General Chat
Even more likely to come to Milan after that scouting video Grinundwech
Reply
(03-09-2015, 02:09 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: It's interesting if it's there, but I won't feel disappointment if it's not and it works well, because on the one hand it's giving you control, on the other if it's dependent on AI, then that could give each character a more unique and complete personality.

For example, in the party you have 3 other members, Ignis (guy with glasses), who is Noctis' (the main character) right hand man and aide, Galdiolus (dark haired muscular guy), a tough and powerful friend and Prompto (blonde haired guy) who isn't as strong and is known for a more carefree attitude.

Based on the videos I've seen and the preview comments in the press, Ignis will generally act as a healer and protect the lead character (so much so that when the lead character was in trouble, Ignis shielded him). Gladiolus seems to be the brawn and is good at short range, while Prompto uses long range weapons (guns) and his actions seem to follow his personality (i.e. a moment where he'll shoot enemies while sliding on his knees on the ground).

Point is, while it gives the player less control on how the group acts, it could give the sense these are characters in their own right and act towards identifying their personalities. Fundamentally, it depends on how good the AI is, though it does sound like the game so far has excellent AI.

Final Fantasy Type 0 releases today I believe and it should be accompanied by a demo for FFXV. That should mean more news as the days go by and the general public gets a chance to play the game.
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
(03-17-2015, 07:51 PM)Mystik Wrote: Final Fantasy Type 0 releases today I believe and it should be accompanied by a demo for FFXV. That should mean more news as the days go by and the general public gets a chance to play the game.

Yeah, totally true. On Type 0, I've been looking out at the reviews and it's generally getting around 8/10 or just over from the major sites and places. To summarise what I've generally heard, the flaws are it's got a pretty weak/confusing plot in the game, is mixed in the HD update (some things look really good, others much less so) and the camera is pretty awful. On the positives, the action gameplay is generally excellent, the characters are likeable and often very good, the music is great and the general design of the game is meant to be really good (i.e. having cool activities to do even when not in missions).

Basically sounds to me like that the game is what I was expecting. It's meant to be good, very good even, but is a game made for portable games machines (it was originally made for the PSP). So while it would have been amazing on PSP or even on the PS Vita, on the new generation consoles its flaws are more noticeable, as it's not designed for them. I will probably get it though at some point.

On Final Fantasy XV, I've followed some comments and generally it sounds like people are really into it, though mostly so far the response is people being just happy to be playing it. That said, videos have come out showing off the summon in the demo and it's totally insane and cool. It gave me goosebumps watching it and gave me the same sort of feeling I had when doing a summon back in FFVII through to FFX.

Here's a video of it, though if you are going to play the demo, then you might want to wait:

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2015/03/17/final...-damn-mind
Reply
Have had a chance to catch up on some feedback on the FFXV demo. At first sight I was really confused as I thought everyone hated it, but then as I looked more closely it was evident that the reaction was generally really quite positive, but there are some flaws.

Key points of concern appear to be around the camera and enemy lock on systems. Apparently the lock on isn't intuitive enough, while the camera doesn't follow a locked on enemy well enough. However, from what I understand there's a soft and hard lock on, and most complaints are with the soft lock on. However, generally speaking it sounds there's work needed to imporve this, as right now it could put people off. These are issues where the majority of those commenting were pointing out.

There have been other criticisms, such as graphics not being that impressive and general technical issues like framerate drops. However, this is a demo for a game not out for a long time yet and more importantly is a build on an older version of the engine, so I completely expect the game to be optimised and improved on graphically. Other minor criticisms were the area felt somewhat sparse and there needs to be a little more variety in character interactions, but generally it's not all that surprising and not many seemed to take too many issues here.

Another questionmark right now seems to be the depth of gameplay and strategy, mostly as this is a limited view of how the battle mechanics will work and what is there isn't completely explained in the tutorial. The general feeling I got was many were kind of confused with how to get most out of the system, while those who'd spent more time with it were generally feeling it took time to click and make sense.

That said, the comments on the whole seem to be very positive, with people enjoying the gameplay and exploring the environment, while there are clear moments which really impress (the summon vid I posted yesterday for example).

I'm positive, as the feeling I get is that the foundations are there for something really good, even if at the moment it is still in a rough state. The developers do have time though before anyone expects anything (I don't think anyone expects it to come out this year) and the director of the game has said he extensively reads feedback online to see reaction to the game, so it seems absurd if they don't pick up on the biggest gripe around camera and the lock on system.
Reply
I am definitely not too worried about the graphics at this point and the amount of stuff there is available to do since it is only a demo. I'll be sure to look out for videos that illustrate the battle mechanics because that will definitely be cool to see. Final Fantasy is one of those series that I know I'll end up buying regardless of what the news says anyway. Once a release date is announced, I'll probably preorder it right there Big Grin
Siamo a posto cosi.
Reply
Cool, there are a few videos around now I think. Would be very interested in hearing your thoughts on the game.
Reply
https://vine.co/v/O3l3rI5I0YX


Big Grin
Reply
Lol

[Image: full_c57bf91f56393ceb073572aaae9c52aad2164a09.jpg]
Reply
lol, innovative is the word that comes to mind! Big Grin

btw, is it just me or does it looked like someone tried to shoot him and missed on the picture on the left Big Grin
Reply
Hahaha that guy is a genius. This is the way forward lads, put your diminutive full back on the post and hope he has some climbing skills.
Reply