View Full Version : Attending Milan matches
It looks like I will be in Europe from May 9th thru June 4th, traveling around Italy, Holland, Belgium etc. and I'd, of course, like to see a Milan match live. I am pretty sure that Milan play Brescia (I think its Brescia) on Sunday May 16th. So I have few questions to those who've attended a match before:
First if all, is this a home match (I am assuming, since I think we played Brescia at their place already)? Around what time in the day would the match be played?
How to get tickets? How much in general do tickets cost?
Easiest way to get to the San Siro (I assume I will be taking a train from Rome)?
Best seats to buy, without going totally broke?
Any halfway decent not terribly expensice hotels in the area?
Thanks for any help you all can give me in this matter. I would be pretty disappointed if I was Italy and didn't do everything I could to see Milan play a match live and in person.
RIO
Billy_Montreal
09-02-2004, 16:55
Giovanni is probably the best person to answer these questions: damn him ;)
Giovanni ...........
RIO: Don't forget your camera! We are counting on you to live vicariously through your experience at San Siro!
Giovanni
10-02-2004, 02:51
I will asnwer with many details very soon..
Hyai Heather.
How dare you travel to europe without noticing me first and without visiting the central "can't miss" place of Luleå, Sweden? :D
As for Milano, get a map with the metro and bus routes marked, with that you can't go wrong there. to make it better, you pay for tickets for one hour or one day (cheap) and can use that ticket for both the buses, metro and city trains. San Siro is located in the north-west part of Milano and the only way to get there (except walking) is by bus, there is many overcrowded buses going there.
As for match ticket prices, I would suggest you look at the official site, don't they have their online booking there still? Then you can check prices for the different sections. opinions differ on which places are the best.
Are you going to meet up with ... that communist colleberator in Belgium? ;):D
Giovanni
10-02-2004, 05:39
The closest metro stop is Lotto Station..from there u can catch a bus and go till San Siro.u will see many people still in the metro with scarfs and red and black stuffs..just seek them.
U can reach Lotto Station from the central line, from the Duomo for sure..
For tickets: it's better for u to find tickets before, but if u don't find them go in the San Siro area and u will find loads of them on the black market.
Anyway u can look for them at the Milan Points around Milano.
If u look for a quiet place, go in the second orange ring (secondo anello arancio)
If u look for a close view of our heroes..go to First ring (primo anello)..choose among green (not very cool, near away supporters as well, but u will take great pics of Curva Sud on the other side of the stadium), red (very expensive, u can see many vips, maybe u will be sitted near El Berluska), blue (just under the Curva Sud, great views and atmosphere from the near Curva)
If u wanna be in the heart of our supporters and maybe take part to coreography go to Second Blue Ring (secondo anello blu, or Sud)
The cheaper places are at third ring, but i suppose u want to see very well...anyway the best place at third ring is the Red Ring.
If u attend at some derby or important match, remember that it's an Italian costume to get into the stadium very early, at least one hour before the kick start, and in these important matches even 2/3 hours before (if u go to Curva Sud)
If u have other questions, ask.
Cheers
Originally posted by Giovanni
If u attend at some derby or important match, remember that it's an Italian costume to get into the stadium very early, at least one hour before the kick start, and in these important matches even 2/3 hours before (if u go to Curva Sud)
It is spelled custom :) if you where not talking about something to wear. ;)
Be in good time anyway, what takes time is to get there and I bet you would like to look around the little shops and food vendors around the stadium before the match. The lines to wait to go into the stadium is not that long and that part takes little or no time.
I got to see the serie A debut of Redondo, hopefully you will get to see something as exciting...
Or maybe I will go there and watch with you, I still have some plans to go down and see a game, depending on various circumstances.
Giovanni
10-02-2004, 07:00
Originally posted by kris
It is spelled custom :) if you where not talking about something to wear. ;)
yes, i confuse it because in Italian we use the same word for the usual behavior and for the thing u dress.
Thank you Giovanni. I will be working on planning the trip in the coming weeks and may yet ask a few more questions.
Kris, I'll go to Sweden next time. If you are going to be there in Milan, just let me know. By that point I will probably be happy to see someone I "know", since I am sure that my limited skill at Italian (learned from my grandmother, so it's all orders) won't get me far. And well, of course, I will probably be experiencing some Communist central planning hopefully. You know, if the boss central planner will show me around town. ;)
RIO
Giovanni
10-02-2004, 15:46
One question:where are u from?
Me, I'm from San Francisco, California, USA. My great grandparents were from Lucca and Bologna, though.
RIO
Have fun, Heather. Don't forget the camera for all the rest of the places you will be visiting. :)
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 16:15
Originally posted by RIO
My great grandparents were from Lucca and Bologna, though.
RIO
Can we speak in italian, lady?
:sun: :sun: :cheers:
My mom can, but mine is limited to simple phrases that my late grandmother used to yell at me like 'che commandaque!' :D However, I can read Italian pretty well with some effort. I will be working on it before I leave though, but I doubt I'll ever be able to understand Romans...;)
RIO
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 16:22
Heather quanti anni hai?:)
Much older than you, I am sure! You're not supposed to ask a lady her age...but needless to say, I was born long ago in the early 1970s. :)
RIO
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 16:36
Originally posted by RIO
You're not supposed to ask a lady her age...
:grinser: :grinser: :grinser: :grinser: :sun:
It was just practicing the language
As my grandmother always said, "The Piedmontese, they are handsome and speak charmingly, but you just cannot trust them!"
;) :D
RIO
Originally posted by Giovanni
:grinser: :grinser: :grinser: :grinser: :sun:
It was just practicing the language
I thought it should be Quanti anni fai?
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 18:00
Originally posted by RIO
As my grandmother always said, "The Piedmontese, they are handsome and speak charmingly, but you just cannot trust them!"
;) :D
RIO
I'm not piemontese, my parents are from South:cool: :rock3: :wave: :sun:
.......but u can't trust me as well:grinser: :grinser: :grinser:
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 18:05
Originally posted by Jeff
I thought it should be Quanti anni fai?
the difference (roughly) is:
quanti anni hai_ how old are u?
quanti anni fai_ how old do u get after your birthday?
Giovanni
13-02-2004, 18:15
Originally posted by RIO
my late grandmother used to yell at me like 'che commandaque!'
:confused: :eek: :eek: :confused: :confused:
sorry, what did your grandma yell to you?
ps. i'm in love with these two faces..i can say they represent perfectly myself------>:grinser: :grinser: :grinser: :sun: :sun: :sun:
Upon further discussion with my mother, I've had it spelled out wrong, it should be:
"Chi commanda qui, quello giovane o il vecchia?" :D
RIO
I've noticed that after 27 or 28, women become very vague about their age, even though that is still very young. Maybe it is so that you won't be able to catch them when they celebrate their birthdays multiple times, like 27+5, 27+6, etc... :D ;)
Giovanni
14-02-2004, 10:46
Originally posted by RIO
Upon further discussion with my mother, I've had it spelled out wrong, it should be:
"Chi commanda qui, quello giovane o il vecchia?" :D
RIO
Ah, i see
Since I just bought my ticket to and from Italy today, I thought of two important questions.
Since I assume this match will be Baggio's last game in Serie A, will that mean the tickets will be more expensive and harder to find?
What time would the match be played (roughly)? I want to know if I can just get to Milan from Rome that morning and go see the match, or will I have to get there on Saturday and pay for two nights in a hotel?
RIO
Giovanni
23-02-2004, 18:10
do u mean Milan-Brescia?
I don't think tickets will be more expensive, but how hard to find depends on how decisive and important will be that match..if the scudetto will be decided at last match san siro will be an hell
The match probably will be played by afternoon..if u take eurostar which is one of the quickest, u will need about 5 hours roughly
Iain Jenkins
23-03-2004, 05:52
Bit of a long shot maybe, but going to Milan for long weekend with wife and was hoping to take in the game versus Roma.
Any advice on chances of getting a ticket, where to get one, and what I should expect to pay will be gratefully received.
Thanks.
Giovanni
23-03-2004, 06:26
If u reach Milan some days before, it' s better to go to Milan Points or Cariplo banks.
I think the stadium will be full, but u have good chances to find tickets. Anyway it's better to buy them some days before,but in case u will be in mIlan just the day of the match or don't get to find some of them, u will find them on black market arounf the stadium..If u go early the day of the match (some hours before) u can find them at cheap costs (ex. a friend of mine found a milan parma ticket for curva sud at 20 euros)
Maybe if they see a foreigner expect they'll ask something more.
Don't be afraid to deal hard on the price.
Good chances anyway to find them.Rememebr the sectet to find them on black market is to go 3/4/5 hours before
Iain Jenkins
23-03-2004, 06:29
Thanks for that. Will be in Milan from the Friday as my wife has every intention of emptying my wallet and will need a few days to stock up. Will do as you suggest.
sehnsucht79
03-04-2004, 05:04
this is a page I got from Channel4's Football Italia, I hope this will help.
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/ticketinfo.html
There are various ways of getting tickets for a Serie A game. Many clubs sell advanced bookings on their official websites (see below), but for less prestigious matches you can buy tickets on the day at the stadium or in special kiosks in the city. Check newspaper ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’ on match day and it will tell you which tickets are still available and at what price.
If the game is sold out, then it is always possible to buy tickets from a tout outside the ground. Obviously this is always a risk, especially for the big name encounters, but if the match is not of popular interest then people regularly hire out their season tickets for one game. You give them the money and some form of identification and they give you the pass. You return it after the game where you will receive your ID back. It’s perhaps best to brush up on your Italian if you are going to go down this road.
Tickets range from £10-£20 for the Curva (the area behind the goals where the hardcore fans tend to set up), up to £80 for Distinti and Tribuna (the seats along the sides of the field). The tickets for the big games can cost more, but some clubs run special offers for children and even a discount if you are female (Cagliari and Parma). Don’t worry if your tickets show two non-consecutive numbers as they are in fact adjacent seats.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What time are the matches?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Serie A and B calendar is now staggered to spread between Friday and Monday, though the exact dates and times are not released by the Italian FA until around two weeks beforehand.
Most Serie A ties are played on Sunday afternoon at 3pm local time, though there are two evening games at 8.30pm, one on Saturday and one on Sunday, and a 6pm kick-off on the Saturday. The evening ties tend to be the biggest matches of the weekend, but also take European fixtures into account. For example, if Juventus are scheduled to play in the Champions’ League on Tuesday, their Serie A game will likely be brought forward to Saturday.
Serie B is not so easy to predict. One tie will be played on Friday evening at 8.45pm, another at the same kick-off time on Monday night. The remaining matches are at 8.30pm Saturday, although this tends to be restored to 3pm Sunday during the cold Winter months.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Club contacts (Channel 4 is not responsible for the content of third party sites)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not all clubs sell their tickets on-line, but most can be bought from companies www.ticketweb.it (Inter, Milan and international games – written in English) and http://www.ticketone.it (Lazio, Inter and Fiorentina, Reggina and Bari).
Juventus tickets can be bought online at the club’s official website http://juventusfc.listicket.it/index.php3?lang=EN (handy as the instructions are in English) or from a number of outlets in northern Italy. The Bianconeri website gives you a list of the closest ticket offices at http://juventus.informadove.it/ita/localizza.asp. The first drop-down menu asks you for the city you are in, the second for the street you are located in. This site http://www.listicket.it/index.php3?lang=EN will also give you details on where to buy tickets for Roma, Lazio, Lecce, Ascoli, Torino and Fiorentina games. Some fan clubs (like Juventus Club Londra at http://www.juventus.co.uk ) can also get you tickets to games from Britain.
Inter sell tickets for their games on the official website, which has an English language section here http://www.inter.it/en/biglietti/acquista.html. It also provides a list of 400 outlets around Italy.
Milan’s official website provides details of their games at the San Siro on http://www.bestticket.it/newbt/default.asp?shop_id=milan.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel Packages
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you would prefer to go through an agency you can get travel packages and sometimes just the tickets from the following companies.
Italiatour Tel. 01883 625222
Matchdays.com http://www.matchdays.com Tel. 0161 4911999
Liaisons Abroad http://www.liaisonsabroad.com
Fanfare Events http://www.fanfare-events.com Tel. 0161 4370002
BAC sport http://www.bacsport.co.uk
Mission Impossible http://www.mission-impossible.co.uk
Giovanni
03-04-2004, 07:37
excellent job sehnsucht79
sehnsucht79
03-04-2004, 09:50
Grazie. I see that you're a Daft Punk fan too? ;)
Giovanni
03-04-2004, 11:32
Originally posted by sehnsucht79
Grazie. I see that you're a Daft Punk fan too? ;)
yes, but not properly a fan, more a lover of electronic music in (almost )all its expressions
pieroni12345
06-04-2004, 06:27
hello...
when are tickets AVAILABLE for milan-roma ?? which is the first day the sell those tickets
thank you
Giovanni
06-04-2004, 09:19
Originally posted by pieroni12345
hello...
when are tickets AVAILABLE for milan-roma ?? which is the first day the sell those tickets
thank you
don't know it'll be a sold out for sure, but will find surely tickets at those damn scalpers
I´m flying down aswell from Sweden, can´t miss this game! My question about the game is more when it is set to be played. Is it settled that the game will be played on the 2 of May (Sunday) and if so what time during the day or the evening? Could it for instance be moved to the Saturday if Milan advances in CL etc?
Forza Maldini
07-04-2004, 09:25
Got mine from www.bestticket.it before Christmas, last time I checked, about 3 weeks ago, there were still some tickets left. There is an English version available and it is all pretty straightforward!
sehnsucht79
08-04-2004, 03:23
Advice : Don't be stupid enough to sit on the Roma's side of Curva with a Milan scarf/jersey. Dangerously risky :D
savicevic10
09-04-2004, 21:42
I have a question. I'm back in England for the summer and would like to take in a pre season game in Italy before I head back to the US for when my semester starts.
I'm thinking of going to the Trofeo Tim or the Berlusconi trophy. Which would you go to?
I pretty much know how the Milan-Juve Berlusconi trophy goes but what about the Trofeo Tim? Did anyone see it last year either on televison or live? I know the format of it and I figure I'll get to see three of the biggest teams in Italy and a whole host of their players but is it a waste of time, you think?
Brad_Weslake
13-04-2004, 07:56
Hi everyone,
I am lucky enough to be visiting Italy (from Sydney, Australia) just in time to catch the AC Milan - Brescia game at the San Siro on May 16. I'll be travelling via Rome and Venice and will not arrive in Milan until matchday. My questions are:
1. Is it possible to buy tickets anywhere in Rome or Venice beforehand for this game?
2. If I have to buy from scalpers, what are reasonable prices to pay for this game, assuming it isn't crucial to the outcome of the season?
3. What time is kick-off, and are the date and time of the game locked in?
Cheers,
Brad.
Giovanni
13-04-2004, 08:03
1_Just in Milano or Roma but in Roma just for Romanisti section usually
2_It must be possible even if scalpers' market is not a 100% sure thing..i mean, it depends on how many tickets and in which moment u buy them
3_ the kick off must be at 15 pm but i'm not sure
Brad_Weslake
13-04-2004, 08:09
Thanks Giovanni,
I'll only be after the one ticket for myself, so it shouldn't be too hard to find a good one.
Brad.
Offsides
02-05-2004, 02:57
Hi everybody!
I have been reading these forums since 99, but this is my first post.
