Summer mercato 2012
according to milannews we are very close to sign Gabriel, a 20yo goalkeeper from cruzeiro.

Brasileirao, how good is this guy? Smile
If we loose thiago silva it would be ok with me as long as Acerbi,Ogbonna get signed the alarmist's in this board need to realize towards the stretch we didnt have Thiago Silva and was it the end of the world ?...no remember he will be 30 years old soon, a back 4 of Abate Mexes Ogbonna De Sciglio Is still solid and built for the future, it looks like our midfield has ALREADY improved with montolivo now if merkel and strasser can play we'll be ok,
(05-19-2012, 12:13 AM)ACM1899 Wrote: What do you think about Romulo from Vasco for our midfiled?
The little I know, I posted here, ACM1899:
http://milanmania.com/forum/showthread.p...2#pid30922
But I will have more time to watch him and will post my impressions...
(05-19-2012, 01:55 AM)WCmilan Wrote: I edited the post because of space, sorry...
From the videos ive watched, he's incredibly fast..
I'm asking you because Im wondering if you followed this player when he was at Goias and then Ituano, apparently both brazilian clubs.. and right now im just seriously wondering why he hasn't made a move to a big club yet
Yep, Goias and Ituano are Brazilians clubs.

Regarding Wellington, I really can´t help you, sorry. But theres one thing I always look when thinking about Brazilians moving to a big club in Europe. Did he played for a big club in Brazil and handle the pressure? Of course, this is only theory and can´t be take as a sure thing, but if he only played for Goias and Ituano here, I would be concerned with his ability to handle Milan pressure.
(05-19-2012, 04:54 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Sadly Neymar won't want to go to us. So, no Ganso then?
ZB, it´s a opinion or do you read some information about this?

I´m asking because I see no reason for Neymar spun us. Milan still has a great reputation in Brazil, always treated Brazilians(even flops like Rivaldo) in a great way so, I see no reason for Neymar denied a transfer to Milan. Plus, I bet Robinho(very close to Neymar) always said great things about Milan... and that´s a BIG plus.
(05-19-2012, 06:09 AM)Dha Brain Wrote: if we somehow would get neymar and ganso i'd think i'd have a party , i'd party so hard i'd die of alcohol poisoning, ( to brasileiro ) while I listen to the tropa da elite soundtrack kakakaka !
LOL...
(05-19-2012, 04:36 PM)Dha Brain Wrote: If we loose thiago silva it would be ok with me as long as Acerbi,Ogbonna get signed the alarmist's in this board need to realize towards the stretch we didnt have Thiago Silva and was it the end of the world ?...no remember he will be 30 years old soon, a back 4 of Abate Mexes Ogbonna De Sciglio Is still solid and built for the future, it looks like our midfield has ALREADY improved with montolivo now if merkel and strasser can play we'll be ok,

umm...it was the end of the world since in that stretch we lost serie a and our cl dreams died...and he wil not "be 30 soon", he is 27 years old. besides, defenders tend to hit their prime later than the rest of the players.
(05-19-2012, 03:54 PM)Beppe Wrote: according to milannews we are very close to sign Gabriel, a 20yo goalkeeper from cruzeiro.

Really?!?!!

Beppe, coincidence that I talked about him this week in the GK pool thread. Gabriel has amazing potential. Like I said in my thread some time ago, he had some hype about him and was impressive in the last under-20 WC in which Brazil won.

Great technique, size, cold blood and performed in a high level at the biggest stage for his age. Now, he has little pro experience so, no one knows how he will react in a Milan side. But talent wise, it´s a bet that I like, bring him now(cheap) and finish his development as a second or third GK.

If you look ate GK thread, I din´t vote for the Brazilians there, not because they are bad(I like both), but because to spend a non- EU spot in a GK, he need to be REALLY special... and imo Gabriel has the potential to be one...

Nice surprise, thanks for the info!
How can losing Silva not be the end of the world, didn't Milan lost all titles due to him being injured. On top of that, at least Nesta was playing.
I really can't think how terrible the defense will be if Mexes is the starting CB along with Ogbonna, Acerbi or Bonera.

(05-19-2012, 04:58 PM)Stitch Wrote: umm...it was the end of the world since in that stretch we lost serie a and our cl dreams died...and he wil not "be 30 soon", he is 27 years old. besides, defenders tend to hit their prime later than the rest of the players.
Agree... plus, we need to come back to our old self and do not sell our stars players. Let T. Silva finish his career at Milan, like Maldini and Nesta... we are Milan and not a feeder club.

(05-19-2012, 05:02 PM)brasileiro Wrote:
(05-19-2012, 03:54 PM)Beppe Wrote: according to milannews we are very close to sign Gabriel, a 20yo goalkeeper from cruzeiro.

Really?!?!!

Beppe, coincidence that I talked about him this week in the GK pool thread. Gabriel has amazing potential. Like I said in my thread some time ago, he had some hype about him and was impressive in the last under-20 WC in which Brazil won.

Great technique, size, cold blood and performed in a high level at the biggest stage for his age. Now, he has little pro experience so, no one knows how he will react in a Milan side. But talent wise, it´s a bet that I like, bring him now(cheap) and finish his development as a second or third GK.

If you look ate GK thread, I din´t vote for the Brazilians there, not because they are bad(I like both), but because to spend a non- EU spot in a GK, he need to be REALLY special... and imo Gabriel has the potential to be one...

Nice surprise, thanks for the info!

Muchas gracias for the info my friend. The price names is something around 0.5m so not expensive at all.
If we sign him we should loan him to a team were he would be a sure starter, though maybe he already has the ability to play abbiati out of the team as I'm not impressed by him at all.

BTW seems like he will have his medical check on monday! so I guess he is more than close.
[Image: gabriel.jpg]

[Image: 62781_ori_gabriel.jpg]
It’s reported Milan have secured the signing of young Brazilian goalkeeper Gabriel from Cruzeiro.

The shot-stopper would come in as their third choice as back-up for Christian Abbiati and Marco Amelia.
According to Sky Sport Italia, a deal has been struck for 20-year-old Gabriel Vasconcelos Ferreira at a bargain price.
He has an EU passport, so would not take up a precious slot in the transfer strategy.
Gabriel is expected to fly in to Milan on Monday for his medical so he can sign the contract.

football-italia.net
See now this is some transfer business I like, brazilian GK with big potential for a cheap price Big Grin + has a EU passport, perfect signing.

On strootman, Raiola is in talks with Galliani to work out a deal for him.. Better not turn into another tevez saga and blow it last minute, a deal for strootman should be done within the week according to milannews.. Apparently it will be sometype of joint deal between us an Genoa worth 13mln, really dying to see which players go where, I'm sure we probably through in strasses or someone. Or maybe it's one of those 3mln a year deals similar to ibra
Sounds like a good deal:
brasileiro has been watching him and rates him, he is 20, had an EU passport, and is coming for 0.5 Mio & looks like Juve were also after him so it's great to snap him 1st!

Now with him & Donnarumma, one of them is bound to turn out a star and be our gk for the future.

Nice to hear some good news Smile

EDIT: seems like i just repeated what WCmilan said up there...

On another note, also good one, I read that we are also following that Verratti kid (19 yrs) from Pescara who Juve is reportedly so close to sign...he is supposed to be the next Pirlo and if you check this vid you can see why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnP54DneZ...re=related

And while watching that clip you can't but think how huge it is to have a striker a la Pippo who would make the runs for a talented midfielder like this one to pick out.

That is one more reason why, for me, if City are really offering GBP 25Mio for Ibra, it's a no brainer: sell him and get Cavani plzzzzzzzzzzzzz