PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Serie A


Edmando
07-09-2004, 15:25
Does anyone of you join those fantasy games online? I am in Yahoo one... anyone one interested to form a group?? =D

dabdob
08-09-2004, 03:03
Does anyone of you join those fantasy games online? I am in Yahoo one... anyone one interested to form a group?? =D

I am on the freefantasyfootball one, but I'll join the yahoo one. Could you provide me with the link?

Edmando
08-09-2004, 03:27
The url...
http://it.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/


I am under the group of Tifosi del Milan... I don't know if anyone here has created anything yet...

housin7
08-09-2004, 04:18
same here, I play the EPL and freefantasyfootball one, will join the serie-A later tonight.

dabdob
08-09-2004, 05:43
Ok, I have registered. My team name is My_Milan2004, altough it does not include all milan players, but that is the way when you have limited budget. Any way, I have located the group and its name is written in my page, but when I hit the link, only my team appears. I don't no if I have joined the group or not! What is you team name and yahoo id? My yahoo is dabdob078

Nona
08-09-2004, 14:04
sounds interesting, but I don't know how it works. Can you explain it to me, please ?

Edmando
08-09-2004, 15:15
dabdob, ok, i created a group called "milanmania group". Hopefully there is not legal issue against that. The group ID is 1355/ password: Milan (Of course, what else??) I don't think I need to send you an email invitation... cuz you should have enov info above to join the league.

Nona, you just need to have a yahoo account and then go to yahoo.com. Click on sport -> fantasy -> more -> Serie A - Italiano -> and then register your team. Should be pretty simple. I don;t think they have it in english. Everything there is in italian. So, get to learn some language then -D

Henrik
08-09-2004, 15:50
If anyone who does not speak italian is desparate to join, there is allways the option of translating the site to english using Babelfish (http://babelfish.altavista.com/) :)

(Disclaimer: using Babelfish may/will cause confusion)

dabdob
08-09-2004, 16:55
sounds interesting, but I don't know how it works. Can you explain it to me, please ?

Mabye you want to register for the english primer league to get used for the procedure. And then register at the seriaA, it is the same process

dabdob
08-09-2004, 16:57
dabdob, ok, i created a group called "milanmania group". Hopefully there is not legal issue against that. The group ID is 1355/ password: Milan (Of course, what else??) I don't think I need to send you an email invitation... cuz you should have enov info above to join the league.

Nona, you just need to have a yahoo account and then go to yahoo.com. Click on sport -> fantasy -> more -> Serie A - Italiano -> and then register your team. Should be pretty simple. I don;t think they have it in english. Everything there is in italian. So, get to learn some language then -D

I just joined the group. Good luck!

tbouks02
08-09-2004, 17:32
Here is the English version of Yahoo Serie A Fantasy football: http://us.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football

cab
08-09-2004, 18:39
Hi.
UEFA have now ready their fantasy league for the season 2004/2005. I created the Milanmania league and I hope that you will like to join me there:

the link is:
http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

Name of the league: Milanmania
code: 8861-7951

Edmando
08-09-2004, 20:34
Here is the English version of Yahoo Serie A Fantasy football: http://us.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football


excellent, you prove me wrong... Seems like more people are joining in... :cool:

dabdob
09-09-2004, 03:59
Here is the English version of Yahoo Serie A Fantasy football: http://us.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/football

When I logged on, it sent me back to the italian version :googly:

dabdob
09-09-2004, 04:12
Hi.
UEFA have now ready their fantasy league for the season 2004/2005. I created the Milanmania league and I hope that you will like to join me there:

the link is:
http://en.uclfantasy.uefa.com/

Name of the league: Milanmania
code: 8861-7951

The UCL fantasy league sucks this time. I can only choose two players from Milan!!! :wallbang:

cab
09-09-2004, 12:54
The UCL fantasy league sucks this time. I can only choose two players from Milan!!! :wallbang:
it's truth :funpc:

Henrik
09-09-2004, 14:52
Hey this Yahoo thing is fun! :)
This is my team (3-4-3):
Portillo-Trezegol-JDT
Veron-Emerson-Kaka-Gattuso
Favalli-Maldini-Nesta
Buffon

CuoreRossoNero
09-09-2004, 14:59
dabdob, ok, i created a group called "milanmania group". Hopefully there is not legal issue against that. The group ID is 1355/ password: Milan (Of course, what else??) I don't think I need to send you an email invitation... cuz you should have enov info above to join the league.

