PDA

View Full Version : Futbol Mexicano


XZeRo3003
01-03-2004, 00:29
This forum is to talk aobut Mexican soccer, we need that, especially me, cuz the only soccer games I get every week are mexican soccer games

Goirre
01-03-2004, 07:44
I'm not that much into Mexican soccer, but I go for Pumas UNAM, just because one of my favorite Bolivian players plays for them, Botero. ;)

XZeRo3003
01-03-2004, 13:16
I grew up watching meican soccer, because here in the US It is the only league that shows every single game of the season, and I'm able to watch them all, so I've really grown a love of mexican soccer. Anyways, I grew up liking Atlas, but now I guess I am more of a Morelia fan, my dad is from there, and they have3 a good team. The team I hate the most is of course CHIVAS, I really don't like Chivas, they took Paco Palencia and Adolfo Bautista and Salvador Carmona and now they are making them look terrible. I guess I like them a little more now because they have Chava Carmona, he's one of my favorite players. I'm also fond of America, they have a good team, although they haven't done too much with it to the moment, they might do something with the team this year.

If I made a Mexican soccer all-star team, this is what it would be...

Rios
Carmona Davino Oteo Briseño

Perez Oviedo Molina Alvares

Gaitan Bautista



As far as the Mexican national team goes, I love it, here would be my team


Rios
Carmona Marquez Oteo Briseño

Perez Torrado M Perez Luna

Castillo Bautista

cab
01-03-2004, 14:26
Jaguares is the surprise on this season they have 21 of 24 points already:eek: not bad for a recent team in first division.

My favorite team is America, do you know who is the coach? well it's Leo Beenhakker :tong:

XZeRo3003
01-03-2004, 20:00
Yes, I know Benhaacker, He isn't doing a good job with america. In fact, he's doing a bad job. America has a really good team, but Benhaacker hasn't done **** with them. I don't understand, they should be doing a lot better than right now. Thet have Franky Oviedo, I respect him a lot, as I respect Davino, Jose antonio castro, and even Blanco, for everything he has given and taken away from Mexican soccer

cab
04-03-2004, 19:41
Yes, the decision of getting him was bad, America sometimes looks like Inter...they get good players but never wins anything:tong: (America have only 1 championship in the last 10 years:eek: )

XZeRo3003
05-03-2004, 00:34
Well, the decision of getting Beenhakker waasn't bad, I mean, he's an experienced coach and all having coached Ajax, but he just hasn't gotten his team together. It's something every new coach needs time to do, and either Beenhakker hasn't been given enough time, or he just isn't able to do anything with the team. Whatever the problem, he better get his stuff together or else America is in trouble.

I think jaguares is only an over-acheiver like Irapuato was last year. Their form will soon sink to an all-time low, while at the same time, I see teams like America, Morelia, and Chivas rising up higher in the General Table

XZeRo3003
05-03-2004, 03:33
I thought Cruz Azul's Cesar Delgado wasn't playing in Europe anymore! Only last weekend did I find out that he still plays for Cruz Azul! He's an amazing player, I like how he plays, but unfortunately the Delgados can't do anything for Cruz Azul. Since he still plays, here's my Mexican League All-star

Goal: Adolfo Rios

Defense: Salvador Carmona, Duilio Davino, Oteo, Omar Briseño

Midfield: Ernesto Perez, Franky Oviedo, Cesar Delgado, Octavio Valdez

Forwards: Mauricio Molina, Walter Gaitan

cab
05-03-2004, 08:34
Nice team:) I agree in the situation of Jaguares, always you can find a team like this in Mexico (in troubles with relegation in one season and in the top of the table in the next one).

The combination of the "Delgados" in Cruz Azul is lethal, but as you say isn't enoug for them, they have now 5 defeats in a row:eek: .

Goirre
05-03-2004, 08:41
Originally posted by cab
The combination of the "Delgados" in Cruz Azul is lethal, but as you say isn't enoug for them, they have now 5 defeats in a row:eek: .
which by the way is a new record for them...not a good record to have though ;)

XZeRo3003
07-03-2004, 00:03
And once again, Cruz Azul is defeated!!!!!!!! This time by Morelia, so I am somewhat satisfied, but this is ridiculous for Cruz Azul. What is going on?

