AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-07-2004, 07:37   #1

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Happy 5th anniversary old-timers!

MilanMania was started in the early parts of 1999. Since then members have come and gone (mostly come, which is great ).

This is a note to say happy 5th anniversary to those fellow members who joined before August 1999 and are still active (active defined as having posted this year).

Debs, Goose, Nadir, Kui, Bram, CT, Jesper, Tapi, Eagle, Kris, Jan, Hesham, Oleg and anyone else I missed. Keep up the good work!

Forza Milan!

PS. What happened to Tony, Wenjie and Duke?
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 08:35   #2

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Jan is not active...

Wenjie got some new work, I managed to get him on ICQ once and he said as much and that he was not likely to have time to post at all.

Think I seen Tony (maybe on XT?), but not Duke.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.

Last edited by kris; 30-07-2004 at 08:39.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 09:02   #3

Laudrup

Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12 2000
Location: Cph.
Laudrup is on a distinguished road
Happy 5th anniversary old dudes.
Laudrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 09:35   #4

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris
Jan is not active...
true, but he is listed as "owner", so I made an exception to the rule
(you gotto suck up to the capitalists )
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 10:18   #5

argo

Registered User
 
argo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Indonesia
Fave Players: Andriy Shevchenko, Eric Cantona
argo is on a distinguished road
Happy 5th Anniversary, Seniors....
I hope I can follow this forums as long as I can...
__________________
Don't Drink and Drive...


Smoke and Fly!!!

argo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 10:48   #6

kris

Jedi Master
 
kris's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 1999
Location: Viking land
Fave Players: Past, present and future Milan players
kris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
true, but he is listed as "owner", so I made an exception to the rule
(you gotto suck up to the capitalists )
We hope he comes back as he simply vanished fromthe face of the earth... or was it from the screen of the internet? Reasons, unknown.
__________________
If you are woman, PM me.
kris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 11:09   #7

ACMILAN1983

Registered User
 
ACMILAN1983's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01 2004
Location: England
Fave Players: Maldini, Pirlo and rest of Milan
ACMILAN1983 will become famous soon enough
Happy anniversary to the old timers. Actually, come to think of it, I started visiting the site in '99, although the forums I didn't visit until about 2002
ACMILAN1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 11:49   #8

housin7

Registered User
 
housin7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2001
Fave Players: Bierhoff+Sheva
housin7 is on a distinguished road
Maybe some of the old poster would like to share how they find this forum existed?

As for me, I was browsing through yahoo.com sometime in 2001 and somehow just typed in Milanmania out of nowhere.. Strange story, but it was true, thanks God that I ended up in this forum and none others!

Forza Milan

Forza Milanmania!

Forza old members
__________________
Sorry Dzeko, but we've already signed Christian Vieri, please come back when you're forty and free
housin7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 11:55   #9

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
Happy 5th everybody, to another 5 and more
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 15:42   #10

Sandra

Registered User
 
Sandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06 2003
Location: BRESCIA, Italia
Fave Players: Sandro Nesta
Sandra will become famous soon enoughSandra will become famous soon enough
My story goes like that; my friend sent me the link of Billy and his fiancee MArtina and that was this site's Who's footballer's wife is the most beautiful... after that i just started checking it regularly and eventually joined.

Happy anniversary old people!
__________________
Non venite ad insegnarmi
come dovrei vivere la mia vita....
...se ho bisogno
ve lo faccio sapere
Sandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 16:15   #11

triniman

Moderator
 
Join Date: 09 1999
Location: trinidad
Fave Players: leonardo
triniman is on a distinguished road
hahahaha.....you old people......

err...wait a minute....i'm just 2 months younger.....d@mn
triniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 17:55   #12

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by triniman
hahahaha.....you old people......

err...wait a minute....i'm just 2 months younger.....d@mn
I guess we will have to do a new aniversary in 2 months then
Hold out Trini, I know you can make it

On the question of how I found the site: I actually did an Altavista search, search-string: +"ac milan" +maldini. I was looking for a desktop theme. Those were the days when Altavista was still popular, but still didn't own the Altavista.com domain. Sweet memories...

Last edited by Henrik; 30-07-2004 at 17:59.
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2004, 19:46   #13

jani

Registered User
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Milanello
jani is on a distinguished road
I got to know MM through www.ACMilan-Online.com , I site I usually visited for Milan news.

Not anymore though
__________________
I've got a devil in me
jani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2004, 06:46   #14

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough


My story is that I discovered AC Milan in a round-about way when I was in France in June of 1998. When I got home I started to surf and discovered a fan site called Il Diavolo.....it was Jan's original site. I joined the email list as well, and eventually Jan and I started to communicate. He was getting into the Web stuff and was creating a new site for Milna--called Milan Mania--so I was around for the "birth" so to speak. I got to see designs and give my opinion and so on. Ditto with Xtratime, in fact I helped Jan choose the name for it.

I was a total rookie to the team but he liked my enthusiasm so much that he dubbed me the cheer leader. Pretty soon he approached me about being his first, one and only moderator....first here at MM....and I had the same powers as he did when it came to deleting stuff, and all the stuff admins do. I also became his first mod at XT, which by the way had incorporated a forum site where I first met Goose, so this is going way, way back. I think Goose was just about the first Milan fan I had contact with other than Jan!

That's my earliest ties to this site, been here ever since. When Jan left us due to a personal situation, I had to buy the domain or we would have lost it and the site, so I'm the owner now. I'm trying to get Jan back to at least post....
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 04:45   #15
kat
Guest
 
I have absolutely no idea who are Hesham or Nadir.
And you forgot Pablo.
Oh, and hi people.
  Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:36.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.