Summer mercato 2012
Some good news: http://www.canalemilan.it/news/il-brand-...um=twitter

The strength of our brand.
I truly believe it will be a good thing if he stays. Then again we make fools of ourselves. I get the feeling our board behave like spoiled brats. What does "woke up and decided.." means? Is that a plan? Is that how they run things now? Should we be happy about it? Shall we wait in what mood will the emperor wake up tomorrow? Is it like when Fester went to Manchester to buy Tevez and after they reached an agreement Berlu "woke up " and decided NOT to let Pato go? Fester was fuming that day, being there to make a deal and succeeding on it, only for the whole thing to get a last moment red light. That didn't make him look good to the Man City board but we don't really care about that.

It's not that I like Leonardo (on the contrary) but imagine how our way of approaching and executing transfer deals might seem to other teams. And if our unprofessional behavior makes them angry, who can blame them?

But maybe I am overreacting. Lets see what happens.
Maybe we will all wake up and start watching the Poland vs Greece opening game in the Euro, hahaha.

If Berlu really just woke up and said no sell, this is by far the biggest joke. But if he then fire Galli for making this decision to sell Silva, make sure Babara is the new GM with her OWN posse, then spend money on quality players, all is forgiven.
(06-13-2012, 02:36 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Gazzetta Dello Sport :

" Berlusconi has Blocked the transfer to PSG "


DevilolDevilolDevilolDevilol

Bet you it wasn't papa who made the block. Barbara using her influence to appease her Ducky.

Not that I can say its a bad thing. We already lost so much at the end of the season. Thiago gone would be at best bye bye CL spot, and at worst.... someplace even I don't wanna go.

We now have a mission, we need one season to find a world class or potential world class defensive PAIR. Anything else is secondary for us, most of us expect Thiago not to last till the end of his contract for us anyway.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Rumours continue to fly around and I don't buy the BS that Berlusconi suddenly changed his mind about this whole situation. I said to a work colleague on a lunch break a few hours ago that this situation would either end with Thiago's sale or Berlusconi again trying to make himself look the hero. On top of that I think Hasan's on the mark that it's a very realistic possibility we see Thiago go in the not too distant future, as this is similar to the Kaka scenario (worse imo).

Personally, I hope the pressure on management doesn't let up even if we keep Thiago. If we do then Berlusconi will delude himself thinking he's some hero to the fans for blocking the transfer, when he's clearly the problem with letting anything even get started. For this reason I hope those in Milan will protest (peacefully). Berlusconi, Galliani and any other idiot who sanctioned this whole situation should be made to know this isn't acceptable. After all, what's the worse that happens? Either the club continues to be slowly killed internally or he decides to sell, with the result being the club gets killed by another owner or, hopefully, the club prospers from proper management.

On top of that what's this actually mean? Either now we buy pretty much no one as we have no money and all hope for improving for the coming season is lost. Or we spend a reasonable amount to reinforce, which begs the question as to why this whole farce has even taken place. Either way, we have little hope as on the one hand we have nothing good to look forward to or we face the reality that this management don't have this club's on field success in their best interest.

Finally, where's this leave Thiago? A week ago he was adored amongst fans and considered a leader for the long term future of this club. Like Maldini when I think Real or Chelsea wanted him back at the turn of the century, he could have put an end to this debacle before it even began. Instead this leaves doubts about his commitment to the club and questions must be raised as how he will be perceived. I know for sure I no longer view him in the same light I did a week ago.
If Silva stays, I think either Berlu spends and gets back on the good side of all the fan and blame everything on Galli, might lead to Galli firing.
Or Berlu won't spend and we all wait for the inevitable of Silva and others leaving if Milan does not win anything.
As for Silva, I think it is unfair to blame him at all as he never said he wants to leave or higher wages, at least according to rumors.
Berlusconi is just a joke... a total joke, criminal, & scumbag
Dev, when your employer flies to Paris to negotiate your transfer its not like you have many options left. We are not that stupid to believe that he will not consider a 1 mil per month contract as opposed to the ones he earns in MIlan. Its normal.

But the truth is (at least what we know) that he never has asked for a raise,a abnormal one. He started at 1.8 , to get a 4 mil last year when obviously he was our best player. Kaka on the other hand came to Mlana as kid, we made him, he wont the title in his first season, he played with Sheva,Pippo,Seedorf,Pirlo,Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Cafu...Rui Costa was benched for him. In 3 years he was gaining 9 mil per year. And he was decisive only in 2006. By the end of 2008 we finished 5th, did not qualify for CL and Kaka`s father was unhappy with 9 mil salary.