Like Rio, I will at Milan too when the Milan- Brescia match will be played. I checked the www.bestticket.it sites and they say its full. Do they still sell tickets somewhere to that game? I don't mean black market. I would die to get tickets. :) Rio, have you already bought ticket?
Thanks already. Sorry for the bad english. :)
Originally posted by Offsides
Hi everybody!
I have been reading these forums since 99, but this is my first post.
well, welcome to MilanMania buddy :cool:
you come just in time, we are about to celebrate another Scudetto ;)
Milan-Brescia seems to be sold out ... oh well :depress:
Hope the people who are going enjoy themselves and grab me a bit of the san siro pitch or something :D
Red Star
03-05-2004, 10:55
Me and a friend of mine also wanted to go to the Brescia match (since Milano is about 7 hours away from my city), but bestticket.it says the game is sold out:confused: Or do they just mean that the tickets they (bestticket.it) have are sold out? Because i don't believe that ALL the tickets have been sold yet?
Giovanni....is there a possibility to buy tickets in the city of Trieste?....this is the biggest Italian city near my location.
Maybe you could buy us the tickets, Giovanni....I would pay you additional 7euros per tickett:D
I have found other sites that say they have tickets for sale .... BUT the sites don't look completely trustworthy and once you buy, you can't get a refund.
Sooooo ... i think i missed out this time. Would have been nice to see Baggio's last game aswell as the obvious celebrations for Milan.
dammit :(
Giovanni
05-07-2004, 18:06
jim i sold the season ticket for 50 euros and 2 other ones for 80 each one for milan-brescia. i've paid a new season ticket with one match :)
Hey, guys I was just wondering about racism at football matches. Iv heard many things about the Lazio and Roma fans who even used to call their own player,Cafu a monkey. :finger:However I have never heard anything like this about the northen clubs towards the players. I also heard Thuram claiming this is why he went to Juve. How are coloured fans treated at the games. Judging from the way the players are abused in Rome, i cant imagine the fans being left in peace, but how is it at the milan games. Is it different for say black, arab, indian supporters. Is it safe. :dontkn:
Hi everyone - joined this forum today so looking forward to lots of good Milan chat!
Anyway, I'm an English guy who's looking to go to an AC Milan match this coming December (we've just started going to European matches as a great way of taking a couple of holidays a year that link in with our love of football!), and I was wondering how easy it would be to get tickets for a match? We saw Real Madrid for their last match of the season in May, and that was really easy to get tickets - in fact we just walked in on the door. That said, they hardly had a very good season...
So, are tickets expensive if bought 'outside' the ground, do games sell-out whatever the opposition? Any help from you good people would be really appreciated!
Giovanni
19-07-2004, 09:34
Hi ck the tickets' quest is not that difficult, as the scalpers sell plenty of them outside the stadium.
Like i stated previously, it depends on the match, so the more the match is important, the more you'll have to look for them in advance.Maybe a couple of days before or the day before the match..that said, i know loads of people who bought them the day of the match.
The choices are multiple to have a good sight or to feel the passion of our curva, our end in the second blue ring (it's called secondo anello sud_ second ring south)...
i will give you more info if you ask
wils6000
20-07-2004, 04:02
You can get tickets from bestticket - they have a link on the official ac milan website - i bought tickets from them from them for last seasons final game - baggio's farewell and title celebrations - wicked day !!!!!!!
anyway , these go online after fixtures are anounced- most games are on there except the Inter and Juve games-
i sat in 2nd ring orange- but was right next to the curva - without actually being in it - looks a crazy but briliant place to be!!!!!
i collected tickets from milan ticket office on matchday - about 2 hours before game - no problems - they dont post them outside of italy for some reason -
you can get tickets on the site for all parts of the ground - but you cannot specify row, seat or any preference - so i bought 2nd annello orange but could have been anywhere in 2nd Ring orange- they must a have allocated areas that they have tickets in - but this at least guarentees a ticket for the game !!!!!
hope this helps
Giovanni
20-07-2004, 11:54
was right next to the curva - without actually being in it - looks a crazy but briliant place to be!!!!!
:rock3: :rock3: :rock3: :rock3:
:firedev: :firedev: :firedev: :firedev:
Hi wils6000 & Giovanni,
Thanks for your feedback - excellent advice that I'm sure will come in useful! Just one question though: If we end up getting tickets from a tout outside the ground (and assuming we're not looking at 'big' match, if you know what I mean), what sort of price would be fair? Wouldn't want to get ripped off if possible!
Cheers
CK
Giovanni
22-07-2004, 11:31
the official prices for a second ring CURVA SUD ticket is 25 euros, for third ring is 15 everywhere, it doesn't matter which colour..so 30/40 euros max...no more than 50 if the match is important, for those places..
For the Baggio's farewell scalpers sold averagely a third ring for 50 euros max., a curva sud for 60..but you have to wait, because the more the game is about to begin, the more the prices get cheaper. Sometimes it's not, because the lack of tickets make them getting more expensive due to the increasing lack of 'em.
If you can, find a reliable italian person to deal, because they usually sell tickets at higher prices for foreigners
i wanna point out i'm not actually an expert about these prices, so i don't know exactly which would be the fair price in that place or in another one..but i can tell you that the price, as you can imagine, can depend by many factors.
Gabrielle
25-07-2004, 12:16
Hey, guys I was just wondering about racism at football matches. Iv heard many things about the Lazio and Roma fans who even used to call their own player,Cafu a monkey. :finger:However I have never heard anything like this about the northen clubs towards the players. I also heard Thuram claiming this is why he went to Juve. How are coloured fans treated at the games. Judging from the way the players are abused in Rome, i cant imagine the fans being left in peace, but how is it at the milan games. Is it different for say black, arab, indian supporters. Is it safe. :dontkn:
Gio, u miss answering this one? hehe...
About Lazio and Roma fans behaviour I have no comment coz I've never been there myself,like u, I know of their 'racist' bahaviour from the media.
I get to go and experience Milan's match against Brescia last May though(Paid 80 euros for the orange ring!!).I'm half Arab and I wore a head scarf like any other Moslem girls do...I didn't get any abuse or threat from fans of either side. In fact the Milan fans are very helpful and nice...ah well, Brescia's fans too!Went to the stadium with a Baggio fan whom my friend get to know at the Rigamonti stadium and went into San Siro with 4 other Baggio fans from Switzerland (one of them speak Italian and help me, my cousin and friend a lot to get tickets and get around the stadium).The Milan fans who sat beside me in the stadium was very nice too. At one time when both team were far from their respective goal post, almost the whole stadium was cheering. That being my 1st time in San Siro, I was wondering why on earth are they cheering! The guy beside me who was laughing turn to me and said "Inter is losing!" while pointing at the score board (which was showing other Serie A matches temporary result and Inter was 1-0 down) :howler: All and all I had an enjoyable time there!Thanks to Baggio,Milan and the wonderful fans from both teams!:D
Giovanni
26-07-2004, 04:44
Gio, u miss answering this one? hehe...
About Lazio and Roma fans behaviour I have no comment coz I've never been there myself,like u, I know of their 'racist' bahaviour from the media.
I get to go and experience Milan's match against Brescia last May though(Paid 80 euros for the orange ring!!).I'm half Arab and I wore a head scarf like any other Moslem girls do...I didn't get any abuse or threat from fans of either side. In fact the Milan fans are very helpful and nice...ah well, Brescia's fans too!Went to the stadium with a Baggio fan whom my friend get to know at the Rigamonti stadium and went into San Siro with 4 other Baggio fans from Switzerland (one of them speak Italian and help me, my cousin and friend a lot to get tickets and get around the stadium).The Milan fans who sat beside me in the stadium was very nice too. At one time when both team were far from their respective goal post, almost the whole stadium was cheering. That being my 1st time in San Siro, I was wondering why on earth are they cheering! The guy beside me who was laughing turn to me and said "Inter is losing!" while pointing at the score board (which was showing other Serie A matches temporary result and Inter was 1-0 down) :howler: All and all I had an enjoyable time there!Thanks to Baggio,Milan and the wonderful fans from both teams!:D
ahhaha quite nice story! this year we got to cheer a lot cause inter has been crap, but actually i can't imagine which was the delirium while inter was losing 4-2 with Lazio at 5th of May.
Remember people cheering as a goal had been scored when Udinese equalised 1-1 with Roma, with that late goal of Jankulovsky :zany:
The fact about Milan supporters is that basically they are leftwing politically speaking; in facts, such a huge club has fans from every faith, party, and political belief, but if i have to say which is the political group that maybe would have the vote from members of the Curva, i'd say leftwing parties.
That's why Milan fans are not used to have fascist groups inside the Curva. But let's not say all the Lazio fans are racist etc..that's not true..They just have a majority of extreme rightwing groups.
I believe politics are going to fade away from football..people wants to enjoy the game, not to go to the stadium to support a political faction
Hum great, thanks Gabrielle and Giovanni for the info. :clap: Gabrielle, I dont think you could have chosen a better Milan match to go to :diablo: now Im gonna have to try and persuade a couple of my friends who are all Man u or Liverpool fans to go and see the best team in the world :respect:
Recently I read from the AC Milan Official Site that Milan's season ticket holders are increasing. May I know what is 'season ticket'? What does it do? Please let me know. Thanks :) :)
A season ticket is a book of tickets for all milan home games aswel as Champions League I think. they are very expensive, but considering you get tickets for all milan games not really.
Giovanni
26-07-2004, 14:22
A season ticket is a book of tickets for all milan home games aswel as Champions League I think. they are very expensive, but considering you get tickets for all milan games not really.
this year the season ticket includes 2 matches more , as we have passed to 20 teams league, but the price is still the same.
anyway, season ticket is always convenient, as you can always sell some matches as it's a ssimple ticket.
Last year i celebrated after Milan-Roma, then before the Milan- Brescia match i sold my season ticket (i couldn't go that time, and having hugely celebrated 2 weeks before it's wasn't a bad miss) and a couple more for 50 euros the first and 80 euro the others_ total: 210 euro. With such hype for that match i paid a new one in Curva Sud for 180 euro this season.
derekhski
16-08-2004, 17:50
Speaking from some recent experience of seeing Milan at the San Sari, over the last 2 seasons, 3 champion league matches, including the semi's 2nd leg against Inter, on our way to the Final in 03!!!!! Plus the Brugge loss in 04, unfortunate :( I have found that getting tickets at the New Milan Point store works great. Not only can you visit the team store (expensive), but see some history and memorabilia and they have a ticket outlet. Which, if they are sold out, there has been two or three people available to sell tickets. Everytime, I have stopped in first at Milan, before traveling for two or three days, and then returning for the game, this I have found nicer than buying the day of the game. I like knowing that I have a ticket. It's easy to exit Milan to the Riviera, or Tuscany and then arrive back for a game night. Coming from the NorthWest US, flights arrive early morning into Malpensa, jump the Airport train into town, you can drop your bags at the one the the train station lockers, or bagage dept. Run out to the Milan store, get your ticket, or tickets, then hip te Doumo area and book a hotel for the night of the game inadvance, Prepay (get a receipt). Then take an afternoon train to some place like Vernassa on the coast for two or three days. I due lack the ability to barter in Italian, and have found that by carring a small note pad and pen, you can exchange offers two, three even four times, plus the walk away does draw the ticket boy's after you..... I have paid as low as 10 over the ticket value, and as high as 150 Euro's (semi finals). At the same time, I have gtten third teir seats, two and three days before the game, at 14.00 E's, they are a deal, but you are a bit high up....
Still I have found the higher seats more enjoyable, and less rowdy. My Semi's ticket the the Milan Club zone on the 2nd teir, this was crazy, crazy crazy. Watch ton's of people opening climb the fence between tier three and two, and decide to climb out vs. in..... The wall high, and the plexy glass slick, but it can be done, and there are alomost always seats, to sit in vs. standing...... I have had just the greatest of times seeing Milan over the last three years, the San Sari is a great stadium, no matter where you end up sitting, standing or just move about. Its a short subway ride from the Doumo, which there are ton's of ecomomy hotels near (any budget guide book will list plenty), get off at teh Lotto stop, and either walk, or catch one of the free buses. You can arrive 1,2 or 3 hours in advance, I have found that 1 hour is plenty of time. Lines are small and fast, and there are tons of boths outside the stadium to get souvineers at, and cheap!! 10-15 E's a jershey. Keep in mind taht almst all Series A games re on the weekend, Sundays and all Champion league games are Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Just look then up in advance and make your travel plans around the game or games you want to see. Lat year, I flew in and out of Frankfurt to visit family in germany. We arrived on a Friday morning, caught a Bundeslegue game on Sat. Byern vs. Burrussia M'Glad then both the Juve-Real Socdad on Tuesday, Milan-Brugge game Wednesday, another Bundesligue Sat. afternoon game (Bremen-Freiburg), plus Strausbourg-Metz (French ligue 1) just over the border on Sat evening. Yes, It was a futball vacation, but when you have so little oppurtunity to see Great Futball in the US, you take advantage of being in the Heart of it all.
I hope that this rambling includes a little helpful information. Forza Milan!!!
Hi ho has video from milan-lazio?
plz send me to my mail At
[email protected]
Milan rules :respect:
has anyone ever watched a milan match that has not been in the san siro?
cos i will be in italy in sep, (YEAH!!!! :rock3: :rock3: ) and i will be able to catch at least 2 matches... one at home to Messina and the other away to Lazio.. :grinser: :grinser: :grinser:
any idea how to buy tickets for the away matches??
n i cant seem to get tickets for the home match on the official website as well.. are they not up for sale yet?
anyone who will be in rome and going to watch the match?? :cool:
Giovanni
01-09-2004, 18:36
i write this to clear up what i wrote above, cause some fellows have asked me about the season ticket system at san siro, and the chance to sell tickets of some matches:
i just sold the last match, and even if i sold other matches , it has been with friends of a friend of mine, so the season ticket, which is a magnetic card at san siro, would've returned me for sure.
We cannot take tickets out of books! i sold it very well cause ity was the last Baggio match and the celebration of the scudetto, so the prices where crazy.
It's possible to sell single matches just with friends of friends, because they can send you the card back, and in my personal situation it has been a coincidence of situations: the last baggio match, the celebrations of the scudetto (the nicest were the sunday of Milan-Roma, so i missed easily the jokers of Galliani the sunday of Milan-Brescia, the fact i had to study very hard, the chance to buy a new one season ticket)
That's to clear up the previous posts
Giovanni
02-09-2004, 06:07
Milan v Barcelona tickets Oct 20.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone.
Myself and a couple of friends have set our hearts on coming over from England to see this match and are currently trying to find out the best way to purchase some tickets.
We have contacted a ticket agency in the UK and they have quoted us a range of prices which are as follows; 1st Ring (East) - £210, 1st Ring (North & South)/2nd Ring (West & East) - £160, 3rd Ring - £115. All of these prices apparently include tax and delivery charges amongst other things.
Now we have never been to the San Siro before and have no idea whether or not these prices are overly expensive. We would really appreciate it if someone could help us here. We do understand that for a game such as this the tickets are going to be expensive but we just want to make sure before we buy.
If these prices do appear to be too expensive would we, as non-Italian residents, be able to purchase tickets directly from the club's official website?? If we can, does anyone know when they will go on sale and if we would have a realistic chance of getting any???
I apologise for bombarding you all with so many questions but we really would like some independent advice from football fans like yourselves as opposed to ticket agents who want to steal our money.
