PDA

View Full Version : Who will Milan face in the Q-Finals?


hitmannq8
09-03-2006, 01:51
Draw is this Friday!!! And this is the traditional poll that u always see after the 1/16 round and q-finals..

I smell a Barca-Milan, but all I hope for is to avoid Inter and Juve. We play them so often, i'd rather play Barca or Lyon. Lyon is a team that plays good football, but are certainly a team we can beat. Arsenal is the team I wish we play, an English team that is not the same strong side they were last year. They are very young, and barely beat a very weak Real Madrid side.

There are teams like Villareal and Benfica that may look easy on paper but i believe these r the games that we will find the hardest. I kind of hope to get these teams cuz they're not as strong as the others, but I also hope we dont get them because Milan only play well against the big teams. We often struggle to teams like these (Schalke, PSV, Liverpool etc). I just hope we have learnt our mistake.

Rando
09-03-2006, 02:10
my feeling is we will meet benfica. however, to be a champion u need to beat everyone who are on your path, and milan can absolutely do just that!
i dont think we will meet another italian club, even though the chance is big, we have already played inter twice in CL in the last 3 years.

forza milan!!! what a victory: milan 4 bayern 1!

superpippo must be called up to world cup!

Milany
09-03-2006, 02:15
I wish we play Barca cuz they the strongest team now. almost every year we play againist the strongest and we win.
plus if play like we did vs byran i don't think that any could win over us.

zlatanov
09-03-2006, 07:23
I think we'll draw Arsenal but want us to get Barca as we are having a positive moment right now and the team is playing really well. The only teams I don't want us to get are Juve and Inter 'cause we've played them a lot and it gets tiresome and dull at some point. Would love to see a Juve-Inter encounter, though.

Georgian
09-03-2006, 08:24
I want Arsenal, this team is like soap baloon, not solid, we gonna blow them up!!!

Giovanni
09-03-2006, 09:15
i think arsenal suits our game better and has no real experience at high stage.

savage_mau
09-03-2006, 09:36
I want Arsenal, this team is like soap baloon, not solid, we gonna blow them up!!!

Although arsenal team is a very young one their Captain Henry can make the different. they qualify on one goal from Henry. I watched both first n second league of Ars Vs Madrid. They player very well. Henry, ljungberg, Helb n Fabrigas all played well n had high speed games.

Villareal wil be the perfect draw. They qualify form the group after Mu knocked n Lillie knocked out...in round 16 they drew twice with a first timer in group 16 Rangers. away 1 1 and at home 2 2. Villareal give rangers a 2 goal lead before equalized. They star player wil be Riqulme n Forlan...They also do not have much experince in CL. So i think this team will be a good draw.

I really dont think that u Ppl will want Milan to draw Barcelona when they were at the high form ..Arent villareal the better draw???

Giovanni
09-03-2006, 09:48
i just want to avoid other italian derbies with juve and inter.

Kui
09-03-2006, 10:30
Villareal is my guess.

kiki panucci
09-03-2006, 11:42
I hope Inter. They are our regular customer.

Xudong
09-03-2006, 11:44
The draw is next Friday. Inter hasn't played yet.

Arsenal has already had six game without conceding any goal, one game short to level our record, can you believe that?

I want Inter/Barcelona/Juvetus/Lyon to get togehter, and I don't mind who we get for ourselves though. :) I am confident that we can win over strong teams over two legs, and I want to reserve one smaller (weaker) team for the final, which is only one game and too much unpredictability can happen. Last year it would be the best, as Liverpool was weaker but we were just extremely unlucky. When one is that unlucky, you don't dream to win anything. :(

Stezagud
09-03-2006, 11:47
I reckon we'll draw Lyon, though i'd rather we didnt ;)

I rate the teams that remain in this order, so obviously the lower they are the more i'd like us to draw them:

Barca
Milan
Juve
Lyon
Inter
Arsenal
Villareal
Benfica

Benfica would be an excellent draw. for a start they were the only side Utd managed to beat this year :D and they only went through with a heavily deflected goal against Utd and some help from Villareal who beat Lille for them. Also they may have put out Liverpool but i saw both legs of that tie and they were very fortunate, Liverpool were so dominant that even Jamie Carragher could have scored a hattrick :eek: and if they had just one decent striker they would have qualified quite easily imho.

