View Full Version : No Pirlo, No Milan
Warro Bantan
14-02-2005, 17:44
Mods, if I am in the wrong forum, please feel free to move this post! :D
Ok, lets start with Galliani´s comment that we look totally out of sorts when Pirlo is absent...from channel4.com:
http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/feb14b.html
Milan Vice-president Adriano Galliani has described Andrea Pirlo as "irreplaceable" in the Rossoneri line-up.
The Italian missed last night’s 1-0 win at Reggina with injury and his absence was severely felt.
"We’ve not been able to find anybody on the transfer market as an alternative," Galliani stated. "Ariedo Braida and myself haven’t spotted anyone like Pirlo."
The loss of Pirlo is a major problem for the champions and Galliani has urged boss Carlo Ancelotti to recognise that fact.
"He is a player who can’t be replaced, therefore perhaps we should start thinking about playing in a different way," explained the San Siro chief.
"I’m not saying that Pirlo is the best player at this club, only that he has certain characteristics that can’t be substituted by somebody else.
"The four man defence is a characteristic of ours but perhaps there could be some changes made to the midfield.
"I’m not questioning Ancelotti who is a great Coach. I just want to point out that without Pirlo, we haven’t played in the Milan way at either Livorno or Reggina."
Can I get an "amen"?
It took long enough, but finally top management is through :angf: with Carlo and his insistence on playing Ambro and Gattuso when Pirlo is absent.
This has been something that I have been beating my gums (and wearing both keyboard and fingers out) about for some time now.
I watched 85% of the Reggina game, and let me tell you, I was embarassed.
We looked like a Serie A minnow, holding on for a draw, (or a one goal win) incapable of stringing 3 passes together for the majority of the match.
What I recommend, is when we cant field Pirlo, for whatever reason, we need to, as Galliani has suggested, change our tactics to better accommodate the players that we can field.
May I suggest a formation change then? How about a 4-3-2-1?
Let see:
Defense: Could care less, but lets do this properly:
Cafu---Nesta---Maldini----Kaladze/Pancaro
Seedorf---GattusoORAmbro----Dhorasso
----Rui Costa--Kaka----
-----Sheva-----
This way, we could have more stay at home defensive backs, with Gattuso dropping back when one or other goes on a (hopefully) :guw: marauding run up the flank...Seedorf and Dhorasso to be creative in the middle, while doing their fair share of tackling, and Rui and Kaka making amazing dribbles against packed defenses, allowing Sheva space to score.....
How hard is that Carlo?
If we field those two clowns against Man U, I guarantee a loss, with one or both getting red cards for late fouls on Ronaldo or the new boy, whats his name? Ahh Roony...or Ruud...who we all know is a dirty player (see the awful tackle on Cole in the Man U v Arsenal match).
Pirlo offers what most creative players lack, which is ball winning ability, combined with vision and passing to match that vision, a willingness to take the ball from the defender, or DM, and create an attacking move.
When we tried Rui in this role, he excelled, and for the life of me, I cant understand Carlo´s reluctance to try him in this role again. Pirlo will more than likely be out for our next match (Cagliari?) so that is the perfect opportunity for him to ring in the necessary changes.
Believe me, after yesterday´s performance, a want away Ambro can surely leave, as he cannot handle the central defensive midfield role at all at all at all.
Yet Vikash seems to be a likely replacement for Pirlo, though his tackling may not be up to par, but if Gattuso is given instructions to cover for the diminutive Frenchman, then this is an option that Carlo needs to look into.
What do u guys/gals think?
I watched the Reggina match and agree that the midfield looked dreadful without Pirlo. BUT he was playing last week against Lazio wasn't he, and the passing was still really bad for about 70 minutes of the game. I'm not disagreeing about his importance, but I think maybe the whole midfield is struggling with form at the moment, and I'm not sure Pirlo on his own will change that around.