Thanks and good luck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
answer:
Overly expensive. a second ring blue (south, but north as well) for serie a costs 25 euros; the CL matches have roughly the same prices.
You can come to Milano and find it from scalpers outside the stadium, it's much less expensive than that. Obviously it's risky, because you leave to a country without tickets. Well, probably Milan-Barcelona will be a sold out, so if you take the tickets before it's better, but those prices are inflated (supposed those are pounds!!!!) IT'S A CRAZY PRICE, BELIEVE ME. Even if you find the worst scalper , you can save the 50% of that amount ( for a second ring east, the orange section, you can find them max at 100 euros, and the match from there is amazing)
The official site doesn't sell tickets, but i suppose there are more efficient, and cheaper services on line, where i can't help you, because i've never bought them from the net, living in Italy.
I remeber a Milan- Barcelona of some years ago, the tickets were sold out some days before the match , purchasing them from banks; but that's just the official way, the black market around the stadium is almost every match up. Don't give up suddenly, ask many of them, if the deal is done by an italian is better, because they tend to overprice tickets for foreigners (once come from abroad you are keen on paying more to see the match) and ask many of them. Try to say the other made better prices and come to the stadium time before; in Italy people fill the stadium two hours before, in the end's even from middle afternoon!
derekhski
02-09-2004, 15:27
Huiying, Lazio tickets are sold on line at http://www.listicket.it along with a lot of the other Series A teams (available in English). Also, there are almost always tickets being sold the day of the game from various individuals.
For the home game at the SanSari, go to the ticket office at the NewMilanPoint store.. if they are sold out, there will be someone other than the offical sales both to sell you a ticket. Just make sure you barter them down. Good Luck
anyone know when tickets go on sale for Celtic v Milan? Its gonna be very difficult to get tickets and I would really love to go!!! ive tried celtic website but found nothing.
Also I would just like to ask what its like to go to the San Siro? I have every intention of coming over next year, would just love to know what it is like, the atmosphere, the flares, the fans that run and shake the gates when a goal is scored, the flags, everything about it just looks fantastic!!!!!
I wouldnt recommend getting any seats in the Curva Sud. Even if you pull that feat off, thats a special turf for them and to be honest, dont be surprised if your seat is taken and that occupant is unwilling to move. It's a matter of respect that one has to recognize that its their area. I dont blame them for it either. They're the most devout fans sitting there and they go through a lot of hard work planning the choreography and all.
To tell you the truth any part of the stadium below the third tier is suprisingly very nice to watch them play.
FORZA MILAN!
Giovanni
02-10-2004, 06:06
I wouldnt recommend getting any seats in the Curva Sud. Even if you pull that feat off, thats a special turf for them and to be honest, dont be surprised if your seat is taken and that occupant is unwilling to move. It's a matter of respect that one has to recognize that its their area. I dont blame them for it either. They're the most devout fans sitting there and they go through a lot of hard work planning the choreography and all.
To tell you the truth any part of the stadium below the third tier is suprisingly very nice to watch them play.
FORZA MILAN!
you 're right but the rule there is different: who comes first takes the sit, except in Brigate and Fossa where you can't stay there whether you have the tickets or not, unless you want to get into arguments with giants and get hammered .There you must be INVITED.
The second problem in Curva is to take the sits in advance: you must come very early because people "book" 10-15 sits for their group, as we do us as well, so if you come late, like me on Milan-Celtic, you can struggle to find even a couple of sits.
i was finally able to catch a match @ San Siro after dreaming about it for like 10 years!!!! :1ole:
Although it pains me to say that i was at a losing match (the one against Messina), it was still a fabulous experience for me!!!
:3band::3band::3band:
Well, wat can i say about my experience, hmmm... i was sitting in the 1st ring of the orange section, 2nd row.. n well, the action was certainly up close and personal.. haha.. :grinser: :grinser: (i took lots of photos, they arent veri clear but well, if u r interested, can take a look at this url: http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EesOWThs3ct ) :dcool:
The Curva Sud looks like a really interesting place to be in.. and all the songs.. wow!!! :wow: words couldn't describe how i felt.. i was just so overwhelmed by everything.. really felt envious of all the fans who can go watch matches all the time.. wish i lived in milan!!
n i tell u, the most dumb n stupid thing happened: i FORGOT to take a picture of myself @ San Siro!!!!!! :v46: guess i was too excited about being there, and it totally slipped my mind.. :stupid:
Totally great experience, and i can only imagine how it must be like at major matches.. :pp20: :pp20: every milan fan shld really try to go at least once in their lifetime.. :rone: :rone:
Giovanni
04-10-2004, 15:52
i took almost the same pic with san siro @ night in the same match..we had the same thought! :)
n i was wondering to myself if u were gonna be at San Siro tat night.. :rotfl: maybe i passed u n didn't know it.. haha.. :howler:
hope u dun mind me being curious but how do u get home after the match? u don't live in Milan rite?
Giovanni
05-10-2004, 06:30
n i was wondering to myself if u were gonna be at San Siro tat night.. :rotfl: maybe i passed u n didn't know it.. haha.. :howler:
hope u dun mind me being curious but how do u get home after the match? u don't live in Milan rite?
maybe! but i escape from the stadium through other gates than the orange section ones. did you esc in a narrow street? the orange gates are there. i came out from the other part
sometimes by car with friends, basically when i have to come to the stadium early for big clashes, as the curva is full 2 hours before the start kick in these matches, but more often by bus with the milan club, who organises buses to go to milano.
:3band:
maybe! but i escape from the stadium through other gates than the orange section ones. did you esc in a narrow street? the orange gates are there. i came out from the other part
sometimes by car with friends, basically when i have to come to the stadium early for big clashes, as the curva is full 2 hours before the start kick in these matches, but more often by bus with the milan club, who organises buses to go to milano.
i came out near the milan store.. n lingered around for a while, buying stuff from the stalls there.. :rone:
so by the time u get back home, its already quite late rite? U are so lucky!! can go watch the matches as and when u like, wish i could!!!!
Hey guys!!
I am going to be in Milan for the weekend of 22-24 October, and I would love to go to the Milan-Inter game. :w155: However, I haven't been able to find any tickets online. Is it sold out?
Will I be able to buy tickets from the stadium on the Friday? Or from a tout before the game? How much would they cost?
Cheers!!!!!!!!!!!
Giovanni
12-10-2004, 16:04
it depends on where you will sit.
anyway the prices for derbies are roughly 50 euros more than the normal price if you ask touts
One question:where are u from?acmilan the best
I have never been to a european football match and just have a few questions. How are non-Italian fans(mainly Americans) treated at the games? Now I go to college in new orleans and go to our american football games and I am a fairly roudy and loud fan, but how do the fans at the matches act? And is there some sort of etiquette at the matches?
Giovanni
28-10-2004, 05:10
I have never been to a european football match and just have a few questions. How are non-Italian fans(mainly Americans) treated at the games? Now I go to college in new orleans and go to our american football games and I am a fairly roudy and loud fan, but how do the fans at the matches act? And is there some sort of etiquette at the matches?
i don't know..they are threated like anybody else.
no etiquette ..swear as much as you want..if you are loud enough you can reach the curva sud, but that means you have to come there 2 hours before the match and find a seat which is not "booked" by the ultras..it works like this: the crowd of our end called curva in italian go at the opening of the gates, then we go into the second tier and with cellotape we take the sits..those ones are "booked", unless you come there for the opening of the game which is roughly at 1730 when the match is at 2030..if you arrive later on, the later you get in the harder you'll struggle to find a sit. That said, once you find you place, there are no rules there, instead if you don't sing (being italian-it's not supposed that foreigners must sing in italian) the speakers bash the people if they don't sing.
There isn't an etiquette at all, instead the only rule is there aren't rules..so you can smoke smelly plants as well as drink alcohol brought with you ( no glass inside the stadia -better to put into a plastic bottle) and be loud and free your ultras soul as much as you want
:3band:
I have never been to a european football match and just have a few questions. How are non-Italian fans(mainly Americans) treated at the games? And is there some sort of etiquette at the matches?
I've been to 2 games and never had any problems, altho I don't sit near the ultras. I always noticed that the fans around my friend and I thought it was pretty cool we were Americans and were cheering as loudly as we could for Milan and were of course worshipping with them every time Maldini did anything. :w221: I think the only etiquette is that if you're among Milan fans then you are supporting the team.
RangersBluenose
29-10-2004, 13:56
Hey guys, this is a great thread - it has been a good help to me whilst planning to come over to Milano to watch a match!
I'm from Glasgow and i'm coming over with friends next week to pay a pilgrimage to my hero Rino Gattuso :cool: and watch Milan v Roma.
I've always followed Milan from afar, although Rangers are my number one side. We've shared some great players - Mark Hateley, Ray Wilkins, Brian Laudrup and of course Rino Gattuso, and this will be the first time i've had the honour of visiting the San Siro and watching the Rossonerre.
I've been to Delle Alpi and Ennio Tardini before so it will be nice to visit a proper Palace for Football. :hopefull:
I understand tickets are sold out, so i am going to have to try and get tickets from the touts. Can anyone help me with advice as to what i should expect to pay?
Has this match been moved for Television coverage?
Any help or assistance is kindly appreciated.
Forza Rangers!
Forza Rossonerre!
Giovanni
29-10-2004, 14:18
you will find tickets easily..what to expect? 40 euros for a orange central tribune at touts seems not impossible(second tier), be careful there are many fakes around, i will scan a real ticket or maybe a couple because there are two different stamps both official with colours so you and whoever will come after you won't be fooled.
it's pretty easy to find a ticket even for milan roma--if there were some for the derby you should get this one for sure, even because the roma team is less powerful so it's not a top table match..still there probably will be a sold out- i will tell you more tomorrow
DannyMilan
01-11-2004, 13:41
Were coming to Milan for the Champions League match on November 24 but dont have any match tickets. How do we go about buying 2 tickets and where can we buy them from?
Many Thanks in advance
This will be my second visit to my second home, last time we got tickets through bestticket but they dont allow us to buy for champions league nights.
Giovanni
01-11-2004, 15:08
find them in the city at milan points or touts, prices will be low or average and at best there will be 60 000 persons at san siro:it depends even if we r already qualified for the next stage
Hm... didnt see this post before, when i tried to find tickets for Milan - Barcelona match. Well, i got it from some german agency, which is specialized in milan tours (i can find a link if anyone wants it) So we called there and reserved 4 tickets through phone/email. They only had 2 tickets, but were kind enough to find 2 more in nearby area. The price was 100€/ticket (is this overrated?), we seated on the right side of curva, 12th row in the exact middle. I had whole pitch in front of me and it was great.
We got there by car (from slovenia), 4-5 hours of driving. It was our first time in milano and we found stadion in a minute, no searching. We even had the time to take the train to dome (amazing, the valley with the roof rocks :)) Oh yea, i forgot to mention we knew like 5 italian words. But people were really nice, they were always directing us and tried to help the best they can (when we were searching for a nearest train station to dome, and when we were didnt know where to get tickets for train - luckily, those had english instructions on back side :)) And even though my sister was in barca shirt ;)
Ok, so just in case anyone else would want to know...
We got the tickets from THIS PAGE (http://www.fussballreisen-italien.de/english/milan.htm) , and here you can se where u can sit and for which match they sell tickets. We contacted them by email, but you can call them too, i think they speak english. Tickets were paid a week before the match with the credit card, we got them in front of the 'museum entrance' one hour before the start of the match. With the ticket you also get free entrance to the inter/milan museum (which is cool to see, but far from barcelona's one), and u can go shopping in official store nearby. We had 2 female guides and they took us to the seats. If u need anything, want to ask anything, she is there for u :) We even got her phone number and called her, because she was 5mins late and we were nervous about the tickets as hell. Btw, we met 2 scotts in the museum who got the tickets the same way and it was nice talking to them...
One funny thing... my friend smokes, and the 'gatekeeper' (or whatever the man who searches u is) threw away his lighter, since this game was one day after the lighter-in-the-referee's-head incident happened. Our guide saw this, and when we went to museum, she went out to pick it from the ground and brought it inside. You can tell how pleased my friend was...
Sorry for my broken english :)
AC-GIOFFRE
05-12-2004, 21:29
I am planning to go to the game against Juventus in May. I am from Australia. Is it possible to get those tickets online.
Is it safe to travel to Milan on your own and go to the game on your own.
Giovanni
06-12-2004, 04:44
I am planning to go to the game against Juventus in May. I am from Australia. Is it possible to get those tickets online.
Is it safe to travel to Milan on your own and go to the game on your own.
what do you mean for "safe"?
Gabrielle
06-12-2004, 14:02
Is it safe to travel to Milan on your own and go to the game on your own.
It\s worth the risk :u56: :u56: :u56:
what do you mean for "safe"?
He means is he going to get mugged or shot by crazed Italians? :hammer:
Of course, he's talking about the Juventini, not the nice people in Milano. ;)
Giovanni
06-12-2004, 18:30
Milano is a stilish and civilised city, what do you expect? Pirates and thieves at every corner?
It's not dangerous, once i slept in the msot dangerous part of the city, such as the station cause i missed the last train and didn't have the slightest problem, although the people around me wasn't the best around..probably because i look more mafioso than them though :cool: :D
I don't think safety is a problem at all in Milano.Last year I went to Udinese game in late December.Unfortunately,public transport workers were on strike that day and it wasn't easy to get to San Siro.I took a cab to the stadium from central train station and it was OK.But my troubles started on the way back after the game.It was impossible to find a cab so I had to go all the way to city center.It was a 2 hours journey through parks,botanic gardens,galleries,crossing freeway,wide streets nad I never felt unsafe.The worst situation was in one park where people walk their dogs and one of the dogs started barking at me with no reason.
And yes,people in Milano are very kind.Quite a few struggle with their English but you can see they are trying to help.
tonoppa09
23-12-2004, 04:08
Hello everybody! I'm a new registered user from Finland!
I'm interested to know how to get 2 tickets to the UCL match between Milan and Manchester United which will be played 8th March 2005 in Milan. We are coming to Italy ONLY to see the UCL games in Milan and in Torino. Can anyone please advice me how to get the tickets in advance?
When they start selling the tickets? I know that at least bestticket.it and acmilan.it sell tickets.
I think it's too risky for us to buy the tickets from scalpers. Or is it? We will arrive to Milan just about 2 hours before the kick off.
Thanks in advance!
Giovanni
23-12-2004, 05:26
for this match it's risky indeed
if you come JUST for the match i advice you to purchase them in advance, or at least this is what i would do, instead if you are ready to take a reasonable risk you can come over here and buy them from touts. It will be not easy, and these are the matches on which they make moneys
I will ask a couple of them in the first 15 days of jan
It's not dangerous, once i slept in the msot dangerous part of the city, such as the station cause i missed the last train and didn't have the slightest problem, although the people around me wasn't the best around..probably because i look more mafioso than them though :cool: :D
BUUUUUUUUUUUUUHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
:clap: :clap:
:guw: :guw:
tonoppa09
23-12-2004, 15:47
"I will ask a couple of them in the first 15 days of jan"
Thanks for the answer!! You mean that it´s possible to
purchase tickets in advance from bestticket.it in the
first 15 days of january?
I'm just worried that the tickets will be sold out before I
hear that they have started to sell them...
Giovanni
23-12-2004, 16:12
No, i mean, i will ask touts about their fares for the milan v man utd match
********i advice everyone not to ask me tickets though cause i'm not a manager of the society so i can't give this service*********
tonoppa09
23-12-2004, 17:20
Ok...ask them the prices and don't forget to inform us! :) Thank you!
