E3 Started yesterday with Bethesda announcing Fallout 4 will come in November and showing off Doom and Dishonored 2. Can't say I'm overly excited about any of that, though I'm intrigued.
Also, for the PES fans, a new gameplay trailer was recently revealed for this year's game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8tVy6veuE
(06-15-2015, 08:57 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: E3 Started yesterday with Bethesda announcing Fallout 4 will come in November and showing off Doom and Dishonored 2. Can't say I'm overly excited about any of that, though I'm intrigued.
Also, for the PES fans, a new gameplay trailer was recently revealed for this year's game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba8tVy6veuE
2015 seems to be a pretty good year for Gaming and Movies, with many quality provided... Call of Duty Black Ops 3 comes to mind... also with both FIFA and PES promising higher realism of what we saw previously.
as for PES, their problem seems to be the difference between their concept/views on what the game should look like/work, and the end product!(their licensing can and should be solved in the coming years).
I really want to see EA fall to the ground, I'd buy PES in an instant if it delivers what it promises!
for the time being though, unfortunately, FIFA still has the upper hand.
If you mean upper hand as in the better game, I disagree. I think in terms of gameplay, PES is currently better than FIFA. In terms of licensing, FIFA is well ahead (other than UEFA competitions), but seriously it's not a big deal to just get a patch which will pretty much automatically update the PES player names. It's also at a position now where licensing isn't as big an issue as it was in the late 90s.
Honestly though, if you're looking for the better gameplay experience, I think PES right now is better. I say this as someone who's never particularly preferred one franchise over the other, playing FIFA in the early and mid 90s, switching to PES in the late 90s up to 2009, where I switched back to FIFA until last year.
(06-15-2015, 04:02 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: If you mean upper hand as in the better game, I disagree. I think in terms of gameplay, PES is currently better than FIFA. In terms of licensing, FIFA is well ahead (other than UEFA competitions), but seriously it's not a big deal to just get a patch which will pretty much automatically update the PES player names. It's also at a position now where licensing isn't as big an issue as it was in the late 90s.
Honestly though, if you're looking for the better gameplay experience, I think PES right now is better. I say this as someone who's never particularly preferred one franchise over the other, playing FIFA in the early and mid 90s, switching to PES in the late 90s up to 2009, where I switched back to FIFA until last year.
Like you, I've been jumping between FIFA and PES since 2007.. 2007-2011 was FIFA, 12-13 PES and lately back to FIFA.
I find it pretty exciting that both games have reached a point where it's a slight margin, and the player picks by his personal preference.
I meant their licensing issue will be solved officially in a couple of years, they are working hard on that, plus most agreements with EA are reaching its end.
let's see what happens
I was a PES player from back when it was called International Superstar Soccer until PES 2013, when I made the switch to FIFA. Even then PES had a slightly better gameplay, but everything else was on FIFA's side.
What I enjoy about football games are the career modes. I snapped when I started playing PES 2013 and saw that the freaking Master League is the same as 10 years earlier. Like, 0 changes. FIFA's career mode can't even compare to that crap, its 10 lvls above it.
I got to be honest, I havent tried PES 14 or 15 so I dont know if they made some improvements to the ML. Oh yeah, licensing is a big deal too. Even if I change the names, the commentators wont read them, which is a big minus in my book
I agree with Ace about the fine line between the two that it's just down to player preference, but I also agree with Stitch that the PES master league needs to be improved significantly, some of the things in there just aren't good enough and I was really frustrated when I last switched back to PES from FIFA.
Also, E3 is currently ongoing, some really cool stuff. For me it's mostly about The Last Guardian, FF7 HD remake, Star Wars Battlefront, the new game by the creators of Killzone and Rise of the Tomb Raider.
The master league can be annoying at times. But then the FIFA gameplay leaves a lot to be desired. But i must admit, on FIFA 12 I thoroughly enjoyed my career mode as it is pretty much all that I play. PES 2015 was on a massive sale last week on PSN and sadly I forgot to buy it.