XZeRo3003
07-03-2004, 00:06
Whatever happened to the Delgados!? They just disappear every game, expecially Cesar Delgado, and I always thought he was better than Marcelo Delgado

cab
08-03-2004, 13:40
Originally posted by XZeRo3003
Whatever happened to the Delgados!? They just disappear every game, expecially Cesar Delgado, and I always thought he was better than Marcelo Delgado

The moral of the team is on the floor, now the coach Meza dismissed to his work....the history goes on...

XZeRo3003
08-03-2004, 17:26
Yes, and they aren't a bad team, but then why are they on the ground? I don't understand, two Argentinians, a few nationals, a columbian or two, what's going on? Well, I was glad, though, because it was morelia who beat them this last game, and Morelia is one of my favorite teams.

Hey, Ricardo Lavolpe is planning on callin Rafael Marquez, Gerardo Torrado, and Nery Alberto Castillo for the March International gameday. I'm so excited, i think we're going to be watching a very powerful Mexico. They are playing against Honduras, so i'm not too happy, but I will be if they score with more than a three goal difference

XZeRo3003
08-03-2004, 17:27
If you guys haven't heard of Nery Alberto Castillo, he is a Mexican-Uruguaian who plays for Olympiakos. He is VERY quick, and I'm really excited to see what he can do. He is one of the three Mexicans currently playing in Europe

cab
10-03-2004, 09:05
Uruguay have plans to call Castillo too to their national team, it seems that he will have to decide...

XZeRo3003
12-03-2004, 02:16
Seriously? Wow, this is big for tough teams. The coolest part is that he is only one year older than I am, he is currently 18 and turning 19. Whatever team he ends up playing for, I know he will give so much. I really do hope he comes to Mexico, though, he will help us so much.


Hey, on a slightly different note, the Draw was made for Copa America. Mexico is in the group of death, with Argentina, Uruguay and Ecuador. Expect Nery Alberto Casillo to be playing in the group of death.

XZeRo3003
13-03-2004, 20:27
Cruz Azul comes out of last place with a 2-0 victory against Queretaro. Goals from both Delgado's give Cruz Azul the advantage.

XZeRo3003
17-03-2004, 23:44
Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara
Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia
Salvador Carmona Defensa Guadalajara
Omar Briceño Defensa Tigres
Duilio Davino Defensa América
Mario Pérez Defensa Necaxa
Ricardo Osorio Defensa Cruz Azul
Francisco Javier Rodríguez Defensa Guadalajara
Aarón Galindo Defensa Cruz Azul
Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa
Israel López Medio Toluca
Rafael García Medio Toluca
Héctor Altamirano Medio Santos
Pavel Pardo Medio América
Jared Borgetti Delantero Santos
Adolfo Bautista Delantero Guadalajara
Daniel Osorno Delantero Monterrey
Omar Bravo Delantero Guadalajara
Jesús Mendoza Delantero América
Cuauhtémoc Blanco Delantero América

This is the line up for Mexico's next international match-up

XZeRo3003
18-03-2004, 00:35
Big names have returned to the Mexican selection, like Altamirano, Borgetti, ad Pardo who have all been out because of their involvment in the Copa Libertadores. Another big name is that of Duilio Davino. Davino was Marquez's partner on the team, but he left because of an 8 month long knee injury.
And probably the biggest name returning to the National side is that of Cuauhtémoc Blanco. Although he returns this date with his fellow Americanistas, he failed to make big appearances last year in the Gold Cup competiton. This was due to his poor form in his club, and the coach Lavolpe's lack of faith in the player. His return to the club is a surprise to every Mexico fan, as he is slow, old, and a little bit of a hunchback. His natural talent, however, is still present every time he touches the pitch.

With this team, Mexico should get past Costa Rica with a minimum of a two goal difference. And if these players are all fit
for the encounter, Mexico should go past this encounter with a clean sheet. With the players Lavolpe has called on, here is my team...

