PDA

View Full Version : Roma-Milan


Pages : 1 [2]

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 16:18
I am going to ****ing hide under a rock, this is humiliation, I am dishonored!

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:19
Inzaghi should have scored from there...what is wrong with him?

Warro Bantan
11-11-2006, 16:19
Spend some damn money Berlusconi!!!

Graeme C
11-11-2006, 16:19
me and a few others have been trying to say about our crisis for the last few months but we get accused of b*tchin, now we floating down sh*t creek

Hasan Rossonero
11-11-2006, 16:19
Hopefully Roma score another one...so I don't have to hear about how we are unlucky and the referees make poor calls against us. We are a dire, dire side.

Xudong
11-11-2006, 16:21
I will keep watching until last minute. I will leave this forum to you all. Enjoy yourselves.

Tony29.
11-11-2006, 16:21
Pippo's goal dissallowed for offside.
Good call.
1:30 minutes to go

Arildonardo
11-11-2006, 16:22
this does suck, but brace yourselves, Milan fans. a team has ups and downs. if you truly support a team instead of just being a gloryhunter, that's the price you need to pay. :)
I am truly a Milan-fan and I will of course continue supporting the team. It's in bad times like these they really need support.

But I'm not optimistic and I think it will be really hard to turn this around and gain a respectable place in the league this season.

With no respectable place in the league there will be players who will consider their future at the club and it will also be hard to sign the best players with no CL next season...

But of course: FORZA MILAN!!!

Hasan Rossonero
11-11-2006, 16:23
I am truly a Milan-fan and I will of course continue supporting the team. It's in bad times like these they really need support.

But I'm not optimistic and I think it will be really hard to turn this around and gain a respectable place in the league this season.

With no respectable place in the league there will be players who will consider their future at the club and it will also be hard to sign the best players with no CL next season...

But of course: FORZA MILAN!!!
Yep at this rate, however, we should actually worry about staying up in Serie A.

rahul.acm
11-11-2006, 16:23
Pippo is the off side king! :D

Tony29.
11-11-2006, 16:23
Fulltime , 1:2

Bad luck and awful defence for Milan

Jim_UK
11-11-2006, 16:24
oh well ... there's always the next game :5ok:

Hasan Rossonero
11-11-2006, 16:24
Fulltime , 1:2

Bad luck and awful defence for Milan

Just awful defence. No bad luck.

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 16:24
My lipreading tells me Pippo shouted "filio di puta" to the linesman, no kidding.

Arildonardo
11-11-2006, 16:25
oh well ... there's always the next game :5ok:
..or next season... :5hoest:

rahul.acm
11-11-2006, 16:26
The fans are still getting behind us!

Jeff
11-11-2006, 16:26
HORRIBLE DEFENSE.

Netsa - first goal
Seedorf - second goal.

No excuse for the defense. When your team is always 1-0 down, it was so much more difficult to feel like in control of the game. Milan's defense HAVE TO wake up.

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 16:26
..or next season... :5hoest:

Yeah, in Serie B with no stars, cause they will have jumped ship. Will at least rid us of the gloryhunting scum. Sorry, but my week is ruined, no my year is ruined...

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:26
We lost another 3 points....thats too bad. We are doing everything possible to join Juve in Seria B. So seems to me that everytime Kaka plays sh** - Milan playes sh**. We are so dependent on one player that I m scared to think what ll happen if Kaka leaves Milan. We are definately in deep crisis...I am very upset, I really hoped that Milan would at least draw in this game. Consider that Milan haven#t lost against Roma for 19 years..here we go.

remote2book
11-11-2006, 16:27
umm..no pippo was not offside!!!!!!! half of his body was lined up with the defender when

hitmannq8
11-11-2006, 16:27
Till when will we keep using luck and refs as an excuse to our losses? I have never seen such a bad string of results for Milan. Please management get players this January. We really need some. Our tactical setup and everything is all great, its just that our players are simply just not good enough anymore.

And Carlo had an extra sub didnt he? Why didnt he remove Seedorf who was so tired in the 2nd? WHy didnt he remove Simic and bring on Cafu? Why on earth did he put Boriello for Oliveira??????

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:28
if we don't buy anyone and save money for Berlusconi, Serie B is not too far. I can't believe Milan lost when both sides played attacking in the last minutes.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:28
umm..no pippo was not offside!!!!!!! half of his body was lined up with the defender when


New rules state that even if a little peace of body is in offside - it is an offside.

Rayan
11-11-2006, 16:29
Second gol was Seedorf all alone. Defense was not to blame.. Just a horrible horrible way and spot to lose the ball. At least today we won't blame bad luck and referees. Roma got a deserved 3 points for showing the courage to take the game onto us. Seriously if I hear Carlo putting up another of his garbage excuses that'll be the end of it....

Tony29.
11-11-2006, 16:29
Just awful defence. No bad luck.
From 7th till 56th minute, Milan players were all over Roma. Numerous chances missed. Twice it was the post that saved Roma.
But it's unbelievable how your guys stopped after the equaliser and let Roma's attackers ( Roma's attackers, was there such a thing ???? or were those guys just attacking midfielders) do whatever they want on Milan's part of the field.

Undeserved defeat i would say, but with such defensive errors and slow defenders, it was almost unbelievable to expect anything else !

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:32
From 7th till 56th minute, Milan players were all over Roma. Numerous chances missed. Twice it was the post that saved Roma.
But it's unbelievable how your guys stopped after the equaliser and let Roma's attackers ( Roma's attackers, was there such a thing ???? or were those guys just attacking midfielders) do whatever they want on Milan's part of the field.

Undeserved defeat i would say, but with such defensive errors and slow defenders, it was almost unbelievable to expect anything else !


Yeah...first half we were a little bit unlucky...2 bars...but in the second half, after equalizing we really didnt play well.

Damn..I cannot believe it. 19 years we did not lose against them...Just unbelievable...We could have had a draw, but just were not carefull and here we go - Roma have their 3 points.

Vadim
11-11-2006, 16:32
Here is what the expectations for our season have been:

Scudetto, Automatic CL Qualification, Champions League, any European competition, avoiding relegation. All in two months. Where will we be in May? At this point I don't want to know.

Jim_UK
11-11-2006, 16:33
20 shots on goal and only 1 goal scored tells part of the story

rosoneri_11
11-11-2006, 16:33
At one hand i'm sad again that Milan this year is not going well!On the other hand i'm huppy that we lost from roma because i want our managment to realise and see that Milan wants a big refresf and changes!Not only players!And also that roma win today and is after inter for the scudetto because Milan is very,very way from that dream!
----------------------------------------------------------------
I hope a lot of things to be changed for the good of this club.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:34
Here is what the expectations for our season have been:

Scudetto, Automatic CL Qualification, Champions League, any European competition, avoiding relegation. All in two months. Where will we be in May? At this point I don't want to know.


I share your feelings..I m scared to know...

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:34
From 7th till 56th minute, Milan players were all over Roma. Numerous chances missed. Twice it was the post that saved Roma.
But it's unbelievable how your guys stopped after the equaliser and let Roma's attackers ( Roma's attackers, was there such a thing ???? or were those guys just attacking midfielders) do whatever they want on Milan's part of the field.

