AC Milan Forums  

Go Back   AC Milan Forums > COMMUNITY > Members Lounge

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2005, 19:11   #1

Celtic_and_SRFC

Registered User
 
Celtic_and_SRFC's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02 2005
Location: Dublin, Irlanda
Fave Players: Henrik Larsson, Craig Bellamy!
Celtic_and_SRFC is on a distinguished road
FAO Debs

t does this mean?

"Je suis en liberteé totale
Une autre étoile qui vole
La nuit est Claire, Le temp s’arrête
C’est pas un dejà vu
Le monde danse, Le monde chante
L’éternitée soulage mes peines
La vie est arrivée
Je suis le vent qui lève le feu et l’eau.
--B. Cuevas"

thank you ever so much.

Spudy
__________________
If you can read this, you dont support Rangers
Celtic_and_SRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 06:13   #2

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
I can't give a totally exact translation but fairly close. It's what I call the French rap from a song that's actually sung by a Chilean rock group, and the song's in Spanish except for this part. The lead singer grew up in Montreal, hence French is his second language...


"I am in total liberty (or freedom)
Another star that flies.
The night is clear,the time has stopped
It's not deja vu.
The world dance, the world sings.
Eternity relieves my (penalties)
(This) life has arrived,
I am the wind that raises (fuels, pushes) the wind and the water..."

From Eternidad by La Ley, written by Beto Cuevas
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 06:40   #3

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
The lead singer grew up in Montreal, hence French is his second language...
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school

(and before anybody gets offended, I like french canadian french better than french french. Elvis Gratton rules Vive la Quebec libre )
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 07:12   #4

rae

BANNED
 
rae's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10 2003
Location: Memel, Lithuania
Fave Players: Costacurta Giggs & Rui Costa
rae is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
Vive la Quebec libre
...and then long live America the Great [US+rest of Canada]

rae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 11:10   #5

Ruffian

Registered User
 
Ruffian's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09 2002
Location: ...ovunque...
Fave Players: Nesta, Maldini, Costacurta
Ruffian is on a distinguished road
I wonder what Canadians think of being lumped in with the US as "America the Great".
Ruffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 11:29   #6

Reza

Administrator
 
Reza's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 2002
Location: Canada
Fave Players: Baresi
Reza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the roughReza is a jewel in the rough
I have something to say about 'Quebec libre' and being lumped with the US but I better not get into politics
__________________
aka rezag
Reza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 11:46   #7

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
lol reza...i agree we'll keep this thread clean
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 11:46   #8

Debs

Administrator
 
Debs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 1999
Location: Planet Earth
Fave Players: Maldini......
Debs will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school
All I can say is, I've heard Beto speak French, sounds pretty damned good to me and I took French in school. Here's another of his songs, all in French....


KRAZYWORLD

Un monde qui change de peau
Et tous ces langages
Qui reprend conscience de la folie du pouvoir
Un monde sans frontière / un soleil qui grandit un
Krazyworld.

Une nouvelle zone sans loi
Et sans punition
Qui défend le droit de la
Simple vie / mon avis
Est que le ciel descende officielment.

Je rêve du vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans la grande avenue

Un armament fondu pour faire une statue
Qui regarde le ciel avec une larme de sang
Une forêt qui grandit / un homme en symphonie
Un krazyworld.

La haine de tous nos coeurs s’ en vole
La haine qui brûle toute seule sans aucune chance
De trouver un longement dans nos ames.

Je rêve de vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans la grande avenue
Je rêve de vivre un krazyworld
Je rêve pouvoir marcher
Tout nu dans le grande avenue.


(Cuevas)
__________________
Je suis en liberteé totale
Une autre étoile qui vole
La nuit est Claire, Le temp s’arrête
C’est pas un dejà vu
Le monde danse, Le monde chante
L’éternitée soulage mes peines
La vie est arrivée
Je suis le vent qui lève le feu et l’eau.
--B. Cuevas
__________________
...not your normal paranormal....
Debs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 13:44   #9

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debs
All I can say is, I've heard Beto speak French, sounds pretty damned good to me and I took French in school. Here's another of his songs, all in French....
Yea, I've heard the french taught in US schools "chay woodray an beer"
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 22:19   #10

Billy_Montreal

Moderator
 
Billy_Montreal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2001
Location: M-O-N-T-R-E-A-L
Fave Players: The Ministry of Defence: Paolo, Billy, Sandro
Billy_Montreal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrik
If you indeed call Quebecoise "French". I lived in Montreal for a while and quebecoise certainly didn't sound like the french I learnt in school

(and before anybody gets offended, I like french canadian french better than french french. Elvis Gratton rules Vive la Quebec libre )
You are right Henrik, Quebecois is not French that we call "Parisien" but is much more SLANG....U.S. English versus English in England is the best analogy. That said, many Montrealers speak English and French fluently. In addition, despite popular belief the business world is 90% English in Montreal.

Vive le Quebec Libre? Don't even joke about that...

As for someone who asked how it feels like having us lumped with "America the great"...well, the free health care + a quarter of the price for a University education which ranks up there with Ivy schools (Univ. of Toronto and Mcgill) and the affordable real estate (except Toronto!) makes me re-think who is living in the "GREAT" land and who is in denial

__________________
"Certi sogni non finiscono mai."
Alessandro Costacurta, Rossonero per Sempre.
Billy_Montreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2005, 23:04   #11

Angel_Cic

Registered User
 
Angel_Cic's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03 2004
Location: Ontario, Canada
Fave Players: Kaka' & Ronaldinho
Angel_Cic is on a distinguished road
Well put Billy
__________________
[M]
Angel_Cic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2005, 05:02   #12

Henrik

Registered User
 
Henrik's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05 1999
Location: Barbados
Henrik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan_Montreal
Vive le Quebec Libre? Don't even joke about that...
Forgive me, I lived in Montreal in the heated pre-referendum months of 1995
Being a native swede, living in Canada almost fealt like coming home. There are many similarities between our contries and how they are run.
__________________
...and that is my opinion, but I could be wrong
Henrik is offline   Reply With Quote
 


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 19:05.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.