Bundesliga
#21
I don't think Bayern are already at their maximum potential. If you look at recent seasons, Bayern lost to Dormunt a couple of times, they should actually dominate the league aka win the league with big difference to the second team, and also with consistence from one season to another. Especially in CL, I almost forget when Bayern won the cup the last time. They achievement in CL are not that good. If they kept reaching semifinal, than it could be their maximum but without consistency in CL and never won it since 1999 is not something their maximum potential.

I think, if Guardiola can prove himself in Bayern, he could improve Bayern performance result in enhancing especially their chance in CL.
"When Costacurta and Maldini won they didn't celebrate much. They were thinking about winning the next game" - Alessandro Nesta
Reply
#22
I think Bayern hired Pep to give them that final edge to win the CL after so many years of coming close but not sealing the deal. Bayern have the kind of players to play the type of football that Pep would want so I'm looking forward to see how they do next season.

Reza: where else do you think Pep should have gone? Dortmund have been giving them a run for their money in the Bundesliga lately btw.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
#23
Like I said my point is more from Pep's perspective.

They have won the Bundesliga 5 times in last 10 years, and 10 times in last 20 years, if I am correct. I somehow doubt we will see much more improvement. Not really about how I rate Pep, it's about how much extra any coach can give them.
As far as CL, Bayern have two semifinals (or better) the last 3 years. I doubt 3 years - Pep's contact length - leaves that much room for improvement. If they reach semis every of the next 3 years it's not that big a deal compared to last 3 years. For example, minus Milito they were close in 2010.

About where else he could go? Not sure but at Bayern there is a limit at how much he can enhance his reputation. If he stays long he can win CL yes but others with chance to win are catching up (PSG and City for example) The number of teams with a shot at winning the CL may actually go up in the longer term so Bayern will have more competition.
If you see errors accessing the site contact me, see email below, with as much info as possible, thanks
[Image: wL3iQMT.png]
Reply
#24
(01-17-2013, 07:03 PM)Mystik Wrote: I think Bayern hired Pep to give them that final edge to win the CL after so many years of coming close but not sealing the deal. Bayern have the kind of players to play the type of football that Pep would want so I'm looking forward to see how they do next season.

It was shocking truth but I think Pep found the team that suits him though.

1. It was not about the excessive splash cash. Compared to Man City or Chelsea would had splashed out more then Bayern, the latter offers rational one for the Spaniard.

2. The Bundesliga healthy financial caught in the eye past decades.

3. Having said that, both philosophy's Bayern and Barcelona have something in common. Focusing in on their youth academy. Anyone will have take a chance to show their worth.

My two cents. Wink
Reply
#25
'Nuff said Grinundwech    
per l'amaro e il dolce
Reply
#26
If Bayern Munich win tomorrow and Dortmund fail to do the same, Bayern Munich will be the first team to have ever won the Bundesliga in March. Amazing.
Reply
#27
Bayern Munich 9 - 2 Hamburger SV

Devilstupito

lol, what a score
If you see errors accessing the site contact me, see email below, with as much info as possible, thanks
[Image: wL3iQMT.png]
Reply
#28
but Dortmund also won, the winning goal coming at 82'. Bayern Munich have to wait another month (March --> April). Icon_lol2
Reply
#29
Time is ticking. Wink
Reply
#30
http://www.football-espana.net/30211/bay...C37m-gotze

Quote:Bayern pick up €37m Gotze
By Football Espana staff

Pep Guardiola has seen Bayern Munich pick up their first signing of his reign as Coach ,with confirmation of Mario Gotze from Borussia Dortmund.

Dortmund have confirmed today via their official Facebook page that their midfielder’s buyout clause of €37m has been activated and that the 20-year-old has agreed a deal to move to the newly-crowned champions.

“We are obviously disappointed beyond measure, but emphasise that both Mario and his advisers have behaved absolutely conformity with the contract,” stated Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim Watzke in reaction.

Gotze, who was also linked with a possible move to Real Madrid, becomes the first official arrival at Bayern for former Barcelona Coach Pep Guardiola, who takes over at the club from Jupp Heynckes in July.

Today’s announcement comes ahead of Bayern’s Champions League semi-final against Barcelona and Gotze’s projected involvement in Dortmund’s semi-final the following night against Real Madrid.

Can't believe his release clause was so low..but I wonder where Pep intends on playing him though? Bayern is quite stacked in midfield..
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply