View Full Version : FAO Debs
Celtic_and_SRFC
03-03-2005, 19:11
t does this mean?
"Je suis en liberteé totale
Une autre étoile qui vole
La nuit est Claire, Le temp s’arrête
C’est pas un dejà vu
Le monde danse, Le monde chante
L’éternitée soulage mes peines
La vie est arrivée
Je suis le vent qui lève le feu et l’eau.
--B. Cuevas"
thank you ever so much.
Spudy
I can't give a totally exact translation but fairly close. It's what I call the French rap from a song that's actually sung by a Chilean rock group, and the song's in Spanish except for this part. The lead singer grew up in Montreal, hence French is his second language...
"I am in total liberty (or freedom)
Another star that flies.
The night is clear,the time has stopped
It's not deja vu.
The world dance, the world sings.
Eternity relieves my (penalties)
(This) life has arrived,
I am the wind that raises (fuels, pushes) the wind and the water..."
From Eternidad by La Ley, written by Beto Cuevas
The lead singer grew up in Montreal, hence French is his second language...
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school
(and before anybody gets offended, I like french canadian french better than french french. Elvis Gratton rules :D Vive la Quebec libre :w155: )
Vive la Quebec libre :w155: ...and then long live America the Great [US+rest of Canada] :w155:
;)
I wonder what Canadians think of being lumped in with the US as "America the Great". :)
I have something to say about 'Quebec libre' and being lumped with the US but I better not get into politics ;)
Angel_Cic
17-03-2005, 11:46
lol reza...i agree :D we'll keep this thread clean ;)
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school
All I can say is, I've heard Beto speak French, sounds pretty damned good to me and I took French in school. Here's another of his songs, all in French....
KRAZYWORLD
Un monde qui change de peau
Et tous ces langages
Qui reprend conscience de la folie du pouvoir
Un monde sans frontière / un soleil qui grandit un
Krazyworld.
Une nouvelle zone sans loi
Et sans punition
Qui défend le droit de la
Simple vie / mon avis
Est que le ciel descende officielment.
Je rêve du vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans la grande avenue
Un armament fondu pour faire une statue
Qui regarde le ciel avec une larme de sang
Une forêt qui grandit / un homme en symphonie
Un krazyworld.
La haine de tous nos coeurs s’ en vole
La haine qui brûle toute seule sans aucune chance
De trouver un longement dans nos ames.
Je rêve de vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans la grande avenue
Je rêve de vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans le grande avenue.
(Cuevas)
__________________
Je suis en liberteé totale
Une autre étoile qui vole
La nuit est Claire, Le temp s’arrête
C’est pas un dejà vu
Le monde danse, Le monde chante
L’éternitée soulage mes peines
La vie est arrivée
Je suis le vent qui lève le feu et l’eau.
--B. Cuevas
All I can say is, I've heard Beto speak French, sounds pretty damned good to me and I took French in school. Here's another of his songs, all in French....
Yea, I've heard the french taught in US schools "chay woodray an beer" ;)
Billy_Montreal
17-03-2005, 22:19
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school
(and before anybody gets offended, I like french canadian french better than french french. Elvis Gratton rules :D Vive la Quebec libre :w155: )
You are right Henrik, Quebecois is not French that we call "Parisien" but is much more SLANG....U.S. English versus English in England is the best analogy. That said, many Montrealers speak English and French fluently. In addition, despite popular belief the business world is 90% English in Montreal.
Vive le Quebec Libre? Don't even joke about that... :sigh:
As for someone who asked how it feels like having us lumped with "America the great"...well, the free health care + a quarter of the price for a University education which ranks up there with Ivy schools (Univ. of Toronto and Mcgill) and the affordable real estate (except Toronto!) makes me re-think who is living in the "GREAT" land and who is in denial ;)
:D
Angel_Cic
17-03-2005, 23:04
Well put Billy :clap:
Vive le Quebec Libre? Don't even joke about that... :sigh:
Forgive me, I lived in Montreal in the heated pre-referendum months of 1995 :)
Being a native swede, living in Canada almost fealt like coming home. There are many similarities between our contries and how they are run.
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.