View Full Version : AC Milan v.s. Atletico Madrid
Graeme C
11-08-2006, 15:09
tomorrow night we have a game against them, looking forward to it... anyone know if any channels are showing it?
this should be a great chance for us to see Torres in action.
zlatanov
11-08-2006, 15:15
Actually, I think the most interesting part of the whole evening will be what happens a little before or a little after the games when the managers of Milan and Atletico get together for a nice talk ;)
But i would surely like to see the game :)
yes it would be great if someone know which TV station showes it !
KingHenry®
11-08-2006, 15:30
i will like to see this game, ive actually been lookin forward 2 this for some time, is any1 knows what channel its showing on please let us know
Actually, I think the most interesting part of the whole evening will be what happens a little before or a little after the games when the managers of Milan and Atletico get together for a nice talk ;)
But i would surely like to see the game :)
They'll probably go to some taverna ... have a bit of tapas and some sangria ... then maybe go to a tango/salsa dance club ... ole :D
Don't forget that if we win we will be playing on the Sunday too against Deportivo or Nacional Montevideo.
Lets also hope there won't be too many shouts of Torres is rubbish if he doesn't play amazingly well in one of his first pre season games :devf:
Actually, I think the most interesting part of the whole evening will be what happens a little before or a little after the games when the managers of Milan and Atletico get together for a nice talk ;)
But i would surely like to see the game :)
Agree! :beer:
AS (this time I hope is true) is actually saying that Torres has agreed to renew but haven't put anything pen to paper! :zany:
Capo Ultra
12-08-2006, 03:01
Here are the list of players selected for the tournament in Spain:
Goalkeepers:
Dida, Coppola, Facchin.
Defenders:
Astori, Bonera, Cafu, Costacurta, Favalli, Jankulovski, Serginho, Simic.
Midfielders:
Antonelli, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Foggia, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf, Vogel.
Forwards:
Amoroso, Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi.
I wish Nesta and Kaladze would go with Milan tonight, so I can see more clearly what Torres can do <only seen a few Atletico match with small club in La Liga>.
When will the match kick off? 22h or 21h <GMT>
I wish Nesta and Kaladze would go with Milan tonight, so I can see more clearly what Torres can do <only seen a few Atletico match with small club in La Liga>.
When will the match kick off? 22h or 21h <GMT>
well, if he can't do anything to our 2nd string of defenders then i don't think i would be interested to see what would he do to our 1st eleven.
zZ[-_-]Zz
12-08-2006, 04:22
i want to see how well Bonera will fare in Milan colours... and Astori... whoever he is... at the same time... get a good look at Foggia... Antonelli & possibly Borriello...
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 04:34
they play at 10pm cet, errrrrrrr wen is that
well, if he can't do anything to our 2nd string of defenders then i don't think i would be interested to see what would he do to our 1st eleven.
That suggests you are saying that if he doesn't play amazingly well in one of his first games back you don't think he's good enough for us ?
If that is what you're implying then that is some twisted and misguided logic.
acmilanone
12-08-2006, 04:59
who is Astori?
sheva-gila
12-08-2006, 05:12
who is Astori?
name: ASTORI Davide
birthdate: 7/1/1987
from primavera youth team
positon: defender. thats all I know
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 06:29
That suggests you are saying that if he doesn't play amazingly well in one of his first games back you don't think he's good enough for us ?
to an extent I agree with the above, Jim, meaning that one can't expect to see Torres at his absolute best at this point in time. However, we shouldn't go too easy on him and treat him as if he hasn't touched a ball in 10 years or something like that. La Primera starts in about 2 weeks - August 27th - Atletico and Torres must already be at a considerable level of preparation. Furthermore, Milan players vs CZ showed that when you have it, you have it even when you are not in top physical shape and can't play quick football for a full 90-min game. And they did that in anemergency situation where we had to play agame that was not in our schedule to begin with and many of them with only a couple of weeks of training under the belt - not sure if it was even that much.
So, hwmook does have point as well, IMO, because if Torres doesn't show something special against the likes of Simic, Billy, Favalli, etc, I am not sure how we could expect miracles from him against Serie A difenses and especially CL difenders, a competition, may I add, he is yet to feature let alone prove himself in. And also we should keep in mind that while Torres may not be at 100%, the same in an even stronger sense goes for the back-up Milan defenders.
I guess, now is the time for me to say that I would rather not see Milan go for Torres - no matter how he performs today or tomorrow - as I believe he is not suitable for Italian football. A better option for me, when it comes to spending a lot of money, would be Tevez.
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 07:09
A better option for me, when it comes to spending a lot of money, would be Tevez.
the offer or the money we are prepared to give shall not match chelseas or man u's offer we can kiss tevez good bye
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 07:17
well, for Torres' signature we also have competition from ManU and Chelski with the Londoners being long-time admirers of Torres - they've been trying to sign him for the past 2 years now but have always had their 30+ mil euros offers rejected by Atletico.
