Summer mercato 2012
I agree with WCMilan. Kaka is now a good deal.

Real won the Liga with Kaka's contribution, so the man can say he has given them something.

its a shame we didn't make any attempts to sign oscar, the kid reminds me a lot of kaka and is a lot younger

Also here is a good article on yanga mbiwa
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...n-transfer
(07-27-2012, 01:48 AM)WCmilan Wrote: its a shame we didn't make any attempts to sign oscar, the kid reminds me a lot of kaka and is a lot younger

Also here is a good article on yanga mbiwa
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...n-transfer

Exactly.

That's why I said (in an earlier post) that Brasileiro would be really pissed off. He proposed a long while ago that Milan should buy Oscar and his price at that point, according to our good ole Brasileiro, would be around 10M.

Had that happened, we would be looking at our Kaka 2.0 right now instead of Kaka. I am sure that everyone would be very happy.
I would be that's for sure. I just think that to find a player to perfectly suit our CAM position that we have been missing since kakas departure is a player very similar to kaka. Oscar is as good as it gets, I believe it was him today who assisted rafael correct me if im wrong, but his movement and the pass in particular said kaka "2.0" all over it. It's to bad that due to not having funds we can't buy all these players anymore. Now we can see how it feels to be a mid table team scouting out the talents before they are recognized by bigger clubs, example mbiwa.

Could look like Chelsea has finally gotten their kaka dream in a different form. I remember they wanted kaka very badly but we were reluctant to sell him, or it was also once we HAD to sell kaka he preferred to go to spain with madrid then an EPL club. I wish we'd put in an offer for Damiao or Neymar. I like brazilian talents typically because if they don't end up being the next ronaldo or messi at least they still get the hype and keep the $$ on their price tag.. for example pato has been injured so many times and hasn't done much (other then his great goal against barca) in the last few years yet his price tag is still 25-30mln and some clubs would even pay more believe it or not. They are very talented but generally fragile players either mentally or physically. Physical examples would be kaka/pato always injured there are more but ill stop there, and mentally are players like ronaldinho or adriano who prove themselves all over the world then suddenly become drunks lol Big Grin
(07-27-2012, 02:31 AM)xudong Wrote:
(07-27-2012, 01:48 AM)WCmilan Wrote: its a shame we didn't make any attempts to sign oscar, the kid reminds me a lot of kaka and is a lot younger

Also here is a good article on yanga mbiwa
http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editori...n-transfer

Exactly.

That's why I said (in an earlier post) that Brasileiro would be really pissed off. He proposed a long while ago that Milan should buy Oscar and his price at that point, according to our good ole Brasileiro, would be around 10M.

Had that happened, we would be looking at our Kaka 2.0 right now instead of Kaka. I am sure that everyone would be very happy.

I am not sure if in that time Oscar's club did have intention to sell him (for that price).

I think, the optimal time to buy a Brazilian talent is when the player JUST started to show that he posses big talent although in many occasions the price is already sky high. Example is Pato. He was only 17 years old and got only some games with senior team.

The Brazilian club must know that they can hold the player and hope for super big deal if they keep the player for a couple of seasons.

What Portuguese club(s) have been doing in buying Brazilian young players should be followed by Milan although Milan should pay more (but not very much IMO) due to big club status. However in this case I think we can get only young players with talent not big talent like Pato for example. Players like Ramirez, David Luiz, Hulk. Big note should be remembered is that the players need time to show their capability and it is Milan job to give them many chance in Serie A and Champions League to boost their development.

So, every path has its price.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
I agree. I think we should be making signings a la mastour, sure we paid 500,000 euros for a 14 year old but at 17-18 we would've had to pay close to 20million. We have been to cheap as of late on our youth, but i can tell from this mercato on we have been and will be a lot more serious about our youth structure, i guess you could say we learned from barca. They produced 300million euros worth of players (just off the top of my head) xavi,iniesta,messi also not including alcantara,potentially tello im pretty sure pique came from la masia as well? Well, point being if we invest 5-10million euros on 5-6 very talented youth players that 5-10million euros worth of players will be 1-300 million euros worth more or less in 4-5 years. We've made a bright start by signing mastour. We should continue to look for players like this, imagine signing insigne and veratti 2 years ago when hardly anyone knew who they were? Now they are both worth 15-30million euros (depending on the club) at only what 18-19 years old? so yes FFP may have an affect on our current squad. But for the future we should look into these moves^ then who knows, maybe we won't really need to worry about building a new stadium.