Giovanni
23-12-2004, 17:41
Ok...ask them the prices and don't forget to inform us! :) Thank you!
don't worry
if you see i don't post anything just remind me
i'm --> :1old: :D
wilson38
03-01-2005, 06:32
I'm a new comer from Hong Kong. I will watch the home game vs Udienese on Jan 16. Could anyone advise me that when and where will be the Milan player arrive on the game day?
Also, the vs MU ticket will soon go on public sale @ the official web site, right?
Giovanni
03-01-2005, 07:14
I'm a new comer from Hong Kong. I will watch the home game vs Udienese on Jan 16. Could anyone advise me that when and where will be the Milan player arrive on the game day?
Also, the vs MU ticket will soon go on public sale @ the official web site, right?
they arrive roughly one h and half before the game, so basically 7 pm
I've seen them often because my bus from Torino arrives roughly at the same hour so sometimes we have the Milan bus aside us..i remeber i watched them ebfore Milan v Deportivo, and some of them were at the bottom of the bus joking and having relax, while Kakà was alone on the right hand side of the bus totally focused ; we all know what magic he displayed that night!!!
By the way you have just to go to the parkings, in front of red/blue sections gates, and go straight on till the outer part of the parkings, then ask there were the bus will arrive..you'll see it clearly because they are protected by two cars of police upfront.
tonoppa09
04-01-2005, 09:29
I contacted bestticket.it and they said that the tickets to Milan-MU are not sell on their web site. So I think only way to buy the tickets is to come to Milano (Cariplo branches and Milan point) :(
wilson38
04-01-2005, 12:37
I believe for 3pm game, I have to arrive @ 1pm, right?
Also, could anyone help to provide all branches of Milan Point/ Store in Milan?
Thank you in advance.
Christopher
06-01-2005, 14:36
How hard is it to come about tickets for a Milan home mtach? . . . I got to see them play and defeat Chelsea last summer in Philadelphia . . . Cafu had the goal of the tournament . . . and Sheva put on a performance if only I could attend matches more often
killiegradge
06-01-2005, 17:43
We are coming over from Scotland for the Udinese match on Jan 16th.Udinese seem to be doing rather well so we expect a good competitive match with a narrow Milan victory!Any thoughts?What are the chances of getting tickets for the Man U game at Old T whilst at San Siro?And can anyone suggest a good pub to go to after the match to watch the Juve match in?We did find one the last time whilst over for the Roma game where we watched the Juve match the night before(THEY LOST!!GREAT!) but we have no idea where it was?
FORZA MILAN
YNTTK
GRAEME
Hm... scotish people kinda like to walk around attending all kinds of football matches. When we were at milan-barca match, we met 2, nice guys and nice talk. Especially because slovenia didn't loose against them couple of weeks ago :)
Eh, now i saw i mentioned it before. **** happens ;)
Giovanni
06-01-2005, 18:23
btw talking about scotland, di canio just stated that he prepared the roma derby watching
BRAVEHEART
:dielaugh:
killiegradge
06-01-2005, 19:19
I detested Di Canio when he palyed for Ceptic but I would love him to play for my team these days.I do think he has a passion for Lazio that even he has never shown before at any of his previous clubs.Remember him catching the ball in front of an open goal when the goalkeeper got injured?Did he not win an award for his sportsmanship? Braveheart -it started fights in the Cinemas between Scottish and English.What about my earlier questions-Will I get tix for Old T and pub to watch the Dopentus game?
Giovanni
06-01-2005, 20:11
Ticket for Old Trafford: quite difficult: they are given :Milna Clubs, Ultras organised Groups or other few carnet around
Pub: everywhere , just try the center. Sorry i'm not milanese
wils6000
07-01-2005, 05:13
just a quick reply to suggest a good pub in Milan -
its called the "english football pub "
it shows All the games- premiership and serie a etc etc
when over for the Derby we watched the Man Utd - Arsenal game and then headed onto the San Siro for the game.
i have posted directions on another post - i will have another look and post it here soon.
It is a small pub - very british in style- serves beer and cider ( i drink cider and reckon its the only place in the whole of Milan that seves it)
as i say - shows all the top games - so Juventus game would def be on -
wils6000
07-01-2005, 05:20
for all english football fans going to Milan and wanting to catch a premership game at some point while over there- head to a bar called "the english football pub"
this shows premiership games as well as italian etc- you can even book food and table for the big games.
i went there to watch Man Utd v Arsenal before gingto the San Siro for the Derby. The pub is mall but excellent with plenty of screens and good beer and food.
To get there- go on underground to Duomo, then head down a road called "via Torino " it is about 300 yards down the road on the right - tucked away in a side street but there is a big sign in the road pointing to where it is.
highly recommended
killiegradge
07-01-2005, 12:25
Thanks for the info.We could always go back to the hotel and watch it but the pub does sound better.
Cheers
Graeme
Forza Milan
YNTTK
wilson38
07-01-2005, 22:01
Apart from the pubs, where is the location of Milan Store/ Milan Point?
ac_milan_foreva
13-01-2005, 00:02
my dream is to 1 day go to the san siro and watch em. i also migh like it to go live there. it will be my biggest wish come true
Lads, hoping to get over for the united game 8th march. Whats the ticket situation like, also flights, they are mad expensive from dublin, does anyone know of any cheap airlines? ryanair were €700 return, and alitalia were over 1k!!!!
killiegradge
13-01-2005, 16:25
Why dont you fly from Dublin to Prestwick and then on to Milan Bergamo.Prestwick-Milan flights are £99 each way for 8th and 9th and cheaper for return on the 10th.Your Dublin -Prestwick are 99p each way and although it would involve an overnight stay in Prestwick you could do the whole thing for easily less than £300.
Forza Milan
YNTTK
prestwick, thats glasgow isn't it? not a bad idea.
killiegradge
13-01-2005, 18:33
They call it Prestwick(Glasgow) although its actually around 30 miles from Glasgow.It wouldn't really matter as you will just be passing through.I forgot that the prices I quoted were GBP£ and that the modern world runs in EUROS these days.It would still be much cheaper than the prices you quoted.
good luck with making the man utd game iregk, i was thinking about it too but its a bit risky getting tickets i would say. I am going to the milan samp game a fews days after with 3 of my friends(they dont support milan but they would like to see them play and of course the italin ladies) Thats crazy Ryanair charging so much did you try aerlingus.com my trip a few days after is costing 277 euro in total including aer lingus flights going out on the friday and coming back on the monday, 3 nites accomodation in a 3star hotel hotel demo (near the central railway station) with 4 sharing and the match tickets which i havent brought yet as they are not out to feb but they will be 34 euro and i have included that in the 277.
yeah aerlingus are the same. thought i was onto a winner today, got a site hlx.com cheap flights german company, 19.99 to germany and not too bad from there to milan, problem is, the flight to germany land in stuttgard, the flight to milan takes off from hanover!!! two totally seperate ends of the country.
ArgentinaCRESPO
24-01-2005, 09:07
Crespo
Kaka
killiegradge
03-02-2005, 18:38
Hoping to come across from Scotland for the Sampdoria match on March 13th.What are the chances of the game being moved from the Sunday for TV?The sunday evening would be OK but not Saturday evening.Also given that it will be our last match of the season, as Ryanair are changing their flight times ,we thought we might sit in with the Ultras.What are the thoughts on viewing the match from the Ultra perspective-will we be well recieved(we speak no Italian but are a bit mad!)?and will we get a good view of the match(it wont be blocked out by flags on our head,flaresetc)or do we just join the Japanese tourists in the Orange sector as we have done previously?
YNTTK
FORZA MILAN
im after buying tickets for the samp match killiegradge on the booking details its says the sunday at 3, if they do change it i would imagine it would be to sunday evening not to saturday but might be wrong
about where to sit, its not quite the curva but im sitting directly underneath the curva primo anello blu intero, was there last may for the roma match and atmosphere was amazing in there much better than in the stands where i had been three times before
Giovanni
04-02-2005, 13:07
Guys, don't forget that there's an old and proven trick to enter inside the Curva without the ticket..ask Franco, we made it loads of times.. If you want there's the chance, esp for the serie a matches.
Cheers
No probs for the foreigner folk, people appreciates guys coming from abroad to watch Milan, it's a credit for you all.
killiegradge
04-02-2005, 14:13
What section exactly is the Primo Anello Blue Intero?Is that the main Ultras Section?
What section exactly is the Primo Anello Blue Intero?Is that the main Ultras Section?
no the ultras are just over it in the second tier. (primo is 1st tier)
i have my tickets for there but might try and go into the curva, so gio(welcome back by the way) and franco how do you get into the curva without tickets?
Giovanni
07-02-2005, 05:33
Primo Blu is just behind the righhand side goal, under the Curva Sud..it's a lovely place, i watched there my first game in San Siro and there's a great vision, maybe a bit less prospective of the whole field than from the second tier though, but amazing to watch the players so close
To get inside the Sud without tickets: it's a secret but i can tell you in private session, just need time and now i'm almost off. It's not easy to understand through the net though, even if by real it's easy
:firedev: It's better if you're bald with no hair cause when the flares and candles go off from above, Watch OUT! :firedev:
killiegradge
08-02-2005, 19:10
We're defo coming over for the Sampdoria match.When do the TV confirm what live games they will show?We arrive on Sunday AM so if it is changed to Sunday nightnthere is no problem but if changed to Sat night were F*&X+! as they say!
FORZA MILAN
YNTTK
GRAEME
walmania
09-02-2005, 09:51
Hey Guys,
I am a tifosi rosoneri living in the UK and trying desperatly to buy tickets for man utd v milan at old trafford. I have called every number I could find for ticket offices in Italy but no one speaks English and my Italian is very weak and I am NOT prepared to pay what ticket agencies are selling the tickets for here in the UK (upto £250 for 1 ticket!!!!!!). I was at Old trafford the last time we were there and at that time I bought the tickets from a few Italian lads who had bought the tickets with them from Milano (it was one of the best days of my life, I have the pictures and I will try to upload them on this forum to show you all). Please please please help. Anyone in Italy??? I can send you the money and you can buy me the tickets and send them to me.
Grazie
Are you going to meet up with ... that communist colleberator in Belgium? ;):D
i am from Belgium, but which person do you mean with 'communist colleberator' ??
Btw, if you come to Belgium, come and visit me (i live at the North Sea), we can have a few belgian beers then :cheers:
rambieren
12-02-2005, 03:54
Any Milanistas out there who can tell me where the away fans section is at the San Siro and where best to sit if you want to be as close as possible to them? :delol:
killiegradge
12-02-2005, 04:33
The away fans sit in the corner at the left of the main stand.You would want to be in the red section although I dont think you can specify what end of the red section your ticket is for.Not sure that I would want to be too close to the away fans as during the Roma match many flares landed in the said red section.
maldini020
14-02-2005, 15:55
hi guys! this weekend I'm going with my girlfriend, my brother and a friend from him to milano! it's my third visit after
MILAN-EMPOLI 19/04/2003 0-1
MILAN-REGGINA 3/10/2004 3-1
we have ticktes for the second ring orange in the sector 244! i ordered the tickets by besticket.it, and they arrived last week! 34 euro for one ticket!
can anybody tell me how long is the museum open on matchdays??
after the trip i will give you some pics!
killiegradge
15-02-2005, 04:53
The museum closes 30 minutes before kick off on match days.
maldini020
18-02-2005, 12:21
are you sure? in 9 hours we will drive to milano!
Alan Robert
19-02-2005, 08:59
HI, I am going to come to Milan arriving from Scotland. I must see the derby. I am willing to give a Claudio Caniggia signed photo poster from his time at Dundee FC. If I could get my hands on a good seat middle/bottom curva I will give you the 2000/2001 official unworn large caniggia club strip no33 with caniggia on the back. I also have a Ivano, Dario Bonetti and Caniggia signed AS Roma V Dundee Utd 1984 European Cup Final first leg programme.
I have met Caniggia about 5 times and he was great with the locals in my village. He used to come and eat FISH n CHIPS. He was so down to earth and self critical of his performances.
Please can you help. Yours Faithfully Alan.
PS How much is the curva middle section if buy from a tout before hand. I will arrive at the stadium hopefully at 12.pm mid-day .
Alan Robert
21-02-2005, 13:41
Scottish Fan Must See Milan Derby
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HI, I am going to come to Milan arriving from Scotland. I must see the derby. I am willing to give a Claudio Caniggia signed photo poster from his time at Dundee FC. If I could get my hands on a good seat middle/bottom curva I will give you the 2000/2001 official unworn large caniggia club strip no33 with caniggia on the back. I also have a Ivano, Dario Bonetti and Caniggia signed AS Roma V Dundee Utd 1984 European Cup Final first leg programme.
I have met Caniggia about 5 times and he was great with the locals in my village. He used to come and eat FISH n CHIPS. He was so down to earth and self critical of his performances.
Please can you help. Yours Faithfully Alan.
PS How much is the curva middle section if buy from a tout before hand. I will arrive at the stadium hopefully at 12.pm mid-day .
killiegradge
25-02-2005, 09:21
We have been over for two matches this season and had tickets before leaving.There were plenty of touts all the way from the metro statiion to the stadium so you will certailnly get tickets but would be interested to hear how much you have to pay.Hope you enjoy the match.
FORZA MILAN
YNTKK
I think about a 100euros man. Go early near the san siro the more late you come the more higher prices will be i think. BTW i don't think they will be interested in any Canningia shirts. They will want hard cash. Good luck!!
Alan Robert
25-02-2005, 17:49
Thanks for the advice about tickets I appreciate this. I expect I'll get one for the if not possibly one of footballs greatest derby's. If you know anyone of your friends that cannot make it email me as I'm flying at 7am on Sun morning.
PS. Are ther any places I should know to meet talk and have abeer or vino afterwards with you guys?
tAKE CARE -- alan
killiegradge
26-02-2005, 16:23
Prestwick flight at 7am?We have used it twice and are heading out again for the Sampdoria game.perfect times to see the match but they are changing the flight times in April which makes a two night stay necessary for one game.Still the prices are great and the footie even better.let us know if you find a decent pub for after the match as we have struggled on that front in the past.
Hey everyone, I'm new here and have been a Milan fan for a number of years now. I'm from the Niagara region in Ontario, Canada. I've seen a couple others from the area on some other threads, so hit me up.
Anyways, I'm finally making my way to Italy at the beginning of May and will be in Milan for the Juventus game. My big problem is finding tickets that won't cost me $300+. I was waiting for bestticket.it to post them, but they haven't yet. The tickets through the online ticket brokers are outrageously expensive. Is it cheaper to get someone to buy the tickets there? Could one of you help me?
(Sorry in advance if the answer to this has been posted elsewhere)
Doesn't acmilan.com sell tickets online? I do know Milan-Juve tickets aren't available for sale yet.
maldini020
15-04-2005, 12:35
i have booked tickets for the Primo Anello Bu for the match MILAN - PARMA!
is it in the first ring the same like in the second and doesn't count the numbers of the tickets? or is it important when you will come the stadium to get a better sight?
plese give me answer! ciao all!
FORZA MILAN VINCI PER NOI!!!!!!!!!!
In the first ring you see the players very well, but in the seconf ring you have a better visual of the whole pitch from a higher perspective. In the second ring there's the curva sud.
If you want to party and have fun curva sud, if you want to have little less fun and enjoy the match then go in the first ring.
