08-15-2022, 05:03 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2022, 05:06 PM by nefremo.)
So potential departures:
Lazetič (loan - Empoli/Torino/Spezia)
Bakayoko (terminate loan - Nottingham Forest)
Gabbia (loan to Sampdoria IF we sign a CB)
This opens up a potential CB and CM signings. Rumors of a RW have totally died in recent days - however, there is something out there about Ziyech again today. We'll see. He isn't my top choice by any means, but he's surely better than Jr/Saele. Only concern is work rate. Our pressing style can't have any passangers. In terms of execution and overall ability though, there is not question Ziyech is on another level.
I'd like to also say that I don't wanna give up on Salad and jist get rid of him. He DOES have talent and works his socks off for the team; however, his seems to be a decision making issue. Something you'd hope will improve with time.
(08-15-2022, 05:03 PM)nefremo Wrote: So potential departures:
Lazetič (loan - Empoli/Torino/Spezia)
Bakayoko (terminate loan - Nottingham Forest)
Gabbia (loan to Sampdoria IF we sign a CB)
This opens up a potential CB and CM signings. Rumors of a RW have totally died in recent days - however, there is something out there about Ziyech again today. We'll see. He isn't my top choice by any means, but he's surely better than Jr/Saele. Only concern is work rate. Our pressing style can't have any passangers. In terms of execution and overall ability though, there is not question Ziyech is on another level.
I'd like to also say that I don't wanna give up on Salad and jist get rid of him. He DOES have talent and works his socks off for the team; however, his seems to be a decision making issue. Something you'd hope will improve with time.
Ziyech is supposed to be a pressing monster isn't it? He does fit our style of play. We should loan Salad out if we can get Ziyech. Messias is sufficient as the backup.
Is he? You may be right. I don't know. He's never given me that impression when i've seen him play (can't say it's been a ton of times though). But I'm glad to be wrong. That makes it no question marks from me, so yea, i'd be all in if we could land him.
(08-15-2022, 06:09 PM)nefremo Wrote: Is he? You may be right. I don't know. He's never given me that impression when i've seen him play (can't say it's been a ton of times though). But I'm glad to be wrong. That makes it no question marks from me, so yea, i'd be all in if we could land him.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/sempremilan...sensio/amp
This article mentioned it, that is how he used to play at Ajax. Chelsea didn't use him in the same way but he still have high work rate, a more productive version of Salad.
Yes he was called "A pressing monster" in is time in Ajax.
Juventus set to beat Milan, Dortmund and Roma to Vicenza's 18-year-old striker Tommaso Mancini.
Losing Botman is not a big problem for this season but not really good in long term.
Tomori is a very good CB, but he has shown recently that he is not 100% reliable, while Kalulu has proved that he can be world-class.
I love Tom, but we should aim for the best, I think our scouts already have some names.
08-16-2022, 01:48 AM
(This post was last modified: 08-16-2022, 01:52 AM by nefremo.)
(08-16-2022, 01:30 AM)Aficio Wrote: Losing Botman is not a big problem for this season but not really good in long term.
Tomori is a very good CB, but he has shown recently that he is not 100% reliable, while Kalulu has proved that he can be world-class.
I love Tom, but we should aim for the best, I think our scouts already have some names.
Not sure about this. There's been some errors, but the good comes with the bad. Let's also keep in mind we've played 1 official game so far. Not gonna count the friendlies. If we want our CBs to press in the opponent's half and be aggressive with it, they will make some mistakes here and there. Be late in the tackle on occasion, etc. This happened against Udinese, although we weren't directly punished for it. Tomori "overplaying" the marking is a result of our own tactics. I don't think there is a single CB out there that can do what Tomori does with no errors.
I do agree that Kalulu has world class written all over him. What a brilliant player. I think with another year or two of experience, he will become the leader in the backline. The director. The general. He seems to take a back seat to Tomori currently (understandable). But that will change. This leadership (he is the captain of France's U21 as well) with his natural athletic ability, calmness on the ball, reading of the game.....dear lord. It's scary how good he can become.
(08-15-2022, 05:03 PM)nefremo Wrote: So potential departures:
Lazetič (loan - Empoli/Torino/Spezia)
Bakayoko (terminate loan - Nottingham Forest)
Gabbia (loan to Sampdoria IF we sign a CB)
This opens up a potential CB and CM signings. Rumors of a RW have totally died in recent days - however, there is something out there about Ziyech again today. We'll see. He isn't my top choice by any means, but he's surely better than Jr/Saele. Only concern is work rate. Our pressing style can't have any passangers. In terms of execution and overall ability though, there is not question Ziyech is on another level.
I'd like to also say that I don't wanna give up on Salad and jist get rid of him. He DOES have talent and works his socks off for the team; however, his seems to be a decision making issue. Something you'd hope will improve with time.
Others have already answered the Ziyech bit so will leave that but not sure about Salad. While I do agree it's a decision making issue, we've seen no improvement so far. Maybe a loan to a Monza for example, may do him the world of good. Just hope we do get Ziyech.
(08-16-2022, 01:48 AM)nefremo Wrote: Not sure about this. There's been some errors, but the good comes with the bad. Let's also keep in mind we've played 1 official game so far. Not gonna count the friendlies. If we want our CBs to press in the opponent's half and be aggressive with it, they will make some mistakes here and there. Be late in the tackle on occasion, etc. This happened against Udinese, although we weren't directly punished for it. Tomori "overplaying" the marking is a result of our own tactics. I don't think there is a single CB out there that can do what Tomori does with no errors.
I do agree that Kalulu has world class written all over him. What a brilliant player. I think with another year or two of experience, he will become the leader in the backline. The director. The general. He seems to take a back seat to Tomori currently (understandable). But that will change. This leadership (he is the captain of France's U21 as well) with his natural athletic ability, calmness on the ball, reading of the game.....dear lord. It's scary how good he can become.
+1
I mean even Maldini and Nesta made errors(not that I'm saying Tomori was to that level). I've definitely not seen enough of those to be worried too much. and definitely makes much less errors than "Better" Serie A defenders. I saw "better" because that is what others, and media, have said but I personally think Tomori is the best in the league. The only better defender left to play for Chelsea.
Kalulu is a machine! as long as they both keep their feet on the ground, we'll have 2 of the best CB's playing for us for a long time.
also... surely it's about time Kalulu started to get some France games. I don't really rate their other options. I definitely think he;'s more than good enough to at least sit on the bench for France
An unimportant question: Is Jungdal staying?
|