View Full Version : Top 10 favourite players
GRE-NO-LI
18-01-2006, 14:15
Let's choose our Top 10 favourite players of all times! I think that we must restrict our choice to players we have actually see performing, dont you agree? Well, that's my Top 10:
Van Basten
Zico
Platini
Savicevic
Baresi
Shevchenko
Francescoli
Careca
Maldini
Rijkaard
PS: I know Maradona should be heading the list, but I HATE the guy so much that I simply can't vote for him.
I don't remember well, but I think there was a thread like this in the recent past...
anyways, here are mine:
1.- Maldini
2.- Baresi
3.- Romario
4.- Roberto Carlos
5.- Van Basten
6.- Gattuso
7.- Ronaldinho
8.- Kaka'
9.- Juninho Paulista
10.- Zidane
Stezagud
18-01-2006, 14:51
1) Maldini
2) Keane
3) Cantona
4) Zidane
5) Shevchenko
6) Rooney
7) Gattuso
8) Ronaldinho
9) Ronaldo (Real)
10) Robson
GRE-NO-LI
18-01-2006, 15:31
I don't remember well, but I think there was a thread like this in the recent past...
Well, I'm sorry so.
Don't be... if true, it's so old I can't even remember ;)
Plus, we have a lot of new members who have not list their favorites.
1. Shevchenko
2. Van Basten
3. Maldini
4. Ginola
5. Shearer
6. Baresi
7. Boban
8. Batistuta
9. Cantona
10. Kaka'
GRE-NO-LI
18-01-2006, 15:48
Maldini the only featuring on every list so far :)
Van Basten on close second place! :)
and I didn't list Sheva?????? sorry... put him up there for me...
GRE-NO-LI
18-01-2006, 16:12
So it's Sheva tied with Maldini so far. :) I love both of them, but for my money Van Basten rules overall!
savage_mau
18-01-2006, 17:24
My Top 10 :
1.Paolo Maldini
2.Marco Van Basten
3.Diego Maradona
4.Franco Baresi
5.Shevchenko
6.Ronaldinho
7.Marcos Cafu
8.Frank Lampard
9.Dino Joff
10.Ricardo Kaka
1. Maldini
2. Sheva
3. Seedorf
4. Van Basten
5. Zola
6. Baresi
7. Boban
8. Savicevic
9. Lampard
10. Ronaldinho
Romario
Juergen Klinsmann
Ryan Giggs
Rui Costa
Alessandro Costacurta
Paolo Maldini
Roy Keane
Gary Neville
Paul Scholes
Mario Jardel
GUVEN-1905
19-01-2006, 16:08
HELLO MY friends I'm galatasaray fan and my second favourite team is ac milan I love milan and fans of milan. all of galatasaray fans love milan because of İMPARATORE FATİH TERİM and one match fenerbahce:0-schevchenko:4....please write me for turkısh football..thanks
savage_mau
19-01-2006, 16:34
i do like sanli tuncay and alex very much also
I think RvN is very much underrated this days, I put him on the same level as Henry and Eto'o (Sheva above all ofcause)....
Some of his goals truly amazing, Sheva only better than him outside the box....
Stezagud
20-01-2006, 12:08
Ruud is still the worlds best finisher imho, he is clear top scorer again this season and (with the exception of Rooney) Utds creativity has been poor, meaning he is scoring just as many as in past seasons but with even less chances being made for him :eek:
Zico
Gaetano Scirea
Michel Platini
Franco Baresi
Marco van Basten
Dejan Savicevic
Paolo Maldini
Andriy Shevchenko
Ronaldo
Ronaldinho Gaucho
Maradona was the best ever player I've seen but nowhere my favourite.
I think when Ronaldo was in his top he was better than Ronaldinho.... I know that they are playing in different positions, but if I had a club and I had to choose Ronaldo of 1998-00 or Ronaldinho 2003-06 I would choose Ronaldo (theoretically speaking ofcause..).