Now, afer the departure of RVN, ManU is also hot on Torres' trail and are willing to splash big for a new forward.
If we get a new GK, be that Buffon or Amelia, we could have an advantage in the race, provided there is one, for Tevez and even Mascherano thanks to the fact that Corinthians are interested in Dida, who played for them the last time we loaned him out in Brazil.
In the end of the day, my point is we'll face strong competition for either Torres or Tevez and will have to spend big. If it goes that far, my personal pref. is for the Argentinian.
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 07:30
yeh but you say u dont like torres because you think he has not had that much expoeriece in seria a but the same goes for tevez aswell, none of them 2 have had expoerience and it is a big risk no matter who we go with.
is there any update on what channel this game is going to be shown on??
So it's 22 GMT.
I'd love to have Tevez too. More than with torres. I think Torres is more suitable to replace Sheva. he can shot by both foot, head, dribble, accelerate well. Tevez can't head well since he is kinda short. But torres is too expensive and tevez is easier to buy so I'd like to have Tevez.
Supreme: Tevez is easier to get. I haven't ever thought we can't beat MU at transferring. But I don't think we can beat Chelsea's bid for Torres.
zlatanov: if my post is not suitable here, can you move it to Transfer
ACMILAN1983
12-08-2006, 07:43
yeh but you say u dont like torres because you think he has not had that much expoeriece in seria a but the same goes for tevez aswell, none of them 2 have had expoerience and it is a big risk no matter who we go with.
is there any update on what channel this game is going to be shown on??
He said he doesn't think Torres is as well suited for serie A as Tevez, not about experience.
Sleep, I wouldn't worry about it too much as Torres is obviously going to be under scrutiny in this match and comparisons with Tevez have been occuring all summer.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 07:53
yeh but you say u dont like torres because you think he has not had that much expoeriece in seria a but the same goes for tevez aswell, none of them 2 have had expoerience and it is a big risk no matter who we go with.
is there any update on what channel this game is going to be shown on??
I am still waiting for any info on the channel myself. On this site www.asiaplate.com, they are supposed to show a schedule for games that are on PPStream, PPLive, etc, etc but have yet to update the schedule for today ... the game Atletico-Milan is on that list, so I am hoping for the best :)
As for why Tevez? Well, true, he doesn't have European experience and this is indeed a reason why I am not all out for Milan to get him since there's always the risk that he won't feel comfortable here and won't settle in. Between him and Torres, however, I prefer Tevez because he at least has shown that can play in a physical championship like the Argentinian League - it's pretty similar to Serie A in both physical play and tactics - and has proven himself in the Brazilian championship as well. Also, he has shown that he can play in big games as he played very well for Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores Tournament (The CL for South America) and, if memory doesn't fool me, I believe led his team to the title in his first or second year at Corinthians.
Another important factor for me is that Argentinian players, just like Brazilian and French, as a rule of thumb find it very, very easy to settle in Serie A. In fact, try to remember when was the last time an Argentinian player came to Serie A and failed to impress because he just couldn't adapt to the Italian game, and this doesn't go just for the likes of superstars but more average players too? I personally don't remeber that.
At the same time, I ask myself a similar question about spaniards - and especially forwards because they suffer the most from the defensive tactics in Serie A - and I realize that it's been several decades now of virtually total failure of any Spanish player who has set foot in Serie A. I know that rules have exceptions but you know, when it comes to putting 30-40 mil euros on the line, one would be very unwise not to consider the advice of history and rules.
Hence my preference for Tevez should it come to choosing between him and Torres.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 07:56
So it's 22 GMT.
zlatanov: if my post is not suitable here, can you move it to Transfer
don't worry, sleep. if your post isn't suitable here then that means most of mine aren't for here either :nervous: ... it's summer season, I guess it's normal for people to always end up discussing transfers ;).
I hope I hadn't scared anyone with my constant merging of threads in the transfer forum :diablo:
Does anyone know what the Herrera Trophy is and why Milan (Italy) is participating in it? What teams play for this trophy?
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 08:32
on the official website it says the game is from 22.00 CET
and on asiaplate it says the game will be on Telemadrid on TVAnts.
There aren't going to be awarded trophies or titles in this Tournament and they have some different rules (such as unlimited substitutions and no cards). Although many of the teams nowadays rather compete in weekend quadrangular tournaments.
