Summer Mercato 2022
As Ibra will join Raiola's company, I wonder which is his first task: his or Romag's contract extension? Big Grin
Tomori, Kalulu, Botman (assuming it's imminent), and even Kjaer will all be ahead of Romagnoli. So, is he really going to stay and be 5th choice? Better yet, are we really going to pay 2.8M net to a 5th choice CB?
Taking an interested snippet out of here...

SportBl: Kalulu unbeatable. The future super star that not many know about.

"...82% of challenges won, second in the top 5 leagues only to John Stones with 83% surpassing even the likes of Van Dijk"

Makes sense. I can't even recall many occasions where Kalulu gets beat, literally almost never.

Mike Maignan tops the league for clean sheets. I was doubtful of him, but boy I was wrong.

All in all though, Botman will be competing with Tomori if anything. Not to say Tomori is inferior, he's an excellent defender, but man the way Kalulu is going he's going to be the best in the world if not one of the best. Let's face it, our defence was amazing Tomori-Kjaer but its been statistically even better since Kalulu stepped up in CB. He is an absolute monster. He's like a perfect mix of Koulibaly and Cafu.
The even crazier part is, he's out playing our CB's and to be completely honest when he's been slotted at RB I think he does a better job than Calabria - thing is he's too valuable at CB especially with Kjaer injured to have him at RB when Calabria does do the job well anyhow.

Elliott or new owners, we will be a force next season no matter what. This team is built solid.
Kalulu I think will end up being the starting RB when Botman comes in. Not because Tomori-Botman is a better partnership, but because Theo-Tomori-Botman-Kalulu is a better back line than Theo-Tomori-Botman/Kalulu-Calabria.
I just hope that it doesn't take slmething drastic for Pioli to actually go for this. I'm still pissed on how he insisted on playing Romagnoli even after it was clear Kalulu is the better player. Kalulu would come in, perform better, but as soon as Romagnoli was available again, Kalulu went back on the bench.
(05-03-2022, 03:31 AM)nefremo Wrote: Kalulu I think will end up being the starting RB when Botman comes in. Not because Tomori-Botman is a better partnership, but because Theo-Tomori-Botman-Kalulu is a better back line than Theo-Tomori-Botman/Kalulu-Calabria.
I just hope that it doesn't take slmething drastic for Pioli to actually go for this. I'm still pissed on how he insisted on playing Romagnoli even after it was clear Kalulu is the better player. Kalulu would come in, perform better, but as soon as Romagnoli was available again, Kalulu went back on the bench.

I wonder if some of this is to keep Roma feeling wanted given the contract thing is still up in the air. 
IF we get 300m I'd be inclined to send Roma packing and get Botman.
IF we do not, then I'd consider keeping Roma over getting Botman as long as we then spend the money elsewhere ST/RW.
(05-03-2022, 03:31 AM)nefremo Wrote: Kalulu I think will end up being the starting RB when Botman comes in. Not because Tomori-Botman is a better partnership, but because Theo-Tomori-Botman-Kalulu is a better back line than Theo-Tomori-Botman/Kalulu-Calabria.

I agree, but im not convinced this is the best solution. If you look at the team now, there is less distances because we can press really high because of the speed of Kalulu and Tomori. They can recover almost anything. With Botman, we will be forced to be a little deeper because of Botmans lack of speed. Yes we will be more reliable on crosses because of his monster size, but the whole team structure will change, and i dont know if thats the right solution. 

If Romagnoli stays i really cant see anything positive to splash 33 mill euros after Botman. We will then have Kalulu- Tomori as the first choice pairing, Kjær and Roma will fight for the sub role, and Gabbia will be fifth choice. I think this is enough. 

Use these 33 mill euros ++ to get Bernardo Silva!
(05-03-2022, 07:34 AM)Bennacer Wrote: I agree, but im not convinced this is the best solution. If you look at the team now, there is less distances because we can press really high because of the speed of Kalulu and Tomori. They can recover almost anything. With Botman, we will be forced to be a little deeper because of Botmans lack of speed. Yes we will be more reliable on crosses because of his monster size, but the whole team structure will change, and i dont know if thats the right solution. 

If Romagnoli stays i really cant see anything positive to splash 33 mill euros after Botman. We will then have Kalulu- Tomori as the first choice pairing, Kjær and Roma will fight for the sub role, and Gabbia will be fifth choice. I think this is enough. 

Use these 33 mill euros ++ to get Bernardo Silva!

Easiest solution, bring everyone in, let them duel it out to see who the best pairing is at CB. No reason to pigeon hole anyone right now, let them performances do the talking. CB is the one area where I want a LOT of depth. You most certainly wouldn't want to get caught with your pants down there.
Agreement reached for Renato Sanchez for 20m
(05-03-2022, 10:16 AM)Artan Wrote: Agreement reached for Renato Sanchez for 20m

IF true. that's cheap
A little of record, but for those of you who feels that a new era is getting started with this Milan, take look at that video and you will get goosebumps. The music, the moments. Everything gives me a feeling that i support the perfect team with maybe the best history in football.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMUaOXAl7Ms