I do agree about playing Dhorasoo though. I watched France v Sweden last week and he looked very good. I always rated him highly when he was at Lyon, and I saw Ancelotti saying recently how impressed he has been with him in training.
ACMILAN1983
14-02-2005, 19:05
What I recommend, is when we cant field Pirlo, for whatever reason, we need to, as Galliani has suggested, change our tactics to better accommodate the players that we can field.
This is the most important part of this whole ordeal imo. We don't have someone who can fulfill the Pirlo role without a big drop in quality in the side (not even Dhorasoo or Rui).
However, I can't say I have a certain solution available, there are many there, Carlo needs to find a suitable one.
I agree with those who say Ambro and Gattuso shouldn't start together. Although providing a solid cover for the backline, we lose a lot from our attacking game as the side lacks the runners and creative players to develop attacks.
There is only one solution at the moment when Pirlo is out. It isn't to replace him, but to adopt a system that can work without him.
Can I get an "amen"?
It took long enough, but finally top management is through :angf: with Carlo and his insistence on playing Ambro and Gattuso when Pirlo is absent.
Ambro and Gattuso have started only five matches together this season, we won four of them and lost one. Ambro has started in eight Serie A games - Milan won the six of them, drew one and lost one.
You don't see Zio Fester mention the Gattuso-Ambro partnership. It's clear to us all by now, even to our dear Uncle Fester :tong:, that Pirlo is a player you can't replace. I don't necessarily disagree about a trio of Seedorf, Gattuso and Dhorasoo in Pirlo's absence, with Ringhio positioned centrally; neither of Vikash and Clarence are the regista kinds of players imo and without one of those a hard-working defensive midfielder must be preferred.
I agree on two things:
1. Pirlo is irreplacable in his position
2. If Pirlo doesn't play it makes no sence to play the dimond formation midfield.
There are a couple of options IMO for when Pirlo does not play:
1. 4-3-2-1: Warro has allready elaborated on this formation
2. 4-2-3-1: Basically a variation on 1) as I envision this formation looking like this:
---------Sheva
-Seedorf-Kaka-Rui Costa
----Ambro-Gattuso
If we are in an attacking mood the three attacking mids could be Kaka-JDT-Rui
The bottom line for me is that it makes no sense to try to replace Pirlo with someone else. Regardless of what you think of his abilities, his characteristics are unique in the world for a player in that position (correct me if I am wrong)
Just to throw a spanner in the works :tongue1: As much as I love Pirlo, there is one player who come sto mind who could "replace" him. Xavi from Barca, last season Pirlo was the best in this position, but this season it has to be Xavi. I dont think he would come to milan just to be a sub though.
Kash, you are right, I didn't think of Xavi. But as you said, he would not come to Milan to be a sub :)
Is our midfield look awful because we lack creativity IN ATTACK, or look awful bwecuase we lack ability in DEFENSE?
Do we defend like a serie B team, i.e., conceded goal even when we defend, or do we defend like a champion?
Is our midfield look awful because we lack creativity IN ATTACK, or look awful bwecuase we lack ability in DEFENSE?
Do we defend like a serie B team, i.e., conceded goal even when we defend, or do we defend like a champion?
IMO we lack mostly attacking ability when Pirlo is missing, we just don't seem to be able to change from defence to attack quickly enough without him. The other challance is that opponents know that without Pirlo, all attacks go thru Kaka (or Cafu which is a constant)
IMO we lack mostly attacking ability when Pirlo is missing, we just don't seem to be able to change from defence to attack quickly enough without him. The other challance is that opponents know that without Pirlo, all attacks go thru Kaka (or Cafu which is a constant)
So can I take your proposition that we do NOT lack defending ability?
BaggioForever
15-02-2005, 03:31
We looked dreadful without Pirlo thats without a doubt. But like ACMILAN1983 had said, we shouldnt try to fill someone into his role but rather to adopt a system that can work without him.