Last year we were Champions, and we finished the season with 16 goals conceded. only 6 after the break. Guess who was responsible for that. The 1.8 mil player. He deserved his raise. Ibra gets double the salary, robinho is more, Pato and Mexes are equal to him. Have we ever heard Tiago complain, or his representative say smth similar. No, at least not publicly.

I will not believe for a second that Milan did not want to sell, Thiago forced the move. (he would have forced a move to Barca). But as I will not believe that he should stay calm and "resist" 12 mil offer from PSG,when clearly the club intents to sell.
--------------------------------------------------
Dont you think that if PSG went after David Luiz or Pique with 12mil (60 mil for 5 years) they would not consider it??!!! but the question is weather Barca or Chelsea would consider their respective sales.

That is the difference between the clubs right now.
No ho visto Superman volare, ma ho visto Super Pippo segnare. I supereroi esistono davvero.
(06-13-2012, 04:23 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If Silva stays, I think either Berlu spends and gets back on the good side of all the fan and blame everything on Galli, might lead to Galli firing.
Or Berlu won't spend and we all wait for the inevitable of Silva and others leaving if Milan does not win anything.
As for Silva, I think it is unfair to blame him at all as he never said he wants to leave or higher wages, at least according to rumors.

This option is more likely IMO.
(06-13-2012, 07:47 AM)xvr11 Wrote: A mod or somebody, is it possible to make the pages have more posts per page?? 10 posts per page is too short and when the thread jumps 24 pages in 1 day as it has, it makes me think something big has happened!

I have the same issue here. I thought that I could change that setup in the "User CP", but didn't seem to work for me.

I am going to post this again in another more relevant thread, so that it will not be submerged.
(06-13-2012, 02:00 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: Breaking news:

There is a chance that Berlusconi decides NOT TO sell.

Umberto Zapelloni, whom I follow on Twitter, has said Berlusconi has woken up and decided not to sell T. Silva. Zapelloni works in La Gazzetta.

Barbara: Selling Thiago would be a huge mistake if we miss out on CL revenue.

I take back what I said about her. I will eat humble pie.

Here is more: http://www.gazzetta.it/Calciomercato/13-...4578.shtml

Sorry I don't have time to translate, but it basically says the fans' discontent and "mal di panca" of the players (i.e. their discontent) has perhaps led Milan NOT TO sell T. Silva.


I don't know if I am happy about this. I have maintained that SIlva will be sold in 2013, and I believe this still. And I think then we will receive a much inferior offer. Once again, if this is true, our management has not covered themselves in glory.

1) We should have never sat on the same table and whored ourselves
2) We should have a concrete plan and not use this "non-sale" as our "big buy"

T. Silva will now go to Barcelona...What a joke we are. Kaka saga all over again. In 2013, IMO, Silva will be gone, as I have maintained all along.

As for the rest, we should have sold Ibra and RObinho to raise funds. Gee. What a mess man.

SKY: Silva will most probably stay at Milan

IN the immediate future, I think Ibra will go now.

I absolutely agree with your analysis. I also see Thiago Silva pulling a Kaka next summer (that is, if he is to stay this year), and go to Barcelona (or PSG is still possible) for a much lower sum (25-30).

The only way to stop that is Milan wins next CL, or at least have an outstanding season (unlike this past one). That will not happen unless Berlusconi (Silvio or Barbara) takes heavy interest and due investment in Milan.
(06-13-2012, 09:06 AM)ZvonimirBoban Wrote: Maxi Lopez was reported to feel rejected by us and he said he doesn't mind joining Juve; clearly his image is going down in my eyes...

http://www.goal.com/en/news/10/italy/201...z-after-ac

I won't blame him at all if that happens. For a player that only stayed half a season, he has shown enough loyalty to us, and I honestly don't think that we can ask more of him.
(06-13-2012, 09:14 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: I am giving him more credits now due to having pride. Just don't play in Milan.

Sagrin
(06-13-2012, 09:29 AM)Gabriel426 Wrote: Now I lose respect on Lopez. Sometime I wonder do players have pride anymore.

Icon_lol2