Nona, you just need to have a yahoo account and then go to yahoo.com. Click on sport -> fantasy -> more -> Serie A - Italiano -> and then register your team. Should be pretty simple. I don;t think they have it in english. Everything there is in italian. So, get to learn some language then -D


I just joined as well. This looks really cool I've never done something like this before.

Henrik
09-09-2004, 15:11
dabdob, ok, i created a group called "milanmania group". Hopefully there is not legal issue against that. The group ID is 1355/ password: Milan (Of course, what else??) I don't think I need to send you an email invitation... cuz you should have enov info above to join the league.

I joined the group with a team called "MilanMania" :)

Edmando
09-09-2004, 15:23
Excellent... it will be fun to compete with each other ... :diablo:

Reza
09-09-2004, 15:34
I am in as well

Henrik
09-09-2004, 15:36
I looks like some new players to the league are "cheap", like Veron and Portillo. Please let me know if you find others.

Reza
09-09-2004, 15:44
I think Zlatan at 7.03 and Chivu at 6.75 could be good deals.

dabdob
09-09-2004, 16:32
Hey this Yahoo thing is fun! :)
This is my team (3-4-3):
Portillo-Trezegol-JDT
Veron-Emerson-Kaka-Gattuso
Favalli-Maldini-Nesta
Buffon

Henrik: How can you include an Interista player in you team?!!! :mad: :D :D

dabdob
09-09-2004, 16:33
I looks like some new players to the league are "cheap", like Veron and Portillo. Please let me know if you find others.

Players who are new to SerieA (true for veron and crespo) are cheaper than those who are playing for years

Stezagud
09-09-2004, 16:40
think Zlatan at 7.03 and Chivu at 6.75 could be good deals.

so did i, until you told everyone about them ;)

Henrik
09-09-2004, 16:57
Henrik: How can you include an Interista player in you team?!!! :mad: :D :D
Don't you know? Milan loves to include Inter-players in its squad, especially when the players come cheap ;) Seedorf, Pirlo, Simic etc etc :D

On Zlatan and Chivu: I am not sure the will be playing the first game.

dabdob
09-09-2004, 18:17
Don't you know? Milan loves to include Inter-players in its squad, especially when the players come cheap ;) Seedorf, Pirlo, Simic etc etc :D

On Zlatan and Chivu: I am not sure the will be playing the first game.

Well, we ony include players that went to Inter by mistake, and we usually swap them with real Interista players that came to us also by mistake. I don't think the rule apply to Veron :D :D

ilgenio
09-09-2004, 21:55
Buffon at 11.72 is really value for money.
Can't believe he's so cheap! :eekani:

GuySmiley
10-09-2004, 01:29
I joined the group with a team called "MilanMania" :)

cant find the group, or the id number

dabdob
10-09-2004, 02:35
Hey this Yahoo thing is fun! :)
This is my team (3-4-3):
Portillo-Trezegol-JDT
Veron-Emerson-Kaka-Gattuso
Favalli-Maldini-Nesta
Buffon

By the way, here is my team:

----------Dida----------
Mexes Nesta Maldini Chivu

De Rossi Emerson Kaka Ambrosini

Sheva Ibrahimovic

jani
10-09-2004, 09:12
lol! :D

dont share your teams!!

it wont be fun!

jani
10-09-2004, 09:15
my team is Calcio Tsar btw

m1ke
10-09-2004, 13:15
ive finished my team. how do you join the group? i cant seem to work it out (my italian sucks)

Stezagud
10-09-2004, 13:24
From the page where you have made your team :

1) There are 3 options inb the top right corner, one of them is Inizio, click it.