Ambro and Gattuso can start together why not? From the stats, we are in favour when the both of them are playing together. Ambro like Ringho, are very good tacklers and ball-winners but Ambro has a slight advantage in heights :D which is essential in critical moments while Ringho has excellent stamina.
Hence, Warren are you sure you want Ambro to leave? That is what i am concerned.
Sheva7_Evo
15-02-2005, 05:13
our midfield is waaaay too defensive..
one DM is more then enough, especially when playing against mid/lower table teams. the back 4 are strong enough, plus not to forget...Dida
Henrik's formation is great thought its unlikely we with 1 striker.
A 3 man defense is unlikely but hopefully we'll be used more against 10 man defence teams. how bout:
Sheva Crespo
Kaka
Serginho Pirlo Dhorasoo Cafu
Maldini Stam Nesta
Dida
Is our midfield look awful because we lack creativity IN ATTACK, or look awful bwecuase we lack ability in DEFENSE?
In my opinion our midfield is a little weak defensively, because we have 3 playmakers in it, but that means we are strong going forward. At least we were before Carlo tried to compensate fot the lack of defensive cover. now we seem to be neither here nor there. I cant understand why Carlo is dismantleing the system he so brilliantly created :v46:
PirloDaBest
15-02-2005, 07:07
Hi guys
Look I am Andrea Pirlo's biggest fan. To me he is the best player in the world because of the options he offers. The skill and precision he has is like none other. And I agree 100% that their is no one in the world with the same qualities as him. He is a champion because of the fact that he is so unique.
However, I do believe Milan have options without him. Whe Pirlo is not available I would like to see the 3-4-2-1 used like this:
Dida
Stam, Nesta, Maldini
Cafu, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Serginho
Kaka, Rui Costa
Sheva/Crespo
Palermo used this formation a few times and do not have the players that we do. I think this is an options to bare in mind as I believe their is no back-up for Pirlo in the world.
freddydaddy7
15-02-2005, 10:48
i agree with U PirloDabest that formation is pretty good but only 2 changes i know i would love to make in Mid i would have Gattsuo and Dhorosoo or Ambro with Dhoroso so they can have better control of the ball and up front its fine but i would love to see the next game Rui, Sheva and Crespo that way with rui providin and sheva movin as he likes while Crespo sneaks behind them .
no dout milan misses Pirlo big time and the way he is being used on team and its very hard to find someone else in that postion with his vision u could easly notice how much we struggle through out the game but we should have other options and that is very important not lettin other teams see our weaknes
Pirlo is the engine, the brain, il genio, fantasista.... unique!
Well, most of the recent reports from Italy says that Rui Costa will be the substitute of Pirlo vs Cagliari, and Milan are back to a classic 4-4-2. this might be draw Seedorf out and put Serginho in instead.(?)
Warro Bantan
16-02-2005, 11:08
Where does that put Kaka? Along side Sheva as one of the 2 forwards in the 4-4-2, or is he to be pushed wide?
Dida
Stam, Nesta, Maldini
Cafu, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Serginho
Kaka, Rui Costa
Sheva/Crespo
Why Ambrosini instead of Seedorf or Dhorasoo?
These 2 are twice the players and have the "Milan skills" that Berlusconi loves so much.
Seedorf is much more better than Ambro or Dhorasoo, and I don't understand why many people here don't see it. Seedorf has to be a regular player in our squad, IMO he is more important than Gattuso.
I think that Pirlodabest's squad can be effective with some slight changes:
Dida
Stam, Nesta, Maldini
Cafu, Gattuso, Seedorf, Kaladze
Kaka, Rui Costa
Sheva
or maybe even this way:
Kaka Sheva
Crespo
And in case that nobody noticed, but SERGINHO SUCKS! This guy can't even make one normal cross, and why don't we see more of Coluccini??? I say that Anceloti should use this guy more often.