Undeserved defeat i would say, but with such defensive errors and slow defenders, it was almost unbelievable to expect anything else !

yes, so unlucky. If we had leaded 2-1 <without cross bar>, I think we would have had a big win today.

Hitman
11-11-2006, 16:35
Yep... we played very well for 60 minutes today.. Had the chances, could not score.. This is horrible...!!
Will new players be a solution? I am really not sure? New coach?? Hmm.. maybe...! 4th place looks very far away now.. This brings back the memories to the 10 and 11nd place in the league... :( ::(

Jeff
11-11-2006, 16:36
I share your feelings..I m scared to know...

Maybe sacking the coach is the only answer. It's definitely NOT ancelotti's fault; but maybe that's the only way to boost the team morale, for now....

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:37
pquote]This brings back the memories to the 10 and 11nd place in the league[/quote]
it was the last year of Capello, right? Maybe this year will be the last year of Ancelotti. But I don't want Kaka, Gourcuff, Pirlo to leave.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:38
Maybe sacking the coach is the only answer. It's definitely NOT ancelotti's fault; but maybe that's the only way to boost the team morale, for now....


Well, I think here its everyone's fault, including Ancelotti..team is guilty, Galliani is guilty. I think maybe a new coach could help now...we need a gasp of fresh air.

rosoneri_11
11-11-2006, 16:39
We had to play a better tactical system with better players!
At least if the tactical system do not change,we had to sell one big name of our midfield for the good of Milan!

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:41
At least if the tactical system do not change,we had to sell one big name of our midfield for the good of Milan!
buy one big name you meant? If you meant sell, I wonder who will be, since Pirlo and Kaka are the only big names of us now.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:42
We had to play a better tactical system with better players!
At least if the tactical system do not change,we had to sell one big name of our midfield for the good of Milan!


No, if we sell this "big name" we never gonna win anything. Dont u see that the team plays accordingly to how Kaka plays. If he goes, we are in deep ****. It is not going to be for good. We need to keep this name at all casts.

Bresciano
11-11-2006, 16:42
Now Milan will focus on champions league, there are no chances for win scudetto.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:43
Now Milan will focus on champions league, there are no chances for win scudetto.


Unfortunately, it is not about scudetto now..it s about Milan not going to serie B next year. And with such play we are not going to get anywhere far in CL - that is for sure.

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:44
Now Milan will focus on champions league, there are no chances for win scudetto.
without a good place (4th at least), I'm afraid there won't be Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso anymore.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:45
without a good place (4th at least), I'm afraid there won't be Kaka, Pirlo, Gattuso anymore.


This is true applying to Kaka only, I think. Pirlo and Gattuso will not leave Milan whatever happens, in my opinion.

Hitman
11-11-2006, 16:46
The strange thing is, when we equalised, we stopped playing.. totally.. Our midfield cracked... Seedorf was tired, Pirlo was never in this match... I think Carlo should have seen that, so partly I blame him..
And I do not even want to hear the word Scudetto... We are closer to Serie B than the Championship now.
Wauw, what a horror night :(

ZvonimirVukic
11-11-2006, 16:46
Good game milan

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:46
This is true applying to Kaka only, I think. Pirlo and Gattuso will not leave Milan whatever happens, in my opinion.
Gattuso nearly left this summer.

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:48
Gattuso nearly left this summer.

Time ll show...

Graeme C
11-11-2006, 16:49
im just waiting for the vote of confidence act... You know a fact today guys, today it was the first time in 40 years that we have lost 3 home games in a row! thats not a good thing for any Milan manager to have.. imagine that, first time in 40 years...

kef
11-11-2006, 16:49
alltough we play bad and we are in a crisis, I really don't believe we will have to go to serie b, hopefully we can reach the fourth place at the end of the season, it's a hard time, but we must keep supporting milan

mrki
11-11-2006, 16:50
I cant say anything...we saw it all,again. In 65th minute Seedorf caoudnt play at highest tempo anymore, Simic ( who is classic Cb ) again played out of position, Jankulovski cant make a difference as he clearly isnt what we expected him to be, Olioveira is an idiot ( I can tbelieve someone can be so selfish playing for Milan ), and Pirlo?? Did he play today? He made 2 or 3 good moves with the ball, the rest was just nothing. Gilardino also, nothing as usual. With all of this happening, how can we win it? We dont have dominant players like we used to do, Maldini was our best player today along with Brocchi. What is Pirlo expecting, 3 players to run instead of him so he can pass 2 good long balls per match? Kaka' cant do it himself every time, so cant Pippo in the last minutes all the time. Why wasnt Cafu in when we equalised so we can push more forward?? Where was Gourcuff when Seedorf barely walked on the pitch? This is ridiculous, what are you guys expecting if we take for example 6th poisition in the end? That Kaka' will stay? That we will sign Zambrotta, Brazagli, Buffon and so on to play in UEFA cup? I dont think so....

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:50
im just waiting for the vote of confidence act... You know a fact today guys, today it was the first time in 40 years that we have lost 3 home games in a row! thats not a good thing for any Milan manager to have.. imagine that, first time in 40 years...


Yeah and for 19 years we havent lost against Roma...

Xudong
11-11-2006, 16:50
From 7th till 56th minute, Milan players were all over Roma. Numerous chances missed. Twice it was the post that saved Roma.
But it's unbelievable how your guys stopped after the equaliser and let Roma's attackers ( Roma's attackers, was there such a thing ???? or were those guys just attacking midfielders) do whatever they want on Milan's part of the field.

Undeserved defeat i would say, but with such defensive errors and slow defenders, it was almost unbelievable to expect anything else !

I agree with you.

I still think we are unlucky today. But that alone doesn't bring us this defeat. You are unlucky that referees are against you, you are unlucky that woodworks won't help you; but you are not unlucky if the defense line (or seedorf) can't focus and keep making mistakes. you pay for it.

i don't think Ancelotti and co. would use luck (or lack of it in that matter) as an excuse for today's defeat. I still believe that motivation and physical fatigure, especially the former, plays important roles here in our awful losing streak. how could you otherwise explain our 98-99 scudetto? it was an amazing 7 straight wins; without mentally strong and hungry lions, how would you do that? now what? 3 home defeats in a row? 4 defeats out of the last 5 games? I think this is too much to bear, even for a diehard Milan fan like me, though I will keep my composure and follow Milan in every game to come.

I don't expect many of you to agree with me. and I won't be in your way if you like to sprint all the negative comments. That's alright. everyone has different standard of being a fan to a team, that's just mine. and I have no intention to impose my standard on anyone else. :) I am still very thankful to Milan (and not in a sarcastic way, say, for ruining my days, my week, or whatever. the days are yours to ruin; no one can ruin your day but yourself. sorry, Warro, don't take it personally) for being an important part of my life, in the past almost 20 years and in the many years to come. I will support Milan with all my heart, win or lose, A or B, 3-0 or 3-3. :)

I will be fair to everyone here, but here is a piece of advice: Milan is experiencing a very hard time; if you believe that you can't take it, just don't take it; there is no shame, it is not like you are a traitor or whatever; it is not like you switch to support another team; or you start hating this team; you just can't take it, then don't take it. if you decide to take it, stay with Milan and support and honor Milan during this outrageously difficult time, I think (or I hope) you won't regret it. You will only love Milan more and more day by day. I know I do. :)

peace, and FORZA MILAN!!! :3band: :3band: :3band:

Sleep
11-11-2006, 16:51
im just waiting for the vote of confidence act... You know a fact today guys, today it was the first time in 40 years that we have lost 3 home games in a row! thats not a good thing for any Milan manager to have.. imagine that, first time in 40 years...
And I wonder, is that the first time Milan's president releasing 2nd album while Milan has lost 3 games in a row. I wish Rivera had bought Milan.

devoted_dm
11-11-2006, 16:52
I don't think we need to worry about relegation - yet. We are going through a horrible spell of form right now, but obviously we have a squad capable of keeping Milan in the Serie A. In the next four games we play Empoli, Messina, Cagliari and Torino. If we don't have at least 17 points after those games, then I'll be worried about relegation.