Our management was to arrogant when savicevic told them to sign jovetic 5-6 years ago when he was only 16-17 years old, now look.


A player I really noticed watching great britain vs senegal is S.Mane he plays for senegal #10, he really impressed me. the guy is crazily fast, had super vision to draw the game 1-1, will fit our standard of "cheap" since i can't even find what club he plays for not even a wiki page for him, however he was literally the difference between the two teams by a long shot. Might be because it's a young not so amazing great britain squad, but for him to play so amazing against a team that consists of ; richards,bellamy,ramsey,giggs .. he's certainly talented I wish i could be a scoutBig Grin
Is Paris going to be a little Milan ?
They would prepare a 20M offer for Abate ...

While I don't want Abate to leave, for 20M, and if De Sciglio improves well, his replacement could already be in our team, we should maybe accept such an offer ?!

Problem : We would need another RB as De Sciglio would be our only alternative there, unless Antonini goes on the right, and as a consequence, Mesbah and one of Taiwo and Didac Vila will stay ... Not a very good scenario though.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
(07-26-2012, 02:55 PM)xudong Wrote: It is truly symbolic to me too, for all the reasons you offered. Maybe the clubs sees a long-term future in Boateng but not in Cassano or Robinho, but I like to comment that this #10 is perhaps the least stellar version in Milan history, at least for the past decades that I have followed Milan. Going backwards, Seedorf, Rui Costa, Boban, Savicevic, Ruud Gullit. As good as Boateng is, he is no way near the quality of those above mentioned names. It could as well indicate the club's lack of ambition, or at least lack of financial prowess, accompanied with a transition in the strategy of managing the club.

Of course, there can certainly be another explanation: Boateng asked for it, but Cassano and Robinho didn't. At Milan, we don't seem to assign numbers; rather, players call dibs. Devilol

Boateng, at least in terms in star name isn't as stellar as previous players, but to me that's why it's so important he is 10 and such an important act from the club. If he can produce the performances he did last season only throughout the season without injury problems all the way, then this guy will be recognised as world class and worthy of the shirt.

About assigning numbers, players can request specific numbers, but ultimately it will be the club who decides and with good reason. Today, shirt numbers are valuable marketing tools, with players synonymous with a number (just look at Beckham with 7). The number 10 is always one of the most valuable numbers as it is a number with so much history and therefore a number that will sell well. As a club, it always makes sense to give the number 10 to a player who you value highly as their shirt will sell even more.

(07-26-2012, 06:55 PM)xudong Wrote: Another thing that really bothers me about this Kaka rumor is that: We (Milan) would be doing Kaka a huge favor, not the other way around. Kaka is desperate coming back to Milan (or going elsewhere) because he does not want to miss the World Cup 2014 in Brazil. Every Brazilian player wants to be there, which alone would be a huge achievement for them. Kaka is going to miss it for sure at this rate, if he can't even get to play game at his club. Seriously, he never really played well in Real Madrid, not at all. He never wanted to come back to Milan in his first bad season, second bad season, or even during the third bad season, why all of a sudden now? I think that he is dropped from Brazil NT, that he is not in the Olympics team (like Silva or Marcelo), that he is not even in the Real Madrid's summer squad made him realize that he can no longer afford losing time. Considering that the squad is usually pretty much set six months or a year before the tournament, Kaka really only has one full season left (2012-13) to regain the trust of Brazilian coach. That's where Milan the rescuer kicks in. Dodgy I am sure that he loves Milan, but Milan certainly is not his first priority. WC'14, money, religious stuff, Real Madrid, we would be happy if Milan was his fourth or fifth.