Sheva7_Evo
16-02-2005, 23:32
...and kaladze can cross!?
zlatanov
17-02-2005, 00:11
These tactics will work best if we had a Cafu type of player on the left flang. Right now Sergio is the only one in the squad who could play on the left wing with a 3-men defense behind him. The problem is he is very inconsistent and is no longer fit enough to keep running up and down the field for 90 minutes.
From next season we will have Jankulovski in our squad and I believe he will provide Carlo with a whole new world of options and this will allow Milan be much more tactically flexible.
Right now none of the left side players we have can perform the role of a left wing-back successfully.
freddydaddy7
17-02-2005, 01:03
i agree with u guys but u guys have to look at Carlos choice i mean at this time seedorf is world class player i like very much, but at times he could be nothin less then crap if has bad day he doesnt work as hard as the rest i know he is more player maker then Mid field u cant blame him on it even if u remember in Euro 2004 he told the coach he would preffer behind the strikers then playin in mid field he has style of Valdirama if u remember him in Colombia he gifted player but he doesnt move around much and doesnt help in D but Seedorf does but not as much thats where we suffer on LB coz maldini has to cover kaladza too.
but as u guys mention about 3-4-1-2 i preffr Seedorf in for Ambro or Dhorsosoo, and will find ways but as u said Serghino is best if we had him playin Second half and he can do alot of damage for 45 min, then maybe have Dhorosoo cover that postion or even if we could push kaladza up front and he could be more affective in that postion too as LM but will wait and see how it goes on
I think Seedorf should play always, even when he suck (or at least to start and then be substituted). Like Sheva or Kaka for example, even when they have a bad day Carlo still let them play because they are key players and Seedorf should be considered as one too. I mean what alternatives do we have? Dhorosso and Ambro, with whole the respect should be a bench players.
I really hope that Pirlo doesn't make it for your trip to manchester. I consider him as one of the best midfielders in the world.
I really hope that Pirlo doesn't make it for your trip to manchester. I consider him as one of the best midfielders in the world.
I personally hope that both sides can field their strongest teams.:) 1) It would be more entertaining 2) No excuses for the loosers ;)
I personally hope that both sides can field their strongest teams.:) 1) It would be more entertaining 2) No excuses for the loosers ;)
True, but if pirlo isn't fit for that game you surely have really good quality from the bench?
Who could step in because i'm not that familiar with the whole Milan team.
True, but if pirlo isn't fit for that game you surely have really good quality from the bench?
Who could step in because i'm not that familiar with the whole Milan team.
There are a couple of options: Keeping the diamond shaped midfiled, Rui Costa and Ambrosini has been used a couple of times. If you change formation to a straighter version of a 4-3-1-2, Seedorf, Gattuso and D'horasoo could make up the midfield behind Kaka. Another option is to play a 4-3-2-1, with Seedorf, Ambrosini and Gattuso, behind Kaka and Rui Costa, supporting Shevchenko.
There are as many opinions on the best solution as there are alternatives...
There are a couple of options: Keeping the diamond shaped midfiled, Rui Costa and Ambrosini has been used a couple of times. If you change formation to a straighter version of a 4-3-1-2, Seedorf, Gattuso and D'horasoo could make up the midfield behind Kaka. Another option is to play a 4-3-2-1, with Seedorf, Ambrosini and Gattuso, behind Kaka and Rui Costa, supporting Shevchenko.
There are as many opinions on the best solution as there are alternatives...
Yep. But AC Milan have one major weakness.
The defence, most of your defenders although they're great they haven't got that much pace so I think giggsy and Ronnie have a big advantage in that area.
Yep. But AC Milan have one major weakness.
The defence
Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Cafu or indeed Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu does not feel like a major weakness to me :devs:
Maldini, Nesta, Stam, Cafu or indeed Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu does not feel like a major weakness to me :devs:
I didn't mean it that way. They haven't got a lot of pace to burn though, that's what I meant...
I didn't mean it that way. They haven't got a lot of pace to burn though, taht's what I meant...
