Summer mercato 2012
lets not forget thiago silvas mistake in i forgot which game where he literally passed the ball while it was in the air to an opponent right infront of the box and he scored.. mistakes arent avoidable, and mexes imo is better then bonera, more consistent and better overall. i rate mexes highly, id say hes a good all around defender, not great but good.. if nestas leaving, seriously the only defender whos a possibility for me is hummels. anything else would be a downgrade imo.. and im not including people like pique,vidic etc just defenders that are ACTUAL possibilities and not just fantasy
benzema is a player i would take in an instant i also have mixed feelings on higuain though, dont see why since arsenal signed podolski we dont give RVP a shot
(05-01-2012, 09:37 PM)Kastriot Wrote: Don`t you think you are being to hard on Mexes. Even a costly one a mistake is a mistak, its human to make mistakes...he has been very solid for us this season...and it is not like we can afford to lose him???? i would keep him with both hands. With arsenal away game and barca home he was immense. Sorry DEV i really don`t agree with you putting Bonera and Mexes in the same line, to me its not even comparable how much better is Mexes to Bonera..

I agree. Mexes messed up the Barcelona game, but so did the ref. Even if we lost 2-1 we still would have lost.
Ibra and Robinho are JUST as much at fault for not scoring tap ins and it never should have gotten to Mexes' mistake.

We won't buy a quality CB so I say keep him and rotate him again with Nesta and TS again. It worked fine. Our midfield and side backs are the problem, not our CB's.

Bonera messed up for years upon years and he wasn't sold. Why should Mexes be sold from 1 game?
i think the reason bonera was never sold is because like we saw this season, hes a back up CB, upon saying that he only plays when one of our main CBs is injured, sometimes he plays so good i cant even belive its him on the pitch, but sometimes he plays so bad he should be in seria b.. thats just bonera for you. for a back up CB, you cant hope for much. we musnt forget real madrid dont have great CBs either. raul albiol is average, i dont rate him higher then mexes but not lower either, id put them on the same level about. where as pepe is a good defender but he's no silva, the reason they have the advantage in defence is because they have good wingbacks, allowing sergio ramos to come into CB when he's needed, where i might also say he does a good job there as well. our problem is we have no wing backs, plain and simple. we couldn't try out abate at CB if hes fit because if we put anyone else RB theyll do a terrible job.. plus we don't have very versatile wingbacks, abates not a type arbeloa player that can do good both at RB or cb, arbeloa is average, if not good at both positions..

point of my post is we shouldn't be looking at cbs, we should keep mexes and buy a promising CB like ogbonna , and look into a better LB
Agree! we have much more urgent need for LB and MVB replacement.TS,mexes,nesta,acerbi and bonera is a very decent CB department for next season.
May god with chinese footbball
(05-01-2012, 05:01 PM)arcticengineer Wrote: I had pretty high expectations about Mexes. A friend of mine, who's been following Serie A a lot longer than me, told me Mexes was a real "catch" when ACM got him as a free agent. Mexes apparently played well together with Juan in Roma(?).

But after seeing his sloppiness and his mistakes during this season I'm not a bit surprised if the rumours about management wanting to get rid off him this summer are true. Actually it's kind of sad. He's one of the few "big name" signings we've made lately.

It's correct, Mexes and Juan were brilliant together in Spalletti's Roma, Mexes was actually better of the two. Though technically great talent, strong, great in the air, Mexes never became top defender because of his lacks of concentration at times, and lack of patience. At times Mexes is so lost that it seems he thinks he's the only player on the pitch and he will be the opponent team on his own.

Anyway, I will keep either him or Bonera, but lets be honest, we must buy a starting side-back. Nesta is only good to play rarely, and Mexes/Bonera/Yepes are not starting material.

(05-02-2012, 05:46 AM)WCmilan Wrote: i think the reason bonera was never sold is because like we saw this season, hes a back up CB, upon saying that he only plays when one of our main CBs is injured, sometimes he plays so good i cant even belive its him on the pitch, but sometimes he plays so bad he should be in seria b.. thats just bonera for you. for a back up CB, you cant hope for much. we musnt forget real madrid dont have great CBs either. raul albiol is average, i dont rate him higher then mexes but not lower either, id put them on the same level about. where as pepe is a good defender but he's no silva, the reason they have the advantage in defence is because they have good wingbacks, allowing sergio ramos to come into CB when he's needed, where i might also say he does a good job there as well. our problem is we have no wing backs, plain and simple. we couldn't try out abate at CB if hes fit because if we put anyone else RB theyll do a terrible job.. plus we don't have very versatile wingbacks, abates not a type arbeloa player that can do good both at RB or cb, arbeloa is average, if not good at both positions..

point of my post is we shouldn't be looking at cbs, we should keep mexes and buy a promising CB like ogbonna , and look into a better LB

I agree fully. Madrid have an atrocious CB pairing. I would rather have Bonera and Mexes as my CB pairing over Pepe and Ramos. I like Mexes, yes, he made a few screw up this year but he had had several good games as well. At Milan we always criticize defenders but we are not so quick to criticize our attackers, if our defence let one goal through we immediately crucify them but we are not as quick to blame our midfield and forwards. If we loose a game its always because of this or that defenders mistake that gave the opposition a goal and never because our attack couldn't score more than the opposition or the fact that our midfield couldn't maintain possession or protect the defence adequately. I mean blaming the defence for loosing a game 0-1 or 1-2 is not fair, I would rather blame the attack for being unnable to deliver....but thats just my opinion.