2) On the next screen click the big yellow button in the middle of the screen (it says "crea o entra in un gruppo")

3) now you have 2 options click the right one "Iscriviti a un gruppo privato "

4) enter the group ID ( 1355 ) and the password ( Milan ) in the relevant boxes

5) welcome to the league :)

m1ke
10-09-2004, 13:28
From the page where you have made your team :

1) There are 3 options inb the top right corner, one of them is Inizio, click it.

2) On the next screen click the big yellow button in the middle of the screen (it says "crea o entra in un gruppo")

3) now you have 2 options click the right one "Iscriviti a un gruppo privato "

4) enter the group ID ( 1355 ) and the password ( Milan ) in the relevant boxes

5) welcome to the league :)

thanks very much for your help :D my team is "m1ke_4_m1lan"

Stezagud
10-09-2004, 13:47
I'm The Flying Dog Music !

Giovanni
10-09-2004, 15:06
My club is the terrible, unbeatable, scaring, tacky:


MAFIAFOOTBALLCLUB :sun:
Let's start with a robbery :crazy:

Just tell you my strikers:

SHEVA-ADRIANO :crazy:
what a ridiculous frontline :star:

dabdob
10-09-2004, 15:45
My club is the terrible, unbeatable, scaring, tacky:


MAFIAFOOTBALLCLUB :sun:
Let's start with a robbery :crazy:

Just tell you my strikers:

SHEVA-ADRIANO :crazy:
what a ridiculous frontline :star:

You see, I wanted to include Adriano in my team, but I have a policy of no Interista allowed :D :D :D

Giovanni
10-09-2004, 16:17
Is there something for prize for the member who win the championship?

Giovanni
10-09-2004, 16:26
MAFIAFOOTBALLCLUB

-------------------Buffon
---------Bonera---Maldini---Favalli
--Gasbarroni-Ambrosini- De Rossi---Stankovic
--------------------Kaką
---------Shevchenko
----------------------Adriano


Come on everyone has to post the team

Henrik
10-09-2004, 17:37
I simply had to change my team, given that it is called "MilanMania" :) No more Inter-players and as many Milan players as possible.;) Anyway, here it is (and it won't change this time)

-----------------Sheva - JDT
Seedorf - Ambrosini - Kaka - Gattuso - De Rossi
-----------Maldini - Nesta - Mexes
--------------------Buffon

I managed to get 8 Milan players in the team, not too bad.:)

Giovanni
10-09-2004, 18:06
henrik how will you get points if seedorf won't play tomorrow?
from what i've understood you can change it every week

Henrik
10-09-2004, 18:13
Well either Seedorf or Ambrosini will likely play and given that Milan will win by 5 or 6 goals (;)) I can affort to play with only 10 men earning points (Jure-style) :)

m1ke
10-09-2004, 18:19
heres mine :D


---- Shevchenko -- Toni -- Ibrahimovic ----
------------------------------------------
-- De Rossi -- Kaka -- Davids -- Emerson --
------------------------------------------
------ Chivu ----- Nesta ----- Stam ------
------------------------------------------
----------------- Buffon -----------------


anyone else noticed that they still have stam playing for lazio? :irritate:

Giovanni
10-09-2004, 18:29
Mike how could you buy all thse superstars with 100 millions?
There must be some Roma like trick :)

m1ke
10-09-2004, 18:31
lol, the pricing seems a bit strange. like de rossi at only 3.05! i would of thought he would have been higher than that after the summer he's had.

ilgenio
10-09-2004, 20:58
lol, the pricing seems a bit strange. like de rossi at only 3.05! i would of thought he would have been higher than that after the summer he's had.

The players' value changes weekly, and it's possible to have dramatic increase/decrease in their value depending on their performances.