Milans challange in the game will IMO be to stop the support for VNR and Rooney from the wings. ManU's challenge will be to stop the support for Sheva and Crespo from Kaka (central) and Cafu.
Milans challange in the game will IMO be to stop the support for VNR and Rooney from the wings. ManU's challenge will be to stop the support for Sheva and Crespo from Kaka (central) and Cafu.
I think Rio and Mickey will be up for it, they've handled other great strikers lately by ease, players like Henry, Ljungberg, Morientes, Pandiani, Baros and other great premiership strikers. But I do think Sheva will be hard to handle.
I'm pretty sure that Milan are the stronger side, but Manchester is in very good shape lately and may surprise us.
I'm pretty sure that Milan are the stronger side, but Manchester is in very good shape lately and may surprise us.
I think we're slightly better
Slightly better??? Please remind me when was the last time u beat a big team in CL? U lost to Porto for god sake.... I say Man Unt age is all over, Chelsea and Arsenal look much better that your team.
Slightly better??? Please remind me when was the last time u beat a big team in CL? U lost to Porto for god sake.... I say Man Unt age is all over, Chelsea and Arsenal look much better that your team.
I admit chelsea are looking better than us but ARSEnal? We beat them twice this year in the league and once in the cup.
Yep. But AC Milan have one major weakness.
The defence, most of your defenders although they're great they haven't got that much pace so I think giggsy and Ronnie have a big advantage in that area.
I think you will be pretty surprised there mate, United probably dont have anyone who could match Cafu for pace and Maldini will defo surprise you. I remember a few games ago he totally out stripped a winger and even the commentators were raving about him. Anyway, Maldini and Nesta are all about intellegence not just pace or strength.
Having said that, Milan are shaky right now where as United are soooooooo consistent, then again that all goes out the window soon as the ref blows his whistle :rone:
I think you will be pretty surprised there mate, United probably dont have anyone who could match Cafu for pace and Maldini will defo surprise you. I remember a few games ago he totally out stripped a winger and even the commentators were raving about him. Anyway, Maldini and Nesta are all about intellegence not just pace or strength.
Having said that, Milan are shaky right now where as United are soooooooo consistent, then again that all goes out the window soon as the ref blows his whistle :rone:
Shaky when we have won two games in a row? *Doubt* *Doubt*
It's shaky because we have constructed the reality that Milan is not playing good football... but if I have enough people here I can also consturct the reality that Milan is doing well defensively.
It's like I tell you:
You gain 10 dollars with a probability of 0.5
or
You lose 10 dollars with a probability of 0.5
Which one will u choose?
Obviously, they are the same, but people of course will go for gaining 10 dollars with a probability of 0.5, with the mentality of "there is nothing to lose", but if you have 10 dollars on hand, it's harder to give it out.
Same thing here. People see attacking football important, but don't see that our defense is solid.
Peace
Warro Bantan
18-02-2005, 11:14
:1old: Thats ok Styles...the trick is to give the attacking player some room, maybe by backing off of him by a yard or two...that way when they start to run...the slower defender will have a "head start" so to speak....and the forward will be running to him...
Plus, Cafu is no slow poke.....and, after a few warm up tackles, I am sure Giggs and Ronaldo will want to pass the ball off quickly, rather than feel the "teeth" of our defenders.... :firedev:
This match is going to be a cracker, and Milan will win....so prepare your hanky from now, as you will need it to dry your tears :( my Man U friend!!! :D
Stezagud
18-02-2005, 15:19
Thats ok Styles...the trick is to give the attacking player some room, maybe by backing off of him by a yard or two...that way when they start to run...the slower defender will have a "head start" so to speak....and the forward will be running to him...
Plus, Cafu is no slow poke.....and, after a few warm up tackles, I am sure Giggs and Ronaldo will want to pass the ball off quickly, rather than feel the "teeth" of our defenders....
