(06-01-2025, 06:05 PM)Kris forever Wrote: A team that keep on losing their best midfielders won't ever compete for titles.
Hakan, Kessie, Tonali, Reijndeers.
Fear not. Bennacer is coming back.
(06-01-2025, 06:36 PM)Sampinjon Wrote: "Tammy" 5,8
Florenzi 5,6 (wtf)
Walker 4,6
Jovic 3,2
Sotil 0,5
19,5 M per year for players which contributed close to nothing.
Those figures are after-tax, I suppose? If so, 30-40M (the club's expense) is quite a significant amount.
Also, I can see why we may want to renew Sottil's loan. He is really cheap there. And yes, it is crazy that Florenzi earns that much. He has contributed absolutely nothing ON the pitch.
Looks like we're obsessed with midfielders who don't contribute with goals. When Reijnders leaves we have to replace him with someone who can. Ricci, Nicolussi, Onyedika (just mentioning a few linked players) are not the ones for that. I see that Rabiot's name is brought up again, at least he scored a decent amount of goals for Marseille this season. But still a lot of uncertainties.
We need speed, creativity and goal threat. Sounds like Kaká, but I know there are no players like that around.
06-02-2025, 09:26 AM
(This post was last modified: 06-02-2025, 10:43 AM by Zio Fester.)
Gazzetta: Reijnders is ‘bewitched’ by Guardiola, and is now pushing to move to the Premier League club. He would earn more than double what he does now in terms of salary and will still play in the Champions League.
To replace him in a 4-3-3 formation, Allegri would like a physical midfielder. He really likes ‘his’ Adrien Rabiot, who he had at Juventus. The Frenchman seems to be open to the idea as colleagues often refer to him and Allegri being like father and son.
Building for the future...
Reijnders is gone. Sad but true, latest rumour says 80 million including bonus. At least our management doesnt lie on the back and takes the first offer.
Allegri is "bewitched" by Leoni a rapport says. Looks like a good prospect. No doubt. Rabiot is proven in Serie A, and played solid under Allegri, but not excactly exiting.
We will miss Reijnders 15 goals, but will probably concede 15 less or more with Allegri. Fewer games with Hawaii football, but more results like 1-0, 2-1 and so on.
I will rather let Tomori go than Thiaw. Thiaw has great talent, and good with feet, under a good defensive manager like Allegri he could thrive. Hope for a CB partnership of Pavlovic- Thiaw. When gelled they could be a towering solid couple.
Leoni seems like a top talent and moving for him is certainly at the right direction. Even for Adrien Rabiot, he is only 30 years old too, so he has a solid 4-5 years career in him. He is also experienced, versatile, and I have no problem having him in the team as long as it makes financial sense and his agen/mom doesn't cause too much noise.
Bottomline: We need to support out coach. I am also glad that he is the highest earner on the team. that alone lends him authority, on top of his past resume. We have had some players thinking that they are bigger than the coach, and that needs to stop.
Rabiot has a release clause for only 10m, thats an absolute steal. I wouldnt mind him at all. We need midfielders! We didnt have a midfield last season.
And yes Leoni is a top talent, I hope we get him. Same goes for Coppola. We need to get at least one of them.
And from our CD already in the team Thiaw is the one I like the most, but he also has the most options on the market, so I expect that they sell him. I’s rather sell Pavlovic who is terrible with his feet and too reckless and out of position. Not the kind of defender I like.
(06-02-2025, 05:19 PM)Beppe Wrote: Rabiot has a release clause for only 10m, thats an absolute steal. I wouldnt mind him at all. We need midfielders! We didnt have a midfield last season.
And yes Leoni is a top talent, I hope we get him. Same goes for Coppola. We need to get at least one of them.
And from our CD already in the team Thiaw is the one I like the most, but he also has the most options on the market, so I expect that they sell him. I’s rather sell Pavlovic who is terrible with his feet and too reckless and out of position. Not the kind of defender I like. I think both defenders could be acquired for about 25-30 million (not each, together). We would perhaps have the future senior Azzurri pairing.
(06-02-2025, 05:39 PM)Leoni9900 Wrote: I think both defenders could be acquired for about 25-30 million (not each, together). We would perhaps have the future senior Azzurri pairing.
Reports already tag them each at 20M or more. EPL teams are in the competition, the price won't be low.
I am also dreaming for a great Italian CB pair (something like legendary Maldini-Nesta); however, last time I got my hope up for that (Romagnli-Caldara), we all know how it ended up.
By the way, I just watched some YouTube clips of Leoni, and just realized that this kid wears #46. He may have to compete for that number with our Matthew Cage.
Transfer pundit Fabrizio Romano claims that Milan have approached former Real Madrid legend Luka Modric as a free agent to fulfil a childhood dream playing at San Siro.
Might be ok considering he’d only have to play league games and potentially the odd Coppa Italia game. Has plenty to teach Ricci and any other young players who come here. 1 year 5 million would likely do it?
MilanNews: After realising that there were no other real alternatives from Europe’s top clubs, Theo Hernandez is now leaning towards accepting the proposal from the Saudi Pro League. Al-Hilal are offering him a €18m per season contract and €30m to Milan for the transfer.
|