08-07-2024, 07:30 PM
|
Summer mercato 2024
|
|
08-07-2024, 08:01 PM
(08-07-2024, 01:23 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I don't think it's controversial. There's no doubt about Chiesa's talent and abilities when fit, but he's injury prone and that's the thing that makes me doubt him and probably why he hasn't found a new club yet. When fit I would also definitely take him before Chukwueze. Let's see what happens towards the end of the window when he still hasn't signed for anyone, maybe a last minute surprise if Saelemaekers and others are sold? I saw the old Saelemaekers yesterday again. It reminded me how frustrating he was for us. I know he apparently had a good season at Bologna (I can't say I saw a lof other their games), but I didn't see a much different player yesterday compared to when he was with us. I could be wrong, of course. Anyway, it made me think, if it all a possibility at the end of the market window, I would totally explore a Saele/Chiesa swap. Although that reported 6m net salary is probably a big no for our management. (08-07-2024, 07:30 PM)Inas Wrote: I hope this is true and it goes through. Not necessarily at the amount quoted. Hopefully they pay more. For his sake and Milan's sake, I hope he gets sold. I think it's now more clear than ever before....Adli has no future at this club. He is not a bad player and I think he can be useful. But I really struggle to see the potential starter in him. I see nothing more than a backup player. Which is fine. But if we can take in 12m for a backup and bring in someone else that can maybe be more than that (like Fofana) and fits the tactics...then it's a no brainer.
08-07-2024, 09:01 PM
Marco Pellegrino is still here?
08-07-2024, 09:13 PM
(08-07-2024, 07:14 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Sky: Brentford offer €12m for Adli. He'll refuse as got zero ambition, loves being a mascot more than a player. Gazzetta dello Sport published a report yesterday which spoke about how much Adli is loved in the dressing room. They also revealed that he woke up at 5am on his day off during Milan’s tour in the United States, travelled to New York – an hour away from the hotel in New Jersey – and came back with an NBA shirt for every team-mate.
08-07-2024, 09:46 PM
Adli needs to think beyond "love" for hte club. If Fonseca is not rating him like Pioli, he needs a new club for his own development. Hopefully, he'll understand that.
I'm worried about Chuck. He remains too unidimensional. Chiesa links are interesting, but unlikely with that salary demand. I hope we figure out the RW as I'm ok either Saele/Chuck as a backup, but not starter. The market is coming to an end and still no defensive oriented midfield coming in which Fonseca clearly needs. I hate how we leave incoming transfers late, but how come we are having so much trouble selling? We have plenty of decent midtier players that should have value (Adli, Okafor, Bennacer, Chuck, Saele, Kalulu, RLC, Pobega). We need to take that next step but we seemingly can't sell players. What's that about?
08-07-2024, 10:44 PM
Scamacca got injured 3 or 4 days ago, and Atalanta had already signed a replacement, Retegui, today from Genoa for €22m plus €3m add-ons. Just 3 days. No drama, no noise. Straight up business.
They had also signed Marc Pubill for €20m from Almeria. We struggle to sign players we been onto and negotiating for months, imagine us trying to sign a replacement for a key player that was not planned or budgeted for ?.
08-07-2024, 11:24 PM
(08-07-2024, 10:44 PM)Inas Wrote: Scamacca got injured 3 or 4 days ago, and Atalanta had already signed a replacement, Retegui, today from Genoa for €22m plus €3m add-ons. Just 3 days. No drama, no noise. Straight up business. This has been a Milan trademark for ages, I see some on twitter for example blaming current management and I feel that's just bias because of names like Maldini. I don't really understand the purpose of negotiations the way Milan is doing, it is way beyond media rumours. Frustrating and just sad because the Milan name is clearly very big amongst players. If you call a player and he happily accepts, try for a week with his team and then walk away. I don't see much of a problem if Milan management comes and says okay we tried with Fofana but he is expensive and we said goodbye but ala CDK and many others he is still on the list until late August or something. In any case, if in an alternate reality I was a team owner (very improbable alternate reality ) I would wrap my market one week before season starts, deadline day is just a UEFA fantasy, the real thing is the season opener. Not happening with our team...
08-07-2024, 11:36 PM
(08-07-2024, 09:46 PM)honsano Wrote: I'm worried about Chuck. He remains too unidimensional. Chiesa links are interesting, but unlikely with that salary demand. I hope we figure out the RW as I'm ok either Saele/Chuck as a backup, but not starter. Agre on the 1st paragraph about Chuk/Saele. But we really haven't been linked to any RWs unfortunately. Maybe because of Pulisic and how well he did there last season. If we really are thinking of moving Pulisic to a more central position, then another RW is a must imo. If not, then we're likely ok. But here's is the trouble with this. Even if we move Pulisic central, it won't take long for Chuk/Saele to underperform and then we'll move Pulisic back out wide.....which means that now we'll lack a quality ACM. Damned if you do and damned if you don't i guess. On inability to sell....it's just so wild man. Even Saele. Praised for his showing at Bologna. Didn't even have a high buyout clause, yet, neither Motta nor Bologna want him.
08-08-2024, 03:09 AM
Brothers this is going to be a tough few weeks before end of market.
Also, what the hell with Maignan and Theo renewals. Shouldn’t we be selling or renewing by now? |
|
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »
|




) I would wrap my market one week before season starts, deadline day is just a UEFA fantasy, the real thing is the season opener. Not happening with our team...
