What difficulty were you playing on? I just decided to buy PES so I'll probably be able to provide my feedback by the end of the week. I was playing the demo on top player/superstar and it seemed competitive enough..
Siamo a posto cosi.
i didnt touch the difficulty options, so whichever is the default one, thats what i'm playing.
i didnt mean to say that the gameplay is too easy, but the master league negotiations are. i mean i paid about 35mils for neymar, and i sold agazzi for about 10 mils? and you can get pretty much any player ona loan-deal, you'll just have to pay for it. i remember real asked 12mil for bale's loan. thats just unrealistic.
tbh I thought the review was ok. It's obvious he thinks PES is significantly better this year and I think this is what lead to some of the frustrations he faced. However, when reading the review he does say what he thinks is good too, so while I kind of disagree with the comments he made about the gameplay issues (at least of what I've played), I felt it was somewhat balanced and the score reflected that.
On Konami killing EA, honestly right now I can't say I have a fondness of either (to put it mildly), but over the past year I don't think it's unfair to say EA's actually been the lesser of two evils. That's not to put EA under a good light, it's just how bad Konami have been.
For PC I think you can just download a patch to change all the team and competition names. Console I think you have to go in and do it manually...
Siamo a posto cosi.