Roger Nolli
06-06-2005, 20:31
Here in Brazil had some telenovels by the italian imigrants in the XX century, and sometimes they spokes italian. This helped me and the brazilians to learn some prhases and some words in this language, capiche (I don't know how to write correctly)? Io capisco, cáspita! "Mangia, mangia, que te fai bene..."(my granfa it spoke to my mom)And more words that I nor go to remember now...
Christopher
15-06-2005, 09:30
Is there a date when the frienlies are listed? I am trying to figure out if Milan are coming back to the US so I can see them again! If anyone has any ideas or knows any infor please let me know!
Dr Milano
15-06-2005, 12:59
Is there a date when the frienlies are listed? I am trying to figure out if Milan are coming back to the US so I can see them again! If anyone has any ideas or knows any infor please let me know!
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Southernsun
06-07-2005, 19:55
try: www.acmilan.com
Christopher
04-08-2005, 13:45
what is the song they play when the team first enters the field? is there anywhere I can get it in a .wav format ?
Hi guys,
I have few questions..
is the fixture will be in the san siro ?
If so I'm wondering if anyone could tell me how to get ac milan vs juventus on 14th august tickets... ill travel to milan from geneva on the 14th so is there is anyway to get the tickets on the internet? if not how can i get the tickets in the same day.. ?
your help is appreciated.
derekhski
13-08-2005, 11:58
Hamad, This was released on the Milan website. Hope this will aid your wishes to attend the match.
As Milan celebrated winning their seventeenth Serie A at the city’s Castello Sforzesco in 2004, president Berlusconi pointed out during his speech that the trophy he wanted was the Luigi Berlusconi, named after his grandfather and father. The 15th edition of the trophy, played for on each occasion against Juventus, will continue until at least 2014. In the previous 12 outings, the Italian champions have been on the pitch and it will be the case tomorrow and Silvio Berlusconi will be present. Over 45,000 tickets have been sold already and further tickets will be available at the stadium from 5.45pm CET, three hours before the 8.30pm CET kick-off. It will be an important encounter for Milan and an opportunity for the fans to welcome new signings Gilardino, Vieri, Jankulovski and Vogel.
:p017: :5schal: :rone: :3band:
sorry, i am new here.i don't know where to ask this question. so i ask here:where can i get the new team song
killiegradge
26-09-2005, 10:11
NEW team song?
sorry, i am new here.i don't know where to ask this question. so i ask here:where can i get the new team song
Well you might be meaning to say the new mix of the Milan Official song.
This is a remix of Inno Milan.Inno Milan Remix (http://www.rrigamonti.com/calciofollie/audio/InnoMilan.mp3)
While the Classical Version is this...Inno Milan Classical (http://www2.svenskafans.com/milan/Inno%20Milan.mp3)
I hope this helps.
Warro Bantan
26-09-2005, 18:12
Kui, can I get a link to where I can download the file?
ForzaMilan!!
11-10-2005, 11:47
Hi Milan friends!
I will be in Milan for the game against Schalke in the Champions League on the 6th December. I will be arriving on the morning of the 6th and staying in Milan until the 8th.
I was wondering how easy it will be to pick tickets up on the day from the SanSiro or Milan points? If anyone could give me directions to any of these Milan points i would be very greatful.
Also if anyone would like to meet up at the time then let me know!! It would be great to meet some fellow Milan fans.
Thanks in advance
Forza Milan!!
DooM_KNIGHT
06-11-2005, 10:39
[B] Greetings italian.. we r a fan group of GALATASARAY n we want to buy some tickets for fenerbahce - A.C Milan champions league match in istanbul.. As u can guess we want to buy tickets from Milan side.. We will come over there for support Milan with our Galatasaray tops n Milan scarfes n will drive fag fenerbahce fans crazy..
Can ne1 help us about where we can buy the tickets ..??
Thanx..
Giovanni
07-11-2005, 03:35
[B] Greetings italian.. we r a fan group of GALATASARAY n we want to buy some tickets for fenerbahce - A.C Milan champions league match in istanbul.. As u can guess we want to buy tickets from Milan side.. We will come over there for support Milan with our Galatasaray tops n Milan scarfes n will drive fag fenerbahce fans crazy..
Can ne1 help us about where we can buy the tickets ..??
Thanx..
pretty much like me when Liverpool came to Turin
That day i didn't plan to go to the stadium, but a bunch of guys i gifted a milan scarf to gave me free ticket for the match so i joined them.
Actually i was the only italian to attend that match, some Fiorentina fans tried to join the english fans but were stopped before getting to the stadium for public order reasons.
It was a great night! Too bad i have to remember Liverpool so sadly now
Hi Milan friends!
I will be in Milan for the game against Schalke in the Champions League on the 6th December. I will be arriving on the morning of the 6th and staying in Milan until the 8th.
I was wondering how easy it will be to pick tickets up on the day from the SanSiro or Milan points? If anyone could give me directions to any of these Milan points i would be very greatful.
Also if anyone would like to meet up at the time then let me know!! It would be great to meet some fellow Milan fans.
Thanks in advance
Forza Milan!!
I think you will find tickets at San Siro without many problems (I did so last year when Milan played against Celtic). If I remember well, the ticket office at the stadium open around 5 - 6.00 pm. You will need a photo ID card when purchasing the tickets
Hi... I ll be travelling to Italy from 6th april to 16th april... As a Milan fans I will be in Milan on the 15th hoping to get a ticket for the Milan vs Inter match. But when I checked the website, the ticket is not for sale yet. How can I can the tickets now? Will I still be able to get the tickets on that day?
I would like to get the ticket before I fly to Italy. When will the tickets on sale on the milan website? Will i be able to get it assuming Milan official member will have the priority?
What is the best way to ensure that I can get the tickets? I only need 2 tickets
thanx a lot ...
block_west
06-02-2006, 17:15
hi!
i'm a member of the ultras rapid vienna, and i would like to visit the derby against inter in april...is there a chance to get tickets for this game? i have heard about the new registration rules for the tickets and so i think it's more difficult then before... what would be the "easiest" way to get tickets for this game?
thanks for answers...greetings from vienna
hi!
i'm a member of the ultras rapid vienna, and i would like to visit the derby against inter in april...is there a chance to get tickets for this game? i have heard about the new registration rules for the tickets and so i think it's more difficult then before... what would be the "easiest" way to get tickets for this game?
thanks for answers...greetings from vienna
you can get hold of tickets in Milano with no problems. A game like this will be far from fully seated and there is no worry in getting hold of tickets.
devoted_dm
22-02-2006, 18:44
Planning a trip to Milan to see the match against Bayern. Does anyone know if it is possible to get tickets for the match if I arrive Monday afternoon? I'll be arriving in Bergamo, so there's a possibility that I won't be able to get to Milan in time on Monday, but do you think there will be a few tickets available on Tuesday?
Sputnik Monroe
07-03-2006, 07:46
i ll be in milano for the matchg Vs Inter.i will be with my girlfriend,so can somebody tell me where i can find two tickets for the curva?
Christopher
08-03-2006, 18:41
After watching todays game and many of the past games this year since Fossa disbanded the choreographies have been terrible . . . Brigate, Commandos etc have done a terrible job of carrying on this tradition and it is ashame they forced Fossa to disband.
Giovanni
09-03-2006, 04:11
I think the problem is about the younger guys, who get there thinking that the can patronise people just because they are into the Brigate or Fossa. The old school rocks, and whoever has met Il Barone know how calm and nice he is, but they left in the past seasons too much room for a bunch of morons.
My group had some problems with Vecchia Guardia, but finally we were proved right because VG has disappeard from the Curva. Even the Brigate big shots told us they are a bunch of tw@ts. in facts after 6 months they no longer are up there.
I believe all these issues inside the curva has been positive, they have made a sort of cleansing among the groups
Christopher
09-03-2006, 13:57
I really think the tradition of excellent choreographies has pretty much gone down the toilet since Fossa was dissolved . . its ashame . . . that's only my opinion as an outsider who has no Curva afiliation.
FORZA MILAN
http://ultrasloko.com/
Giovanni
23-03-2006, 09:56
I really think the tradition of excellent choreographies has pretty much gone down the toilet since Fossa was dissolved . . its ashame . . . that's only my opinion as an outsider who has no Curva afiliation.
chris i think they are reserving the coreos for the big matches ahead in the final part of the season..the derby and the cl clashes
don't think they will put much effort in the milan lyon draw as well
Giovanni
23-03-2006, 10:05
I really think the tradition of excellent choreographies has pretty much gone down the toilet since Fossa was dissolved . . its ashame . . . that's only my opinion as an outsider who has no Curva afiliation.
chris i think they are reserving the coreos for the big matches ahead in the final part of the season..the derby and the cl clashes
don't think they will put much effort in the milan lyon draw as well
Gio
I think if you had told Luciano (Diavolo) or Il Barone about your problems in the curva, those guys would have been thrown out earlier much earlier.
Anyway, I had another pleasant experience in the curva during my last trip to San Siro for the Bayern match. Some of the Brigate guys remembered me from my previous trip about 4 months back for the Udinese game :eekani: And there was this guy who asked me for some Japanese translations so that he can tattoo some Kanji on his body :D
For the Bayern game, some section of the front rows of the curva were reserved for Brescia ultras making the trip to Milano, and I was standing beside the Brescia fans during the match. The guy standing beside me even moved to another row so that I could have more space after knowing that I've travelled more than 3000 miles for the match :cool:
Should we beat Lyon :hopefull: and face Barcelona in the semis, and if my work schedule permits, I may consider making another trip to San Siro again for the Barcelona game.
why is the stadium so empty now-a-days ? There hardly ever seems anyone there, i know it's a problem throughout italy (some cases worse than others) but i was just wondering why ? Are the tickets too expensive ? Are people worried about trouble ? Or are they just not bothered about attending matches anymore ?
It's a bit sad to see
Giovanni
27-03-2006, 03:22
Gio
I think if you had told Luciano (Diavolo) or Il Barone about your problems in the curva, those guys would have been thrown out earlier much earlier.
Anyway, I had another pleasant experience in the curva during my last trip to San Siro for the Bayern match. Some of the Brigate guys remembered me from my previous trip about 4 months back for the Udinese game :eekani: And there was this guy who asked me for some Japanese translations so that he can tattoo some Kanji on his body :D
For the Bayern game, some section of the front rows of the curva were reserved for Brescia ultras making the trip to Milano, and I was standing beside the Brescia fans during the match. The guy standing beside me even moved to another row so that I could have more space after knowing that I've travelled more than 3000 miles for the match :cool:
Should we beat Lyon :hopefull: and face Barcelona in the semis, and if my work schedule permits, I may consider making another trip to San Siro again for the Barcelona game.
genio, i know that many guys there are great persons,that's why i always distinguished upon the cases. But i couldn't ask anyone to solve OUR (as a group) problems down there because it's simply out of Ultras mentality to ask someone to protect you. In facts all the problems started when some members of my group told Il Barone that Vecchia Guardia was a pretty dead group, and it was undecent for a group that stood just next to Brigate (usually the more quiet groups stand in the outer part of the C Sud). These guys felt like they were overruled by younger guys and got upset. As i told , it was a problem about politics and balances between groups inside the Curva. We started as a group of friends inside Vecchia Guardia and slowly grew up in number (when the maltese came for some games, and we were all there, we counted more than 20-25 persons) and it hurted some chieftains of VG.
We couldn't ask for anyone's help, because it would have been simply out of place, these things aren't dealt with gentlemen's agreements, at best you can barely speak about your reasons, if your lucky; many times you get punched first then you complain, if you dare to. The more you complain the more you get punched, you must know how these things go. So shutting up sometimes is the best thing to do.
Btw i think Curva is a fascinating place overall, so i suggest everyone to experience it , but it has its rules, and if you go there you must accept them.
Being me a bit hotheaded i avoided troubles in advance.
A little example about Juve-Milan: i was there with Franco6 and other maltese guys of Milna Club Malta and there was this guy who started harassing us and the people nearby jumping on the lower rows several times. it was clearly intended as a tentative to be cool/hardcore in front of his friends- The maltese guys came from malta and spent a good amount of moneys to watch the match, so i couldn't stand their moment was spoilt by a prick. Being there quiet persons i thought it was on me to stop this guy breaking the balls, so i took him from his jacket and shouted like a fool in front of his face. This guy stopped immediately.Afterwards he came quietly and we chatted a bit, i wasn't angry.As you can see the rule down there is the rule of the jungle. Even though most of the times the Curva is a safe place and enjoyable one.
Giovanni
27-03-2006, 03:26
why is the stadium so empty now-a-days ? There hardly ever seems anyone there, i know it's a problem throughout italy (some cases worse than others) but i was just wondering why ? Are the tickets too expensive ? Are people worried about trouble ? Or are they just not bothered about attending matches anymore ?
It's a bit sad to see
jim, the point is :
if you have stadia like san nicola-bari (80.000 seats) or delle alpi (70.000) even tough you have 50.000 spectators they look half empty.
san siro looks half empty with 60.000 spectators, but this amount of people would fill the most part of average english stadia 2 times!
you have smaller stadia, therefore they look always filled. Plus, you have better facilities and a better culture for the live events, but when we talk about the attendancies we must distinguish that italian stadia are hardly fillable with an average number of seats almost the double than the english stadia
that's a fair point gio, indeed apart from Man Utd's ground which is now 70,000 odd, most grounds in England are between 30,000 - 45,000 (give or take a few thousand each way). But do you not think that the crowds have been declining over the years ? Not that it's just Italy, i mean if you look at Barca or Real's grounds there not always completely full and of course hold alot more than British clubs. I just wonder what the reason is behind this gradual decline in numbers, either that or they are all camera shy and no one wants to sit on the side the cameras point at :D
I was in the SAn Siro for Milan-Bayern game. on the east side, of course Milan palyed great so the atmosaphere was also great. But, you can feel that Fossa is missing, its a BIG SETBACK for curva. Too bad really. I hope they can somehow work it out in there so we can again be brilliant in coreographies.
Giovanni
28-03-2006, 02:46
i don't know, probably the pay per view offer and the old facilities
i tell you that the most annoying thing about italian stadia is that you've got to go there very early (maybe 2-3 hours before the match starts) esp in some parts of the stadium. which means to leave very early from home ( torino-milano 2 hours by bus)-
i think the derbies were the most annoying of these events, despite the atmosphere was truly amazing..imagine to wait 3 hours inside the stadium..you go mental and that's why people spend time drinking..at least you have a homemade party
Warro Bantan
28-03-2006, 08:48
I am sure they are not only drinking Gio! At least I kno I would also be "inhaling" the "atmosphere"...:D
Giovanni
28-03-2006, 09:15
I am sure they are not only drinking Gio! At least I kno I would also be "inhaling" the "atmosphere"...:D
well, it must surely be incense :w221: :bri:
Warro Bantan
28-03-2006, 10:23
Alleluyah! Amen to that! :D
maldini020
30-03-2006, 13:03
Hello! I want to buy ticktets for the derby on the 15th April! Can i buy the tickets in every BANCA INTESA in italy or only LOMBARDIA?!
Giovanni
31-03-2006, 02:29
every banca intesa in italy
Kaka1899
31-03-2006, 07:20
i have always wanted to go see a milan match but heard so many horror stories of people been teargassd and beat up before the match it has r8 put me off is all this true Giovanni?