This is all i find - i think Tournament this years is going to hosted by Deportivo La Coruna
:p017:
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 08:35
I am still waiting for any info on the channel myself. On this site www.asiaplate.com, they are supposed to show a schedule for games that are on PPStream, PPLive, etc, etc but have yet to update the schedule for today ... the game Atletico-Milan is on that list, so I am hoping for the best :)
As for why Tevez? Well, true, he doesn't have European experience and this is indeed a reason why I am not all out for Milan to get him since there's always the risk that he won't feel comfortable here and won't settle in. Between him and Torres, however, I prefer Tevez because he at least has shown that can play in a physical championship like the Argentinian League - it's pretty similar to Serie A in both physical play and tactics - and has proven himself in the Brazilian championship as well. Also, he has shown that he can play in big games as he played very well for Corinthians in the Copa Libertadores Tournament (The CL for South America) and, if memory doesn't fool me, I believe led his team to the title in his first or second year at Corinthians.
Another important factor for me is that Argentinian players, just like Brazilian and French, as a rule of thumb find it very, very easy to settle in Serie A. In fact, try to remember when was the last time an Argentinian player came to Serie A and failed to impress because he just couldn't adapt to the Italian game, and this doesn't go just for the likes of superstars but more average players too? I personally don't remeber that.
At the same time, I ask myself a similar question about spaniards - and especially forwards because they suffer the most from the defensive tactics in Serie A - and I realize that it's been several decades now of virtually total failure of any Spanish player who has set foot in Serie A. I know that rules have exceptions but you know, when it comes to putting 30-40 mil euros on the line, one would be very unwise not to consider the advice of history and rules.
Hence my preference for Tevez should it come to choosing between him and Torres.
thankx for that mate, u have given me a much better undersrtanding, i appreciate it and also thanx for keepin me/us updated with the game
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 08:36
on the official website it says the game is from 22.00 CET
and on asiaplate it says the game will be on Telemadrid on TVAnts.
is that a reliable source? and if so how would be able to get them chennels? thanx
Best I can find is that it is a competition of 4 teams and the winner of Milan-A Madrid plays Deportivo who won their match against Nacional (Uruguay), the final will be on Sunday.
Also to add, Deportivo is always the host for this tournament
yes the game will be in Telemadrid i saw their program for tonight !
El SÁBADO 12 DE AGOSTO a las 19:30 o a las 22:00, Telemadrid, emite en directo la semifinal de Trofeo Teresa Herrera que enfrentará a los equpitoas: ATLÉTICO DE MADRID - MILÁN.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 08:54
is that a reliable source? and if so how would be able to get them chennels? thanx
no problem.
Yeah, I guess Iked already answered but yes, they are pretty relaible as far as schedule goes.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 08:57
OK, here is what I know so far about how and where one could watch the game:
Our best bet for now are stream programs like PPStream, TVAnts etc. You could just google them and go to their official sites to download the .exe file and install them.
On www.asiaplate.com you just need to register - pretty short and painless process - and you'll see the full list of games for the day, where they will be on, and also links to the specific channels, at least for most of the games. there are also links - on top of the games' schedule - to download the .exe files for streaming programs like PPlive, PPStream, TVAnts, etc.
Just one NOTE though - I always check for viruses when I dl one of those .exe files, so make sure you do that too.
Now, I haven't used TVAnts for some time and it's always been a pain in the but to get it running so I will try to see what I could do. I also found this on the web - http://www.football4less.com/streams/tvants.html - which supposedly explaines how set it up but haven't had the chance to read so far.
Anyway, that's all I know for now but you guys keep your eyes open cause there is always the chance that the game will be available on a direct stream somewhere and we won't need TVAnts for it ;)
I can't get in the channel but maybe you can .. try this
http://wwitv.com/portal.htm - then click on SPAIN channels - and there you can find TELEMADRID SAT :)
But Telemadrid SAT programming is different from Telemadrid...
Game is showing in Telemadrid
It's also playing in Italia 1, 23:00 Italy time, according to their programming sked.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 09:26
But Telemadrid SAT programming is different from Telemadrid...
Game is showing in Telemadrid
It's also playing in Italia 1, 23:00 Italy time, according to their programming sked.
I think Italia 1 is showing the game on delay. The official site www.acmilan.com says the game will be at 22.00 (I am assuming CET cause both Spain and Italy are in CET time zone).
I found Telemadrid SAT but arcy :D just told that they aren't going to show the game ! :(:(
hitmannq8
12-08-2006, 09:30
zlatanov is right. The game will broadcast at 22:00 CET (and 20:00 GMT). I do think our management will talk to Atletico's for a possible Torres/Maxi move, not sure they will reach an agreement though.
Does anyone know any TV channels that'll broadcast the game in Central Europe? Right now im in lausanne, swiss and im looking for a TV channel or bar/pub that'll have the game at 10 pm tonight. Any ideas guys?