I also joined the Yahoo Fantasy Futbol for LaLiga (now in Week 2) and after Week 1's performances, both Raul and Aimar are valued at only 1.0 :eekani: cause Raul was injured early in the game in Week 1 and Aimar was not playing. Zidane's value dropped to 5.0 (from around 18.32) after having an "invisible" game. And Iker Casillas is now valued at 42.70 (a jump of 26.62 :eekani: ) after making 9 saves & keeping a clean sheet in Week 1! So it's a good bargain hunting week for me cause I've had 6 Real Madrid players in my team. :grinser:

So it's possible for De Rossi to be valued at 15.00 in Week 2 if he has a Tottiesque game this week. :smileani:

guid0
10-09-2004, 21:18
i joined it, my team is "I Diavoli" GOOOD LUCK !!!

Goirre
10-09-2004, 21:57
Just joined both the UCL League in Uefa.com and the Yahoo thing! good luck!! ....with me around, you will need it :D

tbouks02
10-09-2004, 23:51
I'm going with a very youthful squad hoping to get some great talent before their value rises:

---------------------Dida
------Bonera-------Zebina-------Maldini
Gasbarroni----Kaka-------De Rossi-----Montolivo
--------Cassano----Toni----Pazzini

dabdob
11-09-2004, 03:05
I simply had to change my team, given that it is called "MilanMania" :) No more Inter-players and as many Milan players as possible.;) Anyway, here it is (and it won't change this time)

-----------------Sheva - JDT
Seedorf - Ambrosini - Kaka - Gattuso - De Rossi
-----------Maldini - Nesta - Mexes
--------------------Buffon

I managed to get 8 Milan players in the team, not too bad.:)

Now I am proud of you :proud: :D:D:D

m1ke
11-09-2004, 05:11
The players' value changes weekly, and it's possible to have dramatic increase/decrease in their value depending on their performances.

I also joined the Yahoo Fantasy Futbol for LaLiga (now in Week 2) and after Week 1's performances, both Raul and Aimar are valued at only 1.0 :eekani: cause Raul was injured early in the game in Week 1 and Aimar was not playing. Zidane's value dropped to 5.0 (from around 18.32) after having an "invisible" game. And Iker Casillas is now valued at 42.70 (a jump of 26.62 :eekani: ) after making 9 saves & keeping a clean sheet in Week 1! So it's a good bargain hunting week for me cause I've had 6 Real Madrid players in my team. :grinser:

So it's possible for De Rossi to be valued at 15.00 in Week 2 if he has a Tottiesque game this week. :smileani:

ahhh right, thanks! it all makes sense now :grinser: so you are able to change your team mid-week as many times as you like aslong as you stay within the 100?

ilgenio
11-09-2004, 06:07
ahhh right, thanks! it all makes sense now :grinser: so you are able to change your team mid-week as many times as you like aslong as you stay within the 100?

Yes, you are able to change the team as many times as you like before the dateline for the next league game, so long as you are within your salary cap.

100 mil is the initial salary cap, but the cap will be increased if your players performed very well & earned points. For example, if Zlatan, currently valued at 7.03 scored 4 goals & his valued increased to say 25.00 for the next game, your salary cap will be increased by 17.97 based on Zlatan's increase in value. So, you can have a salary cap of 200+ mil if majority of your players have a big increase in their value.

Of course, if your players suck then you can expect a big drop in their value as well. :grinser:

BTW, for all those who had Sheva in their lineup, you can expect a big drop in his value next week if he's not playing tonight. And I think the dateline for this week has passed too :grinser:

Giovanni
11-09-2004, 06:58
Sheva will play and score hat trick:D

housin7
11-09-2004, 13:16
Just joined both the UCL League in Uefa.com and the Yahoo thing! good luck!! ....with me around, you will need it :D

Didnt we have the UCL League in UEFA.com last year as well? Who won it?

Good luck to all players ;)

BaggioForever
13-09-2004, 02:49
ok i know tis is stupid..but I CANT SEEM TO BUY THE PLAYERS OR CHANGE THE FORMATION??!!...is it me..or is there a period where you r blocked from buying any players??...my options all cannot be clicked...:groan:...help please??

tbouks02
13-09-2004, 02:57
From Saturday morning until Monday morning nobody can change their roster. They are updating the points and values of the players.