Giovanni
31-03-2006, 08:44
i have always wanted to go see a milan match but heard so many horror stories of people been teargassd and beat up before the match it has r8 put me off is all this true Giovanni?
don't worry, san siro offers great shows and it's a great stage in itself. you'll adore it. obviously there are some movements better not to do, like be around the x zone between milan ultras and juve contingent getting into the stadium. those are the palces where something can happen, but it's quite rare and if you use common sense you will have no troubles
Let me ask a question, how much incidents where lately in italian football? because here in Arg, there are incidentes almost every weekend and our media says, and dont stop saying, that we are a 3rd world country and these things happen because people have no education. But knowing that this things happen also in Italy, in Europe, means that it doesnt matter what ever if you are in the first world or in the last one, violence is still present.
Anyway, Italian way of living football and argentinian are very look alike, maybe because most of us have italian blood, and i think maybe along with the english, we are the most pasionate people about football in the world. I hope some day i can go to San Siro and compare the atmosphere, but i think i will feel like at home.
Kaka1899
01-04-2006, 08:22
Thanx for the advice Giovanni can u recommend any matches that are better than others except the Milan derby
panserjohan
03-04-2006, 15:14
I went on the Milan - Bayern match in CL couple a weeks a go. fantastic! when 75 000 people are agreeing that this is a grat experience, it's magical!
Sputnik Monroe
06-04-2006, 08:35
dear milanisti
i live in Athens, Greece and i ve booked hotel room and air tickets for the milan-inter derby, but i couldnt find tickets for the match anywhere.
i land in Malpensa on Wednesday 12th April with a friend and we need 2 tickets for the match.
can somebody please give me any directions on where to find tickets while in Milano?
i tried to get them via the official site but it says that they ve been sold out.
is there any other way to buy them on-line?
or do i have to search for tickets while i am in Milano?
thanks in advance
Ma Milano Siamo Noi :5guitar:
johnamichael
06-04-2006, 19:14
Hello anyone?
I am in Milan on the 26th April and would like to travel to Barcelona on the supporters bus to the semi final game. How do I organise myself two tickets on the bus to Barcelona .? please help!
Thanks
John (Australia)
Giovanni
07-04-2006, 03:43
Hello anyone?
I am in Milan on the 26th April and would like to travel to Barcelona on the supporters bus to the semi final game. How do I organise myself two tickets on the bus to Barcelona .? please help!
Thanks
John (Australia)
John, i reckon the best way to go to barcelona would be to find a ticket then to arrange the travel on your own. If you want to join the fans you have to contact them through the Ultras groups or the Milan Club links. Worth a try (the Milan Clubs association is called AIMC, try to google to find the official website and contact them) but my best suggestion is to find the ticket separately then take a train the day before the game, where you should find loads of fans travelling on the TALGO train from Milan to Barcelona.
The crucial thing is to find the ticket, then don't waste too much time if you can arranging the travel. I've done Torino-Barcelona by bus (which is 2 hours shorter than Milan-Barcelona) and it's endless. You be literally wasted.
Hope i've helped you
Georgian
07-04-2006, 05:03
A.I.M.C webpage is http://www.aimilanclubs.it/
johnamichael
07-04-2006, 05:22
Thank you both for your help
Here's a report I've written for my trip to Milano for the Bayern match which I've posted on another forum:
Ok, here's my match report for the Bayern game, which again is long overdue :stress: But I was thinking why the heck should I write one :lala: since Manuel too went for the game, arrived home much earlier than me, but posted nada, null, zilch, zero about one of our most best performances on the European football stage :proud: (PS, I had to type this all over again as my previous report vanished due to a server crash on XT last week :frustrat: )
Overnight at the airport again
Again, I made the trip to Milano from London, after staying in the Fog Capital for 3 days visiting my sister who's working there. Due to the early schedule of my flight to Milano, I decided to stay overnight at Luton airport again, though I wasn't that lucky this time round as there were no pretty girls at the airport to strike a long conversation to past time :depress: I tried to past time reading some Motosports magazines I've bought about the upcoming F1 and MotoGP season, though my mind obviously was thinking about other stuff :devil:
As tiredness crept in, I decided against sleeping with another 4 hours to go before my flight, fearing that I might overslept and missed the plane :scared: When it was time for me to check-in for my flight, I breathed a sign of relieve :relieved: that I was able to remain awake for 4 uneventful hours counting the number of breaths I had taken after putting down my magazines :nerd: The number was 6666 breaths in 4 hours :devil: and for some unexplainable reasons, I was feeling confident for the Bayern game :eekani:
Arriving in Milano
The flight to Milano took around 1 hour 45 minutes and I managed to catch some Zzz on the plane after a long sleepless night. When the plane was slowly decending in preparation for landing, I took a peep out of the window and saw an awesome view of The Alps :star: and I had to resist the temptation of turning on my mobile phone and taking a shot at the beautiful scenery :tongue:
I touched down at Orio al Serio airport in Bergamo on schedule, bought an Orio Shuttle bus ticket to Stazione Centrale in Milano and I was able to find my hotel in just 10 minutes upon my arrival at Centrale :stuckup: A nice little hotel called Casa Mia at Viale Vittorio Veneto just a 100m away from the subway station Repubblica. The time was precisely 1111 hours, 7th March 2006, a day before the match against the Bavarians :excited:
Tour of Milano
After some unpacking, I took a quick 2 hour nap to ease off some fatigue and my first stop was to visit Milan Point at Piazza XXIV Maggio, since I missed out visiting Milan Point during my last visit to Milano. Took the subway to Porta Genova and reached Milan Point after a 20 minutes walk from the station going past Via Vigevano and Viale Gorizia.
As I was walking towards the entrace of Milan Point, I was quickly surrounded by several near the outlet asking me if I wanted for tickets for the Bayern game :dazed: Diavolo had already gotten a ticket for me, but I decided to check out some prices in the black market and I was quoted 150 Euros for a 2nd ring ticket in the Curva Nord :eekani: When I told one tout that I would prefer to have a ticket in the Curva Sud, he looked at me with a weary look in his eyes, peeled off 2 tickets without names from a stack of tickets in his hands and told me that I could have them for 350 Euros :greed: Fcuking ****... :frustrat: For 350 Euros I could get a ticket sitting next to Galliani in San Siro :howler: With a firm no, I declined the offer and proceeded into Milan Point.
For someone who's there for the first time, I was thoroughly impressed by the interior design, especially the walls of the cafe at Basement 1 where they hang the team posters of Rocco's, Sacchi's, Capello's, Zaccheroni's and Ancelotti's Milan sides. The merchandise store is at Basement 2 and they have a wide array of merchandise ranging from shirts, training suits, footballs, bags, keychains and other souvenirs. As I already have a huge collection of Milan shirts :stuckup: I only bought Maldini's DVD "Il Film" for 30 Euros, but worth every cent paid :proud: The rest of my day was spent visiting several of the sightseeing spots in Milano like Duomo, Castello Sforzesco, Da Vinci's Last Supper at Santa Maria delle Grazie, which I've already visited during my previous trip to Milano.
My last stop for the day was the posh shopping area at Monte Napoleone 2 stations away from my hotel, where a pair of socks could cost you a friggin 100 Euros :eekani: Unlike our Gobbo adversary Hasuni from Sweden, who has met Figo and his lovely wife :heart: on a shopping trip, I had no such luck :broken: though I saw a blonde resembling Heidi Klum, and I would have been dead certain it's the gorgeous German model who shares the same birthday as me if not for some good-looking male companion at her side :lala:
Match Day at The Dome
After a night of rest and it's Match Day :excited: I have been in touch with Manuel a few weeks before the match to meetup before heading to San Siro for the game, but since Manuel and his friend (a Laziale from XT whose identity shall remain annonymous :tongue: ) would only reach Milano in the afternoon, I decided to spend my time in the morning wandering around in the fashion capital. It was close to lunch time when I reached Duomo and there was already a huge crowd of Bayern fans with their scarves, flags, banners, singing, chanting and taunting Milan in front of Duomo :eekani: In fact, there was hardly any Milanista visible in front of the Duomo that I wondered if I was in München instead :dazed:
After witnessing around 30 minutes of chanting by the Bayern fans, I could sense the neutral Italian spectators at the Dome were getting increasingly frustrated at the growing German supporters who seemed to multiply at a rapid rate. And when a small group of Milanisti appeared, waving their scarves and bandieri, the Italians (and I suspected there might be some Interisti in the crowd :lala: ) at the Duomo erupted to loud cheers and a standing ovation :devil: Though outnumbered, the small group of Milan fans countered the taunts by the Bayern fans by chants of "Bayern Fcuk Off, Bayern Fcuk Off" of their own :cool: Of course, I couldn't possibly miss out on the fun and responded with chants of "Ficken Bayern, Ficken Ballack" of my own :D
Appointment with the Doctor
At about 3pm, I gathered that Manuel should have checked in at the youth hostel he stayed during his previous trip to Milano. I picked up my cellphone and dialled his number, and true enough, he had just checked in with his friend and they were on their way to grab a bite. Manuel suggested we meet at Duomo. Hello!!! Anybody home!!! :wallbang: The Dome at that hour was crowded, and I meant really crowded that I could easily brush against the tight butts of several cute chicas just by wriggling my way through from Gallaria Vittorio Emanuele to the subway station :tongue: I suggested meeting at Piazzale Lotto instead since the hostel they were staying at was close to San Siro, and we could avoid the crowded train of both the Milan and Bayern fans when it gets closer to kickoff time.
I reached Lotto at about 3:30pm and I was wondering how Doctor Psycho from Munster would look like. From the descriptions I've read on XT by Paul (yohy) and Haroon, he's
1) Short :tongue:
2) Always grinning :D
3) Receding hairline :howler:
While I didn't have to wait long to know my answer, cause from across the street, I saw two guys with typical German looks (Well, I can tell a German by the looks since I work for a huge German Aktiengesellschaft :tongue: ) One of them was notably shorter ;) with a distinct, unmistakeable ":D" look on his face, and dressed in a white robe with a stethoscope attached to him. Beneath that white rob, a white away Milan shirt was clearly visible (albeit being a fake jersey :howler: ) Bingo! I knew I hit the jackpot so I walked across the street, and with a ":D" grin back at the guy in the white rob, shook his hand and said "Ciao Doc" :cool: Surprisingly, Doctor Psycho seemed pretty composed and unfazed by my ability to identify him and replied with a "Ciao Dejan ;)"
He then introduced me to his friend Sascha, also an XT member. For a Laziale, I have to admit Sascha is one cool dude :thmbup: cause I've not have good impressions of some annoying pricks in the Lazio forum like Humbird and Lightoller :finger: We headed off to the McDonald's near Lotto for a quick bite since both Manuel and Sascha had not taken their lunch. Manuel is looking less and less like a doctor to me by then, for his fondness of junk food and booze :tongue:
That's Part I of the match report, I have to continue Part II on another post since I've reached the limit for smilies per post :wallbang:
Warro Bantan
10-04-2006, 10:08
Excellent post ilgenio! I have to say that you make me feel as if I was in Milan with you! Well written, and now you have me longing for the second part!!! :D
Part II of my match report for the Bayern game
Just as Manuel and his friend were munching away at their food at McDonald's, I noticed a change in Doctor Psycho's face from his usual :D to :frustrat: As I was wondering what caused the sudden change in his facial expression (could he have bitten on a piece of expired, stale meat sandwiched between his burger :confused: ) Doctor Psycho suddenly let fly with an agitated "Fcuk Juve" :fero: (Ok, all I could remember was that Manuel swore when I first met him, but it could be before we headed off to McDonald's, and since the Bayern game was more than a month ago, I can't remember the exact sequence of events now :lala: ) "Fcuk! I can't believe Juve's luck!" Manuel said shaking his head :tongue: I knew he must be referring to Weasel, I mean Wiese's blunder which lead to Emerson's late goal for Juve versus Werder Bremen the previous night, an act which caused me to smash the table lamp beside my bed while I was watching the match on TV in my hotel room :frustrat: Don't ask me why the hotel staff didn't get me to pay for the damaged furniture though :stuckup: For some reasons, our conversation subsequently deviated from Weasel, oops Wiese's blunder into Berlusconi and his successes with Milan, much to Sascha's annoyance :tongue: and the German NT's chances for the forthcoming World Cup.
The Call from The Devil
With about 4 over hours to go before kickoff, we decided to kill some time by heading to............ The Dome :tongue: It was close to 5pm when we reached Duomo and by then you could hear chants and tauntings between the fans of Bayern and Milan. With a much larger number of the Milanisti now assembled in front of Duomo to match the Bayern fans, the "Bayern Fcuk Off" chants were getting louder and more intense :devil: There were riot police on site though they were there more for precautionary purpose. As it was extremely difficult trying to find a place for a cup of coffee and to chit chat at the Duomo, we had to return to where we came from: Lotto :wallbang:
When we were on the subway, I sensed a vibrating sensation in my pocket :lala: Yup, it was my cellphone ringing and just as I expected, it was the Devil's calling :devil: though due to the lack of network underground, the reception was really bad and the call got cut off just as I answered the phone :frustrat: I had a quick check with Manuel and he too had a missed call from the devil. Knowing that it's much easier hopping into bed with Tera Patrick then trying to contact Diavolo on his cellphone :howler: I sent him a text message upon reaching Lotto station informing him that I've met up with Manuel and we'll be waiting for him at Piazzale Lotto. At precisely 6.66 seconds after my text message was sent :eekani: my cellphone rang and it was Diavolo calling again :devil: This time I was able to speak to him and we agreed to meet at McDonald's at Piazzale Lotto at around 7:30pm.
With another 2 hours to go before kickoff, we had to find some place to kill time before the match, sightseeing is definitely out since there's as much sightseeing places in Milano as Inter's trophy count for the past 15 years :jester: So we settled on finding a pub for a drink till it was time to meet up with Luciano. We found a small pub near the youth hostel Manuel was staying, though it was filled with Bayern fans :tongue: who were singing and chanting in German. I noticed another ":D" this time on the faces of both Manuel and Sascha, apparently over the lyrics that the Bayern fans have sung. I gathered from the word "Paris" in the lyrics and asked Manuel if the German fans were singing "We're going to Paris?" Manuel told me that they were in fact singing "We're going to Paris via Milan" :veiled: Little did they know that their evening would be ruined in another 4 hours :nasty:
The TV in the pub was showing the replay of the Juve - Bayern game and Manuel went "Fcuk Juve" again after we saw Weasel's blunder :howler: This time Doctor Psycho was shaking his head in disbelief and kept muttering "Non capisco.... Non capisco.... I don't understand why the fcuk the gobbi were so lucky". :tongue: The Bayern fans, seemingly happy that Werder were knocked out of the Champion's League, cheered for the goal instead :eekani:
We didn't stay too long at pub since it's been quite a while we took a leak and there was a need for us to relieve ourselves. Manuel suggested heading back to the youth hostel since there was no toilet at the pub :eekani: only a small hole drilled on the floor meant for the snipers with a deadly aim :irritate: and since I was carrying an excessive amount of Devil's Dust, I took Manuel's advice of bringing just enough for the match against Bayern and storing the balance in his locker at the hostel, which I would collect from him the following day as a gift for Diavolo.
