PDA

View Full Version : Pope / Inter AC


padee
24-02-2005, 14:42
Hi - I am travelling from scotland to the game on Sunday.

Can someone please confirm if the game will go ahead if the Pope passes away?

I do not want to travel if game is in doubt.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.

Franco6
24-02-2005, 15:52
Sorry mate i don't know. However considering that the calendar is full for both clubs plus national teams, I have doubts that the game would be postponed

Stefan
24-02-2005, 18:31
I think if he passed away on Saturday or Sunday then it probably would be cancelled. I think you're going to have to risk it I'm afraid as there really is no way of telling! I'm sure if he passed away on Sunday morning then the game would be cancelled.

If you can speak Italian, or know someone who does, then I would try and ring the club tomorrow. Oh and don't bother emailing them as its a waste of time!

:3band:
:rone:

Xudong
25-02-2005, 00:08
If you can speak Italian, or know someone who does, then I would try and ring the club tomorrow. Oh and don't bother emailing them as its a waste of time!


you can say that again.

can't figure out why milan is so nice to players, and treats fans like dirt. :finger: however, inter as a club is more thoughtful..

maybe milan club is very well aware that (true) fans won't go away... yet i still hope it will improve.. :yuck:


and padee, if you don't like to spell the full name "ac milan" or "milan ac", please use "milan" instead of "ac". that's not right.

Ruffian
25-02-2005, 10:50
And be the coolest guy by pronouncing it MEE-lahn and correcting all your friends when they get it wrong. :D Hope all goes well for your trip, including a Milan win of course!

Kui
25-02-2005, 10:55
Listen. I'm not Catholic but Papa is one heck of a fighter and I wish him a good recovery. He's like the energizer battery and keeps on ticking!
Well you all have to admit that when the unfortunate day comes the games will have to be cancelled. I know the players would agree. This wonderful man has shown us what it is to value the vigor of life and also shows us the dignity in suffering and dying. It would be worth the cancel of the week. Though I hope it is in no way and no time soon.

Rapierist
25-02-2005, 11:07
What does the Pope have to do with Serie A?

He's not even Italy's figurehead or anything. He has his own constituency, the Vatican.

Maybe the usual one-minute silence, but I don't think the game will be postponed.

Kui
25-02-2005, 11:12
Listen he's a world renown figure and the last time I checked, a lot of players in Serie A are Roman Catholic and would be very affected by his passing. Dude! Where's the compassion here?

almilan
25-02-2005, 11:16
its very hard to say whether games would be post phoned or not. it will be a very tough call for the italin soccer federation. its a decision i would not like to have to make