It's very hard to chose 10 players, because I like all ACM and Bosnian NT players, so there would be about 40 players :D, but I'll try to chose 10:
1. Sergej Barbarez
2. Andriy Shevchenko
3. Andrea Pirlo
4. George Weah
5. Serginho
6. Paolo Maldini
7. Marco van Basten
8. Dida
9. Marko Topic
10. Francesco Totti
slicknick
24-01-2006, 03:36
1) Ronaldinho
2) Maradona
3) Van Basten
4) Baresi
5) Shevchenko
6) Kaka
7)Donadoni
8) Messi
9) Rooney
10) Henry
I think when Ronaldo was in his top he was better than Ronaldinho.... I know that they are playing in different positions, but if I had a club and I had to choose Ronaldo of 1998-00 or Ronaldinho 2003-06 I would choose Ronaldo (theoretically speaking ofcause..).
Sash22, just to remind you that the post France '98 Ronaldo was the worse ever, mentally and physically, that's when he started with the injuries that kept him off the pitch for a full year... you may be thinking 96-98 Ronaldo from Barcelona....
Yep... Ronaldo wasn't at his top at France 98, but still managed to achieve "player of the tournament" award. He did shined a little bit at Inter, but we all know that not for too long. Also he did scored 45 goals in one seasson (97/98 I believe) including 34 at la liga, the highest pechichi ever!
I mean u could see it in his game, the way he moved the way he created a "magic ring" around him that no defender dared to step in... I saw him many times storming like that the opponent, so the poor defenders just squeezed into the box trying to create a "wall"... Ronaldo isn't big team player, not a leader, without any head play (I mean no headers), but still that ability to play against 3-4 defenders and pushing them into their own box like shepherd dog with sheeps...
Ronaldinho is great, he maybe the next football's leading player for the next 5-8 years... but still I don't see that kind of power that Ronaldo had in his game.
Yeah Sant u right, it was 96-98 at Barca... my bad.
GRE-NO-LI
24-01-2006, 14:21
Gaetano Scirea
Great rememberance!
Dr Milano
24-01-2006, 14:30
Mines Are
1. Andriy Shevchenko = AC Milan
2. Paolo Maldini = AC Milan
3. Wesley Sneijder = Ajax
4. Antonio Cassano = Real Madrid
5. Alan Shearer = Newcastle United
6. Francesco Totti = Roma
7. Fernando Torres = Athletico Madrid
8. Steven Gerrard = Liverpool
9.John Arne Riise = Liverpool
10.Shay Given = Newcastle United
I like gilardino he probably comes next .... but thiers my favourite players
GRE-NO-LI
24-01-2006, 14:35
3. Wesley Sneijder = Ajax
7. Fernando Torres = Athletico Madrid
I hope that two we will tagged as Milan players very soon! :)
Torres??? Instead of who? Gilardinho..?
I personaly am not too crazy about the guy, just another little bit above average attacker and that's it (talking about Torres).
Dr Milano
25-01-2006, 12:48
I hope that two we will tagged as Milan players very soon! :)
i wish itll be a dream
i think we really need a 5th striker 4 simply isnt enough we need young ones too
ehm this is a hard list to chose... ill probably edit it later cuz im sure ill miss out on alot of players:
1- Paolo Maldini
2- Andrei Shevchenko
3- Roberto Baggio
4- Marco Van Basten
5- George Weah
6- Diego Armando Maradona
7- Johan Cruyff
8- Cafu
9- Andrea Pirlo
10- Vicente Rodriguez
GRE-NO-LI
25-01-2006, 13:51
Torres??? Instead of who? Gilardinho..?
I personaly am not too crazy about the guy, just another little bit above average attacker and that's it (talking about Torres).
It seems that we already picked Giuseppe Rossi, now we don't need to splash money on Torres anymore.
Great rememberance!
