Summer mercato 2012
Geo, to correct you. Barca won Liga in the 04-05 season. Although they were bad between 00-04, but I think it has more to do with players not performing as expected more than lets sell all the valuable stars and hope Xavi, Iniesta and Messi will shine once they mature. On top of that, Barca youth has always been producing them with 1st team players, Pugol, Xavi and Gabri(he left) in the late 90s, a few yrs later Iniesta, Valdes, Messi and Motta(he left), then Pedro, Pique, Sergio, Cesc, Tiago and Cuenca. Then when you look at Milan, beside Abate, Antonini, De Sciglio and I will put Pato down too since he came at 17, Milan has not been producing anyone over the past 15 yrs. Can't really count Strausser, Merkel, Antonelli and Polaschi as none of them played a full year in Milan. Actually, I would even go farther and state that Maldini was the last real solid player Milan youth promoted prior to Abate and that was 23 yrs ago. All indications pointing to Berlu and Galli will fail at developing youngsters, b/c they don't know and more importantly they do not have the patience toward their coach to develop young players.
Berlu and Galli have no clue what they are doing and running the club at the moment. As if they do decide to rebuild after the season, why did they send Merkel(the most ready youth mid) away and then sign Flamini, and loan Constant.

BTW, I think Silva is in London preparing for the Olympics, why is PSG sending people to Brazil?
Looks like T.Silva (and his agent) are looking for something more than the 7.5 mln initially offered back in June. Makes sense actually, as here he would make only 1.5 less.
although it looks like another one of goal.craps bullshits, i like this :

http://www.goal.com/en/news/596/exclusiv...-nears-san

"The powerful attacker has been a Milan fan ever since his youth, and has a jersey of his idol and former Rossoneri star Andriy Shevchenko on the wall of his home in Bosnia."

I do prefer Dzeko over Tevez anyday.. He always remind me of our great Sheva. And he is a true milan Fan too
Forza Milan I Love U
funny thing i have read on "Milanezi s Balkana" thread...apparently, Ibra's and Silva's jerseys were removed from the store on the official site a few days ago, and now they're back on
Is Bosnial part of EU? I thought our non-EU spot is used by our third GK from Brasil and we have only 1 non-EU player per season, right?
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
(07-14-2012, 02:24 PM)Siregar Wrote: Is Bosnial part of EU? I thought our non-EU spot is used by our third GK from Brasil and we have only 1 non-EU player per season, right?

Bosnia is not part of the EU. Yes we only have one spot left, since the young GK Gabriel isn't an EU-national. I've heard they're trying (or tried) to get him a Portuguese passport but we shouldn't pin our hopes on that.

Basically of all the players we are linked with, i.e. Tevez, Dzeko, Damiao, Kolarov, Dede etc we can only get one. So it is important we chose wisely.
(07-14-2012, 02:47 PM)Gio-mania Wrote:
(07-14-2012, 02:24 PM)Siregar Wrote: Is Bosnial part of EU? I thought our non-EU spot is used by our third GK from Brasil and we have only 1 non-EU player per season, right?

Bosnia is not part of the EU. Yes we only have one spot left, since the young GK Gabriel isn't an EU-national. I've heard they're trying (or tried) to get him a Portuguese passport but we shouldn't pin our hopes on that.

Basically of all the players we are linked with, i.e. Tevez, Dzeko, Damiao, Kolarov, Dede etc we can only get one. So it is important we chose wisely.

It means we can buy 2 non-EU players per season?
I thought we could only get 1 non-EU per season.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
2 non-EU spots. They reverted back to the old rule.
(07-14-2012, 03:05 PM)Gio-mania Wrote: 2 non-EU spots. They reverted back to the old rule.

Aha, great. Since when is it? I only heard about intention to have the old rule but never read the news about the old rule is valid now.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta