Samu to get their CAM/wingers.