Matchday 8: Chievo - Milan (Sunday, October 16 - 20:45 CET)
We're top 3 because all the teams in and around us keep slipping up. Had we won the game against Udinese like we were suppose to, then we'd be within striking distance of Juve for top spot when we play them next week. It's something we'll need to work on, but since we're still a young side that's growing into a decent team, I can accept it.

It's been several years since we last saw a side that we didn't have to worry about after conceding a goal, and for that I put it down to Montella's mentality changing leadership and the fact that our youngsters want to prove themselves worthy.

Looking forward to Juve's match, but know for a fact that they're way more experienced than us for the big games. Hopefully we'll do the business.
We got the young 'un's. We take out big gunz  Devilcool
Juve would be a step too far, a heavy loss is still more likely than not.

If we have rich owners they will have to mix this youth with the right experience, not Abate type for example, then the growth can be accelerated.
That said, I love it when we make this man happy.

After all the crappy years he's had to put up with, it's great we finally have a season that's worth it.
(10-17-2016, 07:04 AM)Ryo Wrote: That said, I love it when we make this man happy.

After all the crappy years he's had to put up with, it's great we finally have a season that's worth it.

Dude, dont forget all of us here, who have been staying loyal to the club and the forum (Reza)  Sagrin Devilcool
I missed the match as I was out, only catching from Birsa's goal onwards. However, the result is excellent and I honestly can't remember the last time we were 2nd (joint) in the league.

Will look to catch up on the whole match later.
I am still giddy as fuck. If we beat Juve I am gonna lose my shit.
(10-17-2016, 03:56 PM)somedevil Wrote: I am still giddy as *****. If we beat Juve I am gonna lose my shit.

At a quick glance, I thought you would go topless. Icon_lol2
We must thank Mr President for his ItalMilan idea, we beat Chievo with 8 Italians on the field Smile
(10-18-2016, 05:50 AM)edysim Wrote: We must thank Mr President for his ItalMilan idea, we beat Chievo with 8 Italians on the field Smile

Nah, mate. We must thank him for implementing his "Youth Policy".
Just how many Academy graduates and young guns did we have in the squad for the game, or for this season even. Devilcool
I managed to catch up with the game. Not a lot to say that hasn't been said, but I think it was a decent performance against a tricky side (Chievo have been really good this year so far). Even the first half, where we weren't great and really took about 15 minutes just to get into the game, we were solid and gave away very few chances.

Niang was excellent again and I thought Lapadula put in a good performance where he worked very hard. You can see he lacks a little quality, but he will score goals for sure if he plays like that. I'd like to see Suso try and do a little more, he had a few moments, but not enough to be as much a threat as we need.

I liked Bonaventura, Kucka and Locatelli. I thought Locatelli showed strong characteristics, even if he made a couple of mistakes (inevitable at this stage in his career). He could have taken a couple of more risks on the ball to dominate the game a little more and I'd like to see him show himself for the ball more, but these are elements to develop, not something I'd expect him to do right now.

I think the backline was good, Paletta being the weakest with a handful of mistakes that weren't particularly bad, but were unnecessary and could have been costly (we conceded the goal off one of them). I was pleased with Abate's improved performance at RB, while I though DES was actually good despite one mistake towards the end. Romagnoli was excellent and seems back to his best after a shaky start to the season and Donnarumma remains consistent and frankly brilliant given his age.

I don't expect a win against Juve, but we can be competitive and at least look to take the match to them on Saturday.