Summer mercato 2024
(12-18-2024, 07:00 PM)Sleeping Giant Wrote: C'mon man RLC is not that cheap

I’m taking into account having to pay a little extra to make sure we get him
And here we go...Tonali with 2 goals in the first half, add 20M to that price.
Forza Diavolo ale!!!
I dont belive in this comeback.
Terrible news as now stuck with Broke Gerry until 2028

"Milan today informed that a refinancing of the vendor loan held by entities advised by Elliott Advisors UK Limited (“Elliott”) has been completed. The refinancing with Elliott, in its position solely as lender, includes an additional investment of €170 million by AC Milan’s owner, RedBird Capital (“RedBird”), reducing the principal amount of the loan to €489 million, now with a maturity of July 2028."
(12-20-2024, 06:42 PM)Zio Fester Wrote: Terrible news as now stuck with Broke Gerry until 2028

"Milan today informed that a refinancing of the vendor loan held by entities advised by Elliott Advisors UK Limited (“Elliott”) has been completed. The refinancing with Elliott, in its position solely as lender, includes an additional investment of €170 million by AC Milan’s owner, RedBird Capital (“RedBird”), reducing the principal amount of the loan to €489 million, now with a maturity of July 2028."

I don't think this is all that negative. Scaroni spoke on this and said it's a signal of Red Bird's 'tremendous' growth of financial stability at the club where they were able to to pay a large sum to reduce the debt owed to Elliott in a much quicker time period than expected.

Listen, it's become really clear to me what RedBird's intentions are at this club. I think the end goal is to sell the club at a profit, perhaps people interpret that profit as being sold at a much higher amount than what they paid. While I do think a future sale would be at a higher premium than what the club was purchased for, I don't think thats 100% how RedBird is treating this investment. I think they look at it similar to buying a real estate investment. You purchase, take on debt, find a tenant that will cover your debt payments and once the asset is paid you have a property/asset at 100% equity.
It makes sense why they won't make the 'necessary' investments in top players in their prime. They'd win us titles perhaps, but they wouldn't be able to fetch a return on investment on a prime, top player. All these young players sure some will flop but arguably if we average out the ROI on players like Reijnders, eventually Fofana, Musah, Pulisic, Theo, Jimenez one day, Thiaw,Leao.. We could arguably pay the remainder of the debt owing with some important sales. They likely won't happen all at once, but similar to Tonali I wouldn't be surprised if each year or each opportunity someone gets pushed out for $$$ and replaced with a young asset. 

This is also probably why Maldini was controversial to their plan. Maldini ran the club, as a club. Maldini came out and said he made a strong attempt at signing Messi but he was 'stopped'. I get that Messi costs a fortune, maybe past his prime- but even with Messi's wage we'd still be below the likes of Juve and Inter's wage bill and the enthusiasm, winning mentality and leadership he would've brought could have been massive. Not to mention I don't think Tonali would have been sold. All clubs will have some amount of debt and if the goal is to win so be it financial 'risks' may follow. RedBird will make no such risk, hence why a yesman like Fonseca is necessary, or a cocky egoistic fool like Ibra can be manipulated into 'You're the God of football you can do what Maldini couldn't' I say manipulated because it seems like he was sold on doing the 'impossible'. Not to mention, no top club would have handed out a directors role to Ibra to begin with so I don't blame him for taking the opportunity. They didn't hire him because he was the best man for the job, they knew with his lack of experience they could appoint him and keep running their financial strategy behind the scenes uninterrupted. No top coach nor director will follow RedBird's policies as it makes winning increasingly stringent.

They don't care that our arch rivals have their second star and we don't, they care that we grind to the bones and get that CL money and keep seeing Reijnders price go up & keeping our top players like Leao and Theo & Maignan without renewals and unhappy so they can find a new club and cash in while putting the fault on them.
Please try to use a new or existing thread when the topic is not mercato for example, thanks.
The player we have been linked with the most is Frendrup. Is he any good?
I heard good thing about him. It would make sense in some way as an extra (defensive) midfielder we desperately need! But he’s a non italian again so can we even register him!?
Saelemaekers scoring again for Roma. He wouldve been so useful for us this season!! He’s a much better player than chuck and works his ass off. Wouldnt mind getting him back
Pobega too. 

Instead we don't even have enough people to form a three man midfield. 

We were just a few weak spots away from complete with a young team coming off an exciting Sdudetto, and then we went on the wrong direction.

Pioli was a wise man for getting that tattoo.
Recent interviews with Cardinale and Furlani are scary, we are fcked as long as Redbird is our owner. They dont care about winning at all. And they still think they are doing the right things, while in fact we are a big mess. We gonna loose a lot of money in coming years if we keep going downhill like this. Dunno how they calculated that. And our recent transfers are more miss than hit so we also gonna loose money on player values. Cardinale is a cancer for this club. I cant see anything positive atm, I really cant.
While I was one of the most positive fans all around few years ago