View Single Post
Old 24-05-2006, 14:51   #2

Warro Bantan

Moderator
 
Warro Bantan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08 1999
Location: Kingston, Jamaica
Fave Players: Rui Costa, Pirlo, Pato
Warro Bantan will become famous soon enough
I think its quite clear that we need midfield reinforcements...and in particlar a defensive midfielder in the style of a "Redondo", who can tackle, pass, and create chances.

mrki, I disagree with you in terms of who you think should be replaced. Pirlo is too important to be "replaced" indeed, he has been labelled "irreplaceable" by our own coach..(not that you hold him in high regard, but it underscores the importance our tactician credits Pirlo with), and as such, it wont be he that will be left out by this aquisition.

Gattuso to me, looks like the person who would make way for an Emerson, or an Edmilson. It will probably Emerson, if Juve go down, if they dont, then who knows who it will be...I like Diarra, but it is unlikely that we will get him, as he is too pricey at the moment.

Pirlo, Seedorf (while he lasts) Kaka, and Player X, would be the starting midfield IMO...Carlo has already indicated that Max will be player X, but we could buy/aquire Emerson, were Juve to be relegated...I see Rino playing less next term, coming into games where we need more steel than creativity in the middle.

There is however, another scenario, that we would basically have two defensive midfielders, with Pirlo and Kaka being responsible for the playmaking.

I wouldnt put this past Carlo...indeed, it may be the more probable of the outcomes mentioned herein, as he is not (despite the opinions of some to the contrary) an "over-attacking" coach.

Any of the aforementioned possibilities begs a question however: Where does Vogel go in all of this?
__________________
I Love Milan.
Warro Bantan is offline   Reply With Quote