AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > AC MILAN > Games & Tactics

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-02-2005, 14:42   #1

padee

Registered User
 
Join Date: 02 2005
padee is on a distinguished road
Pope / Inter AC

Hi - I am travelling from scotland to the game on Sunday.

Can someone please confirm if the game will go ahead if the Pope passes away?

I do not want to travel if game is in doubt.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
padee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 15:52   #2

Franco6

Registered User
 
Franco6's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11 2004
Location: Malta
Fave Players: Van Basten Baresi Maldini Gattuso Nesta
Franco6 is on a distinguished road
Sorry mate i don't know. However considering that the calendar is full for both clubs plus national teams, I have doubts that the game would be postponed
__________________
CAMPIONI D'EUROPA No.7
Franco6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2005, 18:31   #3

Stefan

Registered User
 
Stefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: UK
Fave Players: Maldini, Sheva, Pirlo
Stefan is on a distinguished road
I think if he passed away on Saturday or Sunday then it probably would be cancelled. I think you're going to have to risk it I'm afraid as there really is no way of telling! I'm sure if he passed away on Sunday morning then the game would be cancelled.

If you can speak Italian, or know someone who does, then I would try and ring the club tomorrow. Oh and don't bother emailing them as its a waste of time!


Stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 00:08   #4

Xudong

Registered User
 
Xudong's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2000
Location: U.S.
Xudong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
If you can speak Italian, or know someone who does, then I would try and ring the club tomorrow. Oh and don't bother emailing them as its a waste of time!
you can say that again.

can't figure out why milan is so nice to players, and treats fans like dirt. however, inter as a club is more thoughtful..

maybe milan club is very well aware that (true) fans won't go away... yet i still hope it will improve..


and padee, if you don't like to spell the full name "ac milan" or "milan ac", please use "milan" instead of "ac". that's not right.
__________________
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 25-02-2005 at 00:10.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 10:50   #5

Ruffian

Registered User
 
Ruffian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: ...ovunque...
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta
Ruffian is on a distinguished road
And be the coolest guy by pronouncing it MEE-lahn and correcting all your friends when they get it wrong. Hope all goes well for your trip, including a Milan win of course!
Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 10:55   #6

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Listen. I'm not Catholic but Papa is one heck of a fighter and I wish him a good recovery. He's like the energizer battery and keeps on ticking!
Well you all have to admit that when the unfortunate day comes the games will have to be cancelled. I know the players would agree. This wonderful man has shown us what it is to value the vigor of life and also shows us the dignity in suffering and dying. It would be worth the cancel of the week. Though I hope it is in no way and no time soon.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 11:07   #7

Rapierist

Registered User
 
Rapierist's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2002
Rapierist is on a distinguished road
What does the Pope have to do with Serie A?

He's not even Italy's figurehead or anything. He has his own constituency, the Vatican.

Maybe the usual one-minute silence, but I don't think the game will be postponed.
Rapierist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 11:12   #8

Kui

Registered User
 
Kui's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: I ke one a Kaku'ihewa
Fave Players: Roby Donadoni, Chico Evani, Franco Baresi
Kui is on a distinguished road
Listen he's a world renown figure and the last time I checked, a lot of players in Serie A are Roman Catholic and would be very affected by his passing. Dude! Where's the compassion here?

Last edited by Kui; 25-02-2005 at 11:20.
Kui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2005, 11:16   #9

almilan

Registered User
 
almilan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07 2004
Location: Ireland
Fave Players: Maldini, Baresi, Gullit, Shevchenko, Kaka
almilan is an unknown quantity at this point
its very hard to say whether games would be post phoned or not. it will be a very tough call for the italin soccer federation. its a decision i would not like to have to make
almilan is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:04.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.