But seriously, the management has to bring in some new players in January. There is no other choice now.

remote2book
11-11-2006, 16:52
New rules state that even if a little peace of body is in offside - it is an offside.
oo thnx for clearing that up eogistka..but still..i fell like roma PLAYED like CRAP and we deserved this win....they played worser then brescia.....i cant remember 5 min when roma had posession it was dominated by us....idk guy..i just hope at this point we dont get relegated..i will then litterlay cry..

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 16:55
Now Milan will focus on champions league, there are no chances for win scudetto.

Are you serious? Even UEFA qualification seems very far away now.

Vadim
11-11-2006, 16:55
Intertoto cup, anyone?

Tony29.
11-11-2006, 16:55
I really don't believe we will have to go to serie b
Yes...saying Milan is close to serie B is out of logic IMO.

Look at the current serie A standings, and the top 4 teams :

1.Inter 24 pts
2.Palermo 24 pts
3.Roma 23 pts
4.Atalanta 16 pts

Milan has 4 defeats so far and all of them came against the top 4 teams of the league.
When the other teams will face Milan, they'll be defeated easily, imo !

Milan_Kaka
11-11-2006, 16:56
I don't think we need to worry about relegation - yet. We are going through a horrible spell of form right now, but obviously we have a squad capable of keeping Milan in the Serie A. In the next four games we play Empoli, Messina, Cagliari and Torino. If we don't have at least 17 points after those games, then I'll be worried about relegation.

But seriously, the management has to bring in some new players in January. There is no other choice now.


How can we get 17 points out of 4 matches?

Egoistka
11-11-2006, 16:56
oo thnx for clearing that up eogistka..but still..i fell like roma PLAYED like CRAP and we deserved this win....they played worser then brescia.....i cant remember 5 min when roma had posession it was dominated by us....idk guy..i just hope at this point we dont get relegated..i will then litterlay cry..

Well, after we equalized, we did not play well at all, and we had to be carefull, but we were not. Although we had many chances and we had to use them, not waste them.

Vadim
11-11-2006, 16:57
He means our combined points after those matches

Xudong
11-11-2006, 16:58
and please stop worrying about B. It is not easy to go to B; 93-94 Inter was so sh!tty and I was counting their points week in and week out; and eventually they were still safe. :d55:

If we can react soon, 4th place is still more than reasonable. I am zeekay, so I won't suggest anyone to bet your life on it, but I do advise that you not worry about B. :) You don't want to create unncessary panicking for yourself.

Ancelotti really needs to figure out how to motivate players though. Champions League won't be easy either. We have had good records so far but it is only because our opponents are really easy; I am confident that we can play well against big teams too, but that still needs to be proved. :)

forza milan!!!

rahul.acm
11-11-2006, 16:58
If we win UCL we will get a chance to defend the trophy.

Milan_Kaka
11-11-2006, 16:59
He means our combined points after those matches

Ohh thanks for clearing up.

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 17:00
How can we get 17 points out of 4 matches?

We "already" have 7, so out of 4 matches you can get maximum 12, 12+7 = 19 that's what we need, I won't settle for less, hell I won't settle for less than winning everything for the rest of the season lol.

Graeme C
11-11-2006, 17:00
yeah i hate Oliviera, ive never hated a Milan player before, and i just have hated him from the start... i dont like his body language.. hes attitude.. hes extremely selfish... and i suppose its because i feel like a guy whos had his Ferrari traded for a skoda... i feel heartbroken...

At the moment i feel we are on a downward slide, we just need someone to kick us back up... but i dont think Ancelloti can do this

Pireloke
11-11-2006, 17:02
Well, after we equalized, we did not play well at all, and we had to be carefull, but we were not. Although we had many chances and we had to use them, not waste them.

After we equalized Milan continued to press on for 10 minutes and then I thought Roma would take a beating... then suddenly the duracel batteries were out of juice and we just stopped in our tracks. Bad substitutions from Ancelloti didn't help too.

Stitch
11-11-2006, 17:07
I wouldn't worry about B also...but I honestly don't think we'll play in Europe next season, unless Berlu goes nuts in January.

Graeme C
11-11-2006, 17:10
I wouldn't worry about B also...but I honestly don't think we'll play in Europe next season, unless Berlu goes nuts in January.

it will be all too late by January

remote2book
11-11-2006, 17:11
i have a feeling we r going to do something big in the january transfer window...

mrki
11-11-2006, 17:16
We now need to spend some wise money in january for few quality players and try to catch 4th position. Im sure we can do it. But if we continue fith this coach and just the palyers we have right now untill the end of season, im afraid we will not play CL football next year.

Nalx
11-11-2006, 17:36
STUPID MISTAKES

We must get ourselves used to it. Nesta made another awfull clearance, but IMO our defense do look shaky everytime Roma launch counter attacks.

And right when we need it Seedorf in our half tried to dummy the opponent and succesfully lost it.

And to make the thing worse Ancelotti make another questionable decision. RO played well, held the ball playing wide to attract the defenders while Gilardino was busy diving and moaning. Ancelotti sent Pippo in for Gila and minutes later changed his tactic by replacing RO with Borriello. What the f**k were he thinking? Pippo+Borriello are two similar center forwards who wait for the passes in the penalty, things that rarely happened tonight since Kaka didn't play well. Pirlo? He disappears this season IMO. Surprisingly the best man in our team is Brocchi who fought bravely, made some beautiful through passes. The goal is just like the icing on the cake.

3 consecutive defeats in our SAN SIRO?
God, we need more than just a miracle to qualify for CL next year if we continue to play like we did lately

OCmilano
11-11-2006, 17:42
I also think we need to shake things up a bit (new coach, new players, etc). But i really believe when we started -7 points this year and then some draws and loses later the gap grew we lost interest in trying to hustle in the seria a for nothing.. I see a totally diffrent team in the CL compared to the Seria A..

And come transfer window anyone that wants to leave I dont care if its Kaka, Pirlo, or whoever lets sell them and get people that want to play for this team with all there heart day in and day out.

FORZA $%#%@& MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalx
11-11-2006, 17:45
Spend some damn money Berlusconi!!!

In channel4 i read that Sheva liked when the Curva chanting "Sheva, return to us" and Berlu shockingly said that Sheva did consider to return

Jim_UK
11-11-2006, 17:53
In channel4 i read that Sheva liked when the Curva chanting "Sheva, return to us" and Berlu shockingly said that Sheva did consider to return

It wasn't the curva singing that, it was some people around Berlusconi.