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 09:31
I fond Telemadrid SAT but arcy :D just tolld that they aren't going to show the game ! :(:(
yeah, arcy is right. I just checked Telemadrid SAT prog. schedule and there is no game on that one:
http://www.telemadrid.es/contenidos/html.pag?pagina=pag_4
btw, that stream for telemadrid SAT didn't work for me either
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 09:35
zlatanov is right. The game will broadcast at 22:00 CET (and 20:00 GMT). I do think our management will talk to Atletico's for a possible Torres/Maxi move, not sure they will reach an agreement though.
Does anyone know any TV channels that'll broadcast the game in Central Europe? Right now im in lausanne, swiss and im looking for a TV channel or bar/pub that'll have the game at 10 pm tonight. Any ideas guys?
don't know about any channels in europe. my best guess would be a spanish sports bar or maybe an italian one would be easier to find - it's switzerland after all :) - but that's where i run out of advice
btw, that stream for telemadrid SAT didn't work for me either
Hmm...it should work if you have media player at least. unless if you have firewall, using firefox, or javascript is disabled (nothing will happen).
The site is nice and pretty organized.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 09:52
Hmm...it should work if you have media player at least. unless if you have firewall, using firefox, or javascript is disabled (nothing will happen).
The site is nice and pretty organized.
oops, sorry my bad.
I had forgotten to update my WMP from 9 to 10 - I just made a fresh install yesterday and that's why it didn't work. As soon as I got WMP 10, everything ran fine :)
You are right it's a precious site to have ... still, it doesn't solve the problem with the game tonight ... I am gonn try and see if I can get TVAnts working.
yeah, arcy is right. I just checked Telemadrid SAT prog. schedule and there is no game on that one:
http://www.telemadrid.es/contenidos/html.pag?pagina=pag_4
btw, that stream for telemadrid SAT didn't work for me either
Zlat the link you posted is for 11 August program ..
Anyone has todays program of Telemadrid ( no Telemadrid Sat )
Telemadrid: http://www.telemadrid.es/telemadrid/rejilla.pag
Telemadrid SAT: http://www.telemadrid.es/contenidos/html.pag?pagina=pag_4&url=pagina_programacionsabado.htm
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 10:19
Zlat the link you posted is for 11 August program ..
Anyone has todays program of Telemadrid ( no Telemadrid Sat )
oops, sorry :v46: :D
btw, just got TVAnts to work. Actually, I didn't have to do anything but install the program - I guess this latest edition has fixed the previous problems because before one had to manually enter the srevers and such ... it was a real pain in the butt.
So, basically, just get the executable - I got mine from www.asiaplate.com and it's virus free - and install (quite simple thing to do) and wait for the channels list to get populated.
Actually now I am watching ManU - Sevillia on GoalTV1, very nice quality :devf:
One problem though, telemadrid is currently not in the channel list, or at least I couldn't find it - when I use the search channel function on top, it gave me telemadrid SAT but not telemadrid ... hope it comes back for the game ... I think such disappearances of channels are quite normal in the streaming progs business. :rolleyes: :diablo:
Anyway, try it out if want, at least you can watch manU - Sevillia for sure :devf:
Is the game going to be showed in ITALIA 1 too ? :sun:
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 10:35
Is the game going to show in ITALIA 1 too ? :sun:
according to arcy it's on Italia 1 from 23.00 CET, which means they'll show it with 1 hour delay but it's still better than nothing.
I'm having problems downloading TV Ant
The requested URL could not be retrieved :987:
zlat could you check if im in right page : http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm
Dr Milano
12-08-2006, 11:06
I'm having problems downloading TV Ant
The requested URL could not be retrieved :987:
zlat could you check if im in right page : http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm
i dont how to delete these are they harmful to your computer
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 11:07
I'm having problems downloading TV Ant
The requested URL could not be retrieved :987:
zlat could you check if im in right page : http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm
yeah, it works for me. I just followed your link, clicked on the "Download" button and the dl started.
Not sure what's the problem there, maybe it was a temp problem with the site, I had that happen to me a couple of days ago. Just keep checking it.
Are sure you are registered? I believe you need to register before you can Dl anything.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 11:10
i dont how to delete these are they harmful to your computer
what do you mean by "these"? The .exe file? If that, don't worry, the TvAnts .exe file is safe.
The only one of those files that has ever given me positive for a virus is the Pcast .exe file but I am pretty sure it was the antivirus program because I used another one and it didn't show anything. have never had any other issues, though.
Dr Milano
12-08-2006, 11:51
what do you mean by "these"? The .exe file? If that, don't worry, the TvAnts .exe file is safe.
The only one of those files that has ever given me positive for a virus is the Pcast .exe file but I am pretty sure it was the antivirus program because I used another one and it didn't show anything. have never had any other issues, though.
hmmm i probably wont download any :dontkn: just for safety ... lol
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 11:54
don't worry about it. I have them all downloaded and most of them installed and no problems at all. I mentioned the virus check just in case because there are links all over the net and you never know, didn't mean to scare people or anything :)
Someone knows where you can watch ITALIA 1 ?
if yes it would be nice to post any link no metter that the game will be showed 1 h later i just gaved up from trying to download TVAnts ! :p157:
That suggests you are saying that if he doesn't play amazingly well in one of his first games back you don't think he's good enough for us ?