If he is this desperate, we should simply ask for him to work it out with Real Madrid for release from his contract. But no, he doesn't want to burn that bridge and ruin his "good image"; and certainly if he did that, he would also be in a bad position dealing with Milan, though I don't see Milan going harsh on him (we should.) Why 13 million transfer free? A huge mockery of Milan's prudent or even cruel (in the case of Silva&Ibrahimovic) transfer policy recently. and his salary (even though I don't know the amount), and more concerning, his injury and as a result of which, lack of pace. Bottom line, Kaka is not going to help Milan as much as Milan helping him. Part of me still likes him and appreciates what he has done for Milan, but I certainly don't want to see him back at this Milan. Maybe when Berlusconi sells the team to someone really rich, I don't mind having a 35-year old Kaka back sitting on the bench earning 20M a year, reminiscing on the good old time. But not right now, not right after we sent Silva away for "fiscal health" of the club.

We are doing Kaka a huge favour, but it's that hunger to reach the 2014 world cup that makes this deal even worth considering, as that goal means he'll be determined to be in the limelight for 2 years. It's also why I said I think he's got 2 years max in him now.

I will say I'm still not keen on this deal, my opinion hasn't changed.

(07-26-2012, 07:05 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: http://www.football-italia.net/21588/mil...-ultimatum

How long before someone else steps in and offers what Montpellier wants?

For the moment I'm not concerned. I think if this is true, it's only an act to put pressure on Montpellier to sell him on our terms. I said before when discussing this transfer that we would be able to use his contract ending next summer to our advantage. While other clubs, Arsenal mostly and I think Newcastle too, have been looking at him, the fact that we're currently the biggest name in for him and have already agreed personal terms means we're well ahead of others.

(07-26-2012, 09:50 PM)Nalx Wrote: Btw, anybody interested in Olympics football? I watched two great games tonight. Japan beat Spain 1-0 but could've scored at least three more, and Brasil - Egypt that ended 3-2.

I'm keen to watch the Olympics football, as I think there are quite a lot of good teams and it's a good indicator of where teams are heading looking towards Brazil 2014.

(07-26-2012, 11:06 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: I would be surprised if Mbiwa wasn't valued by other than us, he's 23 and already the captain of the french league champions. He also just missed the french EC squad. I wouldn't mind us getting him.

I saw the highlights from those matches. Japan's counter attacks were lightning fast, but Spain's defence was a total catastrophy. Seems like Brazil were cruising in the first half, and then relaxed a bit too much in the second. Too bad Pato didn't start the match... They still got a decent attack with Neymar, Hulk and Damiao.

I saw the end of the Japan - Spain match and if I'm honest in that period Japan should have killed the game off, with 2-3 great chances.

Similar with Uruguay, I saw a little bit where Lodeiro scored. He looks an interesting talent.

I saw about 15 minutes of GB - Senegal, with GB looking like a team that's not really got an identity in what seemed a fairly dull match.

Instead, I did see Brazil's match fully and while the first half was impressive, their drop in concentration during the second really was a worrying sign. Juan, the Inter defender, was awful. Pato had just over 15 minutes, where his movement looked decent and he would have scored if Marcelo could pass. I'm hoping to see more of him through the tournament.
(07-27-2012, 09:56 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote:
(07-26-2012, 07:05 PM)Arildonardo Wrote: http://www.football-italia.net/21588/mil...-ultimatum

How long before someone else steps in and offers what Montpellier wants?

For the moment I'm not concerned. I think if this is true, it's only an act to put pressure on Montpellier to sell him on our terms. I said before when discussing this transfer that we would be able to use his contract ending next summer to our advantage. While other clubs, Arsenal mostly and I think Newcastle too, have been looking at him, the fact that we're currently the biggest name in for him and have already agreed personal terms means we're well ahead of others.

Never forget Arsenal has a very good image in France thanks to Arsene Wenger and the big number of French players who have been involved in that team over the years ...

So if Arsenal comes in the race sooner or later, I wouldn't be that confident.

PS : I can't be French, I hate Arsene Wenger and Arsenal !! Big Grin
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Names of the day:
Kaká, Alessandro Matri, Micah Richards and Sami Khedira.