Rando
11-11-2006, 17:54
milan is in crisis but surely not as serious as relegation to serie B. it will be a "great" achievement if we can claim 4th spot now. well at least we should finish in uefa cup's zone! i know we seem to focus more on CL now but we cant ignore serie A since we must claim european place for next season.

i think anceloti definitely has to go, there has been some traumatic experiences under him plus the calciopoli scandal that seem to haunt the squad. we need to start fresh next season, new era, new beginning....

rahul.acm
11-11-2006, 17:55
Well, this time Spaletti has joined the unlucky-Milan bandwagon

SPALLETTI: "Milan sfortunato"
11/11/2006
Queste le prime dichiarazioni di Spalletti nella conferenza stampa del dopogara: "Credo che Ancelotti possa essere contento della prestazione dei suoi, il Milan č stato anche sfortunato".

ACMILAN1983
11-11-2006, 17:55
I'm not sure what to say about the match today. Just to clear out things of note lately, the referee today wasn't too bad, and tbh overall seemed pretty fair (though he didn't seem too keen on Gila against Mexes and Seedorf).

Secondly, we were unlucky, but at the same time I was wondering about some of our moves. Time and time again, Oliveira got on my nerves. Granted he wasn't playing badly as such, but he'd never feed the ball to Gila, who was constantly around the box either making a good run or ready to hold and lay off the ball. Oliveira has to play more with the players around him, otherwise the whole move gets wasted unless he scores a spectacular goal everytime. Gila today had very little to feed off of. This was evident even after Pippo replaced him, as Pippo hd the same problems.

Offensively, for most of the match we were actually very good (not great, but certainly better than we have been).

However, defensively I couldn't believe my eyes. Maldini for me seemed the only competent defender today, and even then, he was constantly stretched due to inept team positioning. I can't really explain what was going through the players minds, but they just didn't seem to defend today. Nesta is playing almost as badly as during one spell at Lazio where he was just a disaster (right now if he makes a mistake for some reason it's always one bad enough to allow the opposition to score, like Laursen a few years ago). Simic was unable to handle Mancini and rarely had support. Jankulovski was similar to Simic, and quite what happened with the midfield I don't know. We regularly get praised by people on the workrate to win the ball back and pressure play, but today the midfield never got back quickly enough, if they got back at all.

Movement when we were playing well wasn't bad actually, but after we scored everything just went down the drain. Suddenly the team decided to stop functioning, as the players wouldn't move for each other, nor would they move around the field as a unit. The team was so sparsely spread around the pitch that it made it incredibly easy for Roma to pick holes. Also, we lost any work ethic we had going for us and constantly the defence was in 3 on 3 or 4 on 4 situations. Where in God's name was the rest of the team during these times. Roma would get corners, where in a match like this and in such situations you'd have 8 bodies back defending at least and 1 to 2 ready for a quick counter. I counted at one point 6 players defending against 6 Roma players.

During the spell of pressure from Roma, the team never could get the ball out, because they never had support from the more attacking players. Maldini, Nesta and Pirlo would be stuck deep trying to get an attack moving, but the rest of the side was already around Roma's final third, so they'd be stuck.

The goals were a joke. The first of Totti's, Nesta completely messed up the clearance, and then never got back into the centre into position. This left Maldini stuck in two minds whether to apply pressure to the player in front of him or Totti who was pulling away. Simic never came across in front of Totti either, which if Nesta wasn't getting in position, he needed to do. Of course, Simic can't be blamed much, as like with Maldini, he had to be aware of players coming in at the far post and was probably stuck in two minds.

The second goal was just as bad, as the ball is coming to Seedorf and for some inexplicable reason he stays where he is and tries to shield the ball. He already had a Roma player on his back and there was plenty of space to his right where I think Kaka was open for a counter. What I don't understand is why didn't he move to the ball and simply pass out to Kaka like anyone would assume he'd do in such a situation.

In the modern game the team MUST function as a unit, or a single entity around the pitch. When we played well we kept the shape and the team worked as a tight group. However, when we stopped playing the team stopped working as a unit. As I mentioned this leads to the team spread out throughout the pitch, which defensively is a disaster. Offensively it's ok to spread across more (though the unit MUST still be in place), but as a defensive unit the team has to tighten up to press the opposition.

Ancelotti for me today wasn't making the right decisions. Borriello and Pippo together seemed unnecessary and why Cafu was never introduced is a mystery to me, as he could have supplied a lot of what was lacking on the right when we needed to push forward in search of a winner as Roma were really rocking. However, he won't deserve too much blame today, as the team literally decided to just stop functioning.

tbh, we completely outplayed Roma for most of the match, with exception to about 15 minutes. However, this 15 minutes was a complete joke, it was a disaster to say the least and that is why we lost, and not earned a deserved victory.

Personally, I think we're in a bad situation and we need to get out of it. One thing we don't need is any extra external pressure on our shoulders, so for a week or two I think it's time to have a press silence and even a training ground lockup. During that time the team shouldn't have any access to what's being said externally (though obviously allowed to keep in touch with their families) and should really look to sort out the problems.

Today was incredibly frustrating, as we completely dominated one of the best teams in Serie A for almost the whole match and made them look an average side, but then failed to simply organise and control ourselves when they were applying a little pressure.

I'm still hopeful and definately have no intention of not watching games and supporting the team, but really I think now we do need a press silence and a training ground lockup, just so that for a short period the team can try to focus on the football and not have any greater pressure added on the players.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nalx
11-11-2006, 18:00
I am still very thankful to Milan [/B] (and not in a sarcastic way, say, for ruining my days, my week, or whatever. the days are yours to ruin; no one can ruin your day but yourself. sorry, Warro, don't take it personally) for being an important part of my life, in the past almost 20 years and in the many years to come. I will support Milan with all my heart, win or lose, A or B, 3-0 or 3-3. :)



So do we Xudong. Just like Warro, I do believe that Milan is responsible for ruining my weekend. We're angry and we have the right to be angry. But in the very end, in serie A or even serie Z, this is the team we love with all our hearts. We, my friend, never turn our backs even in the deepest sh*t like this.

RAMBLE ON MILAN!!

Nalx
11-11-2006, 18:08
It wasn't the curva singing that, it was some people around Berlusconi.

those well-fashioned ladied and gentlemen?
they never sing, my friend
they're busy reading the paper most of the time :cheers:
except when the crowd scream "ahh..." or something like that.

Jim_UK
11-11-2006, 18:18
Dev makes some great points and some all too familiar ones.

Not defending in a unit, not tracking back, losing the ball in silly situations, making difficult passes instead of easy ones ... some of these points can be seen in matches a few seasons ago, not just now.

Jim_UK
11-11-2006, 18:21
Nalx, Berlusconi wasn't in the stands when the alleged call was made ... the alleged call happened yesterday.

Nalx
11-11-2006, 18:28
you're right jim, thanx for the correction.
it's sunday and now i must go to church, hope some divine intervension will help our beloved Milan

remote2book
11-11-2006, 18:29
guys can someone tell me wats wrong wit our playmaker pirlo.....i rarely see him take shots at goal...why doesnt he attack more.....

