View Full Version : Another "oldie" but goodie!
Yes, I did suggest we oldtimers could start the ball rolling again by RE-introducing ourselves! I've never ever posted a presentation....
Wellllll....I was one of the first people to register here at MM, having found Jan's (the site owner) first site in July 98, Il Rossonere and the email list. Jan and I began to communicate and it eventually ended up that I was always his guinea ***--try this for me, how does that look?--or his advisor--what should I do, what do you think about htis idea?
I actually backed into AC Milan via the Italian National Team. In 1998...June of 98...my roomie and I were in France visiting a friend and we ended up watching as much of WC98 as we could on TV. Once home I traced Maldini back to AC Milan and that's all it took for me to become a Milan fan. I'm a fast learn, and wildly enthusiastic about something I love, so Jan soon had me talked into becoming a moderator here.:cool:
What else needs to be said in one of these? I live in the US, have DISH TV to get RAI International and my games. I'm an educator, a cat lover and a traveler, having been to Europe 5 times....twice just to go to Milan for games (and more)!! Have recently become a fan of Mexican rockers Mana, so you'll all be exposed to them as well! ;) :D And even more recently than that, I've become a fan of Chilean rockers La Ley! Got to meet them in July in Toronto, a bunch of really nice guys, fun to talk to! You shall be educated!
Can't think of anything else I need to say....
Yes Debs, Mana rules!! :D :cool:
How lucky u had the chance to go to Milan (for games and.... more!?!? :lala: )
Sometimes I think, it would be a great idea if you make a kind of presentation your famous room-mate, Debsy! ;)
Originally posted by Goirre
Yes Debs, Mana rules!! :D :cool:
How lucky u had the chance to go to Milan (for games and.... more!?!? :lala: )
You bet Mana rules!
Yes and more...practice...lunch at Milanello....tours of San Siro even as far as the catwalks....little stuff like that....:cool:
It's not many fans that admitted following Milan for such a short time Debs, I seen many saying they followed Milan since a couple of years before they where born. :D
One of the first registred? you where THE FIRST.
Rodriguez
11-02-2003, 04:23
Originally posted by kris
I seen many saying they followed Milan since a couple of years before they where born. :D
Well I've been a Milanista since my previous life as a snail!:stuckup:
Originally posted by Rodriguez
Well I've been a Milanista since my previous life as a snail!:stuckup:
How does it feel to have moved down one step in evolution? :D
Rodriguez
11-02-2003, 07:32
Originally posted by kris
How does it feel to have moved down one step in evolution? :D
Oh it feels wonderful, though I do miss having a home permanantly stuck to my back, and leaving a gooey trail everywhere I walk. :p
In something totally unrelated...who is Sander Kleinenberg??
Rodriguez
11-02-2003, 08:37
Originally posted by Debs
In something totally unrelated...who is Sander Kleinenberg??
He's a DJ from Holland. He's really good you know...amazing in fact. :cool: :D
Hey, look what I dug up, since someone suggested I post a presentation! I did one a long time ago!
Nice thread title :D but hey how many times have you been to TO? :eek: :tong:
Rezie, you'll notice I edited that very first post to update it just a bit!
My roomie and I used to go to Toronto a couple times a year tho, since you asked. Haven't been regulars there in a long time. :w200: :gonova: :gonova:
triniman
22-09-2004, 14:12
ok ok........let me introduce myself...as myslef......hahahaha
I was one of the first also to join the site....not as early as debs , but early enough for me to be in the 5 year group....
I have to admit i was born a liverpool fan, becuase everyone in my house was a liverpool ...and basically becuase at that time all we got was English league....But at the age of 11 i saw my first ac milan game...and the rest was history....for me seeing gullit on the ball with his dreadlocks basically sold it....the team played hard and was always enteraining.....thus i rebelled against my fa,ily and vowed forever milan...although liverpool will always have a place in my heart becuase of the likes of barnes & co.
Since that is has been all milan....i have followed then through think and thin and have watched every possible game i could....i found this site while at work one day surfing the net and well the rest is history i guess....I have always had a different view or stance and thus was labelled controversal...and i have no idea what inspired debs and the rest to make me a mod....but i thank them for it.....
never been to milan or europe for that sake.....but will soon after graduation... :)....
this is an interesting thread thanks to all ye "oldies" for making the forums what they are. it must be very fulfilling seeing the forum grow in size. i and im sure everyone else appreciates the work ye have put in especially debs to get the forums up and running
I wonder if Debs could find a thread from 1999 and continue it now... Some Bierhoff or Helveg bashing or something... :)
I wonder if Debs could find a thread from 1999 and continue it now... Some Bierhoff or Helveg bashing or something... :)
They where not bashed in -99, add 1-2 year tough... :D
Yes, I did suggest we oldtimers could start the ball rolling again by RE-introducing ourselves! I've never ever posted a presentation....
Wellllll....I was one of the first people to register here at MM, having found Jan's (the site owner) first site in July 98, Il Rossonere and the email list. Jan and I began to communicate and it eventually ended up that I was always his guinea ***--try this for me, how does that look?--or his advisor--what should I do, what do you think about htis idea?
I actually backed into AC Milan via the Italian National Team. In 1998...June of 98...my roomie and I were in France visiting a friend and we ended up watching as much of WC98 as we could on TV. Once home I traced Maldini back to AC Milan and that's all it took for me to become a Milan fan. I'm a fast learn, and wildly enthusiastic about something I love, so Jan soon had me talked into becoming a moderator here.:cool:
What else needs to be said in one of these? I live in the US, have DISH TV to get RAI International and my games. I'm an educator, a cat lover and a traveler, having been to Europe 5 times....twice just to go to Milan for games (and more)!! Have recently become a fan of Mexican rockers Mana, so you'll all be exposed to them as well! ;) :D And even more recently than that, I've become a fan of Chilean rockers La Ley! Got to meet them in July in Toronto, a bunch of really nice guys, fun to talk to! You shall be educated!
Can't think of anything else I need to say....
do u remember me from back then debs? i recall i used to buy tapes of games from you hehe. i was on that mailing list you are talking about here and i remember Jan talking in public about starting a milan website. I ended up making web banners and wallpapers for the original milanmania website. the first milanmania website had a (bad) pic of george weah on the frontpage hehe. and i even remember when debs came to the mailing list :)
ACMILAN1983
13-10-2004, 15:22
haha, that was a nice read "oldies" ;)
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.