They are both used to defenders backing off them and doubling up on them. Tough tackling wont be anything new either, if Fouling was an Olympic Sport there are quite a few Premiership players who could hack their way to the podium ;)
They are both used to defenders backing off them and doubling up on them. Tough tackling wont be anything new either, if Fouling was an Olympic Sport there are quite a few Premiership players who could hack their way to the podium ;)
Sounds like Man U will do as well in Serie A as in Premier.
Shaky when we have won two games in a row? *Doubt* *Doubt*
It's shaky because we have constructed the reality that Milan is not playing good football... but if I have enough people here I can also consturct the reality that Milan is doing well defensively.
Well jeff, I say shaky because Man U have only lost one game in their last 16 games and that was to Chelsea, so theres no shame in that and they have been playing very good football. Things are going right for them.
Having looked at the Milan record in their last 16 games, it is actually better than I thought. they have lost 2 and drawn 4 compared to United's 5. So maybe ur right, but Im just so nervous. :mute: all my mates are United fans and Il never hear the end of it if we lose. Have to admit the fact that we are not playing that well does worry me, but its usually against defensive team, which united couldnt be even if they wanted to be.
Well jeff, I say shaky because Man U have only lost one game in their last 16 games and that was to Chelsea, so theres no shame in that and they have been playing very good football. Things are going right for them.
Having looked at the Milan record in their last 16 games, it is actually better than I thought. they have lost 2 and drawn 4 compared to United's 5. So maybe ur right, but Im just so nervous. :mute: all my mates are United fans and Il never hear the end of it if we lose. Have to admit the fact that we are not playing that well does worry me, but its usually against defensive team, which united couldnt be even if they wanted to be.
;)
Everything is useless once the battle begins!
But I believe Milan has a stronger heart to win.
When u hv 2 great teams, it's useless to talk about other things. Motivation is all that counts.
They are both used to defenders backing off them and doubling up on them. Tough tackling wont be anything new either, if Fouling was an Olympic Sport there are quite a few Premiership players who could hack their way to the podium ;)
but there isn't a gatusso in EPL, once the tiger decide to bite, even totti and ronaldino find him hard to shake off. :devf:
Warro Bantan
20-02-2005, 10:37
It will be much tougher now without Sheva....I cant believe he is out for both Man U fixtures, as well as potentially the derby!!
This is not a good thing, but may provide the impetus for Crespo and JDT to "rise to the occasion" as they did in our recent 4-1 win away.
ac_milan_foreva
04-03-2005, 00:26
we cant say anything about their defence cuz manchester united's defence is much worse. they make too many mistakes.
Milan4eva
19-03-2005, 11:29
I'd just like to point out something. Rui played a much more vital role the year we won the cl. And there were countless times we beasted with Rui in the AM role and with Rhino in Pirlo's position, flanked by Serginho on the left and Seedorf on the right in the same diamond we play today. The only one who I can say played a more pivotal role in terms of our attack was Pippo. And even when he wasn't around Sheva stepped up *cough*inter, juve*cough*....
So no one is irreplaceable in our squad and it is a rather large exaggeration to say we cannot win or play well without someone... Not Nesta, not Sheva, and no, not Pirlo... Even Dida had Abbiati. The only person that comes close is San Paolo...
I actually dont remember we playing Seedorf-Serginho on the wings in that season as often as Pirlo in the DMC position.
That was the season where Pirlo was discovered.
Serginho by that time was exactly just as now, a sub to bring pace into the game.
Milan4eva
21-03-2005, 08:46
I'm not saying Seedorf or Serginho played more than Pirlo. I'm saying we did well without Pirlo on countless occasions, and Rui was definitely a bigger factor than him.
About how many times Serginho and Seedorf actually played? I think Seedorf played about the same times as Pirlo, and they were actually injured at the same stage as well. Serginho was definitely not like he is today. Just look at the group 1 matches... The one against Bayern comes to mind :). If Sergio didn't play, it was in the starting when Carletto wanted to try Rivaldo with Rui together. That obviously didn't work out...