Graeme C
11-11-2006, 18:36
i just think its lame that ancelloti is blaming the prem. champ league games for the lack of form... makes me want to scream.. i cant believe it can be this stupid....

The Shevchenko rumour was just a proper gander, alot of rubish really... Belusconi should have made a bold statement instead hes telling stories, to make us keep hold of hope.. and not go mental at Via Turati tomorrow.... but were not all young kids..

Im listening to The Kooks- Naive... "not seing is your fault, although you could have done more, You're so naive, yes so........" so fitting

NAMMY
11-11-2006, 19:03
I should say I'm not as shrewd and knowledgable regarding football and Italian football as many on this forum, but ...

I can only remember Pirlo taking a very disppointing free-kick, dragging a shot well wide and taking a few poor corners.
I also felt that Kaka wasn't at his best (like all the players), possible because he's played a lot of minutes this season. It seemed, to me at least, that he expected some of his passes to find their target, and for him not be challenged.
Its all very good saying we were unlucky, refs, but we need to give more effort - not just after we concede a goal, or only for like 40 minutes. Its like Milan have run out of ideas at some times, they don't seem to have the same vigour and energy as last season. I just don't get it.
I'm not giving up on Milan, just trying to let my feelings be known - I'm used to bad runs, I do support SAFC!

SILVIO BERLUSCONI: 'Ancelotti is untouchable'
11/12/2006

'Our Carletto is untouchable.' This is what president Silvio Berlusconi had to say as he confirmed his faith in Ancelotti. As he left the stadium, he said: 'It didn't seem as if Milan played that badly.' Kakā added: 'Berlusconi came to the dressing room after the encounter. He told coach Ancelotti to stay tough and that with will and strength we will come out of it. He said, 'Don't give up'.'

That's good to know ... "with will and strength we will come out of it (and some signings)"

remote2book
11-11-2006, 19:17
wud u guys agree that we shud have gotten didier drobga when we had the chance in summer..cuz if u guys remember drobga said he wanted to leave england and people were talking abt it cud be a possible switch with drobga to milan and sheva to chelsea........but then as always our managment didnt try at all..and he ended up with chelsea..who he is now on top form with..

NAMMY
11-11-2006, 19:29
Hindsight is a wonderful thing. Drogba is doing well now, but he may not have adapted to Italian football quickly, not fit into Milan's system, tactics, etc ... though one would think he's better than Oliveira.

Xudong
11-11-2006, 20:13
So do we Xudong. Just like Warro, I do believe that Milan is responsible for ruining my weekend. We're angry and we have the right to be angry. But in the very end, in serie A or even serie Z, this is the team we love with all our hearts. We, my friend, never turn our backs even in the deepest sh*t like this.

RAMBLE ON MILAN!!

I didn't say that you or Warro turn your backs. I don't know you very well yet to make judgment, but I know Warro. :) If you read my whole post, I said that this is just my way of supporting Milan, and everyone is entitled to their different way, as long as they love Milan and won't betray Milan for another team, say, Inter at this moment. I just said that for someone who can't take it properly, please realize that it is a difficult time now and so make your decision carefully. that's the price you pay for being a milan fan. It is just like a horror movie; if your heart can't take it, just don't watch it.

And I did say that that's alright if you are angry or upset; I am not going to be unfair to anyone by imposing my standard of being supportive on anyone else. I am very grateful to Milan, that doesn't mean that you can't be angry or upset or disappointed. :)

Xudong
11-11-2006, 20:21
I'm still hopeful and definately have no intention of not watching games and supporting the team, but really I think now we do need a press silence and a training ground lockup, just so that for a short period the team can try to focus on the football and not have any greater pressure added on the players.

FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's very true, well, the entire post makes much sense to me. "fortunately", I didn't see the two goals of Roma's (due to the stupid stream today) so I couldn't comment further.

I specifically think that press silence is a very good idea to get the pressure off the players, and make them realize that all they should do is just play one game at a time, and let bygones be bygones.

If we really need to go for someone on the market in January, my only suggestion is a gamble: Cassano. He could be a timebomb, but his talent could help us greatly if his ego doesn't kill us; this desperate situation might call for some desperate prescription. But he is cup-tied, is he?

rt9
11-11-2006, 21:04
Once again, I shall repeat myself.

It's not bad luck, poor referees, Carlo's tactical choices, etc, etc, etc that we are now languishing close to the relegation zone, it's a lack of quality options on the pitch!!! We do not have enough quality players at peak form to take advantage of decisive moments and win us matches. We do not have the right balance of experience, age, youth, hunger for trophies. We have way too many "veterans" who have won a lot and may not be as "hungry" as some younger players. We have too few players who have something to prove, and too many "proven" players. This is the problem, and this is something that has to be corrected in the transfer market, by selling players and buying new players in order to create a new balance in the team, and by lord WE HAVE NOT DONE THAT!!!

Once again, the problems with this game:

1) Dida supposedly playing with a back injury. Dida with one arm is better than Kalac anyday :) Shouldnt we be having better back up GK's?

2) Janku had a decent game. But supposing he didnt---what other options have we got?

3) Simic at right back? You got to be kidding me. He did very well in that position in 2003, but he is now 3 years older and not acustomed to that positon. Who do we have on the bench? 35 y/o Cafu....

4) Our entire midfield needs to be spiced up. We need to play Gourcuff in place of Seedorf more often and get a genuine replacement for Pirlo, so that when he is off form, like today, the whole team doesnt have to suffer. I fail to believe that in all of Europe and South America, there is no player with the vision and passing range that Pirlo possesses. Ive heard of tons of new "Redondos"---why dont we buy one of them? What have we got to lose?

5) Pippo is past it. I'm sorry to be saying it, but we have to all look at reality here. He has been a great player for us and will continue to be a decisive player. But his role has got to change. He is no longer useful as a starter. We should us him a super-sub. RO looked decent today, but definitely not in the same class as Sheva. Gila is one for the present and the future. So guess what, we need some new strikers----at least one top quality World Class striker. There are many around and they are all expensive---but guess what--we didnt let go of Sheva for free did we? Spend some money for goodness sakes..

Hasan Rossonero
11-11-2006, 22:13
The most useless player in our team, IMO, is Seedorf. It is pure torture to watch the man go about his wretched business.

Simply awful :lazy:

nefremo
11-11-2006, 22:54
Milan played well today, apart from a couple of big mistakes. The one problem was that our defence (not just the back for, but the whole team) was never tight together when Roma had the ball. There was too much room and space between the back 4 and the midfield.

The first goal I would really say that it was all Nesta's fault. It was a really hard ball to get to and he somehow menaged to get a foot on it. Doing that, the clearence was not all that great, but at the same time Pirlo was walking around and only started even thinking about covering Taddei when he realized that the ball is going to get there (in other words he was late marking). Same goes for Simic, who like ACMILAN1983 said, should shift whenever the CB's are pulled to the side. He was way to late to even think about marking Totti who was left alone in the middle for too long of a time. Maldini was quite confused as well, although he can't take that much blame for the goal.
The second goal was just Seedorf thinking that he is superman and that he can shield anyone off the ball. Again, his slow thinking and slow play came to the surface there. Instead of moving towards the ball and getting a one touch on it, he wants to shield it, trap it, look up, and then pass. Very dissapointing.

