Summer Mercato 2022
I wouldn't renew Romagnoli. Not to do with salary or what not (even though his prior contract basically robbed us when you compare it with his performances)....but mostly because he simply does NOT fit our playing style. The difference in play once Kalulu and Tomori stepped in has been huge. That's because they are both so quick and explosive. It allows the entire team to pay so much further forward. Long balls are no issue as these guys recover everything so well. They are also able to play 15m+ away from a covering defender because they are so good 1v1.
Romagnoli is none of these things. He offers none of them. He is a good defender in a low block....but he can NOT play in a high defensive line. He is TERRIBLE in 1v1. So what does all this mean? We would have to completely change the way we play when Romagnoli steps on the field. If we can't get Botman, ok. But I'm sure there are other profiles with similar characteristics that will not force the team to change the entire way of play when they are on the field.

The Kjaer question will come up I'm sure. But Kjaer proved that he can use his positioning and play reading ability to make up for lack of speed. Romagnoli has not done this. He came to us years ago as the defender he is now. I feel like he has not improved at all. It's not fair to judge a player based on market interest.....but it shouldn't go unnoticed that with his deal expiring in just a couple weeks....no big club has made attempts to sign him. It shows where his level is when only Lazio is the club seriously in negotiations with him.
(06-09-2022, 07:47 PM)nefremo Wrote: I wouldn't renew Romagnoli. Not to do with salary or what not (even though his prior contract basically robbed us when you compare it with his performances)....but mostly because he simply does NOT fit our playing style. The difference in play once Kalulu and Tomori stepped in has been huge. That's because they are both so quick and explosive. It allows the entire team to pay so much further forward. Long balls are no issue as these guys recover everything so well. They are also able to play 15m+ away from a covering defender because they are so good 1v1.
Romagnoli is none of these things. He offers none of them. He is a good defender in a low block....but he can NOT play in a high defensive line. He is TERRIBLE in 1v1. So what does all this mean? We would have to completely change the way we play when Romagnoli steps on the field. If we can't get Botman, ok. But I'm sure there are other profiles with similar characteristics that will not force the team to change the entire way of play when they are on the field.

The Kjaer question will come up I'm sure. But Kjaer proved that he can use his positioning and play reading ability to make up for lack of speed. Romagnoli has not done this. He came to us years ago as the defender he is now. I feel like he has not improved at all. It's not fair to judge a player based on market interest.....but it shouldn't go unnoticed that with his deal expiring in just a couple weeks....no big club has made attempts to sign him. It shows where his level is when only Lazio is the club seriously in negotiations with him.

Totally agree. It's not that I have a serious problem with Romagnoli, after all he's the guy who lifted the trophy for us after all these years, I respect that, but the fact that no teams want to sign him certainly says something. Even Lazio have doubts. Also, Romagnoli with Theo on the left going up and down, well, he is not cut for that shit right now. I'm cool with Kjaer though
Lang has an Inter Milan face.

Not sure how to rate a guy that went from one farmer league to another and supposedly we'd give him 3.5M.


Also pleased to read we're not interested in Zaniolo.

I do note we don't have any real links to any ACTUAL RW. Not that I am concerned about media report's per-se.
But I do hope we get an ACTUAL RW and not a LW or CAM or orange peeler to then be asked to play RW.
It looks like Florenzi will be brought for 2.5M

I know I am not the only one but I am SICK of reading about Botman and Renato. Either get them here or piss off. 6 month's of these guy's coming or not coming to Milan.
(06-10-2022, 02:25 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: I know I am not the only one but I am SICK of reading about Botman and Renato. Either get them here or piss off. 6 month's of these guy's coming or not coming to Milan.

Yep. The news or rumours cycle is way overdone.
(06-10-2022, 02:25 AM)Demonbanana Wrote: It looks like Florenzi will be brought for 2.5M

I know I am not the only one but I am SICK of reading about Botman and Renato. Either get them here or piss off. 6 month's of these guy's coming or not coming to Milan.

I am tired of hearing those too. One day it is we have deal with the players but not the club; then the next day we have the agreement with the club but not with the players. Those journalists have no shame making up crap out of their arse.

I just stay away from those rumors and re-watch the games/highlights from the last season.  Sagrin
Or follow Monza and their transfer dealings...
According to reports in Turkey Trabzonspor are "very close" to signing Fode Ballo-Toure for €3-3.5m.
(06-10-2022, 11:41 AM)Arildonardo Wrote: According to reports in Turkey Trabzonspor are "very close" to signing Fode Ballo-Toure for €3-3.5m.

That would be another poor sale. Bought him for €5.5m and taking a loss.

Really need to start selling better.
Seems like they heard you. Big Grin

New rumor is Massara doesn't want to sell FBT. At least not for that amount I guess.

FBT did not perform this year, but may be worth giving him 1 more season. I don't know. But for sure I wouldn't sell anyone before having a replacement lined up tbh. The grass isn't always greener on the other side also. Notnrrally sure there are available LBs out there for that price that are better than FBT.