The Devil's Advocates
We reached our designated meeting point at 7pm though there was no sign of Diavolo. By 7:30pm Manuel was getting a little worried that we might ended up missing the match :pp I told him devils are invisible and Diavolo could well have arrived, but he's just playing another of his mischievious pranks :devil: True enough, puff of white smoke slowly emerged behind the white robe of Doctor Psycho and a familiar figure can be seen gesturing to me to remain silent :nasty: as if to spring some unexpected surprise on his unsuspecting prey :devil: Manuel must have smelled some of the smoke from behind as he turned his back around and voila..... In front of us stood none other than Diavolo himself, wings extended, with traces of flames still visible on his lips. "Ciao Prez! Long time no see" Well, not too long for both Manuel and myself, since we last saw him about 4 months earlier.
Diavolo's first question to us was "We walk or take the coach?" Without any prior discussions, our response was unanimous :stuckup: "Walk" and together with the hordes of devil's advocates making their way from Piazzale Lotto, proceeded towards the long winding Viale Caprilli towards La Scala del Calcio :excited:
Pre-match Drama
We reached San Siro 20 minutes before kickoff and we met more XT members outside the stadium. Amr, our gooner friend from Egypt (known as Egyptian_Gooner on XT) who was in Milano for 3 months studying Sports Management in college, and a Hungarian Milanista from Budapest whom I've forgotten his name :embarass: It turned out that Egyptian_Gooner knows that annoying Gobbo who changed his nickname more often than Peter North changing his sex partners (Il_Grande, Il_Crap, Alex_Bianconero, Egyptian_Juventino, you name it, he's got it) in person, and revealed a juicy personal secret of his fellow namesake from Egypt with left both Manuel and me bursting with laughter :D
Diavolo handed out match tickets to us outside the stadium. I took a quick look at my ticket, yup - my name is correctly printed on the ticket and it was a ticket for the Milan - Bayern game. Just as I was about to keep my ticket into my pocket, I felt a sudden chill on my hand. Fcuk it... One of my gloves was missing, apparently dropped on the way to San Siro :broken: I gotta trace back more than 300 metres to a spot near the carpark before I could find my glove :relieved: And just as I returned back to meet up with the others, it was Manuel's turn with a look of horror on his face :scared: "Cazzo.... Luciano, you've passed me a ticket for the Serie A match between Milan vs Empoli game which took place last Saturday" It turned out that Sascha too have a ticket handed to him for the Milan - Empoli match.
Diavolo told us that he didn't check the tickets before hand since it was handed over to him by Il Barone at the Brigate Rossonere meeting. "Cazzo....... We have to find a way to get in touch with Il Barone" said Diavolo, and for once Luciano was a distant figure from his usual cool, composed, as he tried frantically to contact Il Barone on his cellphone :stress: By some devilish means :devil: Prez managed to get in touch with the big boss and we were told to follow closely behind him as we had to dash through the crowds of tifosi outside the stadium queuing to get into the stadium. We reached the gates close to the South end, and could see someone trying to slot the tickets to Diavolo though the slits of the iron grills. Il Barone must have spoken with Diavolo and instructed one of his Curva guys to hand over some tickets to us.
After some delicate displays of acrobatic stretching which would have made even an Olympic gymnast proud ;) Diavolo managed to grab the tickets pushed through the slits of the fence and handed them over to Manuel and Sascha. The tickets were probably without names (Was it Doc?) but at this stage it didn't matter anymore :pp They got the right tickets this time and finally we could join in the queue to enter the stadium.
Just as we were approaching the first level of security. I searched the pockets of my jacket and my jeans.... Cazzo..... This time my ticket was missing :broken: There was some frantic scrambling back to search for my ticket, while Amr and our Hungarian friend remained in the queue so that we wouldn't have to re-queue once my ticket is found. Thankfully, Sascha managed to find my ticket lying on the ground at the back of the queue :relieved: "Hold on tight to the ticket. Don't lose it and treasure it more than your life" Manuel told me. What!!! Is there anywhere in this world where a doctor could tell you to treasure a ticket for a football game more than life itself :howler: But Manuel is right. The ticket is more important than life and death :stuckup: And Danke Sascha :cool:
As we approached the first security level, Diavolo gave his familiar standard instructions to all of us. "If the guards ask you anything, just keep quiet and I'll do the answering" :cool: Well, he didn't have to do any speaking as a wave of his magic hand did the trick again and we were able to enter the stadium without having our bags checked or questions asked :eekani:
Ok, I'll have to save Part III of the report on the Brigate Rossonere, Curva Sud and the match for another post since I've reached the limit for smilies per post again......
Warro Bantan
10-04-2006, 16:44
Keep it coming bro!! I really feel as if I have been to the San Siro at this point...well actually, I feel like I lost my ticket while in the line...you lucky lucky lucky devil to find your ticket on the ground!!!
Anyway, hurry up with Part III already!!!
man, when Ilgenio mentioned that McDonalds in front of the fermata Lotto I could almost smell the food, I ate there... aaahhhhh... need to go back...
Part III of my match report for the Bayern game
As we walked up the steps towards the Curva Sud, memories of my previous trip to the holy shrine slowly crept back to my mind and I couldn't believe that I'd be back walking on the stairways to hell :devil: within the space of 4 months :proud: Before we headed straight to the Curva Sud to join the ultras for the game, Diavolo led us to a small counter set up outside the Curva selling BRN merchandise. Manuel and myself wanted to buy the BRN 30th Anniversary DVD directed none other than Diavolo himself :cool: but to our disappointment, we were told that they were sold out :fero: As it was fast approaching kickoff, we had to make a dash for another BRN counter situated at another exit to try out luck. It turned out that the DVDs too were sold out at that counter :sigh: It looks like Prez must have done a really good directing and editing job :cool:
Back to Curva Sud
When we made out way into Curva Sud, it was packed and I really mean packed! A different entry to the Curva from the one I've experienced during my last trip since I arrived at the stadium very early on my previous trip and there's no need to jostle my way through the crowd to move to the front rows of the 2nd ring. The front rows of the Curva Sud are restricted zone but with Diavolo around we had no problems watching the game from the front rows :cool: A few of the ultras even recognised me from my previous trip 4 months ago :eekani: and gave me a :thmbup: I noticed a few rows of empty seats in front of the Curva and Diavolo explained to me that the seats were reserved for the ultras from our twin club, Brescia, who were making their way from Brescia to support Milan in the CL :devil:
The Curva guys started distributing red balloons in the Curva and the Curva soon became a sea of red as balloons were being inflated. Just as I was about to inflate my balloon, a teenage guy whom Diavolo told me had been bugging him for months approached me for the translation of some Japanese words. The Japanese words turned out to be 2 Kanji characters which coincidentally have the same pronounciation in Japanese. He showed me the translation from Babelfish :howler: for 情 (passion) and 誠 (sincerely) but he wanted a 2nd opinion from someone who speaks Japanese since Babelfish is known for translating every word literally :pp I replied that emotion would be a more appropriate translation for 情, though passion is still acceptable, and for once Babelfish seems rather accurate with their translations :D What left me puzzled was the choice of words he picked for the translation :tongue: which Prez informed me later that he wanted to have those words tattooed on his body. What! Tattoo :wallbang: If any Milanista were to leave any permanant Kanji wordings on his body, it has to be words like 米蘭萬歲 (Forza Milan!) or 魔 (Diavolo), no less :stuckup:
By then the Brescia ultras made their way to the Curva and took up the first five to six rows in the 2nd ring. The Curva was in a sea of red as everyone (including the Brescia fans) were swinging the red balloons and I was virtually deafen by the loud roars of Woooooooooooooooo which even the Nature Boy Ric Flair would have difficulties impersonating :stuckup: Even though I had experienced the loudness in the Curva during my last trip to San Siro, the decibels seemed to reach new heights in a Champions League game and you could virtually feel your adrenaline pumping :excited: your heart revving like the engine of an F1 engine :eekani: Yup, I'm back to the land of the Milan ultras :proud:
It was approaching kickoff time and we spotted Il Barone slowly making his way to the front row of the Curva. Diavolo personally introduced Manuel, Sascha, Amr, our Hungarian friend from Budapest and me to Il Barone and the Curva boss recognised me from my previous trip :proud: Knowing that Il Barone collects baseball caps and wears a different one to every matchday, I handed him a gift which I prepared, a Chicago White Sox cap which Il Barone acknowledged with a :thmbup: Before entering the Curva, I was pretty nervous about getting the wrong cap since I noticed Il Barone was wearing a Yankees cap during my visit to San Siro, and giving him a White Sox cap is like giving a Milanista an Inter cap :wallbang: It was only upon Diavolo's reassurance, and the look on Il Barone's face after he received the gift that I was convinced he's not a Yankees fan :relieved: For the record, I'll never buy a Yankees cap :stuckup: They're the Juve of baseball :yuck:
The players made their way of the tunnel for the game and every Bayern players name announced in the PA system was greeted by loud jeers, hisses and chants of
"Bayern fcuk off.... Bayern fcuk off....."
"Bayern Bayern Bayern fcuk off......"
And when the names of the Milan players were announced, the Curva simpy went nuts :devil: The Curva shouted the players' names when their numbers were announced in the PA system.
"DIDAAA......."
"NESTAAAA....."
"KALADZEEE......."
"STAMMMMM......"
"SERGINHOOOO......"
"PIRLOOOOO......"
"VOGELLLLL....."
"SEEDORFFF...."
"KAKAAAA....."
"SHEVCHENKOOOO..."
"INZAGHIII......."
Nothing like a good old yell to get your vocal chords ready for the intense 90 minutes of singing soon to follow :stuckup: Just as I blew a speck of the mystical Dragon's Dust off the 2nd ring, a flare can be seen flying off from the Curva Nord and landing right in the middle of the huge Champion's League football logo waved by the ballboys in the center circle :eekani: Alright, who let in the Interisti for this match :lala: Fortunately, the flare landed right in the middle of the CL logo and none of the ballboys were hit and the respective teams took their positions on the pitch in anticpation of the kickoff whistle.
The Match
Alright, by now all of you know the match finished 4-1 :proud: As difficult as it is, I'll try to keep the match details as concise as possible :stuckup:
With the first leg finished 1-1, we attacked the Curva Nord end in the first half and right from the whistle we had a concrete gameplan
ATTACK
ATTACK
ATTACK :fero:
It didn't take long for us to open the scoring as Serginho intercepted a poor Demichelis pass, beat his marker with a sudden change of acceleration and crossed in to an unmarked Inzaghi to head home from six yards in the 8th minute. Wooooooooooooooooo.......... For a moment I couldn't hear anything except the roar of the Curva! And Diavolo, Manuel and me were hugging one another, jumping, stomping and it's amazing the seats we were standing on remained intact :eekani:
"Ooi ooi ooi........."
"Ooi ooi ooi ooi........."
"Pippo Inzaghi segna per noi....."
Sang the Curva in appreciation of Inzaghi's goal.
The early goal lifted the team and our intense pressure was rewarded in the 23 minute when we were awarded a penalty after Ismael was judged to have pulled down Inzaghi in the box. Sheva stepped up, and the Curva were going Oooohhhh........ and it would have ended up in a OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH had Sheva scored :broken: Instead, the Oooohhhh became the ooohhh of disappointment and frustrations as Lo Tsar drilled the PK wide. Many in the Curva were pissed at Oliver Kvnt unsportinglike behaviour as he tried to wind up Sheva after the PK miss :finger:
But the Curva didn't have to wait long to erupt again as shortly after the PK miss, a cross from the right by Stam found Sheva at the near post and Lo Tsar's glancing header flew past the arms of a diving Oliver Kvnt into the net!!! And the Curva sang Sheva's song this time:
"Non è un brasiliano però
che gol che fa
il fenomeno lascialo la
qui c'è Sheva
lalalalalalalala Sheva Sheva....."
Just as we were starting to cruise through the game, Bayern hit back with a goal from Ismael after Dida could only parry a fierce long-range Schweinsteiger free kick off his chest and Ismael tapped in from six yards :frustrat: This time it was the 1st ring under the Curva Nord, where the Bayern fans were seated, that erupted to huge cheers of celebrations. I took a look at Diavolo and to say his was pissed was a massive understatement :tongue: "Fcuk! It's Dida again" And it's not very often our normally calm, composed Presidente loses his cool :eekani:
Bayern were exerting heavy pressure in the search of an equalising goal, which would see them having the away goal advantage and Ballack further incensed the San Siro crowd with a wild lunge on Pirlo which saw the German skipper getting booked. Nonetheless, the Curva guys weren't impressed and responded with chants of
"Ballack fcuk off....... Ballack fcuk off....."
"Ballack Ballack Ballack fcuk off...."
Bayern finished the half strongly and there was a moment of silence in the Curva just before halftime as Deisler ballooned a shot over the bar with Dida stranded just right in front of the Curva Sud :scared:
At halftime, Diavolo, Manuel and myself briefly discussed about the 1st half and we all agreed that had Sheva scored that penalty, he wouldn't have converted the chance created by Stam. Another 45 minutes to go and our qualification was not secured by any means, I could see a rather tense look on the face of Doctor Psycho :D Another fellow ultra in the front row who recognised me from my previous trip patted me on the shoulder and passed me a balloon, which I burst to ease a little of the tension.
As the 2nd half resumed, a Brescia fan who was standing beside me moved down a row in the Curva so that I could have more stretching space :pp after hearing that I had travelled across 2 continents just to watch my favourite football team in action :cool: 2 minutes from the restart, loudness was restored in the Curva Sud again as Milan scored the third goal :goal:
Serginho again blazed through from the left, sent a low cross into the box which caused a defensive mixed up between Ismael and Lizarazu, and Inzaghi, with Kvnt already commited to the save, hooking the ball up with at chest height with his right boot and headed into an empty net.
"Ooi ooi ooi........."
"Ooi ooi ooi ooi........."
"Pippo Inzaghi segna per noi....."
Inzaghi's song was sang for the 2nd time this time the goal was scored directly in front of the Curva Sud.
By the time Sheva set up Kaka for the fourth goal on the hour mark, it was game set match.
"Siam venuti fin qua..."
"Siam venuti fin qua..."
"Per vedere segnare Kaka........."
The Bayern players lost their motivation after Kaka's goal and were waiting for the final whistle, while San Siro now were in a state of estacy :happy: and the Milanisti performed several rounds of Mexican waves :cool: The fans in San Siro gave the goalscorers Inzaghi, Shevchenko and Kaka a standing ovation as Ancelotti replaced them with Gilardino, Ambrosini and Rui Costa respectively :cool: What a night! What an awesome display against a powerhouse from Europe! And what a story to tell your children and grandchildren :proud: Haroon is right, watching a Champion's League in San Siro is different from watching a league game
As the final whistle blew, there some cheers in the Curva Sud as there was news that Liverpool has lost 2-0 at Anfield to Benfica. Diavolo took a photo of Manuel, Sascha and me in the Curva Sud and we headed off for supper. Along the way, we were discussing about our possible quarter final opponents and Diavolo simply replied "Any team but Inter" :tongue:
Once again, it was another memorable trip for me to the holy shrine of football. A big Grazie Mille to Luciano for being an exceptional host :star: And for those who have yet make the trip to La Scala del Calcio, you won't know what you're missing till you've been there :devil:
This is incredible...
My dream is to one day sit in the Curva Sud, and I have just registered on XT so maybe I can meet some of the people you talk about here.
This is incredible...
My dream is to one day sit in the Curva Sud, and I have just registered on XT so maybe I can meet some of the people you talk about here.