BaggioForever
13-09-2004, 03:32
ahh thanx a million!~

CuoreRossoNero
16-09-2004, 09:26
Hi, I am new to this fantasy league thing so this may sound like a stupid question. Do my points for week 1 stay the same no matter who I buy and sell? For example if I sell Seedorf and buy some other midfielder do I lose the points that Seedorf made for me in week 1 or is each week different from another.

Thanks

Stezagud
16-09-2004, 10:54
if I sell Seedorf and buy some other midfielder do I lose the points that Seedorf made for me in week 1 or is each week different from another

each week is different. Seedorf has gone up by 10 - 15 points so if you wanted to sell him now you would have all the extra points to spend too.

Henrik
16-09-2004, 11:00
Buy cheep and sell expensive. Totti is much cheaper now and so is Dida. Seedorf is very expensive.

The trick is to figure out what will happen in the future, just like the stock market. Difficult but fun! :)

Stezagud
16-09-2004, 11:05
Stop telling everyone where the good bargains are ;)

Henrik
16-09-2004, 11:08
Common Steza! There has to be some benefit to reading this thread, don't you think? ;)
But maybe you are right, if we stopped giving advice we alone could rule the fantasy football universe ;)

Stezagud
16-09-2004, 11:19
Common Steza! There has to be some benefit to reading this thread, don't you think?
But maybe you are right, if we stopped giving advice we alone could rule the fantasy football universe

Exactly :D

This thread should be a place where people come to praise our brilliance, not share it :D

Henrik
16-09-2004, 11:25
"Kneel before Zob" kind of thing? :D

Reza
16-09-2004, 11:34
or how about 'fantasy secrets for cash' ? :D

m1ke
16-09-2004, 11:45
Totti is much cheaper now and so is Dida.

do you know how many games dida will be suspended for, if any?

Stezagud
16-09-2004, 11:47
yeah, i'll even throw in a few of my gambling tips ;)

Stezagud
16-09-2004, 11:49
do you know how many games dida will be suspended for, if any?

I dont know how the system works in Italy but i'd guess at a 1 game ban, possibly the 3rd game of the season?

Someone else will probably know for sure though

Henrik
16-09-2004, 13:52
1 has been confirmed that he gets a 1 match ban.

cab
16-09-2004, 17:43
Common Steza! There has to be some benefit to reading this thread, don't you think? ;)
Exactly :D
Time to buy Tomasson. His prize is only +/-2.5M :love:

Edmando
17-09-2004, 14:51
Tomasson might not even start... I am thinking of picking up Borriello... seems like he's back + cheap...

Goirre
22-09-2004, 22:28
looks like the Matchday 3 is not considered for the game?? :confused: (maybe non of the 4 mid-week matches will be considered)

Goirre
23-09-2004, 09:10
looks like the Matchday 3 is not considered for the game?? :confused: (maybe non of the 4 mid-week matches will be considered)
nevermind about this....they did count Round 3...too bad...most of my team were Milan players...and well, we all know how they did on round 3....

ilgenio
24-09-2004, 04:30
nevermind about this....they did count Round 3...too bad...most of my team were Milan players...and well, we all know how they did on round 3....

Tough luck Carlos. :delol:

If you have a midweek game right after a weekend game then you have to pick the players whom you think will perform well for 2 games straight, so that you will get double the points.

Tough luck for me too. I picked Javier Zanetti (and got ZERO points cos Zanetti missed the 2 games through injury), and ZERO for Portillo who did bugger all (Can't believe he did not even have a shot on target, which would have at least earned me some points...).

Well at least zero is still better than negative. :devf:

Opponents and home advantage are very important in your team selection. So I'm gambling on a truckload of Roma & Juve players this week :grinser: , but I can't afford Buffon and all those pricey Juve defenders.

Goirre
24-09-2004, 18:38
well....I'm not changing my team much for round 4....I think Milan will do great on Sunday.......well.....they better do great ;)

Buffon was my keeper for the first 2 rounds....then Dida.....he costs next to nothing after missing 2 rounds and receiving 2 goals in his first match.