-------------------Rios-------------------
--------------------------------------------
---------Rodriguez----Davino---------
--------------------------------------------
---Carmona-----------------Briseño---
--------------------------------------------
------------Pardo--Martinez------------
--------------------------------------------
Altamirano---------------------M Perez
--------------------------------------------
--------Blanco----------------Bravo-----


Two sketchy players, Martinez and Bravo. As far as Bravo goes, Mexico lacks a good potent, and consistent striker. That's why I would replace Bravo with any forward, excluding Jesus Mendoza. I really don't know how he made the team, I have no Idea why he's playing on the Mexican National. And Martinez is a Defender, but he has moved up to midfield this season, because of his attacks from defense. I don't know if he would really play in that position, but I'm sure Lavolpe will put Rafael Garcia in his place.

This formation is in Lavolpes 4-4-2 strategy. I would rather see a 3-2-3-2, I think that would give the team a lot of attacking power (judging by the teams LACK of attacking power). This would be the formation...


-------------------Rios-------------------
--------------------------------------------
-----------------Davino------------------
---Carmona-----------------Briseño---
--------------------------------------------
------------Pardo--Martinez------------
--------------------------------------------
------------------Blanco------------------
Altamirano---------------------M Perez
------Borgetti------------Bravo---------

And I'm sure nobosy will read this entire post, but If you do, congratulations you dork!

XZeRo3003
18-03-2004, 00:38
sorry, Sanchez in goal

cab
18-03-2004, 09:19
I don't like the defense... Marquez should comeback soon...

XZeRo3003
18-03-2004, 10:51
Originally posted by XZeRo3003

Hey, Ricardo Lavolpe is planning on callin Rafael Marquez, Gerardo Torrado, and Nery Alberto Castillo for the March International gameday. I'm so excited, i think we're going to be watching a very powerful Mexico. They are playing against Honduras, so i'm not too happy, but I will be if they score with more than a three goal difference

Yes, Apparently this isn't happening as planned. But apparently, Lavolpe plans on using the team he's taking to the olympics (U-23) in the Copa America. So he wants to battle both tournaments with an U-23 side. I think he beleives the players will gain experience like that, but I don't think so....

XZeRo3003
19-03-2004, 19:10
Oh man, this is terrible. this is F---ing terrible. Now, The Mexican Football Asoc. Decided to revert their decision of calling on the Santistas and Americanistas and have now decide to replace them all except for Jesus Mendoza (America), the player who I told you is terrible. Here's the new f---ing list.

Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara
Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia
Salvador Carmona Defensa Guadalajara
Omar Briseño Defensa UANL
Fernando Salazar Defensa Atlas
Mario Pérez Defensa Necaxa
Ricardo Osorio Defensa Cruz Azul
Francisco Rodríguez Defensa Guadalajara
Aarón Galindo Defensa Cruz Azul
Diego Martínez Mediocampista Necaxa
Israel López Mediocampista Toluca
Rafael García Mediocampista Toluca
Juan Pablo Rodríguez Mediocampista Tecos
Mario Méndez Mediocampista Atlas
Carlos Morales Mediocampista Morelia
Miguel Zepeda Delantero Toluca
Adolfo Bautista Delantero Guadalajara
Daniel Osorno Delantero Monterrey
Omar Bravo Delantero Guadalajara
Jesús Mendoza Delantero América

cab
20-03-2004, 09:52
Had you noticed? nobody from Jaguares:confused:

XZeRo3003
20-03-2004, 20:42
Well, I have two things to say. One, I beleive I know who Mexico's next goalkeeper will be, he should replace Oswaldo Sanchez in a matter of 2 years or so, but two years is not a long wait for America's 18-year-old Ochoa. Ochoa is in place of Mexico's former keeper Adolfo Rios, who's out with an injury. He's doing better than amybody would have expected, and already he plays like an experienced goalkeeper, making saves that many other goalkeeprs wouldn't make. Alas, he has his flaws, and he makes his mistakes, but I think two years should clear those mistakes up.

And yes, I actually had noticed that there are no Jaguares players. What a shame, as they just beat In-form America, and proved to be a team worthy of first place.

Did anybody watch that match, Jaguares-America? Jaguares won 2-1, it was a very entertaining game, and for a while it seemed that it could have gone either way, but alas, America did nt capitalise on clear chances on goal, although I will tell you Cuahutemoc Blanco did have a pretty good game, and he deserves a lot of praise for how he played.

