View Full Version : Lets resolve our difficulties and misunderstandings in here :)
Egoistka
27-02-2006, 22:57
I decided to make a special thread for resolving our difficulties and misunderstandings with each other, cause there are a lot of unrelevant conversations in another threads... :w186:
Yes I'd like to thank Philly for that . . . a gooooooood joooooooooob
Egoistka
27-02-2006, 23:07
Yes I'd like to thank Philly for that . . . a gooooooood joooooooooob
Sorry, I didnt really understand what you mean...
Yes I'd like to thank Philly for that . . . a gooooooood joooooooooobStaci... tell us why you decided to leave us and then are came back again :dontkn: :u125:
Egoistka
28-02-2006, 11:07
OK...pessimist and optimist talk...
Dear Zlatanov.....
Optimist is a person who always believes in good things to happen whatever the circumstances are, and if smth bad happens they get very dissapointed because they didnt see it coming...Right? Pessimists - people who believe in only bad things to happen whatever the circumstances are and when smth good happens they are happy, otherwise they say: I told you its gonna happen this way (they dont really get upset, cause they saw it coming)...Realists are people who can see good, neutral and negative results coming...so they kinda see all the possible ways that situation might take...Right? I am not a pessimist coz I dont see only negative ways of situations (almost in every I see some light), I am not an optimist coz I dont (naively) see only good possible outcomes, I know that life is cruel and dont want to have any unpleasant surprizes. So who am I then?!...I guess there is only one left - realist (sometimes people see realists as pessimists, or say that pessimiusts are the ones who call themselves realsists...well there is a reason why they say that: realist might say: "I am afraid we may loose this game...although we may win it as well, but its unlickly, cause of this and that". This is seen as pessimism, but its realism in fact, cause reasons are given, not only bad feeling that we will loose, which is pessimists character)...
WOW!!! I wrote a lot!... :55angel: So are you an optimist then Zlatanov?
Ok then, im offering peace to people like zlatanov and mk18 with who I have most of my "battles" in here...
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 12:19
OK...pessimist and optimist talk...
.....
Optimist is a person who ... Pessimists - people who ...
"I am afraid we may loose this game...
1. A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist.
2. You are definetely not a loser, but you are not getting any looser (I will keep picking on you, Oksana, for this one)
Staci... tell us why you decided to leave us and then are came back again :dontkn: :u125:
Rae I'm not sure if your question falls under either heading of difficulties or misunderstandings. Nor sure what possible difference it could make. But I appreciate the question.
Also to clarify a "realist".... is actually a practical person who concerns himself with the facts as they are known to him rather than with things as they might be
Ok then, im offering peace to people like zlatanov and mk18 with who I have most of my "battles" in here...
i have nothing against you, i just get annoyed by the fact that you love to complain, and ur never satisfied by anything, same goes to gre-no-li and preifess who i think needs to live in the neverland ranch where he can get as much youth as he can find!
PS: i think this thread belongs to the flamers paradise section
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 14:44
Also to clarify a "realist".... is actually a practical person who concerns himself with the facts as they are known to him rather than with things as they might be
Or, if you'd like it put more simply...
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 14:47
PS: i think this thread belongs to the flamers paradise section
Brilliant! (or "twas brillig!")
Your conclusion is perfect actually.
Any thread (almost anything) that has been started by
Egoistka should be (can be) placed in the flamers paradise section.
She (or he) simply does flame (most of the time)!
Christopher
28-02-2006, 17:20
Also to clarify a "realist".... is actually a practical person who concerns himself with the facts as they are known to him rather than with things as they might be
Or, if you'd like it put more simply...
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise.
Looking at the two explanations I would really say that Staci said it a million time's easier then what you just did . . . oh and by the way you used otherwise three times in the same sentence, which is really poor form by you, never ever repeat the same word three times in one sentence unless you are talking to MK18 that is the only way he can understand it.
Christopher
28-02-2006, 17:24
Sorry, I didnt really understand what you mean...
Its okay Ego, you need to understand that Staci and I love to kick each other in the shins and spit on each other when we fall down. However at the end of the day we share a deep connection . . along the same lines as the connection all of the kids who ride the small bus into school share with each other.
Egoistka
28-02-2006, 17:37
1. A pessimist is just a well-informed optimist.
2. You are definetely not a loser, but you are not getting any looser (I will keep picking on you, Oksana, for this one)
Well...LOL...maybe, maybe...:)
Egoistka
28-02-2006, 17:39
Brilliant! (or "twas brillig!")
Your conclusion is perfect actually.
Any thread (almost anything) that has been started by
Egoistka should be (can be) placed in the flamers paradise section.
She (or he) simply does flame (most of the time)!
Oh...please...it is not true...
Brilliant! (or "twas brillig!")
Your conclusion is perfect actually.
Any thread (almost anything) that has been started by
Egoistka should be (can be) placed in the flamers paradise section.