Goirre
07-11-2004, 22:57
so....how is eveyone doing?....it's looking good from up here :D :D

I just saw ilgenio talking about the game in another thread, and so I thought of bringing this thread back......the game is fun so far, I just wish I would stop selecting players that end up being on the bench :D , or even worse getting sent off in a double match week. Like now, I bought Parisi, probably one of the most expensive defenders, and the idiot got sent off, not only I will probably get negative points from him, but his value will go down and, what's even worse, he won't play on Wednesday and I can't change him, so I got a big fat 0 secured there.......yea, that's about the last brilliant move I made :D ......

but still, you will have to do some work to catch up ;)

btw, maybe members lounge will be a more suitable place for this thread, I hope u don't mind me moving it....and if you do, well, sue me :dcool:

Stezagud
08-11-2004, 10:24
it took me a few weeks to find the "cashcows" :D

It seems that Totti is probably the most obvious one in Serie A, he didnt score this week and still got more points than my other strikers (Sheva, Gilardino) who did :eek:

Goirre
09-11-2004, 00:33
Totti shoots a lot, that's gives quite some points....but sometimes he is disastrous...ater all, he IS Totti ;)

Looks like Sheva and Kaka won't play on Wednesday...there goes two players that will give me 0 points.....

Stezagud
09-11-2004, 10:48
Totti shoots a lot, that's gives quite some points....but sometimes he is disastrous...ater all, he IS Totti

sooner or later he'll get sent off to punish those of us who put him in our teams :)

He's like Henry in the Premiership version, i dont like either player but to not have them would be suicidal :D

ilgenio
09-11-2004, 11:33
With Totti, you are virtually guaranteed many shots on targets and many fouls won, and those alone can earn you more points than goals. But at times he's prone to the odd stupidity, I just hope he's not on my team when he does that. :grinser:

You're right Steza. Henry, Totti, Adriano, are must have players in your fantasy league teams, even if it means sacrificing your salary cap for mediocre midfielders and defenders to get them. Ditto for Casillas in the La Liga fantasy league, points for his saves alone more than makes up for his goals conceded. :eekani:

ilgenio
13-11-2004, 07:31
Transfer dateline has passed for Week 9 and I noticed many of you have Nedved in your team. Well, I'm pleased (in fact I'm very pleased :devf: ) to announce that Nerdy is suspended for the game against Lecce due to cummulative bookings, which means a BIG FAT ZERO added to your total points!! :devf: :devf: :devf: (Though I would been much happier if Carlos and Shevaholics had picked Nerdy too :delol: )

And since I'm still many points off the leading pack, I've decided not to be conservative about salary cap anymore and splashed out about 55M in Abramovich fashion on an attacking trident on the super performers (Sheva, Adriano and Totti). It's a big risk cause it's still uncertain as to whether Sheva will play, but high risk = high returns. :grinser:

Once again I've placed my trust in Stankovic and hopefully he will not do anything stupid this time, cause he "rewarded" me with a red card the last time I picked him. :wallbang: :v46:

Well good luck folks, especially to those who picked Nerdy!!! :neww: :nana:

Goirre
13-11-2004, 12:19
haha, yea, I picked Zambrotta, Cafu, Nesta, Sheva among others....although one or more of these might not play....well, they better, or else I'll have a word or two with the coaches :nunu:


:D

Goirre
16-01-2005, 18:40
refresh :D

#3 among the 'Tifosi di Milan' and #19 in the General Standings....I can finally say I found something I not that bad at :D

ilgenio
17-01-2005, 00:06
Enjoy your status as Winter Champions Carlito, it's the final standings that counts :devf:

I'm currently in 2nd place in the MM Group, though almost 300 points behind Carlos... :irritate: I'm in 5th place in the XT Group, though the gap between me and the XT leader is less than 100 points.

It's only at the halfway stage and I'm still confident of winning both the MM & XT Serie A fantasy league :stuckup: :grinser: :hopefull:

Goirre
17-01-2005, 16:04
don't worry man, there is always next season :D