PDA

View Full Version : Brochi Away?


killiegradge
20-05-2005, 17:04
Given his post match comments after the Palermo game in which he says that tonight or Istanbull could be his last appearance for Milan!Does anyone know if he has been offered a new contract or is he just fed up watching from ther bench?Tonight in the first half he showed what he can do but will he be given a chance next season?

Xudong
20-05-2005, 17:18
I was surprised to read that too. Usually our players don't talk like that unless they were already told something

And Simic too..


SIMIC: 'We showed we were Milan'
5/20/2005
MILAN - Dario Simic left the Milan dressing room for what could be the last time and said: 'I am pleased to have played tonight, central defence is my true role but I am sorry about the final score because we could have closed the day and even made it 4-1. Personally, I am disappointed for all the months I missed out injured. I only came back in February and obviously that was too late to get a place. It could be my last game at the San Siro. I have to say that I have trained with top players such as Maldini and Costacurta. I think therefore if I go to another club then I will be more experienced and it will be easier to play.'


BROCCHI: 'We wanted to win'
5/20/2005
MILAN - Cristian Brocchi: 'You have to excuse me for my reaction to hitting the post ... I was angry that I hadn't scored, it would have crowned a very good performance. I am really disappointed as we really wanted to win. We played with desire, enthusiasm, we are a professional group. If this group wins then I will have to play less but we are all friends and united for the same targets. I was pleased to set up Jon [Dahl Tomasson], we play well together. I am pleased for both of us. As for Istanbul, we want to win. We remember what it was like at Manchester and we want to take that through again. I feel fine, I hope we win as it could be my last experience in a Rossoneri shirt. I want to win something else with this side then we'll see what happens. I cannot describe the emotion of Milan for me.'

I know I will surely miss them, especially Brocchi. No offense to Simic, as I love every one in a Milan jersey. but Brocchi never lets me down. :proud:

Laudrup
20-05-2005, 17:21
Brocchi actually is a very good player and always does well when called upon. It would be a shame to lose him but if he wants to leave it's understandable, he's too good to play that rarely.

sehnsucht79
20-05-2005, 21:49
Wow that is shocking. I mean its expected that they'd leave but for them to be so open about it...

ARIO
20-05-2005, 21:59
So i guess there'll be few incomings....... :de3:

mrki
21-05-2005, 03:36
Its good for simic to leave milan as he never plays and he is very good defender. In everton he will get his form back and be ok again. Good luck Dario! As for brocchi , he is real fighter but milan doesnt need him, so he is going avay. Where? dont know but its time fro some fresh legs in our squad...

almilan
21-05-2005, 04:02
they will both me missed, brocchi more than simic but both would start at most clubs.

brocchi in particular has never let the club down with some great performances
also remember simic played a lot in 2003 when we won the european cup

Xudong
21-05-2005, 09:24
Abbiati spoke too...

:(

5/20/2005
MILAN - The Rossoneri goalkeeper commented on the penalty awarded to Palermo: 'It wasn't a penalty, I didn't touch him, I was diving to the side.' Then a comment on his future: 'I am sorry but I think this will be my last game for Milan at the San Siro. It's not certain but I think I will move abroad, however, I am just thinking about the final at the moment.'

ACMILAN1983
21-05-2005, 16:01
Looks like quite a few squad changes can be expected this summer. Tbh, its fair to let these guys go now, as they've served well over the years and do deserve to play for a team more often.

Whoever leaves, I wish them luck, but first I want them to get us and themselves a present on Wednesday first :D

sehnsucht79
21-05-2005, 23:15
OH NO

Milan's gonna buy big this summer

Ahhhh

*jealous*

ARIO
22-05-2005, 02:52
Buy big??....naah, a lot of free transfers maybe.... :rollani:

ASHWIN
22-05-2005, 06:24
There are many players who may leave the Rossoneri at the end of the season.I presume that we'll be spending big.We need 2 win the champs league in order 2 fund the transfers.Better yet lets hope we can get them on free transfers.

Players likely to leave: Players likely to come:
Brocchi Gilardino
Simic Baronio
Abbiati Casetti
Pancaro Jankulovski
Costacurta(retired)
Dhorasoo
Seedorf
Tomasson
Crespo


I can't think of any players to fill in the defence.I hope Chivu,Bonera,Oddo and Diana.
It is evident that our defence is ageing.We need 2 find alternatives people.