It'll be one helluva experience you won't forget :devil:
PS: And no one sits in the Curva Sud ;) It's 90 minutes of loud singing and adrenaline pack stuff :proud:
:5schal: :5schal: :5schal: :5schal: :5schal: :5schal: :5schal: :5schal:
Hi everybody.Me and two of my friends want go to the Milan,to enjoy Sun Siro.But before i just want to know answer to one easy question.Have we any or how big chance to buy tickets for us one day before match(saturday)?And the best place is the first ring-for the best contact with the best.Thanks for your help.Just the best for red-black...(TT) :5ok:
giustinomilan
21-04-2006, 12:26
so whos gonna win milan or barca?
giustinomilan
21-04-2006, 12:27
so whos gonna win milan or barca? obviously milan we have to stop ronaldinho and shevchenko has to step up
Warro Bantan
21-04-2006, 16:48
Thanks for the images...thanks for letting me sit in the San Siro though your words.
If you are ever in Jamaica, please let me know, and I will do all I can to ensure that you have the best time!!!
Respect my man!! Bless!!!!
does anyone know when tickets for Milan-Roma come available on the official Milan site ?
Kev Ryan
29-06-2006, 05:24
Reply to: Ilgenio
_________________________________________________________________
That was a great read about the Curva Sud! Thanks for sharing your experience. I would love to sit there some time, it would be a dream come true.
kure87ri
18-07-2006, 15:48
forza milan
Dear everyone,
The administrative team has improved the barring system in order to make MM a more friendly place to visit.
We strongly advise you to click the following link to read our updated rules and systems (it won't take even more than a minute to finish reading them).
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/announcement.php?f=21
Thank you,
The Adminstrative Team
Buongiorno,
Sono un tifoso belga dell'Anderlecht e vorrei domandare qualche informazione sui prezzi dei biglietti. Spero che si possa comprendermi abbastanza :)
Probabilmente, farò il viaggio a Milano ( 1 novembre ) ma non potevo trovare i prezzi per i visitatori e i posti specifici dove ci troveremo. Ho letto che i tifosi di AEK Athena hanno pagato 15€ e altre persone mi hanno detto che si deve pagare 50€.
Potete aiutarmi?
Grazie :)
Dopey,
il prezzo non lo so, ma l'informazione e' (sara') disponibile sul website ufficiale del Milan... www.acmilan.it
There was already a thread for Milan - Anderlecht tickets. :smileani:
http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20717
Dopey,
Non so se ti può aiutare. Lei sta vendendo i biglietti che sono la campagna abbonamenti del Milan.
frankinusa
16-09-2006, 09:45
hello,
My family and I plan on traveling to the San Siro next year - hopefully to see my son's idol Paolo Maldini - and we were wondering what advice, information anyone can provide about where to stay, how to get to Milanello and the San Siro, how to buy tickets internationally, etc...
Any help will be of great help since traveling to see Maldini and the others would be a dream come true
Thanks!
Frank
Giovanni
20-09-2006, 02:27
Buongiorno,
Sono un tifoso belga dell'Anderlecht e vorrei domandare qualche informazione sui prezzi dei biglietti. Spero che si possa comprendermi abbastanza :)
Probabilmente, farò il viaggio a Milano ( 1 novembre ) ma non potevo trovare i prezzi per i visitatori e i posti specifici dove ci troveremo. Ho letto che i tifosi di AEK Athena hanno pagato 15€ e altre persone mi hanno detto che si deve pagare 50€.
Potete aiutarmi?
Grazie :)
This year the aways are up on the third tier in the "cage" for away fans (third blue tier) . Better for you to find tickets into the orange section, the view is outstanding in every point, and i made my season ticket for serie A there this year.
15 e for the third tier, 50-60 for the second orange tier.
ps. il tuo italiano è eccellente, si capiva benissimo .)
Giovanni
20-09-2006, 02:30
hello,
My family and I plan on traveling to the San Siro next year - hopefully to see my son's idol Paolo Maldini - and we were wondering what advice, information anyone can provide about where to stay, how to get to Milanello and the San Siro, how to buy tickets internationally, etc...
Any help will be of great help since traveling to see Maldini and the others would be a dream come true
Thanks!
Frank
The main area for hotels is near the train station, but it's not the safest area possible. To get into Milanello is probably the most difficult thing, you need to know someone of the staff or get inside through the Milan clubs, which are invited periodically to visit the centre.
Warro Bantan
21-09-2006, 15:03
Giovanni!!! Nice to see that you still visit with us from time to time!!! :D Hope all is well bro! :D
22 Kakà 22
22-09-2006, 03:54
This year the aways are up on the third tier in the "cage" for away fans (third blue tier) . Better for you to find tickets into the orange section, the view is outstanding in every point, and i made my season ticket for serie A there this year.
15 e for the third tier, 50-60 for the second orange tier.
ps. il tuo italiano è eccellente, si capiva benissimo .)
I think you mean "third GREEN tier", 3° anello VERDE.
Giovanni
22-09-2006, 08:18
Giovanni!!! Nice to see that you still visit with us from time to time!!! :D Hope all is well bro! :D
Hello man how ya doing? i think you're great, under the sunshine of your beautiful islands :p017:
Giovanni
22-09-2006, 08:19
I think you mean "third GREEN tier", 3° anello VERDE.
yes terzo anello VERDE (GREEN)
Ok I saw that this forum was mentioned on this site (http://www.milanclub.co.uk/). I tried to caontact them but the mail bounced back. Maybe some of the members here are connected to them or can help me. The message was following:
Greetings fellow Milan fans,
I'm a Rossonero living in a place called Estonia. It's in the Baltic states if you don't know. I'm contacting you because I'm planning to visit the Derby. The problem is the tickets-I can't get info when exactly are they available in the internet-sale so I can grab them the first second. Maybe you can help me get tickets thruogh your contacts established with Brigate? In the end I would take any ticket, but preferably to the Curva and first floor. If you can help me then could you describe the process of getting the tickets in detail? Would be cool to meet you guys there face-to-face too. As you can assume I'm an English speaking fan too. I'm a member of "Red and Black forums"
http://forum.acmilan-online.com/index.php?
Name's Jasper. Maybe one fan will join with me from Berlin and maybe I'll get one Estonian to come with me too. But at the moment I'm asking for one ticket.
About your web you have a very nice design. Only fault that I noticed was that many sections lead to "Travel", but I guess that thing will be dealt in the future when you have spare time.
Eagerly looking forward to hearing from you(any answer is welcomed even if you can't help me),
Jasper
And one thing too FORZA MILAN. Let's play some tennis with those Inter "title-winners"!
If the English Brigate members are wondering what went wrong then I got this as an answer:
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.
Sent: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 19:33:35 +0300
Subject: From Rossonero to Rossoneri
The following recipient(s) could not be reached:
[email protected]
Error Type: SMTP
Error Description: Error message from remote server
Message: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable.
MailDaemon
hMailServer
So can you help me?
I have a question as well, figured this is the best place to ask.
I'm planning my first ever Italy trip for the Spring March-May, and planned it so that I would be in Rome for April 1, for the Milan match. What I am wondering is this: tickets seem to be on sale already care of this site - http://www.soldouteventtickets.com/listings/241/271/8197/Top%20European%20Teams/roma-oet
They seem to be the only site I've seen selling tickets, is it safe to get them? Also, how do I make sure I am sitting in the Milan section? If it were labelled "curva nord" THAT I would understand, but this has me lost.
Any help would be amazing.
Giovanni
28-09-2006, 09:18
i don't know about tickets but be careful in Rome, don't wear a Milan scarf or you'll be in troubles. A guy went there in the Milan section and after the match the Romanisti waited nearby the stadium for 1 h looking for Milan fans. This guy, despite not wearing any sign, was forced to open the bag and they found a Milan scarf and he was beaten up. I think it's safer to go in a neutral zone. Curva Sud is the Romanisti end.
Thanks. I was thinking I should leave my jersey packed up that day. As two red-headed, very white females, we will probably stand out enough without bringing out a scarf.
NEutral section are the sides? The Tevere longside? (I swear I Googled for hours and found no concrete answers)
Giovanni
28-09-2006, 09:53
Thanks. I was thinking I should leave my jersey packed up that day. As two red-headed, very white females, we will probably stand out enough without bringing out a scarf.
NEutral section are the sides? The Tevere longside? (I swear I Googled for hours and found no concrete answers)
well, being a woman i think you don't have to worry much more than the reasonable. Men are more exposed to this kind of things.
For the stadium part, i don't know actually, but the sides are obviously safer places. The away fans are locked inside the stadium for 1 hour by police and it's not easy to find the tickets which are available only by Ultras groups and Milan Clubs (obviously getting few tickets these are the guys who get the total amount)
losalqua
04-10-2006, 07:02
I'm going to Italy on November and try to get to the Milan-Roma -game. My question is, does anyone have an idea how popular that game is going to be? Is it possible to get tickets the same day the match is played? Or should they be ordered in advance? I'm just worried because there are two that big teams against each others that I'm not going to get tickets.
I'd really appreciate your help.
Giovanni
04-10-2006, 09:37
I think you'll get your tickets even though it's impossible to give a 100% sure prediction. But looking at the many empty seats, this season i reckon the derby will be the only match where tickets will be hard to find. Not impossible even that time, though.
Before Milan - Siena the touts were offering them at half price, some sort of sales, because apparently they were not going to sell many of them
Does anyone know when Milan-Inter tickets will be available to buy on he Milan website?
MartinV88
13-10-2006, 08:50
Does any one have the number to the San siro tickets office ?
saviola57
16-10-2006, 06:43
hello, i'm a rossonero tiffosi from belgium, brussels.
Does anyone know the name of the hotel where the milan players are staying now, during there trip to brussels to face Anderlecht?
I couldn't go to the airport so if anyone can help me, i will be very pleased to met KAKA and Pirlo..
thanks to keep me informed...
mathieu
is there a need to post this message more than once saviola57?
I am flying in on Saturday to try and get a ticket for the derby and would like some advice.
On my two previous visits to the San Siro getting tickets outside wasn't a problem as the games against Livorno & Roma in 2004/05 were well below capacity.
Saturdays game will obviously be different. What are the chances that any tickets will be on sale at the booths outside ? Even third level will do.
Also how does it work now with the touts outside, don't all tickets have names & date of birth on them. If so how can they sell them on. If you buy one will you have problems getting in ? I know from experience at other Italian grounds the Police normally check this.
I don't land until 16.30 so wont have much time. I assume that all the banks will have stopped selling tickets by then if they haven't already sold out.
Any other advice will be appreciated although one option I don't want to take is the rip off agencies.
:u31:
wils6000
25-10-2006, 09:14
hi - i have sent you pm about the one spare seaosn ticket i have to hire for the derby- let me know - i also have two for the roma game as well
Mercoledi, arriveremo con 5000 tifosi. Quanti tifosi milanesi sono aspettati?
Without anyhelp at all from you lot, I managed to buy a ticket for 100 euros outside the San Siro on Friday afternoon. Secondo Anelo rosso, set. 241.
Good derby anyway, despite the loss
Giovanni
03-11-2006, 09:32
Without anyhelp at all from you lot, I managed to buy a ticket for 100 euros outside the San Siro on Friday afternoon. Secondo Anelo rosso, set. 241.
Good derby anyway, despite the loss
great position and not that expensive considering the event
The ticket thingy is pretty phucked up when it comes to derby. Tried Brigate e-mail, Brigate UK e-mail, official website and get the right time in the net but nothing. Eventuallt got mine from a forumfriend from "Red and Black forums" who got it from his Italian friends or something. If you can't speak Italian then you're pretty much mute for the people.
I can still assure you that if you want a ticket the touts are in the stadium at leas from 10 o'clock in the morning. Saw of them when I tried to visit the museum that morning. The price is probably what tom7 said.
There was another way too to pay extra for the ticket and get one-night accomodation. Search for tripadvisor and ticketone. Theyre cost was something like 42€ a tier from the highest and 40€ per night. Also a fee if you want a room alone...Confusing, I know. Search and seek for yourself;)
Other matches should be easily reached and Banca Intensa should sell our match tickets. Anyway this fact can be easily checked in the net.
wils6000
07-11-2006, 17:56
a quick message to defend every one on this forum from the last two people whom have basically slagged everyone off- i have started ticketing thread about three times this year offereing tickets for the derby game to all milanmania members- response was low !!! - but a quick look down the discussions threads woud have at least shown that a quick message to me or few others that offered help woud have probavby made your search a lot easier- - i organised loads of tickets for people for the derby - i am also involved with the BRN UK - the emails are still on an old server and is in process of being changed - any BRN UK queries please send to me -
so its just a quick defensive message really as i felt that people on the site and generally helpful if they can be - i for one travel to milan a lot and am happy top hlep anyone with their questions -
rant over !!!!
a quick message to defend every one on this forum from the last two people whom have basically slagged everyone off- i have started ticketing thread about three times this year offereing tickets for the derby game to all milanmania members- response was low !!! - but a quick look down the discussions threads woud have at least shown that a quick message to me or few others that offered help woud have probavby made your search a lot easier- - i organised loads of tickets for people for the derby - i am also involved with the BRN UK - the emails are still on an old server and is in process of being changed - any BRN UK queries please send to me -
so its just a quick defensive message really as i felt that people on the site and generally helpful if they can be - i for one travel to milan a lot and am happy top hlep anyone with their questions -
rant over !!!!
I hate people who are superficial so I owe you an apology. I kind of assumed all similar threads have been merged to this one cause I guessed that every now and then someone steps up and makes a whole new thread for his one-post problem.(like at Red and Black forums). Now I found out that you even PM'd me...My sincerest apologies!
Anyway I'll be looking forward to co-operate with you in the future. Unfortunately I can afford only one or two trips a year to Milan so there are months to some real action.
More about my trip in here (http://forum.acmilan-online.com/showthread.php?t=8134)
www.milanshirts
10-11-2006, 15:39
i have 1 ticket for milan rome, freeee, mail me !!
Paddy De Nagan
26-11-2006, 15:06
Hi all. I was window shopping tickets for Milan home games ( against any opposition) and found there were none on sale for the Curva Sud. There were tickets for the orange and red rings.
How can I get my hands on curva tickets?
milan_number3
01-12-2006, 08:47
Wow, i'm jealous with u RIO, thats my dream., maybe since i birth..
Now, i working hard to get more and more money, and try to study italian language.. so i go and watch milan, sometimes...
couple of questions about attending a game:
i think i read somewhere that they dont sell any food or drink @ the san siro? is this true? if so do people bring their own?
and what is the drink of choice?
i attend a lot of hockey, & american football and its all about beer.
PITTSBURGH!!?????
I live up north on I-79.....you know, on the lake. You a Penguins fan?
Big Fan, Pens, Steelers
i spend alot of time around the "lake".
my sons team plays the admirals all time...family first on peach st.
go to any otters games?
Wow, this is pretty bizarre. For as many years as I've been here at MM I don't think I've ever encountered a poster so close to me!
No, I don't attend Otters games. Used to be a season ticket holder to the semi-pro team here long ago. Huge fan, knew all the players, friends with some of them. Actually got hit in the face with a puck at one game, what a memory, eh? Didn't even realize it happened, just all of a sudden the team trainer was in front of me telling me to relax, that I was going to be OK. (our seats were right by the home bench, all the trainer had to do was jump over the glass to get to me) Barely any scar from it, just quite a story to tell people.
I know Family First, I think our girls soccer coach does some reffing for them or used to.
Do you boat, sail, swim, fish in good ol' Lake Erie?
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.