As for Carlo....I want to say this. "I don't blame him that we lost, but I blame him that we didn't win".
That might sound a little confusing, but I'll explain it.
I don't blame Carlo that we lost, because he simply had no controll over our mistakes. He put out a good starting line-up, but had no controll over the defensive mistake over the first goal nor over Seedorf's act.

As for me blaming him that we didn't win, here is how it goes. We tie the game 1-1 and there was quite a lot to go. I was expecting Carlo to take out one of the forwards and put on another forward, maybe put Gourcuff in for Seedorf who was not having the best of days and I REALLY wanted Cafu in for Simic. Instead, Carlo goes for a dumb, POSITION for POSITION substitution. Nothing got changed when he did that. Why take out Gila and put Inzaghi and then 5 mins later take out RO and put on Boriello. We can have a TEN forwards in the box, but if there is no service, what the hel! is their use? We needed Cafu to push up the right and we needed Gourcuff to bring some speed. If you are going to WASTE 2 substitutions and still not change anything to the concept of the game, then that is a failure. Gila and RO were doing OK. Maybe one of them should have came off, but not both forwards. There was NO CLEAR service in the box. Most of our chances came from outside shooting. So if nobody is putting the ball in the box to feed the forwards....THEN WHY DID CARLO ONLY PUT IN MORE FORWARDS. I really didn't get it.

So to summarize the whole thing........I don't blame Carlo that we lost because he had no controll over the errors, but I blame him that we didn't win because we had a chance to do it at 1-1 with the momentum and Roma pinned back, but he chose to not make the right substitutions. The substitutions really made no sense.

We will be back however. I have confidence because something really weird is happening at the moment. We play well, but we lose. It is a fact that we are lacking quality back-ups, but we have to remain confident at what we have right now.

FORZA MILAN!

remote2book
12-11-2006, 00:42
idk...guys just very sad....feel like crying
i just hope we win CL...or else idk...i just feel so sad...when isee all those empty seats...and juventes still gets 70,000+ even tho they r in serie B and we get half of dat much fans..but i love milan and iam staying with them till the end....no matter wat happens

icculus
12-11-2006, 00:53
ACMILAN1983 & nefremo - spot on observations.

Dida, Maldini, Brocchi - fantastic
everyone else - lack-luster.

the double striker sub was silly, unless carlo is hoping that one of them will step up. i think carlo is trying out combonations. i dont know who i would start game in and game out?
i hope they can find a clear 1st team striker in January, amoung other needs...

Aficio
12-11-2006, 01:47
I feel really sad. But as Berlusconi said: Don't give up.

hitmannq8
12-11-2006, 02:10
I'd do anything for Cassano or Robinho. I think they have what it takes. I'd prefer them over Ronaldinho. And whoever asked if Cassano is cuptied, the answer is yes.

Is there any chance we like offer 60m for Messi? I think hes better than Dinho and possibly (and potentially) even better than our own Kaka.

minhduc
12-11-2006, 02:49
We truely need a revolution!
Berlu: better you sell the club to someone else
Gali: better you go
Carlo: you go
Dida: you go
Cafu: you retire
Maldini: you retire
Costacurta: you retire
Gila, Oli, Boriello, Janku, Simic: you have position at another clubs
Seedorf: you reallyneed to wake up.

joumasepoes
12-11-2006, 03:36
I said I'd accept your apology before hand full well knowing you werent going to give one. Thats fine. That's the measure of who you are pal. You think I made this up about people wanting us to lose this match? Ok.... you asked for it
Here it is:http://www.milanmania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=396835&postcount=165 That's is just one of several being posted all across this forum Jim. You didnt accuse me? You called me a harbinger of doom when IN FACT the rest of you folks have been doing nothing but talking about doom. I've been just about the only one here who has been calling for calm and sanity from the lot of you. I'm not ticked off but you've been plain wrong... no DEAD wrong. So while you may not feel embarrassed, you were not disagreeable... you were wrong.
O come now mate youre so arragont demanding an apology, when youre the 1 making ludicrous comments

Kui
12-11-2006, 03:50
O come now mate youre so arragont demanding an apology, when youre the 1 making ludicrous comments

Best you stay out of it. Especially when I have made amends to what was said. You want to drag it on? Just keep it up.

Franco6
12-11-2006, 04:00
I have nothing against the team after yesterday's result. Everyone gave the 101%, yesterday we deserved a draw. In games against Palermo, Roma & Atalanta we deserved 4 or 5 points and got nothing. This is a time when everything is going wrong. I really can't blame anyone for yesterday.

This is the most dull period since I'm supporting Milan and it's in moments like these that we should stand toghether with the team.

Kui
12-11-2006, 04:09
This is the most dull period since I'm supporting Milan and it's in moments like these that we should stand toghether with the team.

Again Franco... Thank You very much. It is indeed during these times we must stand together with this team. As I said earlier to you, it was a morale booster for you to stand firm behind this team.

Maltese Charlie
12-11-2006, 06:04
I have nothing against the team after yesterday's result. Everyone gave the 101%, yesterday we deserved a draw. In games against Palermo, Roma & Atalanta we deserved 4 or 5 points and got nothing. This is a time when everything is going wrong. I really can't blame anyone for yesterday.

This is the most dull period since I'm supporting Milan and it's in moments like these that we should stand toghether with the team.

PROSIT Franco!!!
Very well said.
Though I saw and lived much more dull periods than this one since I'm supporting Milan, which were all before BERLUSCONI era.

ACMILAN1983
12-11-2006, 06:46
ACMILAN1983 & nefremo - spot on observations.

Dida, Maldini, Brocchi - fantastic
everyone else - lack-luster.


Thanks, I forgot to mention about Dida and Brocchi. Maldini wasn't at his best yesterday, but by far our best defender. Brocchi deserves a starting spot until Rino comes back, as he's performed superbly and Dida was faultless really, there's nothing he could do about the goals.

I wouldn't go as far as calling the rest of the team lackluster, as they did perform well for almost the whole match, but the fact remains they don't deserve any praise at all due to their failures for very short periods in the match. That sort of flop is inexcusible in such important matches.

But these are tough times, and the team needs support to help them through, so I'll maintain with my

FORZA RAGAZZI!
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Graeme C
12-11-2006, 06:50
i do think this is our dullest moment since 96.. (well i can only really think back to 88, i can only really renember chunks of 83- 88, i was only born in 83..)

i do think its good to get together and stand behind the team, but unless we are all going to the San Ciro to support the guys, we cant do alot...

rosoneri_11
12-11-2006, 06:53
I have nothing against the team after yesterday's result. Everyone gave the 101%, yesterday we deserved a draw. In games against Palermo, Roma & Atalanta we deserved 4 or 5 points and got nothing. This is a time when everything is going wrong. I really can't blame anyone for yesterday.

This is the most dull period since I'm supporting Milan and it's in moments like these that we should stand toghether with the team.


We might gave the 101% yesterday,but the difference between a great club and a good club is that the great club can still win even when they dont play good football!
At the moment Milan isn't a great team!
It can be only if we change a lot of things!

Maltese Charlie
12-11-2006, 07:03
i just think its lame that ancelloti is blaming the prem. champ league games for the lack of form... makes me want to scream.. i cant believe it can be this stupid....