Anyways, Jaguares. I think that the player most likely to go to the National team is Irwing Rubirosa. Well, he did play one game with the national team, and he didn't play to bad, so don't be surprised if you see him playing another game or two.

XZeRo3003
29-03-2004, 16:21
well, now Marquez and Torrado WERE called to the national team, so they will be playing, and I'm sure a clen sheet is VERY likely. Here's the new list of players.

Lista de seleccionados

Jugador Equipo Posición
Oswaldo Sánchez Guadalajara Portero
Moisés Muñoz Morelia Portero
Salvador Carmona Guadalajara Defensa
Rafael Márquez Barcelona Defensa
Duilio Davino América Defensa
Omar Briceño Tigres Defensa
Francisco Javier Rodríguez Guadalajara Defensa
Héctor Altamirano Santos Defensa
Mario Pérez Necaxa Defensa
Israel López Toluca Mediocampista
Rafael García Toluca Mediocampista
Diego Martínez Necaxa Mediocampista
Pavel Pardo América Mediocampista
Gerardo Torrado Sevilla Mediocampista
José de Jesús Mendoza América Delantero
Miguel Zepeda Toluca Delantero
Jared Borgetti Santos Delantero
Daniel Osorno Monterrey Delantero

XZeRo3003
29-03-2004, 16:25
28/03/2004
Notimex.-México.- Nery Castillo, delantero mexico-uruguayo del Olympiakos de Grecia, aseguró que si la selección de México lo necesita asistirá al llamado, aunque comentó que eso se dará a su tiempo, ya que en este momento su prioridad es su equipo.

En declaraciones hechas a un canal de televisión local, Nery dijo que necesita que la gente entienda que en este momento está en la pelea por el título de la liga local con el Olympiakos.

"Escucho cosas que dicen que no quiero ir, y no es así. Yo estoy en el medio. Tiene que entender, yo sé que entienden y que se van a dar cuenta y estaré ahí si México me necesita", dijo.

Aseguró que sí le interesa la selección, "ya que cuando uno es pequeño le preguntan cuáles son tus principales anhelos, y uno de ellos es jugar en un equipo grande e ir a una selección.

Asimismo, el jugador de 19 años aseguró que nadie de la Federación Mexicana de Futbol (FMF) se ha puesto en contacto con él, y mucho menos el argentino Ricardo La Volpe, técnico de Mexico, o alguno de sus colaboradores.

"No he hablado con ninguna persona de la selección, a quien le han hablado es a mi papá, creo, una persona de la federación, (pero) no sé de que se trataba", explicó.

XZeRo3003
29-03-2004, 16:31
Basically he's saying ( during an interview with a local mexican TV station) that he wishes to play on the Mexican team, but his priority is Olympiakos.

It's weird because although the Uruguayan team has many players in Europe, Mexico only has two or three, yet they are ranked 5th in the world....weird....

XZeRo3003
01-04-2004, 01:43
Originally posted by XZeRo3003

With this team, Mexico should get past Costa Rica with a minimum of a two goal difference. And if these players are all fit
for the encounter, Mexico should go past this encounter with a clean sheet. With the players Lavolpe has called on, here is my team...

Holy **** I'm good! I predicted the score! Anyways, here was the starting line-up.

-------------------Sanchez-------------------
--------Marquez------------Davino---------
--Carmona-----------------------M Perez--
------------Pardo--------Torrado-----------
--Altamirano--------------------Garcia-----
--------------------------Osorno-------------
--------Borgetti------------------------------

Not, my favorite line-up, but effective. Mexico still lacked fire-power because Torrado was injured about 10 minutes from the start and had to be replaced.

XZeRo3003
26-04-2004, 23:39
Well, finally, a real test for Mexico. Mexico hasn't played against a decent squad since the Gold cup last year, so finally Mexico gets a chance to test their good players.

This Wednesday, Mexico faces the United States. Oh it will definitely be a great game, the "North America Derby" if you will. Us comes with a nearly full squad, as does Mexico, but both are missing a few instrumental European players.