IMO, the best ever Italian libero ever. Yes, I rate Scirea even higher than our very own Franco Baresi, even though Scirea played for those dirty bastards :yuck: he was one clean, classy player :cool:
1. Michael Laudrup
2. Paolo Maldini
3. Preben Elkjær
4. Franco Baresi
5. Marco van Basten
6. Rudi Völler
7. Dennis Bergkamp
8. Morten Olsen
9. Andrea Pirlo
10. Lothar Matthäus
IMO, the best ever Italian libero ever. Yes, I rate Scirea even higher than our very own Franco Baresi, even though Scirea played for those dirty bastards :yuck: he was one clean, classy player :cool:
yeah he was a great player... but he passed away a while ago... what was wrong with him?
Egoistka
01-02-2006, 21:09
1 Sheva
2 Maldini
3 Kaka
4 C.Ronaldo
5 Arshavin
6 Maradona
7 Raul
8 Ronaldinho
9 Luca Toni
10 Trezege
Those for me are the best today...maybe tomorrow I ll have smth different, but I know that first 6 are going to stay the same for me...
to answer my question above... scirea passed away in a car accident
Milan_Mad
10-02-2006, 12:12
Of the top of my head
1. Shevchenko
2. Kaka
3. Bierhoff
4. Maldini
5. Klinsmann
6. Inzaghi
7. Gattuso
8. Pirlo
9. Dida
10. Henry
GRE-NO-LI
10-02-2006, 12:21
Bierhoff?!?
Milan_Mad
10-02-2006, 12:24
His goal ratio is awesome mate, I used to love him, just wish he would of started his career early there was or is no better player in the air.
Milan_Mad
10-02-2006, 12:28
Oh sh*t i forgot Romario
Roger Nolli
14-02-2006, 20:08
1-Ronaldinho
2-Romário
3-Ronaldo
4-Zidane
5-Shevchenko
6-Maldini
7-Marques
8-Toninho Cerezo
9-Roberto Carlos
10-Éder Aleixo
1-Diego Armando Maradona
2-Juan Román Riquelme
3-Guillermo Barros Schelotto
4-Sebastián Battaglia
5-Thierri Henry
6-Carlos Alberto Yaqué
7-Carlos Tevez
8-Oscar Córdoba
9-Clarence Seedorf
10-Claudio Paul Caniggia
GRE-NO-LI
17-02-2006, 14:13
What a nationalist hehehe! :)
Che, pibe, Battaglia #3, Henry #4 ?????
In my opinion, Battaglia is one of the most complete players i've ever seen, and becise Henry never played in Boca haha
Anyway, i didnt put them in that order for anything special, its just the way they came into my mind(Of course Maradona is always first there is no dobt about it).
ukrainian_CA
18-02-2006, 02:28
(Of course Maradona is always first there is no dobt about it).
There is a doubt. He was great at the WC86, but was he that great in Serie A, Uefa Cup?
Does a great (-est) player need to cheat that cheaply like Diego did in Mexico's WC?
He deserved a red card and an ejection by modern rules, he would miss the next match
with Belgium that he single-handedly won. That was not sportsmenship, that was more like a crazy nationalism against the english foes, had nothing to do with a fair game.
There is a doubt. He was great at the WC86, but was he that great in Serie A, Uefa Cup?
YES , HE WAS, MAYBE YOU HAVENT PAYED ATENTION.
Does a great (-est) player need to cheat that cheaply like Diego did in Mexico's WC?
He deserved a red card and an ejection by modern rules, he would miss the next match with Belgium that he single-handedly won. That was not sportsmenship, that was more like a crazy nationalism against the english foes, had nothing to do with a fair game.
WELL, I THINK REFEREES DIDNT HELP US AS MUCH AS THEY DID WITH BRAZIL MANY TIMES.
AND CRAZY NATIONALISM AGAINST THE ENGLISH...WELL YES SO WHAT??AND ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE WAR, IN FOOTBALL SPEAKING, IT ALL BEGAIN IN THE 1966 CUP, WHEN RATTIN WAS EJECTED IN THE MATCH VS ENGLAND AND WHEN HE LEFTE THE FIELD TRIED TO RIP AN UK FLAG FROM THE CORNER. AFTER THAT MATCH THE YELLOW CARD WAS IMPOSSED. SO IT WAS A REVENGE IN THE FOOTBALL MEANING (TO).
