Real Madrid- Milan
#41
(11-05-2024, 11:04 PM)Bennacer Wrote: This is just insane! What the actually fuck happened! ? Big Grin

Fonseca ball?
Reply
#42
(11-05-2024, 11:05 PM)ACM2023 Wrote: no, it is for Milan. Big Grin


Maignan two awful mistakes in just a few minutes almost cost us the game, thankfully, we dodged both bullets. 

I don't think we ever beat Real Madrid away in the entire history of EC/UCL (of course I could be wrong), so I definitely didn't expect this to happen now.

Because we have rarely met them in pre banter era. 2009, 02 and then straight up '89
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
Reply
#43
Greatest CL night in ages!!!!
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
Reply
#44
(11-05-2024, 11:09 PM)Bennacer Wrote: This could be massive for this team. This shows what the team is capable of when together. Just Wow!

Maignan was just... Monster! Holy fuck! Musah was totally immense. Im so impressed by him. He was everywhere. No one played bad but these two where tremendous.

My rating:

- Maignan: 8,5.
- Royal: 7.
- Thiaw: 8.
- Tomori: 7,5.
- Theo_ 7,5.
- Fofana- 7,5.
- Reijnders: 8.
- Musah: 8,5.
- Pulisic: 7.
- Leao: 7.
- Morata 7.

Fonseca is in peace for a while Tongue.

10 for all Tongue
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
Reply
#45
I don't understand why Theo gave the captain armband to Calabria when he came on. That's not Milan tradition (the captain on pitch should keep it on), but of course it is also not Milan tradition to have five captains.

Maybe I am reading too much into it, but I think that's a sign of (over-)confidence that we were going to win and it is Theo's nice gesture to want Calabria to be part of this experience as the captain. However, Calabria was so extremely poor in the few minutes he was on. I hope that it is only the result of him just getting back to action, but that was so concerning.

I also don't like what I saw from Tammy. Maybe I am bit too harsh.

Anyway, a huge night. Hopefully this will turn our season around for the better.
Reply
#46
(11-05-2024, 11:10 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: Because we have rarely met them in pre banter era. 2009, 02 and then straight up '89

I remember we met in 58 (final), 89, 90. In both seasons, we won at home but lost/drew away. 

I am going to search that H2H now. 

Off topic: Against Bayern Munich, we have ALWAYS come on top.  Icon_lol2 (and, no, it is some funny crap like China NT has never lost to Italy or Germany in WC history--because we never got to play them. Big Grin)


EDIT: 

1955/56
EC SF
Real Madrid 4:2 Milan
Milan 2:1 Real Madrid

1957/58
EC Final
Real Madrid 3:2 Milan (after ET)

1963/64
EC QF
Real Madrid 4:1 Milan
Milan 2:0 Real Madrid

1988/89
EC SF
Real Madrid 1:1 Milan
Milan 5:0 Real Madrid
(This was the first time we beat them and advanced.)

1989/90
EC Round2
Milan 2:0 Real Madrid
Real 1:0 Milan

2002/03
UCL Group
Milan 1:0 Real Madrid
Real Madrid 3:1 Milan

2009/10
UCL Group
Real Madrid 2:3 Milan
[I was wrong. We did it before. We beat Real Madrid away 2:3 with two goals by Pato and one super strike from Pirlo. Dida had a big blunder. Big Grin]
Milan 1:1 Real Madrid

2010/11
Real Madrid 2:0 Milan
Milan 2:2 Real Madrid
Reply
#47
(11-05-2024, 11:17 PM)ACM2023 Wrote: I remember we met in 58 (final)

That makes you, like 80?

Man it's amazing what an additional midfielder will do for our play. Using players (RLC/Musah) in their right spots rather than forcing players into unnatural positions or odd formations.

Great win. Can't take anything away from teh guys because we played pretty disciplined today. We had better chances then them and the result was deserved. Few things I noticed.

-I think this is peak Leao and for me it is not enough. Too often he took his guy on and nothing. You can't win every battle, but to be considered a "great" player, you have to win your 1v1 duels. He did not win enough to terrorize them. He is a good player, no doubt, but he will never be great. We are Milan, we deserve a great LW. 

-In general, I think Royal is a pretty awful player. Then Calabria came in and I realize Royal isn't so bad.

-There really is a player there in Musah. He has to improve his decision making and quit playing around with the ball. Otherwise, he offers great dynamism in a midfield 3. 

-Reijnders, Pulisic, Theo and Fofana are legit.

-Thiaws passing ability is VERY useful for buildup.

-I think there will be shuffling this summer. For me, despite his early mistake, Theo is golden. Mike and Leao can be sold. However, Theo brings something to this game for 90 minutes. That cross to RLC was just beautiful. Should have scored. 

After that Liverpool debacle, this was a very enjoyable game for the neutral fan. I'm glad there were a lot of people watching this to show Milan is making progress.
Reply
#48
(11-05-2024, 11:25 PM)honsano Wrote: That makes you, like 80?

Icon_lol2

Nah, I didn't say that I was there. That was almost 20 years before I was born.  Icon_lol2

Reza was there. He is 80. Grinundwech
Reply
#49
I im maybe the biggest Leao basher in here, but tonight he was really good. Head on the right place. Hockey aassist for Thiaw, and assist on the other goals. Sublime!

But the most important tonight was the relevation of Musah. He shows his class, which is actually top class. He MUST be a regular somehow further on, either in a midfield three, RB or RW. He needs to play. We are som much more dynamic with him.
Reply
#50
Calabria was sub in only to show him how bad he can be. On top of that Theo gives him the armband? Fonseca must be a savage.
Reply