US comes without Fulham players Mcbride and Carlos Bocanegra, along with Claudio Reyna from Man City, and Sanneh will also be missing.
Mexico Plays without Rafa Marquez, Gerardo Torrado, and Nery Alberto Castillo, who seems to be siding with Mexico rather than Uruguay, but preferred to play with Olympiakos for the moment.
Also, Cuauhtemoc Blanco's noticable absense was due to a problem entering the United States, not from the Coach's failure to cap him.



Player to watch:
Mexico: Mexico comes with a very balanced squad, they have a handful of veterans and a handful of rookies. This game will be for the rookies to shine.
Watch out for Mario Perez. This young Necaxa winger has shown a lot of promise in his last game with Mexico, and will be full of surprises on wednesday, where he is expected to start.
Luis Ernesto Perez has more experience than the other Perez, but has been away from the national team due to injury. Expect him to come ready t prove himself again against a strong US squad.
Wednesday will mark Duilio Davino's Second game in a year with the National side. Davino was injured a little less than a year ago with a torn knee ligament, and has been nursing it since. He has, however, shown a lot of progress, and has recently made spectacular plays for America as he returns to his top form. Watch him as he tries to prove his value to the team.


Mexican Squad is as follows


1. Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara
2. Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia
3. Salvador Carmona Defensa Guadalajara
4. Ricardo Osorio Defensa Cruz Azul
5. Duilio Davino Defensa América
6. Omar Briceño Defensa Tigres
7. Francisco J. Rodríguez Defensa Guadalajara
8. Héctor Altamirano Defensa Santos
9. Mario Pérez Defensa Necaxa
10. Luis Ernesto Pérez Medio Monterrey
11. Israel López Medio Toluca
12. Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa
13. Pavel Pardo Medio América
14. Octavio Valdez Medio Pachuca
15. José de Jesús Mendoza Delantero América
16. Omar Bravo Delantero Guadalajara
17. Jared Borguetti Delantero Santos
18. Emilio Mora Delantero Veracruz

US squad as follows

Goalkeepers (2): Kevin Hartman (Los Angeles Galaxy), Jonny Walker (MetroStars);
Defenders (5): Chris Albright (Los Angeles Galaxy), Dan Califf (Los Angeles Galaxy), Cory Gibbs (Dallas Burn), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Eddie Pope (MetroStars);
Midfielders (6): Chris Armas (Chicago Fire), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose Earthquakes), Pat Noonan (New England Revolution), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards);
Forwards (5): Conor Casey (Karslruhe), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Jovan Kirovski (Los Angeles Galaxy), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).

XZeRo3003
26-04-2004, 23:43
Written by Kenneth Mendoza

Watch this match on Telemundo, HDnet, or Fox Sports World Wednesday at 5 pm Pacific Time

Stezagud
27-04-2004, 11:19
US comes without Fulham players Mcbride and Carlos Bocanegra, along with Claudio Reyna from Man City, and Sanneh will also be missing.

you forgot the Mighty Tim Howard :D

XZeRo3003
27-04-2004, 19:20
Oh yeah, you mean EPL goalkeeper of the year? Yeah, him, I forgot that guy, he won't be playing either (Which increases the chances of Mexico Scoring!!!!)

XZeRo3003
27-04-2004, 23:50
Probable line-ups:
Mexico (4-4-2):

--------------------Sanchez--------------------

----------------Davino--Rodriguez-----------

---Carmona-------------------------Briceño--

------------Pardo---------L.E.Perez----------

Altamirano---------------------------M.Perez

-------------Borguetti------Bravo-------------


Mexican Squad is as follows


1. Oswaldo Sánchez Portero Guadalajara
2. Moisés Muñoz Portero Morelia
3. Salvador Carmona Defensa Guadalajara
4. Ricardo Osorio Defensa Cruz Azul
5. Duilio Davino Defensa América
6. Omar Briceño Defensa Tigres
7. Francisco J. Rodríguez Defensa Guadalajara
8. Héctor Altamirano Defensa Santos
9. Mario Pérez Defensa Necaxa
10. Luis Ernesto Pérez Medio Monterrey
11. Israel López Medio Toluca
12. Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa
10. Luis Ernesto Pérez Medio Monterrey
11. Israel López Medio Toluca
12. Diego Martínez Medio Necaxa
13. Pavel Pardo Medio América
14. Octavio Valdez Medio Pachuca
15. José de Jesús Mendoza Delantero América
16. Omar Bravo Delantero Guadalajara
17. Jared Borguetti Delantero Santos
18. Emilio Mora Delantero Veracruz





US Squad: ???????????????