If that is what you're implying then that is some twisted and misguided logic.
Are you suggesting that even if Torres play like crap today against our reserves, we should still go for the big money transfer for him?
If that is what you are implying then that is some twisted and misguided logic. We are going to sign players for the hype they generate rather than the quality they show on the pitch? There i was thinking you think the same way as me on Ibra, an overhyped player that i am glad we didn't sign.
Torres should already be physically ready for the league and even if he didn't play amazingly, he better put in a decent performance and not go disappearing.
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 12:54
Are you suggesting that even if Torres play like crap today against our reserves, we should still go for the big money transfer for him?
If that is what you are implying then that is some twisted and misguided logic. We are going to sign players for the hype they generate rather than the quality they show on the pitch? There i was thinking you think the same way as me on Ibra, an overhyped player that i am glad we didn't sign.
Torres should already be physically ready for the league and even if he didn't play amazingly, he better put in a decent performance and not go disappearing.
just to let u know..
After losing out on Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Hernan Crespo, Milan are aiming for Fernando Torres, although Kaka admits he’d prefer Ronaldo.
The Spanish youngster, who impressed at the World Cup this summer, has been linked with the Rossoneri for several years now and this might finally be the time to complete the transfer.
In the wake of Andriy Shevchenko’s £30m switch to Chelsea, the club has shown interest in a number of strikers, but Ibrahimovic and Crespo’s decision to join Inter this week left them empty-handed.
Atletico Madrid would be willing to release Fernando Torres for around £22m and it’s reported that director Ariedo Braida will meet with the Spaniards to discuss the move.
“We are in talks with Atletico and have been for some months,” explained the player in ‘As’ newspaper. “I always said the first club I’d talk to would be Atletico and we are negotiating to add another year to my contract, but I haven’t signed anything yet.”
The opportunity for negotiations is provided by the Teresa Herrera trophy, which will see Milan take on Atletico Madrid in La Coruna this evening.
However, their transfer policy is in stasis awaiting the second leg of their Champions League preliminary round tie with Red Star Belgrade. Carlo Ancelotti’s men currently lead 1-0 thanks to a Pippo Inzaghi goal.
Another option mentioned this week was a surprising bid for Real Madrid outcast Ronaldo, who would be available for just £10m. The idea did not please the majority of fans who remembered his Inter past, but at least one man would be content with the move.
“I would like him to come here, as he is a great player and a friend,” said Kaka. “I don’t know how good the chances are of Ronaldo arriving, so you’d have to ask the club that. I haven’t been able to speak to him over the past few days.”
channel 4
and zlatanov is it called tvuplayer? because i have downloaded that and it seems to be ok, but i have the same problem as you there is no madrid channel.lol
it's already posted by _Maji_tz this news in : Striker worthy the place of Andriy Shevchenko
is it called tvuplayer?
No , it is called TVants .. if we're not talking about other things here
you can download it from :http://www.asiaplate.com/live.today.htm: but first you have to be registered
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 13:00
sorry i never checked the tranfer part until after i posted that, dont matter anyway
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 13:44
Z, i downloaded tvant, its pretty cool thanks
Official line ups from acmilan.com:
MILAN: Dida; Bonera, Simic, Favalli, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Vogel, Ambrosini; Gourcuff; Borriello, Amoroso.
Subs: Coppola, Cafu, Astori, Gattuso, Foggia, Seedorf, Kakà, Serginho, Gilardino.
ATLETICO MADRID: Franco; Sefairidis, Perea, Pernia, Pablo; Rodriguez, Petrov, Gabi, Luccin; Aguero, Torres.
Obviously not our strongest side. Pity there's no Pippo.
Guys Iv dosnloaded TVants, but the only I cant find the milan game??
Atletiko with very strong line up. Martin Petrov,Maxi Rodriguez, Torres, the Colombian defender who was conected with transfer to Milan, Aguero. Only Kezman missing. I hope we can beat them, or perform well at least.
Would someone please update what is happening ? Thank you
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 15:10
Guys Iv dosnloaded TVants, but the only I cant find the milan game??
I don't know really, it was supposed to be on a chanel called telemadrid (not telemadrid SAT, this one's different) but the channel itself is not available at the moment ... bad luck I guess :(
So Im not the only one, is anyone watching it. Damn!
KingHenry®
12-08-2006, 15:18
Nope its not working, dammit
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 15:19
in case you are interested, Chelski-Celtic is on GoalTV 2.