The Shevchenko rumour was just a proper gander, alot of rubish really... Belusconi should have made a bold statement instead hes telling stories, to make us keep hold of hope.. and not go mental at Via Turati tomorrow.... but were not all young kids..

Im listening to The Kooks- Naive... "not seing is your fault, although you could have done more, You're so naive, yes so........" so fitting

Graeme what's wrong about Ancellotti for blaming the Prem. Champ. league games for the lack of form, or to be more exactly Fitness?

Do you have a slight doubt about the Pre-season that is so important to players to keep them fit for the whole season?

Milan missed the pre - season. All the Milan players were gathered together only about 5 days before the first preliminary Cham. league game.

That is why Milan have so much Injuries this season more than the past.
And also the reason why the players looks like they do not have 90 minutes running in their feet.

For me All Milan Problems this year are related mostly to Moggiopoli and the world Cup.
Because all fitness problems are related to the lack of pre-season due to Moggiopoli and the players playing in the World cup had no rest at all. (also due to prel. cham. league games.)

The phsicological problems are also related to Moggiopoli, as the same bad fitness and lack of results plus the 8 points deducted will not help the players to have max. of concentration.

Also the very bad market campain is related to Moggiopoli.

All the above problems plus the scandal refereeing decisions during the Atalanta game and some unlucky situations are all the ingredients to this Milan's FAILURE.

Graeme C
12-11-2006, 07:22
Graeme what's wrong about Ancellotti for blaming the Prem. Champ. league games for the lack of form, or to be more exactly Fitness?

Do you have a slight doubt about the Pre-season that is so important to players to keep them fit for the whole season?

Milan missed the pre - season. All the Milan players were gathered together only about 5 days before the first preliminary Cham. league game.

That is why Milan have so much Injuries this season more than the past.
And also the reason why the players looks like they do not have 90 minutes running in their feet.

For me All Milan Problems this year are related mostly to Moggiopoli and the world Cup.
Because all fitness problems are related to the lack of pre-season due to Moggiopoli and the players playing in the World cup had no rest at all. (also due to prel. cham. league games.)

The phsicological problems are also related to Moggiopoli, as the same bad fitness and lack of results plus the 8 points deducted will not help the players to have max. of concentration.

Also the very bad market campain is related to Moggiopoli.

All the above problems plus the scandal refereeing decisions during the Atalanta game and some unlucky situations are all the ingredients to this Milan's FAILURE.

but Ancelloti uses to many excuses, Ref decisions, level of fitness, bad pitch.. he cant always say we played cr*p because of these reasons, we played cr*p because we played cr*p...he should say, ah we made too many mistakes, we will have to improve before the next game.... If the level of fitness is a concern, it brings up the whole transfer situation up again, and the squad depth debate... Maybe there is physcological problems with the side, if so why havent they brought the shrinks in yet? ...

rahul.acm
12-11-2006, 07:33
Galliani read riot act to AC Milan stars
tribalfooball.com - November 12, 2006

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani read his players the riot act after last night's defeat by Roma.

Gazzetta dello Sport says Galliani cleared the dressing room of all hangers on before addressing the players.

"That's enough! Everyone in this room must start giving more - beginning with me," rapped Galliani. "We are not used to losing and we already have lost too often this season!"

Not a player said a word during the tirade. No player dared challenge the Milan supremo.

Later, Kaka confirmed: "He (Galliani) urged us to stay strong and not to let go."

sveto
12-11-2006, 07:55
2007 is going to be the year of a radical REVOLUTION

sveto
12-11-2006, 07:57
yes berluskoni said Anceloti is untouchable, but if we fail to with at empoli this coming saturday, anceloti is long gone

peters
12-11-2006, 08:24
like i said in pre match comment, its hard to see us winning if there is no change - in tactics, coach, players, motivation... anything. We dont play that bad, but we need something extra to edge games in our favour.

Franco6
12-11-2006, 10:12
We might gave the 101% yesterday,but the difference between a great club and a good club is that the great club can still win even when they dont play good football!
At the moment Milan isn't a great team!
It can be only if we change a lot of things!


I know, in recent past with same player (a year or 2 younger plus the ukrainian) used to play many avreage games but still win them. This is just a period where everything goes agaisnt us i.e. luck.

MILAN!
12-11-2006, 11:49
Secondly, we were unlucky, but at the same time I was wondering about some of our moves. Time and time again, Oliveira got on my nerves. Granted he wasn't playing badly as such, but he'd never feed the ball to Gila, who was constantly around the box either making a good run or ready to hold and lay off the ball. Oliveira has to play more with the players around him, otherwise the whole move gets wasted unless he scores a spectacular goal everytime. Gila today had very little to feed off of. This was evident even after Pippo replaced him, as Pippo hd the same problems.




my thoughts exactly.. i appreaciate oliviera's efforts but he really should atleast attempt to pass the ball to gila/pippo.. he's not the only one though, passes to gila were very scarce throughout the whole match

zZ[-_-]Zz
12-11-2006, 11:49
my biggest concern in this match wasn't just the fact our strikers are drawin' blanks yet again... but rather why waste 2 subs just for the strike-force alone... and not usin' our 3rd sub to bring in Gourcuff to try & turn things around... the other concerns are obviously concedin' 2 stupid goals... and concedin' the first so early & the second so late...

Maltese Charlie
12-11-2006, 13:06
but Ancelloti uses to many excuses, Ref decisions, level of fitness, bad pitch.. he cant always say we played cr*p because of these reasons, we played cr*p because we played cr*p...he should say, ah we made too many mistakes, we will have to improve before the next game.... If the level of fitness is a concern, it brings up the whole transfer situation up again, and the squad depth debate... Maybe there is physcological problems with the side, if so why havent they brought the shrinks in yet? ...

Please kindly ask you to give me 1 (according to you) excuse which Ancellotti said and is not TRUE.

What Ancellotti should say is not to us or the media but to the players, and I believe he is doing a great job, otherwise Berlusconi will sack him out not defending him so hard as he did yesterday.

Tony75
12-11-2006, 13:14
If we really need to go for someone on the market in January, my only suggestion is a gamble: Cassano. He could be a timebomb, but his talent could help us greatly if his ego doesn't kill us; this desperate situation might call for some desperate prescription. But he is cup-tied, is he?

Cup tied doesn't matter. We are doiong ok in CL, coz there are no Italian refs, and it's an easy enough group, but Serie A is the problem. Cassano could be great, but considering how we are being treated by refs he could find himself sent off in every match he plays with his attitude.

Also we can't afford to make a press silence, as we have enough problems this season without an already biased media making further problems for us. Pyschology we are off, way off IMO, but also Ancelotti needs to amend his philosophy for the sake of results. enerally I'd say no to this, but its need at the moment. I'd drop Pirlo, & Gila for next match.

I'd give a few youngsters like De Gennaro & Aubameyang a chance, and play
4-3-3.