I really don't give a S**T, Mexico is still going to win

XZeRo3003
27-04-2004, 23:52
And I also just realized that they are missing Pablo Mastroeni, Umm, I say Mexico wins 1-0

XZeRo3003
28-04-2004, 22:50
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



CCCCCRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

rae
29-04-2004, 06:26
Originally posted by XZeRo3003
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



CCCCCRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!
ya mean what?!:rollani:

Debs
29-04-2004, 10:54
I don't think I've ever mentioned that I can get Mexican games. When Zamorano was with America I'd watch them whenever I could. Now we watch Chivas....Goirre will love this one...b/c of Fher of Mana--they're his team!;)

XZeRo3003
29-04-2004, 15:01
I think Goirre's team is now Pumas, because Pumas has Botero, some Bolivian guy.

Yes, the only soccer I get for free is Mexican soccer. Almost every match for free. Then I can pay to watch EPL, but other than that, I son't get any other soccer matches

Mufasa
17-05-2004, 11:52
y digo por que todos en ingles.? supongo que hablan español noi.??

XZeRo3003
17-05-2004, 12:51
Originally posted by XZeRo3003
****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



CCCCCRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

Ok, If anybody saw this Mexico vs. Usa game, you'd know that Pablo Mastroeni saved US's ass many times, he played SOOOO well.

XZeRo3003
17-05-2004, 12:54
Usa beat Mexico in the 93rd Minute, with 3 minutes of stoppage-time. It was a Goal from a Free kick, executed by Bobby Convey, and scored by Eddie Pope

rae
18-05-2004, 06:06
Originally posted by XZeRo3003
Usa beat Mexico in the 93rd Minute, with 3 minutes of stoppage-time. It was a Goal from a Free kick, executed by Bobby Convey, and scored by Eddie Pope
damn gringos:mad:
I guess that goal was not fair :rollani: 3 minutes.....**** how many times my team has lost in those f*ckin 3 or 5 minutes...:fero:
I shall ever stand in Mexico side while playin with usa:tong:
!Cheers, Kenny!

XZeRo3003
18-05-2004, 13:53
Originally posted by rae
damn gringos:mad:
I guess that goal was not fair :rollani: 3 minutes.....**** how many times my team has lost in those f*ckin 3 or 5 minutes...:fero:
I shall ever stand in Mexico side while playin with usa:tong:
!Cheers, Kenny!

Thanks Rae. With a Mexican Squad that appears to be improving every day more and more, I'm glad that we have one more travelling south of the US Border.

Well, to tell you the truth, USA seemed to have been the superior side. Donovan hit a great shot to the post in the first half, and although Mexico missed a few clear cut goal chances, including one where a striker was fouled by the America goal keeper in the box, and Borgetti proceeded to MISS a shot at an empty goal, USA was the team who constantly fueled the offense wit quick counter-attacks and great play up front.

Mexico's strongpoint, however, is their defense. Although US was pressuring most of the time, Mexico's defense was abe to control the situation 90% of the time, with the exclusion of the many runs made by the amazing Donovan.

And another thing, Mexico used a 3-2-3-2 for the first time in YEARS. They switched frm their traditional 4-4-2, I guess the Mexican coach was hoping to add an offensive spark, because if Mexico plans on taking any medals this summer, they need that offense. The 3-2-3-2 seemed a bit faulty in defense, although it is a beautiful formation, and I love seeing it in action.


------------------------Oswaldo Sánchez------------------------
---Francisco Rodríguez---Duilio Davino---Ricardo Osorio---
------------Pavel Pardo------------Diego Martínez------------
-Héctor Altamirano---Luis Ernesto Pérez---Octavio Valdez
---------------Omar Bravo-----Jared Borgetti----------------



Well, all in all, it was an even match. Both sdes played defensively, ad both held the opponent back efficiently.

But the score is a fair reflection of the supperior side.