GoalTV1 is showing ManU - Sevillia
zZ[-_-]Zz
12-08-2006, 15:20
Chelsea vs Celtic is over... as is Man Utd vs Sevilla...
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 15:28
Zz']Chelsea vs Celtic is over... as is Man Utd vs Sevilla...
these are replays. i watched man u this morning
Goooood! I just saw Sheva in a Chelsea jersey. My stomach ... ohhhh ... gotta lay down!
King tiger
12-08-2006, 15:36
Any news on Atletico result?
Are you suggesting that even if Torres play like crap today against our reserves, we should still go for the big money transfer for him?
If that is what you are implying then that is some twisted and misguided logic. We are going to sign players for the hype they generate rather than the quality they show on the pitch? There i was thinking you think the same way as me on Ibra, an overhyped player that i am glad we didn't sign.
Torres should already be physically ready for the league and even if he didn't play amazingly, he better put in a decent performance and not go disappearing.
That was highly amusing and very witty, except that my quote doesn't work on me as i've not implied anything either way. So i think you should have thought about that first. Although imitation is the highest form of flattery so thank you !
By your reasoning then we should have beaten Lecco by a significant amount and that all those players who didn't put in a decent performance should be sold because they're not good enough for us. Suddenly this kind of logic that excellent performances in pre-season friendlies are the best way to judge a player for transfer seems a little misplaced.
We agree on Ibrahimovich because he is terribly inconsistent and his performances in the last 12 months have been atrocious. Torres on the other hand has improved parts of his game throughout his time at Atletico and for a 22 year old he scores an average of a goal every other game. Something we would be willing to pay money for.
Wether you like it or not you have to pay alot of money these days for players and maybe Torres is hyped, but between him and Ibrahimovich, i know who i'd pick even if he does play poorly tonight.
When did Chelsea play Celtic ? Because it wouldn't have been today and probably not yesterday either as Celtic had a Scottish Premiership game today while Chelsea have the Community Shield on Sunday :googly:
It was on Wednesday I think.
atletico 0-0 milan i'm listening to the game in spanish commentadors say that the game is pretty boring!
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 15:45
When did Chelsea play Celtic ? Because it wouldn't have been today and probably not yesterday either as Celtic had a Scottish Premiership game today while Chelsea have the Community Shield on Sunday :googly:
Not sure it was during the week, I think at the same time we were playing CZ i.e. wednesday. All I know is that didn't watch the game and now I am correcting that mistake :cool: :hopefull:
Are we able to watch the delayed version on Italia1 online?
cafu and foggia warming up! still 0-0
also kaka warming up now!!
how long has this match been going ?
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 16:10
it started at 10 p.m CET. It must be about 10 min into 2nd half by now.
goallllll milan scored by ambrosini from a corner kick!!!!!!!!!11
cross by gourcuff i think!! :clap:
Franco did say that Goucuff had taken all our corner kicks in one match ... so it probably was him.
Forza Ambrosini !
What a nice way to celebrate his call up to the National team
foggia comes in for amoroso!!
kaka now comes in for vogel!!
Dr Milano
12-08-2006, 16:34
Ambrosini is quality by the way guys where are you watching this game
what was the original starting 11 ?
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:36
I cant watch the match!
What is the score???
AHH
im listening to the game, im not watching it
starting line up: Dida, Bonnera, Simic, Jankulovski, Favalli, Ambrosini, Brocchi, Voguel, Gourcuff, Borriello y Amoroso.
score 1-0 milan
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 16:36
Official line ups from acmilan.com:
MILAN: Dida; Bonera, Simic, Favalli, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Vogel, Ambrosini; Gourcuff; Borriello, Amoroso.
Subs: Coppola, Cafu, Astori, Gattuso, Foggia, Seedorf, Kakà, Serginho, Gilardino.
ATLETICO MADRID: Franco; Sefairidis, Perea, Pernia, Pablo; Rodriguez, Petrov, Gabi, Luccin; Aguero, Torres.
Obviously not our strongest side. Pity there's no Pippo.
over here, courtesy of NAMMY
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:39
I can't seem to know why they are posting this match on eurosport.... livescore.com should...
gattuso and cafu are now on the pitch!!
Kaka, Gourcuff, Foggia & Boriello ?
To me that would sound like a 4-2-3-1 formation ... although i bet Gourcuff is playing a little deeper to make it the usual formation.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 16:40
wow, I just looked at Atletico's line and thay have more paper-made stars than us. By lookingat their attacking duo, i guess most of the buy-this-buy-that people would kill to see Aguero and Torres play in Milan.
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:40
otoniel, how is Gourcuff playing, is he playing well?
What about Amoroso?
It won't be on livescore as it's just a friendly ... probably the same reason it's not on eurosport ... not unless it's hidden away somewhere
who did Gattuso & Cafu come in for ?
