(08-17-2022, 12:00 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Im a little angry that we didnt go for Di Maria as a simple and cheap solution on the right wing. Look at his debut for Juve. He was stunning, and he is that kind of player you know will succeed. He earns 6 mill for a year loan at the first place. A fit Di Maria is world class despite his age. He is also a work horse, so he would fit Piolis demands.
But to late now.
no way he is coming to milan with this much salary, have you seen our highest wage?
(08-16-2022, 02:44 PM)Gregorio Wrote: Don't compare it that way...compare it in this way: I didn't say they would have started over our starters now, but they are starting somewhere else at the moment, which is a fact:
Donnarumma - PSG starting goalkeeper
Calhanoglu - Inter starting trequartista
Kessie - Barcelona sub, but could start in any good but not great team
Romagnoli - Lazio starting cb
So if I see this, the values are there, so we should have received minimum 100-120 million euros from their sale!
And yes, they waited to be free agents and get more salaries...ok, but Lukaku, Hakimi or De Ligt why they were not waiting??? Of course their contracts were not running down, but I would say, if you can't resign the players before their contracts are running down, then must sell them to get some money because in the long run it will hurt a lot, because you lose players but have to spend big money to replace them! And that's one of the reason we don't have enough money to spend this Summer!
Well, is starting for Milan less meaningful than other clubs
Players leaving for free here and there, regardless of Real Madrid or some clubs in China.
We got players for free (Origi) or for peanuts (Kalulu) or for a stealing price (Maignan, Theo, Tomori, Tonali, Bennacer...) so we still got benefits.
What important is the policy, the strategy for development like nefremo and other posters said.
Please don't follow perfectionism, mate
(08-17-2022, 12:00 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Im a little angry that we didnt go for Di Maria as a simple and cheap solution on the right wing. Look at his debut for Juve. He was stunning, and he is that kind of player you know will succeed. He earns 6 mill for a year loan at the first place. A fit Di Maria is world class despite his age. He is also a work horse, so he would fit Piolis demands.
But to late now.
Rumour was we did contact him first and offered him a two year deal. Di Maria chose Juve because they offered him 1 year. It's thought he only wants 1 year because this will be his last in Europe then go back to Argentina.
I'm not sure why we didn't just offer him one year IF that is truthful rumours.
True. 6 mill loan for a class player like Di Maria is a bargain. Why dont offer him one year?, he is versatile have tons of experience and x factor. To bad, but we move on
The issue is the wage structure that we have in place. I think Ibra was the only player we have ever exceeded 4M a year for when it comes to wages and that was a rare exception. Keeping wage bill low is one of the pillars of this management and I don't think they view Di Maria as enough of a difference maker to break it.
Financial security, lower wage bill, are all good and everything, *as long as expectations are in line with it*. I am happy to win Scudetto after Scudetto instead of CL, but how many, including in management, agree with me? You can't make business decisions and wishes based on "we repeat what Villarreal did (CL semi final on a relatively low budget)"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIw6pDOtoLs
Onyedika doesn't look that bad tbh but obv much lower league. I'd still be excited to see him in our shirt although maybe not expected to have a starting role immediately.
(08-17-2022, 06:09 AM)hwmook Wrote: Just look at Juve and Rabiot situation. Juve wanted to get rid of him but he refuse to leave because he didn't get paid enough. Players are not commodities that you can trade freely like some of you guys think. If its so easy then we would have sold Castellijo long ago.
This! this isn't FIFA or PES.
I said it earlier, players and their agents have all the power. we will see more of this stuff occurring.
(08-17-2022, 12:34 PM)Gregorio Wrote: Don’t forget, Hauge was sold to Milan 2 years ago…wait what will happen to Casadei two years later, he can be a big hit or he can either join Hauge in AA Gent…
Remember Pellegri, he was hyped as much as Casadei that time, where is he playing now? Torino…
For sure. I'm already predicting Casadei gets 0 game time. sits there on the side lines for a season or two and ends up getting loaned with a cheap option to buy.
Chelsea just like stockpiling talent. IF one of them pays off then they're laughing but the majority are never truly given the chance.
(08-17-2022, 09:50 PM)WCmilan Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIw6pDOtoLs
Onyedika doesn't look that bad tbh but obv much lower league. I'd still be excited to see him in our shirt although maybe not expected to have a starting role immediately.
I'm hearing it's a done deal as long as we can get rid of Bakayoko....
What favors do we need to ask for to get someone to take him.
(08-17-2022, 11:22 PM)porcho Wrote: This! this isn't FIFA or PES.
I said it earlier, players and their agents have all the power. we will see more of this stuff occurring.
For sure. I'm already predicting Casadei gets 0 game time. sits there on the side lines for a season or two and ends up getting loaned with a cheap option to buy.
Chelsea just like stockpiling talent. IF one of them pays off then they're laughing but the majority are never truly given the chance.
I'm hearing it's a done deal as long as we can get rid of Bakayoko....
What favors do we need to ask for to get someone to take him.
Speed dial Rino !
I actually thought Gattuso was supposed to be interested. Who knows.
Daily Mail: ACMilan among teams interested in Pulisic are Chelsea are open to loan.
Up against Atletico, Juve, Newcastle. If this is why we dropped Ziyech then I am happy with Pulisic over Ziyech.
|