(05-01-2012, 08:22 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Apparently after the game against Barca there was an incedent between Allegri and Mexes. The latter was blamed for elimination from CL and afterward was dropped from the squad. Galliani supports Allegri's decisions regarding Mexes and is already looking for a new club the frenchmen.

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/251...lus-sur-mexes/

transference...Allegeri blaming Mexes. Yes, Mexes was to blame for the one goal, but overall, Barca were superior and deserved to go through. Screw Allegri, I will be quite pissed off with him if Mexes leaves at the end of the season.

LB DM CAM that would be my need list , add in Monty Traore /Keita.But who for the other 3 .I'd like Kolarov Ericksen M'villa..But realistic IDK honestly maybe We'll end up with a team like this...I hope not

-------------Abbiatti--------------
--Abate----Silvs--Acerbi/Mexes-----Nini
--------------Traore-------------------
-----Monty--------------------Noce
---------------Boateng---------------------
------Ibra-----Cassano/Pato/Binho/Ses

That will not cut it at all.In serie A or UCL
(05-01-2012, 03:11 PM)Gabriel426 Wrote: If it was my decision, I would sell both players, bc Mexes and Bonera are really bad, I mean I think any CB Milan played against the past few games are all better than Them.

that might be a bit harsh on them imo, but yeah, I think within the next few years both need to go. The only reason not to get rid of both now is it's difficult to replace both in one summer when there's a high chance of losing Yepes and Nesta too.

(05-01-2012, 05:45 PM)Hasan Rossonero Wrote: I think Silva will leave next summer.

What makes you think this?

(05-01-2012, 08:22 PM)ElMago99 Wrote: Apparently after the game against Barca there was an incedent between Allegri and Mexes. The latter was blamed for elimination from CL and afterward was dropped from the squad. Galliani supports Allegri's decisions regarding Mexes and is already looking for a new club the frenchmen.

http://www.rmcsport.fr/editorial/251...lus-sur-mexes/

Not sure that rumour completely makes sense. We played against Fiorentina after Barca and he played that match. Actually if there was a match where he deserves blame, it is Fiorentina where he was so bad it was unbelievable.

(05-01-2012, 09:37 PM)Kastriot Wrote: Don`t you think you are being to hard on Mexes. Even a costly one a mistake is a mistak, its human to make mistakes...he has been very solid for us this season...and it is not like we can afford to lose him???? i would keep him with both hands. With arsenal away game and barca home he was immense. Sorry DEV i really don`t agree with you putting Bonera and Mexes in the same line, to me its not even comparable how much better is Mexes to Bonera..

That's fair, it's your opinion. If we look at Bonera over the past 3 or so years, tbh he's been overall atrocious, making costly mistakes time and again (Udinese 4-4 last year is still a nightmare I struggle to forget) and prior to recently, I shared your opinion. That said, I'm really only interested at what they do at the moment, and both have generally remained fit and training regularly since the winter break. Since that period, if I'm honest both have had their positive moments (e.g. Barca first leg), but neither has been great. Thing is, while Bonera is at least tactically somewhat disciplined, Mexes just doesn't seem to position himself well during matches and this is really costly. Looking at this period, I'm not sure Mexes is actually better than Bonera as I previously believed.
(05-02-2012, 09:43 AM)Jay Crisp Wrote: LB DM CAM that would be my need list , add in Monty Traore /Keita.But who for the other 3 .I'd like Kolarov Ericksen M'villa..But realistic IDK honestly maybe We'll end up with a team like this...I hope not

-------------Abbiatti--------------
--Abate----Silvs--Acerbi/Mexes-----Nini
--------------Traore-------------------
-----Monty--------------------Noce
---------------Boateng---------------------
------Ibra-----Cassano/Pato/Binho/Ses

That will not cut it at all.In serie A or UCL

Are you sure Traore is DM? From what I've heard about him he's CM, attacking minded, that acts like AM at times.
I doubt we will get two good midfielders if Allegri stays. We will most probably get only Montolivo and some decent backups (like Traore). I believe he will try Muntari as DM.

(05-02-2012, 09:49 AM)ACMILAN1983 Wrote: That's fair, it's your opinion. If we look at Bonera over the past 3 or so years, tbh he's been overall atrocious, making costly mistakes time and again (Udinese 4-4 last year is still a nightmare I struggle to forget) and prior to recently, I shared your opinion. That said, I'm really only interested at what they do at the moment, and both have generally remained fit and training regularly since the winter break. Since that period, if I'm honest both have had their positive moments (e.g. Barca first leg), but neither has been great. Thing is, while Bonera is at least tactically somewhat disciplined, Mexes just doesn't seem to position himself well during matches and this is really costly. Looking at this period, I'm not sure Mexes is actually better than Bonera as I previously believed.

Actually, in Roma, Mexes was "good" for one single reason :
- Chivu was in a good form when he was his partner in the centre of the defence
- Juan was quite outstanding before being injured again and again, and Juan was the real defender of that team, not Mexes

When you watch Mexes in Milan, he has looked good with Thiago Silva or with Nesta, because these guys are better than him, give him advices/orders (about his position) ... They are leaders.

Once you put Mexes with a normal player, he suddenly looks a lot worse than what people could expect from him ...

Never did and never will convince me he's a good player for Milan ...
One should not speak ill of the dead.
So stop laughing at Juventus !