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:42
They obviously want to win... as none of there rubbish players are playing... then agin, who doesn't want to win, Milan is relaxing...
Kaka, Gourcuff, Foggia & Boriello ?
To me that would sound like a 4-2-3-1 formation ... although i bet Gourcuff is playing a little deeper to make it the usual formation.
cafu came in for gourcuff!!
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:43
Cafu came in for Gourcuff? Damn, why don't they let him play full?
oh well, there goes that formation idea !
It would be nice to have those two in our squad Zlat :D
otoniel, how is Gourcuff playing, is he playing well?
What about Amoroso?
the commentadors talked about him. they said he was very active in the game and that he was pretty good for only being 20 yrs old. i think only heard Amoroso's name like twice
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:46
Foggia is playing with who in attack?
Can Cafu play Gourcuff's position? Odd
That is encouraging news about Gourcuff
Hopefully when the match is over Channel 4 will have a match report ... which is what i'm waiting for ...
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:47
Where do I go to check Channel4.com scores, I only know the news link...
gilardino came in for borriello now so i guess is foggia and gilardino in the attack. gattuso came in for ambrosini
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:49
That is good, bestplayers for last, unless Foggia played well, explain otoniel...:)
sheva-gila
12-08-2006, 16:49
and how Torres is playing do thay mention about transfer??? commentators
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:50
otoniel, keep posting the news, i believe in you, please be my update...
maybe it's the christmas tree formation with jankulovski pushed up into midfield with gattuso & brocchi .... while cafu goes to rb, bonera to cb and favalli to lb ?
i hope foggia has had a good game
the commentadors talked about if milan can match machester utd bid for F.Torres and that in the next few days they'll know if F.torres is staying or leaving
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:53
I like the fact in the tree formation that Dida is the wood, hehe
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 16:56
Is the match over? or did Jim UK state the time in England? I am one hour behind you Jim, when did the match start my time?
full time 1-0 for milan
goal by ambrosini
well thats pretty much it im off for now
cheers
Most of these bids you see clubs make are all false anyway and are just internet rumours. Until recently no club had made a bid for Torres, so i'm not sure what we have to match.
How long to go ?
So I believe we play Deportivo tomorrow in the final? Or did I misunderstand?
I guess that answers both our questions Josh :D
Now we'll just have to wait a bit for Channel 4 to write their report. Hopefully they'll do one, they usually do for Italian teams in friendly matches.
I thought Deportivo had a match against Nacional Motevideo (sp?) ... but if Deportivo won that then yes we would play them tomorrow evening.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 17:04
I thought Deportivo had a match against Nacional Motevideo (sp?) ... but if Deportivo won that then yes we would play them tomorrow evening.
yes, Depor beat Nacional 3-0 earlier today.
zlatanov
12-08-2006, 17:05
http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Squadre/Milan/Primo_Piano/2006/08_Agosto/12/milatl.shtml
Gazzetta has the first reprot I could find :)
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 17:11
Lets see what Ambro could do in the Final...
Good we won or it woulda been an all boring Spanish final, Milan hipes up the match!
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 17:13
I wish calciomercato's English version could update everyday, as it hasn't been updated ever since Zamb moved to Barca...:(
Didn't realise DP
i don't bother reading the english one ... i just try to piece together the translated version
Josh-Sheva
12-08-2006, 17:20
You mean you use the bad Babelfish thing, it is so inaccurate, one good thing it does mention is that they call Ronaldo an "it" hehe ;)
it is awkward, but after a while you get used to it and can get the meaning from what they're trying to say.
I think Channel 4 have gone to bed ... which is a good idea, so i'm off too ...
I prefer freetranslation.com, maybe it's the same thing. On that one, Pirlo is 'it' as well, and crespo is 'frizzy'. Better than nothing I guess.
Amoroso is always 'Love' & Grosso is 'Large' :D
LOL!!! True. And del Piero is "Of The Piero", CONI is "cones", Abbiati is "It has to you" and website is "the situated ones."
but for mine, pirlo & crespo stay as is.
Congrats to all milan fans for this victory :)
Hope that now after the game we will do something about Torres -
Bravo Ambrosini
ZvonimirVukic
12-08-2006, 21:04
Do you know where can i download the goal and the highlights from the game?
hitmannq8
12-08-2006, 23:11
LOL!!! True. And del Piero is "Of The Piero", CONI is "cones", Abbiati is "It has to you" and website is "the situated ones."
but for mine, pirlo & crespo stay as is.
haha yeah and two other popular ones are mancini (left-handed) and capello (hair) but "the situated ones" just cracks me up haha
Do you know where can i download the goal and the highlights from the game?
