PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from San Francisco


sfjuan
02-08-2006, 14:14
Hello. Long time Rossoneri here. I grew up in South San Francisco, a heavily Italian town in the 1960's. We had youth soccer teams and our coaches and fathers (same thing) were all AC fans. I still play on Tuesday and Thursdays in the City at lunch time. Watch the games when I can. I'd be interested in hearing from other bay area AC fans and learning where you watch the games.
Ciao

almilan
02-08-2006, 14:21
welcome to MM

sf_esq
02-08-2006, 14:33
Welcome to the board. I live in SF as well. I've been here about six years. I love it when I see someone with our shirt on here. It's happened a couple of times recently.

Jim_UK
02-08-2006, 14:38
welcome sfjuan, hope you enjoy your stay here :)

zZ[-_-]Zz
02-08-2006, 15:01
welcome here... =)

ACMILAN1983
02-08-2006, 15:27
Welcome to MM :)

sfjuan
02-08-2006, 16:34
Welcome to the board. I live in SF as well. I've been here about six years. I love it when I see someone with our shirt on here. It's happened a couple of times recently.

Thanks. Do you know of a pub that shows the games? I've had no luck. Also-esq? Does that mean you're an attorney? Do you still play? I play on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Embarcadero at Noon. Its a pretty low key key game, 30's-40's crowd.

See ya

mariani
02-08-2006, 20:49
Welcome aboard, sfjuan..... :)

Acmir^
03-08-2006, 08:56
Welcome sfjuan

sf_esq
03-08-2006, 12:01
Thanks. Do you know of a pub that shows the games? I've had no luck. Also-esq? Does that mean you're an attorney? Do you still play? I play on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Embarcadero at Noon. Its a pretty low key key game, 30's-40's crowd.

See ya

There are a few pubs that show games, but mostly EPL games or UEFA games, I think. Steps of Rome in North Beach shows Serie A and sometimes UEFA games. Someone was just telling me about a place that plays Italian matches. If I think of it, I'll let you know. I usually watch Serie A at home on Gol TV. Yes, I'm an attorney. Do you work by the Embarcadero?

MIRZA
04-08-2006, 05:27
Welcome to MM

lilhippy
04-08-2006, 14:34
welcumm.. have fun :)

ukrainian_CA
04-08-2006, 19:31
I live 50 miles south of the city of SF, in the Si valley.
We play in Fremont at lunch times and in Santa Clara (offthewallsoccer.net).
Welcome to MM, dude!

sfjuan
07-08-2006, 15:59
I live 50 miles south of the city of SF, in the Si valley.
We play in Fremont at lunch times and in Santa Clara (offthewallsoccer.net).
Welcome to MM, dude!


Thanks. I work for the State Bar which is a couple of blocks from the Embarcadero. Playing tomorrow if my knees can handle it. Later

Jeff
07-08-2006, 16:01
welcometo MM>

sf_esq
07-08-2006, 17:31
Juan, Ukrainian, perhaps one day we can all get together to watch Milan play. I believe there are a few others in the bay area as well.

RIO
08-08-2006, 10:04
Always good to see Milanisti from San Francisco (and people involved in the Law, as well). Welcome sfjuan!

sf_esq
08-08-2006, 11:24
Always good to see Milanisti from San Francisco (and people involved in the Law, as well). Welcome sfjuan!

Hi Rio, are you also involved in the law?

lked
09-08-2006, 05:06
welcome to MM sfjuan

RIO
09-08-2006, 09:48
I went to law school for 1 1/2 years, dropped out due to health concerns and will be going back within the next year (health willing). Got to do something with that Modern African History BA...

sf_esq
09-08-2006, 11:12
I went to law school for 1 1/2 years, dropped out due to health concerns and will be going back within the next year (health willing). Got to do something with that Modern African History BA...

:) I know the feeling. I have an art history BA. That's why I went to law school. Good luck with everything.

XZeRo3003
06-09-2006, 03:02
Thanks. Do you know of a pub that shows the games? I've had no luck. Also-esq? Does that mean you're an attorney? Do you still play? I play on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Embarcadero at Noon. Its a pretty low key key game, 30's-40's crowd.

See ya

Wassup SF. Oakland Resident here, good to hear all these Bay Area fans.

If you're looking for a pub, go to Foxsoccerchannel.com, they have a list of pubs somewhere around there, I caught the 2004 FA Cup at "The Englander" Pub in San Leandro. On my part, I catch the games at home :bri:

Enjoy MM!