Something like
Dida,
Simic, Nesta, Maldini, Janku
Gourcuff Brocchi Seedorf
Kaka Inzaghi Oliveira

Subs: De Gennaro, Aubameyang, Cafu, Pirlo, Gila, Billy, Fiori

FORZA MILAN PER SEMPRE.

rahul.acm
12-11-2006, 13:20
Just give Carlo one midfielder to cover Seedorf and a decent striker like Amorosso. He change the results instantly. We should also respect the fact that we are missing Kaladze and Gattuso, both defensive players who add a lot of stability. Serginho could have covered Seedorf but even he is out injured. Favalli, when is good shape can also give 60-70 minutes of top class defending in a match.

There is simply no point in sacking Carlo and that is not because his departure will make our team unstable but because he is the best manager to lead us untill the current buch of players (gattuso, pirlo, seedorf, kaladze, janku, etc.) leave us. We cannot afford to sack him.

Mystik
12-11-2006, 13:30
I agree. Changing coach won't fix anything. We NEED a few new players.

Tony75
12-11-2006, 13:32
[QUOTE=rahul.acm]Just give Carlo one midfielder to cover Seedorf and a decent striker like Amorosso. He change the results instantly. Favalli, when is good shape can also give 60-70 minutes of top class defending in a match.[QUOTE]

Is see no point in sacking Ancelotti either, but what you posted above is tosh.
Amoroso is not average, never mind decent. at this moment we need a goal machine - plain and simple, a decent wide player, a def mid who isn't injury prone, and a class centre half. Even if Carlo had an option for Seedorf like Gourcuff, he still wouldn't use him that much, case in point, Dhorasoo, Vogel, Ambro when fit. Change the minutes to seconds for the quote on Favalli. Shouldn't be wearing our jersey at the expense of youngsters like Marzoratti. Shameful management.

rahul.acm
12-11-2006, 13:59
.... but what you posted above is tosh.
Amoroso is not average, never mind decent. at this moment we need a goal machine - plain and simple, a decent wide player, a def mid who isn't injury prone, and a class centre half. Even if Carlo had an option for Seedorf like Gourcuff, he still wouldn't use him that much, case in point, Dhorasoo, Vogel, Ambro when fit. Change the minutes to seconds for the quote on Favalli. Shouldn't be wearing our jersey at the expense of youngsters like Marzoratti. Shameful management.

Well what I want is a back up attacker who can step in at any time of the game and let the game continue at the same pace. Amorosso would have been a good back up.

Untill June I wouldn't want a defender unless he is a CB. We have enough players as LBs and Cafu and Bonera don't look heavily injury prone to play as RBs. I don't know whether Carlo would use a Seedorf sub or not but the amount of games he is playing results in patchy performances and concentration lapses. I am sure Carlo would at least give a second look to the Seedorf sub.

Favalli has been out with injury and because of that you see that he is completly useless or ... whatever. Let him recover completely and he could have served as a better LB than Simic during the Roma game. Last but not least do not discount his experience.

Marzoratti needs experience and that is exactly why he should not be with us and Favalli should. Besides Marzorati is a RB and not a LB like Favalli and when Favalli (a highly capable sub) is available for free I don't see any reson why we should not take him.

Tony75
12-11-2006, 14:22
Marzoratti needs experience and that is exactly why he should not be with us and Favalli should. Besides Marzorati is a RB and not a LB like Favalli and when Favalli (a highly capable sub) is available for free I don't see any reson why we should not take him.
Because if the club have any desire for success, or any slimmer of ambition players like that should be signed once every 5 seasons or more, not as one of main signing of each new season.

RB/LB makes no difference. For a team that plays with a narrow midfield he's not good enough for our team for his supposed role.

ACMILAN1983
12-11-2006, 16:20
my thoughts exactly.. i appreaciate oliviera's efforts but he really should atleast attempt to pass the ball to gila/pippo.. he's not the only one though, passes to gila were very scarce throughout the whole match

True, but Oliveira had at least two superb opportunities to lay the ball off to Gila to create good scoring chances. The first I remember was he took a right foot shot that was straight at the keeper, while had he'd passed Gila would have been 1 on 1 with the keeper. The second was a long ranged left foot shot which he sent well wide. Again Gila had taken a good position where he was ready to roll Mexes through to goal, or if he couldn't it was pretty good placing to lay off for another to have a good strike at goal.

Also we can't afford to make a press silence, as we have enough problems this season without an already biased media making further problems for us. Pyschology we are off, way off IMO, but also Ancelotti needs to amend his philosophy for the sake of results. enerally I'd say no to this, but its need at the moment. I'd drop Pirlo, & Gila for next match.


Exactly why I'd go for press silence. The pressure the media puts on the team isn't helping at all. Having a press silence would give the media less to write, but more importantly I'd block the players from any of the media, and simply cut it out for now, so they don't have to think about what's said.

Differing opinions I guess

goose
12-11-2006, 18:37
Well ladies and gents, I've already said my peace about new players and yadda, yadda, yadda...

But I'm not too shocked at our current situation. For sure it will be an interesting time for us January 1-31, 2007. If nothing is done management needs to step down and get their collective heads examined.

I'm hanging on, painfully. I'm taking lots of s h i t e from Man Utd fans at work. If we get through to the next round of the CL I hope we draw them.

But we have to keep our heads above water.

rt9
12-11-2006, 21:33
Some of you think firing Carlo would solve the problem? That is just ridiculous!! How can firing Carlo solve anything when he was never the problem to begin with? Is it Carlo's fault that he has the same midfield to work with as 2003? Is it his fault that he has Favalli on the bench instead of Marcelo :) ? Is it his fault that Sheva left and a post-injury RO has come to replace him? Is it his fault that Boriello is his fourth striker instead of maybe Crespo?

Management must take a decent share of the blame for the dismal results and better take steps to correct their mistakes. As goose said, if they dont do anything substantial this Jan, they really need to get their heads examined.

Warro Bantan
13-11-2006, 09:02
My main problem with the lineup..(which is where we began to lose the game), is Carlo´s insistence on starting Clarence....he should have played Gourcuff...he is good enough to start against Roma...Seedorf was tired from the Italian Cup game...he should never have started.

Carlo´s tactics are also questionable, especially when you KNOW how Roma are going to play...all the ball posession in the world wont win u games...and so something has to change..

He is limited to the players he has at his disposal, but come on...he can do better. I am quite dismayed at this result...though were I a betting man, I would have bet on Roma...

We simply dont have what it takes to beat the big teams in Italy this year...it could be a mind thing...or it could be a combintation of the early start, stale tactics...poor defending...except that Milan of previous seasons could usually revocer from the one or two defensive errors that were made, as we were always capable of scoring..now..we get lost in the final 3rd...also, too many underperforming players.

Pirlo, Seedorf, and Nesta need long breaks on the sidelines...or to move on to other clubs, or in the case of Pirlo, maybe a change of position...something has got to change...and at present, I am too down to even concern myself with what that is.

Whatever Berlu, Galliani, Carlo, and the team choose to do, as Nike says: Just Do It.


:moan:

Karim
13-11-2006, 09:21
I am watching the game right now, and the Totti goal is splendid, check with you all after the game ;)

OCmilano
13-11-2006, 18:15
Yes i saw the HL and Totti played amazing, too bad that moran did'nt play the same way over the summer in the WC... GL to your team Karim but don't run and hide if they screw up and lose again this year...

Karim
14-11-2006, 02:52
Oh don't worry,
I will give also my impression on this match later, I am in university