ACMILAN1983
22-05-2005, 07:44
You think Seedorf will leave? I doubt that very much

albertini_forever
22-05-2005, 08:15
seedroff .. away .. good idea ... no offense to seedroff fans :D ...
sometime he played brilliant .. and rest ... omg ....
but if we made seedroff awy ... who's the replacement ???
maybe we can keep for other 2 years ...

To Brocchi and Simic ...
Goodbye ...Farewell ... Thank-q for your contribution ... i will keep that in my mind ...
:)

jani
22-05-2005, 09:01
Dhorasoo would not leave.

He came here and was clearly aware that he was a backup player.

He's about 31 so he joined Milan just to rake in some money before retiring and at the same time experience what it's like playing alongside legends such as Paolo and Billy :D

Xudong
22-05-2005, 11:25
I have one question for you, Shevchenko-[7]:

In your signature,
Shevchenko 04/05 Goal Count : 30 goals

I don't remember so many? Could you give details for that? :)

jani
22-05-2005, 22:38
17 Serie A
3 Italian Super Cup
6 Champions League
4 World Cup Qualifying

:D

Xudong
22-05-2005, 22:50
']17 Serie A
3 Italian Super Cup
6 Champions League
4 World Cup Qualifying

:D

Thanks, :)

No wonder I kept getting 26. :5ok:

Hitman
23-05-2005, 01:38
Players who surely will leave are Simic, Brocchi and Abbiati. Maybe also Kaladze and Jon Dahl, but it depends on many things.
As you guys also mentioned, it is a bit surprising that they are so open about it, and we could have wished that they would be quiet and not open the mouth before after the final whistle in Istanbul on Wednesday.
With Simic leaving, I think it is almost certain that Oddo and another defender will come. Interesting to see who will replace Abbiati ? As for Brocchi, I think we will buy a same type of player... An interesting transfer market is on its way...

savicevic
23-05-2005, 07:51
Players likely to leave:
Brocchi, Simic, Abbiati, Pancaro, Costacurta(retired), Dhorasoo, Seedorf, Tomasson, Crespo

i agree with the possibilities of the players mentioned above leaving, except for:

- costacurta: he has another year of contract, signed a few months ago;
- dhorasoo: he will not leave since he has acepted his back-up role and had many chances to play until he injured himself vs. udinese. and when a play is injured in our squad, he will find it very difficult to return back to the first 11. this has happened to abbiati and kaladze too.
- seedorf: i know many hate him, but as much as there are ppl you dislike his qualities, there are others who appreciate his skills. i am one of those. ancelotti is another. he has been in our starting 11 for 3 years now. do MIlan get rid of their starting 11 players? and would a player leave this glorious club, for whom he is guaranteed a first 11 appearance? where would he find better?

Rab
23-05-2005, 20:42
Seedorf will stay.

I have a feeling Tomasson might go. He hasn't been as effective this season as last, and a good fee for him would do us no harm. Plus, I'm sure he's getting sick of being a sub by now.

Kaladze has been linked with a few English clubs, but I expect him to stay. It would be a disaster if he went.

Simic- On his way almost certainly. Never plays, so no real loss. Not that sure about Oddo however. In an ideal world I would take Mancini of Roma, but I suppose Oddo is a reasonable enough player.

mihan
30-05-2005, 01:10
Seems like no one wants Brocchi to leave unless he wants. His fighting spirit is no less than Rino and he was rated averagely 6.43 in this season. Milan want to be more international and more creative, but in some occasions, he is the key. I would miss him not only EMOTIONALLY.

ACMILAN1983
30-05-2005, 09:01
It would be sad to see players like Brocchi and Kaladze leave, as they have served the club so well. However, we certainly are bringing in quality in their place in Vogel (not brilliant I know, but for Brocchi's role in the squad, not bad) and Jankulovski.

mk18
30-05-2005, 13:16
i think vogel will surprise us all and hell show his worth... hes good in pes4

jani
30-05-2005, 19:24
yeah he is. really funny that! haha

sehnsucht79
30-05-2005, 20:40
Didnt galliani just state that JDT wont leave Milan? Dhorasoo shouldnt leave either.