Thats so true Arildonardo. But we should get at least 100 million for Leao, Nkunku and Tomori, and we are probably by no means finishing the mercato. I have a feeling that we will have one more marque signing, especially now when also get that 14 million euros from Reijnders transfer. I think Ignacio is coming, My guess.
08-19-2026, 12:12 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2026, 03:00 PM by Arildonardo.)
(08-18-2026, 05:11 PM)Bennacer Wrote: Thats so true Arildonardo. But we should get at least 100 million for Leao, Nkunku and Tomori, and we are probably by no means finishing the mercato. I have a feeling that we will have one more marque signing, especially now when also get that 14 million euros from Reijnders transfer. I think Ignacio is coming, My guess.
Sporting have sold players for €191m (!!) this transfer window, one of them is center back Ousmane Diomande for €40m to Nottingham Forest. I doubt they will sell Goncalo Inacio too. It seems like this link has been weakened lately.
Tiago Gabriel from Lecce has been mentioned again today. And even Ruben Dias, which does not sound too realistic. But maybe Mendes can work some Portuguese magic.
Also I think we would be very lucky to get "at least 100 million for Leao, Nkunku and Tomori". When the transfer deadline approaches we'll be desperate to offload them because they are already being replaced...
Edit:
Amorim still want Inacio, so the link isn't dead yet. It's always good when we get players that the coach actually wants, then there are no excuses.
Tonight's rumours:
Ricci to Como on loan with option to buy?
Jorge Mendes working on Rafael Leao + cash for Ruben Dias swap?
Porto looking for alternatives to Santiago Gimenez after we rejected their offer.
Aston Villa show interest in Fikayo Tomori. They are selling Ezri Konsa to Arsenal and need a replacement.
9 players are free to go, if rumors are to be believed.
Out of those 9, 3 have basically been frozen out of the squad. Tomori, Fofana and Nkunku.
Others like Ricci and Gimenez, although can be useful, will not be counted on and are in open transfer negotiations with Como and Porto, respectively. If they end up staying, i don't think they'll be frozen out of the squad, but I think the only play time they'll get is in Milanello.
Then there are the likes of Terracciano and Bondo. No matter how much Amorim wants to "evaluate them", we know they are not good enough for this level. I don't think we'll get actual € for either one, so I suspect they'll be out on loans before Sept 1st.
That brings us to the final potential exit, Leao. We all know the situation. We'll see how it all plays out. But I really don't expect him to stay.
If all 9 from above end up leaving, the squad will consost of 19 players (not counting the 3 GKs). We have plenty of players that are interchangeable between the WB and AM/W positions (Saele, Chuk, Moreira), but we'd still be short at least 1 AM, 1 CB, and 1 backup (3rd choice) ST.
08-21-2026, 05:57 PM
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2026, 06:16 PM by Arildonardo.)
(08-20-2026, 05:48 PM)nefremo Wrote: 9 players are free to go, if rumors are to be believed.
Out of those 9, 3 have basically been frozen out of the squad. Tomori, Fofana and Nkunku.
Others like Ricci and Gimenez, although can be useful, will not be counted on and are in open transfer negotiations with Como and Porto, respectively. If they end up staying, i don't think they'll be frozen out of the squad, but I think the only play time they'll get is in Milanello.
Then there are the likes of Terracciano and Bondo. No matter how much Amorim wants to "evaluate them", we know they are not good enough for this level. I don't think we'll get actual € for either one, so I suspect they'll be out on loans before Sept 1st.
That brings us to the final potential exit, Leao. We all know the situation. We'll see how it all plays out. But I really don't expect him to stay.
If all 9 from above end up leaving, the squad will consost of 19 players (not counting the 3 GKs). We have plenty of players that are interchangeable between the WB and AM/W positions (Saele, Chuk, Moreira), but we'd still be short at least 1 AM, 1 CB, and 1 backup (3rd choice) ST.
Gimenez now also frozen out. Training alone. Squad numbers released, number 7 worn by Gimenez is now vacant.
Goncalo Inacio was left out of the Sporting CP due to interest from Barcelona according to Di Marzio.
I know Amorim thinks the defence is complete for now but we need a new LCB as Pavlovic often loses focus and makes mistakes. He’s aggressive but not smart which is something Amorim’s style requires. I’m ok with De Winter in the middle for now but we need to replace the Serbian.
Nkunku on his way to RB Leipzig. Loan with option... So I guess we won't get rid of him for good.
(08-23-2026, 02:15 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: Nkunku on his way to RB Leipzig. Loan with option... So I guess we won't get rid of him for good.
Hopefully he rediscovers his Leipzig form. It would be nice to a team to exercise their option to buy on one of our players on the first try.
Some reports saying Leao to Aston Villa, Villa definitely needs players cause they lost many over the summer
If you see errors accessing the site contact me, see email below, with as much info as possible, thanks
|