Also, even though that was the season Pirlo was re-discovered in his current position, I don't think he was that good. Not as good as he is now, anyway... In fact, I think I used to prefer him in his original AM role as he really excelled there the season before when Rui didn't play. Well, now all is well and Pirlo is one of our most prized possessions, though definitely not indispensable
I guess the thread title is right: "No Pirlo, No Milan". All of Carlo's tactics is centered around Pirlo. It's obvious from the games he missed when he was injured and we didn't play sht. I just hope we'll get another player like him, to be his back-up.
P.S.:Cool signature Milan4eva, Tupac-4-eva! :)
Yeah. Even the Lippi builds his team around Pirlo.
In the next World Cup, we will see Pirlo well accustomed to that position in the Azzurri and will excel.
PirloDaBest
29-03-2005, 06:37
I have been waiting for this day for two years now. The day where football fans/pundits/commentators around the world begin to appreciate the attributes of a player that I rated very highly from the first time I saw him at Brescia. He is a fantastic fantastic player. Lippi has called him 'A true leader who does all his talking with his feet'. He is easily one of the best midfielders in the world and not only because he is totally UNIQUE. His skills are tremendous and the way he dictates the tempo of matches is sublime. Ancelotti should be given nationall recongnition for helping Pirlo to become the special player that he is. Thank God he is signing a contract until 2010!
Peace Milan fans :cheers:
FORZA PIRLO
FORZA MILAN
FORZA ITALIA
Warro Bantan
14-04-2005, 11:09
From http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr14f.html
Milan have Pirlo worry
Thursday 14 April, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Milan may be without Andrea Pirlo for the next 10 days after the midfielder picked up a knee problem.
The playmaker suffered the injury during the abandoned Champions’ League derby against former club Inter on Tuesday.
The Italian international will undergo a number of tests on Friday which should give the medical team a clearer indication of the situation.
However, it is being widely reported that Pirlo will miss the League games against Siena and Parma.
He is also a major doubt for the Champions’ League semi-final against PSV Eindhoven on April 26.
The loss of the Azzurri star will be a major blow for boss Carlo Ancelotti who has struggled to replace him in the past.
Vice-president Adriano Galliani also publicly stated earlier this season that Pirlo was irreplaceable, and that Milan would use the summer transfer window to sign a back-up for next season.
Pirlo, who scored two stunning free-kicks in the recent 2-0 win over Scotland, has been in super form of late.
:moan: :moan: :moan: :depress: :depress: :depress:
You know, it was too good to be true...that we would get through 2 matches against those animals with blue and black stripes without anyone getting a knock..and we all saw how badly Pirlo was knocked about....
Now what do we do? Suggestions anyone?
Milan4eva
14-04-2005, 11:19
You know, I think of Ronaldinho as the perfect modern day player. He has everything any attacking player could ever ask for. Then I look around and see what other attacking attributes he can inherit from other players. I couldn't think of anything. Until I read PirloDaBest's post. What he can have is Pirlo's passing ability. I mean of course he's a great passer himself. But to dictate a match by your passing alone is no mean feat. Pirlo shows that he has just that.
And Red, thanks :). Pac fan?
ACMILAN1983
14-04-2005, 16:28
From http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/apr14f.html
:moan: :moan: :moan: :depress: :depress: :depress:
You know, it was too good to be true...that we would get through 2 matches against those animals with blue and black stripes without anyone getting a knock..and we all saw how badly Pirlo was knocked about....
Now what do we do? Suggestions anyone?
I think while Pirlo is out, we must change our system slightly to tolerate the loss. I'm not saying a completely new formation, but simply change the roles of some players and adjust it bit by bit to try and work around the problem.
However, we shouldn't directly try to replace Pirlo, nor should we make changes that will completely affect the flow of our game (i.e. do what we did last time when trying Ambro).
Although I say all this, I can't say I have a specific plan to solve this.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.