Feyenoord vs AC Milan
#71
(02-18-2025, 09:51 PM)Leoni9900 Wrote: After 3 shake ups in a year, the next one should be for the fans to stop going to the stadium and buying merchandise. We are the only ones who will collectively change this team. Gerry needs to go. Sell Leao and Theo for a bag of dog shit and go back into the red for Tonali

Living in America, where I have seen a lot of these kind of ownerships operate, I can rest assure you nothing the fans do will make a bit of difference for them. These "smart" ownerships think they are above the moron idiotic fans, and they do not give one damn about the fans except when they try to pull money out of the fans' wallet. Milan fans can protest all they want, Gerry would just hide in America and his minions will stay in their suites. We just have to hope Italy screws up their league badly enough that Gerry eventually is frustrated and leave on his own
Reply
#72
Atalanta being dismembered, if Juventus also get knocked out, it's pretty much bye-bye to all hopes for 5th spot next season.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
Reply
#73
(02-18-2025, 10:00 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: Living in America, where I have seen a lot of these kind of ownerships operate, I can rest assure you nothing the fans do will make a bit of difference for them. These "smart" ownerships think they are above the moron idiotic fans, and they do not give one damn about the fans except when they try to pull money out of the fans' wallet. Milan fans can protest all they want, Gerry would just hide in America and his minions will stay in their suites. We just have to hope Italy screws up their league badly enough that Gerry eventually is frustrated and leave on his own

No ticket sales or merchandise sales means a lot less money. I don’t care what kind of “smart” owner you think you are. You won’t stick around if you’re not reaching your financial goals
Reply
#74
(02-18-2025, 10:05 PM)Leoni9900 Wrote: No ticket sales or merchandise sales means a lot less money. I don’t care what kind of “smart” owner you think you are. You won’t stick around if you’re not reaching your financial goals

Here is the thing, these owners know that the fans won't actually all stop buying tickets or merchandises altogether. Sure, ticket/merch sales might decrease by a percentage, but how much is that going to cost them really? 10m a year tops? Their focus on generating revenue is on TV broadcasting/streaming rights and commercial sponsorships anyway. As long as those deals come in, fans can't really make that big of a difference. Unfortunately, the economics of professional sports has evolved to a point where the fans do not actually make that big of a difference any more, sad but true
Reply
#75
(02-18-2025, 10:01 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Atalanta being dismembered, if Juventus also get knocked out, it's pretty much bye-bye to all hopes for 5th spot next season.

I see that you are still watching CL games? For me, it is over. I won't even watch the final. 

More time for the family  Icon_lol2

P.S. I am being serious. I am even debating if I should watch more Milan games this season. Need to watch out for my own mental health. Grinundwech
Reply
#76
This is all...see you guys in the summer.
Reply
#77
(02-18-2025, 10:34 PM)slifersd1 Wrote: Here is the thing, these owners know that the fans won't actually all stop buying tickets or merchandises altogether. Sure, ticket/merch sales might decrease by a percentage, but how much is that going to cost them really? 10m a year tops? Their focus on generating revenue is on TV broadcasting/streaming rights and commercial sponsorships anyway. As long as those deals come in, fans can't really make that big of a difference. Unfortunately, the economics of professional sports has evolved to a point where the fans do not actually make that big of a difference any more, sad but true

That is fair. I guess my point was that if we get enough negative results, who will want to pay us for tv broadcasting rights? No one wants to watch a loser. Less exposure on TV means a dwindling fan base which would ultimately result in a lot less revenue
Reply
#78
(02-18-2025, 11:12 PM)Leoni9900 Wrote: That is fair. I guess my point was that if we get enough negative results, who will want to pay us for tv broadcasting rights? No one wants to watch a loser. Less exposure on TV means a dwindling fan base which would ultimately result in a lot less revenue

The Milan brand is going to live on for a while even if the results are bad. Man Utd has been horrendous for, what, over a decade now? And they are still a big name/brand. These owners are probably long gone by the time our negative results catch up in terms of revenue. Sad reality for us fans is that these self important smart asses are going to stick around and destroy everything running shit their way, and there is nothing we can really do about it.
Reply
#79
Zero heart or composure when going down to 10 men. Would have thought been used to it by now given get a player sent off every other game.

And this was v a decimated Feyenoord team without key players and are well off the pace in the Dutch league.

What now for Conceicao? Playing style, discipline and results are on par with Fonseca at best, worse in the CL.

So no CL for at least two years. Will this team even scrape a Conference League spot? Another Year Zero incoming...
Reply
#80
(02-18-2025, 10:42 PM)ACM2023 Wrote: I see that you are still watching CL games? For me, it is over. I won't even watch the final. 

More time for the family  Icon_lol2

P.S. I am being serious. I am even debating if I should watch more Milan games this season. Need to watch out for my own mental health. Grinundwech


Me too, thank Theo Big Grin

Nothing could change my love for this team, but the time watching matches could be changed.

I'm not sure whether a CL spot is good Big Grin
Reply