Summer Mercato
(05-14-2014, 01:26 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: Its really sad to be such a shambles of a club, watching the world cup will be depressig too as i know we will never get any of teh talent out there and will hear BS about how many trophies we won, who gives a shit now, cant even rememebr the last team to win the title and dont want to either.

On the contrary, I can't wait to watch the World Cup games because they'll provide a much needed respite from this shambles of a club. After that I wish we could go straight to the new season because nothing infuriates me more than to hear Galliani spewing the same old b.s through the silly season about how grateful we should be to Berlu and watch him unveil our new three signings (all on Bosman) with that smug face as if he just hit the jackpot.
per l'amaro e il dolce
(05-14-2014, 01:26 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: I will watch the game at the weekend, even though i really dont want to. We are a club that simply cant do anythingright at the moment. Seedorff has done nothing but help get us through this season and we are going to sack him? such a shame considering we went to him and asked him to stop playing.

Its really sad to be such a shambles of a club, watching the world cup will be depressig too as i know we will never get any of teh talent out there and will hear BS about how many trophies we won, who gives a shit now, cant even rememebr the last team to win the title and dont want to either.

Galliani is such a turd and i lay the blame at him and him alone. He has wasted soo much money it must be untrue. Are we still in debt?

I'm looking forward to the world cup for the same reason as Nalx, it's an escape from club football and specifically our situation.

As for just blaming Galliani, I agree he's the biggest problem at the club, though Berlu's a very close second with his idiotic demands and decisions.

Also, we are still in debt. If I remember correctly the last time we heard news we were likely to make around 15m loss this season.
Dont get me wrong, i will enjoy the world cup from a spectacle point of view, Football in Brazil should be excellent and there is something more when an international tournament takes place. And like you said it will be a a good escape from club football, will be sad though as Seedorff is due to be on the BBC and everytime i watch him i will think how unfairly we have treated a proper legend in the game.

That said being a scotsman living in London, it will be great to see England struggle (fingers crossed)

They always say never buy a player who does well at a tournament as it could be a one off, but you can just imagine......
(05-14-2014, 05:33 PM)Sajymundo Wrote: Dont get me wrong, i will enjoy the world cup from a spectacle point of view, Football in Brazil should be excellent and there is something more when an international tournament takes place. And like you said it will be a a good escape from club football, will be sad though as Seedorff is due to be on the BBC and everytime i watch him i will think how unfairly we have treated a proper legend in the game.

That said being a scotsman living in London, it will be great to see England struggle (fingers crossed)

They always say never buy a player who does well at a tournament as it could be a one off, but you can just imagine......

That's almost a given. Icon_lol2
will be interesting to see what our stance is on balotelli if he has a good world cup. on one hand we might not wish to sell a player who has really captured the world's imagination, on the other, a good world cup might put his price above 30m and that will suit berlu just fine.

personally, I can see why some people want balotelli sold, if I'm honest, can we really afford to have a player with such a bloated value that doesn't give his all and has a questionable attitude? not really.

on the other hand, him being a pure centre forward makes that decision a little less clear cut, there is not an abundance of good centre forwards in the world right now, when you think that balotelli is probably at least on par with the players that madrid, bayern munich, arsenal, chelsea, juventus have upfront, and when you consider our defense and midfield is more on par with a mid-table club in those leagues, then his value becomes apparent.

there are loads of very good wingers, goalkeepers and attacking and defensive centre mids in the world all available for transfer. centre forwards, along with central defenders and full backs, are a rare commodity in football. if we sell a 23 year old player with his potential it will be difficult to find someone even close.

mind you, I wouldn't mind letting El Shaarawy play upfront in the middle, too many naturally gifted central players are forced out wide due to todays tactics.
If we ended up selling him, I'd like to think it is not due to his lack of professionalism; rather, it would be because that he was the only one that we could sell for a profit. How to find out? If we buy someone at least close to him to replace him, then I am wrong.

The best scenario of course would be that he starts to perform and starts to behave. and we keep him.

and for the love of whatever, please stop diving. never has a Milan player's diving disgusts me so much, and you must know that I am very biased towards our own players.
Milan have offered €3.5m for Rami, according to GdS.
I think the Rami saga could get drawn out (hopefully not too much given interest of other clubs). Undecided

(05-15-2014, 05:47 AM)xudong Wrote: If we ended up selling him, I'd like to think it is not due to his lack of professionalism; rather, it would be because that he was the only one that we could sell for a profit. How to find out? If we buy someone at least close to him to replace him, then I am wrong.

The best scenario of course would be that he starts to perform and starts to behave. and we keep him.

and for the love of whatever, please stop diving. never has a Milan player's diving disgusts me so much, and you must know that I am very biased towards our own players.

I don't think this is totally the case. Balotelli could be sold for money, but it would justifiable based on his lack of professional behaviour too. Ironically, it's just come out that he's got in trouble at a nightclub again last night. Apparently, it could be he was in a fight with a thief, but ultimately whatever the case he's not doing himself any favours (he didn't have to be the one to apprehend the thief, that's what security/bouncers and the authorities are for).
It is so sad that it now seems that Balotelli could get never live up to the expectations in Milan. Or we simply don't have the necessary infrastructure (managerial, personnel, etc.) to help get the best out of him and keep the worst in. While I wouldn't cry a river if he was sold, I seriously have very mixed feelings on his possible sale, because the million-dollar question is: can we and will we find an adequate replacement? I am afraid that the answer is already in my question: we probably have only a million dollars as our annual transfer budget.

€3.5m for Rami? Does Galliani think everyone else is stupid? Rami is a hot commodity on the market, and I bet Valencia would be happy to take him back and sell him for at least €10m.
If we are going to sign Alex, and we manage to keep Rami, we will have a solid CB pairing for next season. Personally, I do think Alex is a very very good defender, but would I sign him if I was in charge, I dont know. He's old and maybe we can get a couple good years out of him, but we'll be paying another big wage when we could invest in a younger player for the future.
What on earth happened to Zapata? I did rate him higher than Mexes at certain points, but they are both just w.e defenders.

And last year I thought we were set for fullbacks, but I was wrong. We need to sell Abate, keep DS as our main rightback, and buy a new left back. Apparently Zenit was interested in Abate, any chance we could swap him for Criscito I would take it.