She (or he) simply does flame (most of the time)!
why do you say "She (or he)" if in this same thread you already called her Oksana, which you know, better than most of us, it is a girls' name?
although she has written some things (or started threads) that I really consider unnecesary, excesive, or simply absurd, I have to recognize that others are good... and lately, the god ones appear more often than the (IMO) bad ones...
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 17:51
Looking at the two explanations I would really say that Staci said it a million time's easier then what you just did . . . oh and by the way you used otherwise three times in the same sentence, which is really poor form by you, never ever repeat the same word three times in one sentence unless you are talking to MK18 that is the only way he can understand it.
Philly_Chris,
I guess you just missed my joke. I quoted actually a very famous
children's writer. Many people read this in translation, but you, assuming that you are an English native-speaker, must have read Lewis Carol books in original tounge.
Please do not tell me that you have not.
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 17:55
why do you say "She (or he)" if in this same thread you already called her Oksana, which you know, better than most of us, it is a girls' name?
although she has written some things (or started threads) that I really consider unnecesary, excesive, or simply absurd, I have to recognize that others are good... and lately, the god ones appear more often than the (IMO) bad ones...
1. How do you know a virtual he is a he? Pictures, posts , hmmm, right!
2. Guys, you are just too serious here. I was just kidding, I am seldom serious in relative terms.
Egoistka
28-02-2006, 18:02
1. How do you know a virtual he is a he? Pictures, posts , hmmm, right!
2. Guys, you are just too serious here. I was just kidding, I am seldom serious in relative terms.
Its good that you are serious seldomely...And I am "SHE"...LOL, no lies..honestly thats me on the pics and my name is Oksana... :nail:
Christopher
28-02-2006, 18:03
Philly_Chris,
I guess you just missed my joke. I quoted actually a very famous
children's writer. Many people read this in translation, but you, assuming that you are an English native-speaker, must have read Lewis Carol books in original tounge.
Please do not tell me that you have not.
Sorry dude I have not read Lewis Carol . . . what Genre is the writing even? I prefer to read Hunter S. Thompson, and assorted non-fiction.
ukrainian_CA
28-02-2006, 18:13
Sorry dude I have not read Lewis Carol . . . what Genre is the writing even? I prefer to read Hunter S. Thompson, and assorted non-fiction.
Lewis Carol (Dodgson) wrote "Alice in the Wonderland" and "Through the looking glass".
Its good that you are serious seldomely...And I am "SHE"...LOL, no lies..honestly thats me on the pics and my name is Oksana... :nail:
haha, I was thinking about your engagement...
if anything to confess about your real gender, this is the time to inform Valentino :w221:
just kidding, I know you're a girl... and with all due respect, a pretty one...
aaaahhhh, if you only liked Gila...
Egoistka
28-02-2006, 19:30
haha, I was thinking about your engagement...
if anything to confess about your real gender, this is the time to inform Valentino :w221:
just kidding, I know you're a girl... and with all due respect, a pretty one...
aaaahhhh, if you only liked Gila...
Thank you for the complement...but I am still not fancy Gilardino :)
Rae I'm not sure if your question falls under either heading of difficulties or misunderstandings. Nor sure what possible difference it could make. But I appreciate the question.
Also to clarify a "realist".... is actually a practical person who concerns himself with the facts as they are known to him rather than with things as they might beI know yer kinda mysterious person but understand me please - I am too stupid to conceive you from half of a word... so I still dont got why yer left us and suddenly came back with another nick :u31:
:kotc: :embarass:
Sorry dude I have not read Lewis Carol . . . what Genre is the writing even? I prefer to read Hunter S. Thompson, and assorted non-fiction.
That's downright embarrassing...for you anyway...to think an English speaking (and fellow American) person doesn't know who Lewis Carroll is OR what he wrote. I'd definitely recommend reading his 2 most famous works, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. To get the best impact, I'd also recommend you find editions of both with the original illustrations by John Tenniel.
JABBERWOCKY
Lewis Carroll
(from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872)
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"
He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.
And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!
One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.
"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.
`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.
- I am too stupid to conceive you from half of a word... :u31:
:kotc: :embarass:
Rae I'm not even sure what you mean there and moreso may I ask, what possible difference could it make to know this ?
Christopher
01-03-2006, 11:17
That's downright embarrassing...for you anyway...to think an English speaking (and fellow American) person doesn't know who Lewis Carroll is OR what he wrote. I'd definitely recommend reading his 2 most famous works, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. To get the best impact, I'd also recommend you find editions of both with the original illustrations by John Tenniel.
To be Frank (even though its not my name) I am not at all embarrassed by this, let me think again . . nooooooope still not embarrassed why? Because yes I did read both of those books . . . about 9 years ago in high school . . . however remembering authors and quoting literature is not something that I really put a priority on . . hey more power to you if you can do it, that greats and all, hope you win a contest with that . . but me I could care less, I have more important issue and things (in my own opinion) to remember. You know people find interest in many different things . . Can you name five of Salvador Dali's Paintings? It doesn't really matter if you can or you can't . . I wouldn't tell you that you should be embarrassed though. But hey am I proud of Lewis Carroll I sure as hell am, that guy writes a hell of a book about an acid trip. Now there's a role model for you kids.