SLOVAKIAN
18-02-2006, 12:43
1-Marco Van Basten
2-Johan Cruyff
3-Pele
4-Maradona
5-Andriy Shevchenko
6-Filippo Inzaghi
7-Lev Jašin
8-Michel Platini
9-Gianni Rivera
10-Franco Baresi
ukrainian_CA
18-02-2006, 13:44
YES , HE WAS, MAYBE YOU HAVENT PAYED ATENTION.
WELL, I THINK REFEREES DIDNT HELP US AS MUCH AS THEY DID WITH BRAZIL MANY TIMES.
AND CRAZY NATIONALISM AGAINST THE ENGLISH...WELL YES SO WHAT??AND ITS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE WAR, IN FOOTBALL SPEAKING, IT ALL BEGAIN IN THE 1966 CUP, WHEN RATTIN WAS EJECTED IN THE MATCH VS ENGLAND AND WHEN HE LEFTE THE FIELD TRIED TO RIP AN UK FLAG FROM THE CORNER. AFTER THAT MATCH THE YELLOW CARD WAS IMPOSSED. SO IT WAS A REVENGE IN THE FOOTBALL MEANING (TO).
How about my bet about Argentina in WC06?
ukranian_ca what do u have to do with argentin-england conflict???
Leave the guy alone...
ukrainian_CA
18-02-2006, 16:20
I am through now with the examinitaion and I rest my case.
p maldini
kaka
seedorf
shevchenko
desailly
thuram
van basten
savicevic
pirlo
serginho
How about my bet about Argentina in WC06?
i would bet with someone who's team is in the same level as mine, like Brazil, England or Italy, but not with you, sorry.
i would bet with someone who's team is in the same level as mine, like Brazil, England or Italy, but not with you, sorry.
pa7uel, I can undersand you and ukrainian_CA are pissed off at each other, but please don't diss the Ukraine
Yes, we are obviously not at the same level as Argentina but you have to admit that the Ukraine is much better than we were 4 years ago, qualifying 1st from Europe, and from a group with Denmark, Turkey, and Greece
That shows something about our level of football, doesn't it?
Please this is a thing between me and him, dont feel offended, i only wanted to shut his mouth about that stupid bet.
Pele
Bobby Moore
Bobby Charlton
Geoff Hurst
Jimmy Greaves
Gordon Banks
John Barnes
Gary Lineaker
Emelyn Hughes
Stuart Pearce
:D
ukrainian_CA
19-02-2006, 13:27
Please this is a thing between me and him, dont feel offended, i only wanted to shut his mouth about that stupid bet.
There is no thing between me and anyone. I am not pissed at anyone either.
You are just afraid to take my bet, as simple as that. Any amount, Ukraine wil do better or same in WC-06 compared to Argentina. Too scared, amigo?
Or 3 other bets all together that Argentina will do worse than Italy, England and Brazil.
Will you?
And please do not use such "idioma" as "shut his mouth", I have said nothing bad to you, dude!
ukrainian_CA
19-02-2006, 15:12
i would bet with someone who's team is in the same level as mine, like Brazil, England or Italy, but not with you, sorry.
Sorry, Argentina is not at the same level as those 3.
Yes in fact we are higher than England, cause they won 1 WC and we won 2 so you are right.
ukrainian_CA
19-02-2006, 17:19
Yes in fact we are higher than England, cause they won 1 WC and we won 2 so you are right.
Past performance is different from present strength, didn't you learn this already?
In case you did not, sorry, you should be learning this in around high-school.
Please, study hard and do not miss this and other vital things otherwise you will stay the way you are.
If we arnt at their level, then tell me why everybody gives us as candidates to win the cup along with Brazil.
what is happening to this forum. why all the hostility between the memebers??!!
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.