XZeRo3003
18-05-2004, 15:50
Here are the plsyoff fixtures


Jaguares (1)
vs
Pachuca (8) vs Cruz Azul (11)

Pumas (2)
vs
Atlas (7)

Chivas (3)
vs
Atlante (6)

América (4)
vs
Toluca (5)

Cruz Azul plays against Pachuca this wednesda and saturaday, winner plays against Jaguares

Jaguares ends the season in first place, with most wins in the leage.

Pumas ends the league in second, but with the best defensive and offensive record scoring most and letting in the least amount of goals.

Way to go Goirre! They are definitely favorites for the title Alongside Jaguares

XZeRo3003
31-05-2004, 16:34
Amazing Results from Goirre's second placed Pumas, while America are upset, Chivas make a 3 goal comeback, and Cruz Azul Please crowds, where the Argentinians shine.


Away Leg

Jaguares 1 - Cruz Azul 2
A very even match, both teams came close to various goals, but in the end Cruz Azul were the victors. Jaguares Goalkeeper Ortiz commited a mistake in the back twice, and twice Cruz Azul took advantage. Luciano Figueroa draws first blood with a header from a corner kick, taking advantage of Ortiz's terrible run. The second was an Own goal, when one of the defenders, meaning to head the ball out placed it in his own net. Again, Ortiz was unfortunate to run outand miscommunicate, as he could have stopped the own goal.

Pumas 2 - Atlas 1
Pumas was the superior team as they made most chances. Botero scored both of Pumas' goals.

Chivas 0 - Atlante 2
Penalty converted by Luis Gabriel Rey and second goal came from Pacheco

America 2 - Toluca 3
Another Even match, Navia opens the scoring, with an equaliser from Da Silva. Again Navia gives Aguilas the lead, but Lozano and Da Silva give Toluca he Definite lead


THE EXCITING RETURN LEG

Jaguares 2 - Cruz Azul 2

Pumas 3 - Atlas 1
One would think that Atlas would improve their game because of their disadvantage on aggregate goals, but it was Pumas who showed Atlas why they have the best defensive and offensive record in league. Fonseca Begins th rampage, with Marioni following in the second half with a header, and then again Fonseco scres with a shot from outside the box. Atlas was able to pick up a consolation goal at the 88th minute with Robert da Pihno

Chivas 3 - Atlante 1
Another great match. Chivas came out with a full squad, who's international players will be practicing in Mexico, so they were available on saturday. Chivas hopes of reaching the semi's were shot down when Atlante's Fernando Arce scored early in the first half to bring the aggregate score to 3-0. However, with a big stroke of luck, two of Atlante's players were given Red cards, one in the frst half and the other early in the second. Immediately after after the second booking Civas countered witha goal fom Miguel Sabah. Shortly thereafter, goals came in from Bravo and Palencia.

America 0 - Toluca 1
A bland game lacking real opportunities, America was missing their top men from all three sectors of the field, Defense, Midfield and Attack, and were playing in front of an EMPTY estadio Azteca. Toluca's goal was scored late in the second half by Israel Lopez, with little time for America to recuperate and equalize the 4-2 aggregate lead.

XZeRo3003
10-10-2004, 22:57
GAWD Why are Mexicans so lazy! Mexico played really ugly on Sunday, beating St. Vincent 1-0. What's worst is that St. Vincent actually had a couple of chances of equalizing. After beating them 7-0 four days Earlier, Mexico plays a really crappy match and beats them by the minimum difference.

Mexico's coach, Ricardo La Volpe, is really getting on my nerves. I'm not going to blame him COMPLETELY for Mexico's failure in the Olympics and the American Cup, But he trust too much on his Toluca Players (he was formerly the coach of CD Toluca). Israel Lopez is not a great player, definitely not one of Mexico's greatest in my opinion, yet LaVolpe insists on making him a starter. Luis Ernesto Perez, a much better player never gets the playing time he deserves because LaVolpe prefers Lopez over him. He's better than Zinha, an amazing player for his club team, but I don't think he's really proved himself on the national team. Yet LaVolpe INSISTS on making him a starter. What a stubborn turd.

Mexico plays on wednesday against Trinidad and Tobago.

Until then, Peace y'all