That's downright embarrassing...for you anyway...to think an English speaking (and fellow American) person doesn't know who Lewis Carroll is OR what he wrote. I'd definitely recommend reading his 2 most famous works, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. To get the best impact, I'd also recommend you find editions of both with the original illustrations by John Tenniel.
Hmm I too am an English speaking American....and had no idea who Lewis Carroll is nor am I exactly sure why were are to read these books. My point is I DO in fact know what a realist is, but you have totally lost me on a JABBERWOCKY....lol
Christopher
01-03-2006, 11:31
So You Do Admit To Being American!
So You Do Admit To Being American!
See next post....
So You Do Admit To Being American!
Why yes Chris I do admit it... you have worn me down. It is what I strive to be...a true American. But unfortunately I have found out I won't be allowed into the club. I do in fact have all of my teeth, I don't own a double wide, my best friends name isn't BUbba and I'm not the least bit interested in marrying any of my cousins.
I AM CANADIAN !
Christopher
02-03-2006, 10:58
lol that was a dandy of a post! however since I do not speak with a funny acient and do no live in an igloo, have a pet polar bear, and I am not and Eskimo well then I am not in fact Canadian yet at the same point I do have all of my teeth, I do not own a double wide, I my best friends name is not Bubba and I too am not in the least bit interested in marrying any of my cousins so I too cannot be accepted into america which means I am a man without a country . . a free agent if you will . . where do I go from here? Whats next?
I HAVE NO COUNTRY
lol that was a dandy of a post! however since I do not speak with a funny acient and do no live in an igloo, have a pet polar bear, and I am not and Eskimo well then I am not in fact Canadian yet at the same point I do have all of my teeth, I do not own a double wide, I my best friends name is not Bubba and I too am not in the least bit interested in marrying any of my cousins so I too cannot be accepted into america which means I am a man without a country . . a free agent if you will . . where do I go from here? Whats next?
I HAVE NO COUNTRY
Dude ! ....you do have an accent...like it or not. Do I really need to revisit the phoane and hoame issue... and let's not forget hoowse, one of my personal favourites ...lol
Well if in fact you are a free agent I think that we should put you up on the market. Any takers.... Anyone ?........ Anyone willing to accept Christopher into their country as one of your own.....
Good Luck Hun !
Christopher
02-03-2006, 11:39
I am really hoping to go to Canada . . I will go there for less money, considering they often pay less anyway . . but after I have Italy and Belgium, Spain, France, and Australia are also on the list as well
I am really hoping to go to Canada . . I will go there for less money, considering they often pay less anyway . . but after I have Italy and Belgium, Spain, France, and Australia are also on the list as well
I said "any takers ?" not where do YOU want to go ....lol
We may pay less but we offer, peace and quiet...gun control....and a great health care system.
Sounds like you are a world traveller.... good luck on your endeavours.
P.S. If you tell them you are Canadian, they will accept you open heartedly ...
Christopher
02-03-2006, 11:52
I am sought after commidity . . . apparently Canadians don't know a good thing when they see it!
I am sought after commidity . . . apparently Canadians don't know a good thing when they see it!
Ohhhh .....OUCH !
Christopher
02-03-2006, 11:54
Another example besides me is Chris Chelios . . the Canadians had him but traded him for Dennis Savard who was at the end of his career mind you . . they would have won more cups if they had kept Chelios
Nice attempt at the save Dude.....good call mentioning Chelios, but still stings.
Christopher
06-03-2006, 15:26
awww has little baby got a boo boo, here let me kiss it to make if feel better . . G.G.
awww has little baby got a boo boo, here let me kiss it to make if feel better . . G.G.
LMAO ! Good one Christopher J. !! :zany: But if anyone is a G.G. here than Hunny it is definately YOU ....please you are male and in fact that by defination alone makes you a suck on the best of days ! Poor poor Muffin.
Christopher
06-03-2006, 15:44
But you do in fact like muffins so I am not really that worried about much . . . and yes you are in fact well G.G.
Egoistka
07-03-2006, 17:43
LOL...seems like this thread is quite popular :). I am glad ;)
LOL...seems like this thread is quite popular :). I am glad ;)
yeah they're fighting like there married :)
Angel_Cic
08-03-2006, 17:56
I am sought after commidity . . . apparently Canadians don't know a good thing when they see it!
excuse me? oh no no noooooo. we DO recognize good things, you just don't fall under any of those categories ;)
p.s don't burn the Canadians...we fight dirty...mwahaha
Angel_Cic
08-03-2006, 17:59
I am "SHE"...LOL, no lies..
now you know how i felt when you called me a man! LOL
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.