06-17-2015, 02:01 PM
(This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 02:02 PM by Stitch.)
On FIFA 15 career mode as a manager, I couldn get myself to start anywhere but in Milan  I've played for 5-6 years, my team has C. Ronaldo (old but his stats dont go down), Neymar, Courtois, Alba, Pjanic, Bartra, Lucas from PSG, Laporte from ATB, Fernando from City...hmmm i cant remember the rest
From the original Milan i have De Sciglio and Bonaventura left, both develop really well, and ElSha who is so-so. I remember I sold De Sciglio to City for a large sum and then bought him back next year for half the price  same with Shaarawy to Utd.
(06-17-2015, 02:01 PM)Stitch Wrote: On FIFA 15 career mode as a manager, I couldn get myself to start anywhere but in Milan I've played for 5-6 years, my team has C. Ronaldo (old but his stats dont go down), Neymar, Courtois, Alba, Pjanic, Bartra, Lucas from PSG, Laporte from ATB, Fernando from City...hmmm i cant remember the rest 
From the original Milan i have De Sciglio and Bonaventura left, both develop really well, and ElSha who is so-so. I remember I sold De Sciglio to City for a large sum and then bought him back next year for half the price same with Shaarawy to Utd.
I took a different approach.. going for an all-Italian Milan. ofcourse that wasn't done in my first season as there were not enough fundings :|
I did a quick research of who Di Biago called for his U21 Team, and got off from there 
Bought Verratti for peanuts and sold him for 50M, thus funding my reinforcements.
avoid buying in Mid-season, and start buying in pre-season.. cheaper.
youngsters to look for in FIFA, Rugani(CB), Battocchio(CM), Zappacosta(RB), Bertolacci, Sansone(RM/LM, sold him in order to get Berardi though),Zaza(ST, slow, but has good finishing).
El-Shaarawy and MDS are pretty solid on the left, both fast and both good dribblers.
Also just graduated 2 16-years old wonderkids, 1 CDM and 1 RM. both develop very fast
(06-17-2015, 03:57 PM)Ace Wrote: (06-17-2015, 02:01 PM)Stitch Wrote: On FIFA 15 career mode as a manager, I couldn get myself to start anywhere but in Milan I've played for 5-6 years, my team has C. Ronaldo (old but his stats dont go down), Neymar, Courtois, Alba, Pjanic, Bartra, Lucas from PSG, Laporte from ATB, Fernando from City...hmmm i cant remember the rest 
From the original Milan i have De Sciglio and Bonaventura left, both develop really well, and ElSha who is so-so. I remember I sold De Sciglio to City for a large sum and then bought him back next year for half the price same with Shaarawy to Utd.
I took a different approach.. going for an all-Italian Milan. ofcourse that wasn't done in my first season as there were not enough fundings :|
I did a quick research of who Di Biago called for his U21 Team, and got off from there 
Bought Verratti for peanuts and sold him for 50M, thus funding my reinforcements.
avoid buying in Mid-season, and start buying in pre-season.. cheaper.
youngsters to look for in FIFA, Rugani(CB), Battocchio(CM), Zappacosta(RB), Bertolacci, Sansone(RM/LM, sold him in order to get Berardi though),Zaza(ST, slow, but has good finishing).
El-Shaarawy and MDS are pretty solid on the left, both fast and both good dribblers.
Also just graduated 2 16-years old wonderkids, 1 CDM and 1 RM. both develop very fast
if you gather enough points (cant remember the name of the points, theyre displayed in the top right corner), you can activate "takeover" option. basically, your team gets bought by a rich dude and you get a large amount of transfer money for next window 
i switched most of my budget to salaries and got C. Ronaldo and Neymar on Bosman for free  I tried to do the same with Messi but he wouldnt leave Farca no matter how much I offered.
|