Summer Mercato - 2025
#31
(05-28-2025, 12:09 PM)Leoni9900 Wrote: Then we’ll only have a squad of 4 because that’s all we’ll be able to afford lol

Willing, not able Tongue 
Red Bird is valued at 12 billions of dollars, but won't give 200-300M to rise up this poor club of ours... and theirs...
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
#32
Milan has to make a splash this summer. Somehow. I don't know how (or if), but it's something that has to be done. They have to move quickly to secure a coach and make a few signings. Because the enthusiasm of the fans will die out very quickly if that doesn't happen. Even worse, sponsors need to be reassured that the club is doing something to stay relevant and up at the top of the league (and back in the CL). Otherwise, good luck renewing sponsors or worse yet, bringing new ones aboard.

It's not a death sentence to have a bad year. It sucks, but a well structured club will stick to the plan, make adjustments, and bounce back quickly. I've always said...if you have a plan and believe in it, then you have to stick to it. Make adjustments as necessary, but stick to it. Otherwise you restart from year zero all the time.

More specifically, I'm not really annoyed that Ibra is still here and the current management is in place. I'm glad they saw that the current steucture needed an adjustment and so they hired an actual SD.

The next important move is the ownership's. Meaning, they now have to step up. Secure Reijnders's stay. If you have to, renew his contract again (I know it's only been a few mo the since his last renewal). Send a message. Then, provide funds to bolster the squad. A big name might not be possible due to the situation we are in, but spend without selling the huge pieces. Show the fan base that you have heard them and that you're taking measures and willing to invest.
#33
(05-28-2025, 11:54 AM)Sampinjon Wrote: We all want good old Milan back, right? Just look at those squads and tell if in any of them were place for Adli's and all kinds of "useful" players??? Not even as a substitute of a substitute.
So, thanks but no thanks. There should be no place for them in this Milan as well. Only for better players.

We do, but we're so far away that I don't waste even one second thinking about it.

For now the important thing is to turn around this trend that we're in were we're getting worse and worse every day... I'm not expecting us to sign world class players anytime soon.
#34
If we are so interested in young profiles with a lot of potential, I really think we should look at acquiring both Diego Coppola and Pietro Comuzzo. Could potentially be out CB starters first a decade or more.
#35
Coppola and Leoni! Both are very talented.

Max Allegri seems close. Not my favorite choice but at least we’re moving fast. Hope we also move fast on the market. Give Max what he needs and start preparing for the new season
#36
Conte, Allegri rumored and we will end up with Paulo Sousa
#37
Allegri to Milan basically a done deal. 3 year at 5 million per season
#38
Tare moving fast!
#39
Unfortunately, he's moving in the wrong direction. Downgrading instead of upgrading. Not surprise, though, considering he's downgrade too.
Avaiting for arrival of exorcist into our boardroom.
#40
(05-29-2025, 01:54 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: Unfortunately, he's moving in the wrong direction. Downgrading instead of upgrading. Not surprise, though, considering he's downgrade too.

I’m not a Tare or Allegri fan either. I was/am against their hirings. However once they become part of the team, I will fully support whoever our Sporting Director and coach is as I am a Milan. I do think Max is an upgrade over Fonseca and  Conceicao and Tare is clearly an upgrade over the disarray we were in with no Director in place