Villareal are the other team of lesser pedigree but they have a little cauldron of a stadium and i wouldnt want to go there needing a result.

Haroon
09-03-2006, 11:59
We play well when we are underdogs and Ancelotti knows that as well. I think the Arsenal and Benfica are under-rated teams. They have both performed exceptionally to eliminate Real and Liverpool. I consider them tough opposition. Don't mistake this Arsenal side like the sides of past. This one is different.

I think any one of Barcelona, Juve, Lyon or Benfica would do. :D The tougher the route to the final, the higher the chances are for a probable champion.

zlatanov
09-03-2006, 12:52
The draw is next Friday. Inter hasn't played yet.

No, the draw is this coming Friday (i.e. tomorrow) eventhough Ajax and Inter have yet to determine who will join the other teams into the 1/4finals.

Want Barca real bad ... messi btw is out for 1 month and will miss both of their 1/4 final games. Would rather play them at full strength for that way they won't have any excuses to use when we beat them.

Milan_Mad
09-03-2006, 13:30
I can see us getting Juve but i don't want us to i would like an easy draw against Benifca or Villareal. Even Barca would do :p017:

zlatanov
09-03-2006, 13:34
Did you guys see fred's goal for Lyon - it was for 4-0 vs PSV? True that the goal came in the 90th min of a game PSV had already lost by a long shot and PSV players were just waiting for the whistle but it was still a masterclass by Fred. The celebration was one to see too :).

Stezagud
09-03-2006, 13:45
I consider them tough opposition. Don't mistake this Arsenal side like the sides of past. This one is different.

This side is weaker than the team they had in 04, and probably weaker than last year too. They have been battered by teams all season in the Premiership and lost 10 games already. They cant play against sides that will press them on the ball but Real made the mistake of giving them the time to play and even more foolishly playing 2 wing backs that barely defend who gave Arsenal room to exploit too.

Milan_Mad
09-03-2006, 14:03
Did you guys see fred's goal for Lyon - it was for 4-0 vs PSV? True that the goal came in the 90th min of a game PSV had already lost by a long shot and PSV players were just waiting for the whistle but it was still a masterclass by Fred. The celebration was one to see too :).Yep it was awesome i wondered why he kept getting called up to the brazil squad, it reminded me of the one ronaldinho scored against us. :d55:

Acmir^
09-03-2006, 16:49
i think we'll get Arsenal and that would be the best team to face in the Q-Finals
i just don't want to meet Juve, Barca and Lyon the others we could handle easily

ukrainian_CA
10-03-2006, 03:43
My got feeling tells me it is Inter we will face next round.
May be it is Juve - too bad for them, it must be an Italian team since the thought
of this draw was instigated by trying a bottle of Zinfandel which has Italian origin (may be Croatian according to some DNA vine analysis) .

Inter is always fun... I just hope that Sheva's ribs stay intact again.

Georgian
10-03-2006, 03:47
when is the draw??, what time??

Jim_UK
10-03-2006, 07:13
Here's the draw

Quarter Finals

Arsenal v Juventus

Lyon v Milan

Ajax/Inter v Villareal

Benfica v Barcelona



Semi Finals;

Lyon/Milan v Benfica/Barcelona

Arsenal/Juventus v Ajax/Inter/Villareal


Could have been better for us, lets just hope we're still playing like we did against Bayern for these ties :5ok:

Stezagud
10-03-2006, 12:20
I reckon we'll draw Lyon, though i'd rather we didnt

damn im good ;)

To be the best you've got to beat the best, and with Barca following Lyon and then a likely Italian opponent in the final, its certainly gonna be a tough few months :eek:

Giovanni
11-03-2006, 03:40
how can i be more unlucky..i live 4 hours far from lyon and promised myself to go there for the away match if we draw them, and they fix me an exam a couple of days after the match :rolleyes: :d55:

mk18
13-03-2006, 13:39
very pissed off at the draw, but if we can overcome lyon then barca/benfica then we should win it