The goal: YouTube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=n9V0qZU1wWA).
tbouks02
13-08-2006, 02:15
Here is a torrent of the full match:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DCAFB04A1FAB1CC4
Josh-Sheva
13-08-2006, 03:48
Here is a torrent of the full match:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DCAFB04A1FAB1CC4
This did not work for me... It is a whole lot of flirting garbage...
Capo Ultra
13-08-2006, 04:47
Go to this website. www.acmilan.co.il/results.asp
There you will find highlights from the matches against Lecco, Red Star and Atletico Madrid. Just click on the video-icon.
I'm glad i didn't stay up for Channel 4's report, it wasn't very insightful at all.
in the translations, shirt is always 'mesh' and something like he or him is always 'hat' ... half the time you get something like
'hat on the situated ones taken the mesh of the large' :D
KingHenry®
13-08-2006, 05:05
thanx capo ultra
Josh-Sheva
13-08-2006, 05:08
Nice site Capo, Borrielo's goal was nice... no reason to doubt him :)
sheva-gila
13-08-2006, 05:45
highlights
http://www.zshare.net/download/atletico-madrid-vs-ac-milan-0-1-highlights-avi.html
tbouks02
13-08-2006, 06:24
This did not work for me... It is a whole lot of flirting garbage...
You need a torrent client for the download to work.
KingHenry®
13-08-2006, 07:55
any updates on tonights game? anybody know what channel its going to be shown on or is it the same channel as last nite?
ZvonimirVukic
13-08-2006, 08:49
Does any1 knows when the final will start???
Here is a torrent of the full match:
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=DCAFB04A1FAB1CC4
Thank soooooo much!!! :tong:
_MaJi_tz
13-08-2006, 11:20
when start final???
lets hope for another victory and our first trophy of the season .... there is a tropy right ?
I wonder if Carlo will start with the same line up or mix things up a bit ??
Warro Bantan
14-08-2006, 14:39
Well, if our B team can beat Atletico Madrid, maybe this is the reason we arent buying anybody...though the loss in the next match may cause the cheque book to come out of the safe...
from goal.com
Teresa Herrera Trophy Report: Atlético Beaten By Milan B
AC Milan fielded a first eleven that would cause many a Rossoneri to scratch their heads when seeing fairly unknown players wearing vertiginous shirt numbers – such as number 83 Foggia – but even the B team players were able to defeat an Atleti that is still only half-gelled. Javier Aguirre may have assembled a stellar cast but they aren’t reading the Mexican’s script closely enough.
Atlético may have a squad bursting with talented, expensive footballers but that’s no ironclad guarantee of success these days. A crosstown journey to Real is enough for the Madrileños to see that silverware isn’t always hoisted by golden squads, something also currently visible at Tevez’s Corinthians.
The rearguard is tough yet amorphous: holding most of the time but shattering unpredictably as Luccin and Seitaridis proved with a chain-reaction screw-up that allowed the Italians to score the only goal of the match. The real problem that Aguirre faces is how to link his rearguard to his attack, a fearsome foursome with Torres, Agüero, Maxi and Petrov needing a midfield brain – a Xavi, an Aimar, a Fàbregas, even a Guti – to make the most of these young guns.
Agüero clearly suffered from the broken supply line and the arrival of Maniche isn’t precisely going to solve that. The Portuguese midfielder, although not as much of a bouncer as compatriot Costinha, doesn’t excel as a passer, being more of an all-rounder whose main weapon is his cannonball finish galloping up from central midfield.
Fernando Torres put in a lot of effort, but the homegrown star was reduced to trying to get a head to one of the many – far too many – speculative crosses and long balls that echoed the Rojiblancos’ lack of ideas and set-piece moves upfield. The strategy, if it can be called that, was to bombard Milan’s box and Luccin, Maxi or Pernía were supposed to pounce on any rebounds. In theory.
Did was only called upon to make a couple of saves, the Brazilian showing that he’s still capable of defending the Milan sticks with calm control. Ambrosini (51 min) made the difference as the alert midfielder – a real deluxe sub – swiftly took advantage of a ghastly lack of understanding between Seitaridis and Luccin to wallop in the winner at point-blank range.
Kaká came on for the final half an hour. The Milan idol brimming with class and making the exasperatingly dull match worth watching with three footballing golden nuggets of skill that delighted the Riazor terraces. It wouldn’t be wrong to say that the Italians won by default – de fault of an Atleti that need to sort out their midfield mess if they’re to do anything other than let down their long-suffering fans this season.
It's nice to know that there are some squads in worse state than our own :D
Even if we were at full strength physically, 2 games in 24 hours would have been difficult for us.
ukrainian_CA
16-08-2006, 13:52
Do ACM and Atletico play in August every year?
I remember watching such a game in Atletico's Madrid stadium in 1991.
That was the funniest shoot-out series I have ever seen - decided upon the 12th round. I can't remember who won :-)
vBulletin® v3.7.1, Copyright ©2000-2026, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.