Summer mercato 2012
If an average player like Nocerino can "explode" in the Milan environment, why not a young player ? I won't rate anymore any player (unless he's really bad) before he comes to Milan because IMO, Noce, Muntari and even Boateng weren't good enough to play in our team before really joinin us ...

At worst, if Casemiro isn't up to the task, he could be sent to Genoa, and who knows, may be a part of a deal to get Veloso for example ?
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
I haven't heard much about this Casemiro guy, but if he's as good as you all say, then Milan would be the perfect environment for him...Thiago Silva could help him get accustomed to the tactical nous of Italian football.
What happened to the Lucas Roggia kid? We got him on loan and we didnt use him. What was the point? If he didnt play I guess it's because he isnt good enough, so he will leave without playing or we will keep him/buy him despite not being good enough? Its not like he is very young (21/22?). Is he with the primavera team?
Casemiro is a tough one to judge. Brasileiro hasn't ever seen a star quality in him as far as I remember, but he has had his moments in Brazil. More interestingly, I remember hearing somewhere (can't remember where) that Casemiro was doing really well for a while, but getting a new contract and pay rise really got to his head, resulting in his game dropping.

It's always difficult to judge players, as there's so many variables that must be taken into account and the matter is so subjective. Many times when we fail in a purchase, it's not so much the scouts have failed, as there could be other factors which have meant the player may not have been successful. Boateng's probably a good example, because for many he was an average player and nothing special when he joined us. However, there were a number of factors (on and off the pitch) that resulted in him failing in England, yet in Italy and at Milan he seems to have found an environment which he feels comfortable in and he plays in a system that uses his characteristics well. If he was at Barca or United, I bet he wouldn't be as successful because he wouldn't fit into the football culture and possibly the social culture.

Point is that with Casemiro we may not see a star there, but there could be factors which makes clubs believe he's worth a gamble. I don't know enough about him to really fairly judge whether he'd be good for our system, but I am interested in seeing more of him.
(04-15-2012, 06:10 AM)WCmilan Wrote: im not really sure its more hopeful after his hat trickBig Grin, well thats part of the reason, also because galliani did say whoever doesn't arrive in january will come in the summer mercato, but with him he could even be lying about his name..

That's fairly reasonable..good ansa good ansa..I hope so too

(04-15-2012, 09:02 AM)Pato Milan Wrote: What happened to the Lucas Roggia kid? We got him on loan and we didnt use him. What was the point? If he didnt play I guess it's because he isnt good enough, so he will leave without playing or we will keep him/buy him despite not being good enough? Its not like he is very young (21/22?). Is he with the primavera team?

Just signed him for free to take up a non EU spot , so nobody would moan or rather could moan about it.Typical Milan , oh we cant sign XYZ because we got Raggio ...he cleans the floors in Milanello I believe.
Roggia was brought to Italy as a favor for his agent, Mino Raiola. He didn't cost anything, and I think he has an Italian passport.
He still cleans floor's excellently ...Dammit stop making sense Hitman.
I've been thinking about the Robinho to Santos rumours with us potentially getting Ganso in return and if I'm honest it wouldn't be a transfer I'm against. I like Robinho, and he's great when in form and is mobile, but he's had a terrible season this year and as I've said in the past, we just cannot ignore his poor finishing, especially when it's costly as we saw last year vs Spurs and this year vs Barca.

Ganso has had his injury problems in the past and this is my biggest worry about him. His ability, vision and intelligence on this pitch shouldn't be ignored though. He's not reached the levels expected of him yet, but I think he's got it in him to reach said levels under the right instruction.

Complications arise with how he fits into our squad. Traditionally he's a playmaker, but what I've noticed a lot of is how deep he comes to pick up the ball. Often, he starts moves from his own half and works his way forward, unlike other playmakers who will normally look to receive the ball from their midfield to work in the final third.

For us, this could work perfectly in our 3 man midfield, as we've often seen Aquilani or Seedorf deployed in midfield to act as our creative force. Seedorf's great at this, but is too old now to keep moving up and down the field on a regular basis, never mind his inconsistency on the ball these days. Aquilani's good when on form, but he's shown he's not quite at the level to play the role in the big matches.

Ganso's natural movement, working from deep and his ability to play passes into key areas works in his favour. Add this to the fact that Boateng naturally has a tendency to move into wide areas, and Ganso will also have the space behind the forwards to move into as he pushes up, meaning he can look to play killer passes (something we saw from Seedorf in the back end of last season). Another possibility is that Ganso can switch with Boateng, reducing our reference points in the side and adding versatility in possible solutions without changing players.

Questionmarks must be raised with his workrate and discipline when starting in midfield, as there's always the risk of him neglecting his defensive duties. Personally, I still wouldn't ignore the potential contribution he could make in our side for the cost of Robinho, who in all honesty is a valuable player, but one who isn't irreplaceable.

(04-15-2012, 01:14 PM)Hitman Wrote: Roggia was brought to Italy as a favor for his agent, Mino Raiola. He didn't cost anything, and I think he has an Italian passport.

Yep, he does.
the last thing you sad was said perfect, robinho is valuable but definitely not irreplacable.. well the president of santos according to milannews was quoted as saying robinho wants santos this summer and we want him, now we'll deal with milan.. so im 70-80% sure robinho will be gone this summer..

i know its 99% not possible, but imagine we get neymarBig Grin
I think there is another case: Santos sell Neymar and want Robinho to replace him.