(11-08-2021, 02:53 PM)Demonbanana Wrote: Anyone notice we seem really shit at scouting African players?
Who was the last good player we signed from Africa? Why can't we get good talent from there ?
I'm still reserving judgement on Bennacer at present.
Obvious answer is Kevin-Prince Boetang, but been born and raised in Europe doesn't really cover what I am asking.
Kessie 1 good season and now sucks and 99% gone.
Why do we keep getting Ballo-Toure, Mesbah, Taiwo, Constant, Adiyah, Muntari and Traroe like signings?
Where are our Drogba, Adebayor Koulibaly and Yaya like players?
I hope Bennacer breaks that streak along with Traroe (youth team).
I think for what we paid Bennacer he was a great purchase all day. Ballo Toure was garbage from first time I saw him play I wrote him off, and I haven't been wrong about him yet. Kessie is a good player but his head is elsewhere $$$$
11-08-2021, 07:08 PM
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2021, 07:09 PM by Codazzi.)
Idk how but we must get rid of Conti and and Castillejo if possible Florenzi and Messias this winter. Paying millions for no understandable reason
And we need not to bring-in more "depth". If we can't find money for proper reinforcements, than, ffs, just leave this team as it is now...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(11-08-2021, 09:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: And we need not to bring-in more "depth". If we can't find money for proper reinforcements, than, ffs, just leave this team as it is now...
I disagree, I think we need depth. but proper depth. none of this loaning garbage like Florenzi.
We are at 2nd in Serie A thank to such depth.
And despite agreeing that Florenzi is a bad player at both RW and RB, Kalulu is somehow "protected", not being rushed and expected to much, while learned some valueable (bad) experience watching the loanee playing.
(11-09-2021, 02:20 AM)Aficio Wrote: We are at 2nd in Serie A thank to such depth.
And despite agreeing that Florenzi is a bad player at both RW and RB, Kalulu is somehow "protected", not being rushed and expected to much, while learned some valueable (bad) experience watching the loanee playing.
I sued Florenzi as the example but I would add Messias to the same boat. As much as I think he could have done well for us, he clearly had physical issues so why waste our time.
Pellegri too.
We could very much do with some decent depth for RW, CAM, and ST. a backup RB isn't needed because I think Kalulu is more than capable. In fact he's more capable than Toure
(11-09-2021, 04:13 AM)porcho Wrote: I sued Florenzi as the example but I would add Messias to the same boat. As much as I think he could have done well for us, he clearly had physical issues so why waste our time.
Pellegri too.
We could very much do with some decent depth for RW, CAM, and ST. a backup RB isn't needed because I think Kalulu is more than capable. In fact he's more capable than Toure
The half-full glass: we should be happy to have Kalulu. Who knows the boy can play that good at RB, CB, and LB. Last season he was only capable at CB and didn't enjoy the Olympics.
I don't think we should do much in the winter, but for the summer, we really need proper RW, CAM, and ST like you've said. Money and popularity at that time will not be a problem if we continue the current form.
(11-09-2021, 05:35 AM)Aficio Wrote: The half-full glass: we should be happy to have Kalulu. Who knows the boy can play that good at RB, CB, and LB. Last season he was only capable at CB and didn't enjoy the Olympics.
I don't think we should do much in the winter, but for the summer, we really need proper RW, CAM, and ST like you've said. Money and popularity at that time will not be a problem if we continue the current form.
On the contrary, I really think we should. We led the serie A standings for months in the first half of last season before injuries exposed our lack of depth. The management thought we could get away with stopgaps like Mandzukic and Meite but Tomori was our only good winter signing. We never really looked like a scudetto contender after losing the derby in February and despite strong final month we only secured our UCL qualification in the last game of the season.
Bennacer and Kessie will leave for Africa Cup of Nations in January, the latter might not even return. Zlatan and Giroud might be enough when they're fit but that's a big if. Speaking of fitness, the less we talked about Messias, Florenzi and Pellegrini the better. We already have too many crooked so called depth players. So I think if we are serious about winning the scudetto, we should go big for the one glaring weakness of our team: the right wing.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(11-09-2021, 01:24 AM)porcho Wrote: I disagree, I think we need depth. but proper depth. none of this loaning garbage like Florenzi.
Well, yes, I was talking about those, that's why I put quote marks on depth. Like that dude from Torino last season and such "reinforcements"
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
(11-09-2021, 12:39 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Well, yes, I was talking about those, that's why I put quote marks on depth. Like that dude from Torino last season and such "reinforcements" 
Lol the legend that was Meite. A Torino reserve who was going to propel Milan to the title.
A summer of Messias, Florenzi, Pellegri & Bakayoko.
Shudder to to think who will be the new Meite this January
|