Goodbye to all the Old Guards
I haven't felt so sad about a sports-related death since Senna died. I never saw Cesare play obviously but he was always there. At the 98 WC, then coaching Milan and who can forget 11 May 2001. I read up on him, watched his interviews and he was such a likeable guy. I could see where Paolo got his DNA from. Honest, loyal, an easy to get along with guy but determined as hell.

I remember Paolo's last match, and that camera zooming in on Cesare. He looked sad. But I remember thinking how proud he must be. It was already such a traumatic day- we were embarking on an era where Milan would have no Maldini in the team. Till that time I had never watched a Milan without Maldini. Seeing the camera zoom in on Cesare, still makes me choke up.

A few days before his death, I was on Paolo's Instagram and there was a pic of him in a hospital bed. Needless to say I went in panic mode but it seemed nothing of importance as the next pic showed him chilling with his buddies.

Then I thought, Damn Cesare is getting pretty old. I hope he stays with us for a long time. And the next thing I know ina couple of days, He's gone. It was shocking to me that I was reaching that phase of my life that the Legends we adored are going to go away one by one.

I am super desperate for one of the Maldini kids to make the first team. I'd be utterly heartbroken if they do not. It is already bad enough that Paolo is not at the club. Seeing him yesterday at the funeral just broke my heart. Just so fucking sad.

The Maldini family have given their life away to Milan and the way the management have treated Paolo is shameful. A lot of new fans blindly give respect to Paolo Maldini and other senators of that era, but only those who watched those teams play week in week out realize the huge impact Maldini and the boys had. I mean to win CL '07 after the tragedy of '05. That kind of revenge is written in stories.

I hope we see Paolo back at the club. I hope we see his kids int he first team. The footballing gods cannot be so harsh to us Milan fans. Haven't we been through enough?
Reply
Thanks for the info all. In all honesty I wasn't particularly interested in seeing photos or videos (I had a quick look at one video that had comments from Seedorf and Sheva, but that's about it). I was just surprised there was much available.

Then I saw an article on Milannews that condemned the attitude of people because they were taking out phones during the funeral to try and snap pictures/selfies/videos. Totally agree too, there are times when people should be allowed to do their duties in peace and just be left alone.
Reply
Here is our dearest Rino, coaching his team from the sidelines. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL2yiw4mNfY

Watch the whole video ha ha Rino hasn't changed. He even does the Clarence Seedorf celebration.
Reply
lol, why did he smack the guy in the suit?

Balotelli and Mexes infuriate a number of fans by posting "funny" pictures on Instagram on the day of Cesare Maldini's funeral.

http://www.milannews.it/news/milan-tifos...ini-207090

How said is it these clowns represent Milan these days.
Reply
(04-06-2016, 06:21 AM)somedevil Wrote: I hope we see Paolo back at the club. I hope we see his kids int he first team. The footballing gods cannot be so harsh to us Milan fans. Haven't we been through enough?

Well, Christian is the oldest one. He is 19 and is a defender in our Primavera (don't know if he's got involved a lot though). So if he is to turn in our first team, it will be next season or probable never.

Daniel is 16. He is a striker in one of our youth teams. He's still got time ... Don't know his level of performance.
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !
Reply
(04-07-2016, 12:54 PM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: lol, why did he smack the guy in the suit?

Balotelli and Mexes infuriate a number of fans by posting "funny" pictures on Instagram on the day of Cesare Maldini's funeral.

http://www.milannews.it/news/milan-tifos...ini-207090

How said is it these clowns represent Milan these days.

I want these fucktards out of this club. Along with their friend KPB.
Reply
Preaching to the choir my friend.
Reply
Something quite random, but Maldini got given some one club man award in Spain today

http://www.calciomercato.com/en/news/ac-...bil-465048

The sad thing about this is that it seems everytime anything about Maldini is written these days, this has to be included somewhere

Quote:Maldini was booed during his farewell game in 2009 and the club have never gave him a role in the control room which Maldini would deserve for what he did on the pitch.
Reply
yes, that's a tarnish which will forever be there and can never be undone. Angry
Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnZwW89cE1E

Video of Paolo at San Memes.
Reply