Summer Mercato 2022
Why can't we try for Di Maria? He would come free, and I don't think he's going to ask for a huge salary. Technical, experienced. Can play RW or in a hole behind the ST. A lot of pluses.

He seems to be heading to Juventus.
I also like Di Maria.

It seems Maldini does not want to enter a bidding war, while Juve have contacted him long ago.

The same with Kaio Jorge.
But the question is Dybala or DicMaria
Di Maria is past it.

1 goal in 6 months, doesn’t start for PSG anymore and turns 35 next season. Plus huge salary.
I also prefer someone younger! And a 7m salary is huge!
All these free agents are going to command hefty salaries. Di Maria is apparently negotiating 7m a year with Juve, Dybala's reported deal with Inter a couple of weeks ago was 6m plus bonuses.
An interesting little note.

Milos Kerkez requested to leave Milan because he thought he was ready to be in the senior squad. Maldini told him he wasn't ready but Kerkez got sold to AZ Alkmaar.
Milos Kerkez went on to play 0 minutes.

The lesson ? Trust Maldini!
Forget Dybala and Di Maria. Not worth it. Good players. But one is a primadona and the other is hunting for his last big contract so that he can chill and retire early.
(05-18-2022, 01:29 AM)nefremo Wrote: Forget Dybala and Di Maria. Not worth it. Good players. But one is a primadona and the other is hunting for his last big contract so that he can chill and retire early.

Yea I won't really care if we don't sign either one of them. I think our team is too good for Dybala tbh. He was a good player but was he ever really that good? He hasn't lived up to his full expectations that's for certain. Right now our young players are flourishing and we should get more players who are hungry and on the rise.
(05-18-2022, 02:07 AM)ACMmike Wrote: Yea I won't really care if we don't sign either one of them. I think our team is too good for Dybala tbh. He was a good player but was he ever really that good? He hasn't lived up to his full expectations that's for certain. Right now our young players are flourishing and we should get more players who are hungry and on the rise.


I agree with the bold part! Okmilan 

For Di Maria, he still provides help when the team need him the most (lastest example: Copa final), and his position is what we need improvement. So I prefer him to Dybala, but I don't really care either.