PDA

View Full Version : Happy 5th anniversary old-timers!


Henrik
30-07-2004, 07:37
MilanMania was started in the early parts of 1999. Since then members have come and gone (mostly come, which is great :)).

This is a note to say happy 5th anniversary to those fellow members who joined before August 1999 and are still active :cheers: (active defined as having posted this year).

Debs, Goose, Nadir, Kui, Bram, CT, Jesper, Tapi, Eagle, Kris, Jan, Hesham, Oleg and anyone else I missed. Keep up the good work!

Forza Milan! :firedev:

PS. What happened to Tony, Wenjie and Duke?

kris
30-07-2004, 08:35
Jan is not active...

Wenjie got some new work, I managed to get him on ICQ once and he said as much and that he was not likely to have time to post at all.

Think I seen Tony (maybe on XT?), but not Duke.

Laudrup
30-07-2004, 09:02
Happy 5th anniversary old dudes. :star::D

Henrik
30-07-2004, 09:35
Jan is not active...
true, but he is listed as "owner", so I made an exception to the rule :sun:
(you gotto suck up to the capitalists ;))

argo
30-07-2004, 10:18
Happy 5th Anniversary, Seniors.... :)
I hope I can follow this forums as long as I can...

kris
30-07-2004, 10:48
true, but he is listed as "owner", so I made an exception to the rule :sun:
(you gotto suck up to the capitalists ;))

We hope he comes back as he simply vanished fromthe face of the earth... or was it from the screen of the internet? Reasons, unknown.

ACMILAN1983
30-07-2004, 11:09
Happy anniversary to the old timers. Actually, come to think of it, I started visiting the site in '99, although the forums I didn't visit until about 2002

housin7
30-07-2004, 11:49
Maybe some of the old poster would like to share how they find this forum existed?

As for me, I was browsing through yahoo.com sometime in 2001 and somehow just typed in Milanmania out of nowhere.. Strange story, but it was true, thanks God that I ended up in this forum and none others!

Forza Milan

Forza Milanmania!

Forza old members :clap: :respect:

Reza
30-07-2004, 11:55
Happy 5th everybody, to another 5 and more :cheers:

Sandra
30-07-2004, 15:42
My story goes like that; my friend sent me the link of Billy and his fiancee MArtina and that was this site's Who's footballer's wife is the most beautiful... after that i just started checking it regularly and eventually joined.

Happy anniversary old people!

triniman
30-07-2004, 16:15
hahahaha.....you old people......

err...wait a minute....i'm just 2 months younger.....d@mn

Henrik
30-07-2004, 17:55
hahahaha.....you old people......

err...wait a minute....i'm just 2 months younger.....d@mn

I guess we will have to do a new aniversary in 2 months then ;)
Hold out Trini, I know you can make it :)

On the question of how I found the site: I actually did an Altavista search, search-string: +"ac milan" +maldini. I was looking for a desktop theme. Those were the days when Altavista was still popular, but still didn't own the Altavista.com domain. Sweet memories... :rolleyes:

jani
30-07-2004, 19:46
I got to know MM through www.ACMilan-Online.com , I site I usually visited for Milan news.

Not anymore though

Debs
31-07-2004, 06:46
:firedev:

My story is that I discovered AC Milan in a round-about way when I was in France in June of 1998. When I got home I started to surf and discovered a fan site called Il Diavolo.....it was Jan's original site. I joined the email list as well, and eventually Jan and I started to communicate. He was getting into the Web stuff and was creating a new site for Milna--called Milan Mania--so I was around for the "birth" so to speak. I got to see designs and give my opinion and so on. Ditto with Xtratime, in fact I helped Jan choose the name for it.

I was a total rookie to the team but he liked my enthusiasm so much that he dubbed me the cheer leader. Pretty soon he approached me about being his first, one and only moderator....first here at MM....and I had the same powers as he did when it came to deleting stuff, and all the stuff admins do. I also became his first mod at XT, which by the way had incorporated a forum site where I first met Goose, so this is going way, way back. I think Goose was just about the first Milan fan I had contact with other than Jan!

That's my earliest ties to this site, been here ever since. When Jan left us due to a personal situation, I had to buy the domain or we would have lost it and the site, so I'm the owner now. I'm trying to get Jan back to at least post....

kat
05-08-2004, 04:45
I have absolutely no idea who are Hesham or Nadir.
And you forgot Pablo.
Oh, and hi people.

Henrik
05-08-2004, 07:44
I have absolutely no idea who are Hesham or Nadir.
And you forgot Pablo.
Oh, and hi people.

You almost made the cut for the anniversary Kat ;) Can't say I remember Hesham either, but according to the records he has posted quite a bit.

Debs; Great stroy, thanks for all your work :)

kat
05-08-2004, 08:31
I can't remember much about these old days but I do remember Kui called me an Inter spy in the very first day.We still have to go and have a drink in Hawaii.
And Jens still sends me a xmas card every year tho we haven't spoken for years and I have no idea where he is.

RIO
05-08-2004, 11:36
When I first encountered MM (which was in August 1999), I was too scared to register to post because the first thread I read was Kui just ripping into to some poor innocent who made some stupid remark. I was pretty sure it'd happen to me. ;) Then I gathered up some courage and registered. We've had some pretty wild times here, to say the least. Whatever happened to Bodat? :D Seriously, I haven't seen him around for a while (is he doing some 'missionary' work in the jungle? ;)), and the site is not the same without our Bodat. And Oleg isn't here enough. Oleg, I still love you! :D If I'm ever in St. Petersburg...;)
RIO

Inferno
05-08-2004, 12:37
Congrats!

Anyone who don't know who is Hesham is most likely do not follow the most interesting topics here which are the POST-game comments. His posts are excellent, I like to read 'em.

Duke is located at GM

Goirre
07-08-2004, 00:59
congrats to 'the oldies', your wisdom is appreciated ;)

Curtis talking about old people :rollani: , that's like Sandra talking about how bad drinking is

:D

Sandra
08-08-2004, 07:08
congrats to 'the oldies', your wisdom is appreciated ;)

Curtis talking about old people :rollani: , that's like Sandra talking about how bad drinking is

:D
HEY!!! :scream:



Oh well maybe he's right.... :tong: :lala:

Debs
08-08-2004, 14:20
Pablo.....haven't heard from him in quite a while, he and I used to ICQ alot. Kui....now there's a spark plug!!! Well, at least some of us oldies but goodies have stuck around. hehehe...someone has to pass along our history to you young whippersnappers! Now would you please hand me my cane and hearign aid? :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oleg
10-10-2004, 15:39
Wish I could come here every 5-6 hours like I used to do 5 years ago!!!

RIO! I love you, you know!!!

rae
11-10-2004, 06:58
Well, tou look so old guys...:D
and I am quite young in comparison:D hhhhhaaaaahhhhhhahaaaahhahaha

Long live :star: MM :star:

mk18
11-10-2004, 16:54
happy aniversary oldies

by the what is it with u guys and 1 word nicknames?